• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Throwing Wammy

L

longshanks

im almost done with my set up. it was a lot of work to get this going. i made my suit using the mace and shields and beserker breastplate

im 83/95/73/75/72. im a touch off on the resists cause i made earrings instead of a necklace which i didnt realize u couldnt combine with mace and shields.

di 60
hpi 7
hci 45
lmc 38
si 32
mi 5
dex 26
hpi 25
str 27
nite sight

i the following soulglaives

demon slayer di hml ssi 30 hci 10
reptile slayer di hml ssi 30 hit cold area

last one im going to make will be a generic
hit fire area ssi 30 hml ssi di hci 10 (to counter not running undead trinket)

i figure for rats ill pair this with a vermin slayer.

im very interested to try this out. i should be up and going sometime this week so ill report back with how it goes.

T

thesplatter

how are u guys training Throwing?
i am training like this list:
0-28 kaufen
28-43 bullen
43- 62 zombies sklette ghouls
62- 68 skellete
68- 80 gargoyls, demonen
80 - 90 erd elemente
90 - 120 bone knights , skelet knights

i got now 72skill but its gaining slowy on demons

are there better an faster ways?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just trained up on slimes until like I was in the 80's, then went to Navery.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My training regime:
60-100: Acid slugs
100+: Ogre Lords/arctic ogre lords

I'm shocked that more people don't train archery/throwing at the acid slug spawn right inside the underworld entrance.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is where I trained up into the 70s (or was it 80s), then I moved to Navery mainly because I was bored.

J

[JD]

I did the spellweaving quest on my garg, stoned on sw+magery, dryad allure charmed an arctic ogre lord, gated him to luna, all stop all stay, and beat on him with a 100% poison elemental damage cyclone. i also went in reaper form for +10 SSI and cast some spells between swing to get my med and focus to start training stats in the right directions. didnt take long and i trained throwing to 109.x and then stopped, because I have +10 throwing on one of my jewels.

L

longshanks

ok.

got my guy up and going last nite. went to the slasher and a guild was there doing it in the center. i was in wraith form. cursing weapon and could pretty much ai non stop. im not 120 anat / throw yet but was getting off 215 shots on a reg basis with eoo cast.

they left after 3 runs and i took him over to the fountain on the west side of town. i lured the dragon off and am loyal to the bane so that wasnt an issue.

was doing pretty good on him till my pig iron ran out. question is how do you survive the paralysis. i have pots but seems like no other forms of healing work. im 150 hp and he can easily beat that out of you in the time your locked up. does a trapped box break this?

is dancing around the fountain the way to go or do you set up elsewhere?

i'm liking what i have seen so far. this temp does massive damage.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To survive the paras, dont let yourself get too close to him. Xhealing with others helps alot. I found timing of the bandage key. Try to get a bandage going so when he starts damaging you it completes and the hit another bandage. This gets you 2 heals in the time you are frozen and may buy enough time for you to run away with a confidence for a quick heal. But ultimately when it comes to slasher, when your time is up he will let you know :p

J

[JD]

Is it possible to beat slasher as a vamp form garg without bandages? Do you need resist? Should I stone on SS for slasher so I can curse weap in whammy form? Ninjitsu needed? :eek:

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to beat slasher as a vamp form garg without bandages? Do you need resist? Should I stone on SS for slasher so I can curse weap in whammy form? Ninjitsu needed? :eek:
As explained above, without bandage healing its hard to live trough this attack.
If one could tell when this attack comes, it would be possible to run, but im not sure sure if there is a sign beforehand.

L

longshanks

I fight him where the Bane Dragon spawns, out the West side of the Chamber Of Virtue, around the short wall. It's 6 or 7 tiles across the wall so I'm normally in the right place for the sweet spot damage bonus.

The hounds don't attack if you are loyal to the Bane, though the Bane Dragon still does.
re short wall: your talking about the rectangular fountain?

J

[JD]

Thanks to everyone posting tips/tactics in this and LG's Mystic Dexxer thread.. I am starting to get a good idea of what to do vs. Slasher. Still have a few questions.

I just finished off a swords/thrower but want to modify it a bit for Slasher. I'm on a 705 skill pt acct so it makes things interesting. I don't want any of the bolded to change below as it would change the other templates I use with this character.

120 Throwing/Bush
100 Tactics
85 Anat
100 Healing
71 Chiv

1. Vamp form: 99 Nec, 20 Spellweaving (Lvl 6 Attunement) >or<
  2. Wraith form: 40 nec, 20 SW, 59 SS (Might steal a pt from Chiv to make 60 SS for Dark Wolf)

Is the only difference between Vamp form and Wraith the amount of mana you may be able to leech? Meaning in Vamp form if you can't leech as much, you can't AI/LS as much, and it takes longer to do the Slasher?

Also to handle special attacks I understand I can use bandies and pots to live through the para/meteor.

But wasn't there the issue of curses, DP, and swing speed dropping in his Mystic Dexxer thread thus the need for Stone Form?

I also notice Slasher's weakest resist is physical, so I'd want a Soul Glaive with DI 30, SSI 30, Demon Slayer, HML, HSL to fight him.

Thanks.

L

longshanks

ur on the right track jd as far as your thinking goes.

i found last nite that wraith form put me in the pocket from the mana perspective and casting curse weapon to pull back my life. with curse weapon cast i was pulling back full life (150 hp) in two hits and stayed full life while poisoned as well.

Also in wraith form i wouldnt say i was chaining ai's but alternating between ai/lightning strike was still doing an incredible amount of damage.

he curses so chiv remove curse and adding apples into the mix would prove useful.

the soul glaive you mentioned is essentially the same one i built. it worked well.

i have no healing on my get up so essentially it appears i'm dog meat while frozen if he gets to me. 1 heal pot with no enhancement doesnt heal much and he takes the 150 points in fairly short order.

that's why for a solo discussion i asked two points up for lord god to clarify where he's killing him. being neutral to the bane is a positive as when i had him around the fountain, he spent a fair amount of time killing the dogs. i was only there for a short time and did not get paralzyed so i wonder if the para attack occurs less frequently if less players are present and no hitspell is going off.

i looked for a solo utube video today but all i found was someone who failed miserably and a japanese player using a bard, and probably every hack in the book to fight him :/

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i looked for a solo utube video today but all i found was someone who failed miserably and a japanese player using a bard, and probably every hack in the book to fight him :/
That was a bard/whammy combination using a leafblade, damage numbers did look right to me. What was very interesting was his positioning, he didnt have healing and the meteor shower did next to no damage to him.
He did discord him once, then switched out gear. Can only guess template, perhaps something like this.
120 fencing, bushido, tactics
60 parry
40 necro
60 spirit speak
100 music + jewelry
100 disco + jewelry

L

longshanks

thanks lg,

i got him 1/2 life on catskills atm. im 111 throwing right now and even 3-5 tiles away with ls and full 45 hci (55 actually) im missing him an awful lot.

if i wasnt missing him i'd have wrecked him by now.

im going to 120 the char and go back and try it again.

ill try the short wall where u mentioned.

he seems to not do the para/rock thing much. i'd say 3 times total but he does para so i need a trap box for sure.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In an attempt to further derail the thread, in terms of the para gaze and the rock shower from Slasher, the first is just one of his specials and the second is a counter attack, right? It would seem that with just one person attacking the number of times both come chained together would be fewer than with groups.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are the same attack. Also, they are a counter attack, so if you're alone, it happens less often (and thus, a slow, strong attack is better than a fast weak attack... and as always, a fast, strong attack is best!)

You get paralyzed with no chance of escape and the shower starts.

J

[JD]

and the shower starts.
Then I shall shower under meteors.

Does anyone have a good idea of his weakest resist(s) or resist ranges? The sites I've checked don't seem to ahve a large enough sample to really determine his resist. One site claims phys is his lowest but I lored him last night and it was his highest at 77, and poison was his lowest.

I made a 100% physical Demon Slayer Soul Glaive but now I'm having second thoughts..

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had no problem doing Slasher on my regular AI/LJ sampire, that is until the unbreakable para and rock fall started.

I then soulstoned LJ off and put on healing, but even with a bandaid going he hit me twice that made me slip and my bandy only healed for minimal damage and I died anyways.

I just kind of accepted the fact that I'd likely die occasionally to that, and brought in a secondary character to res me a few screens away.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then I shall shower under meteors.

Does anyone have a good idea of his weakest resist(s) or resist ranges? The sites I've checked don't seem to ahve a large enough sample to really determine his resist. One site claims phys is his lowest but I lored him last night and it was his highest at 77, and poison was his lowest.

I made a 100% physical Demon Slayer Soul Glaive but now I'm having second thoughts..
He is weak to phys. Wraith for gives more mana, even with 20ss I get enought to spam AI and LS. Just have to keep as much distance and the fountain between him and you, time your bandages when frozen. In addition having more than 1 way of healing helps ( i use pots, bandages, close wounds and confidence). Hit confidence and a bandie at the same time is really nice when in the red.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

There are 3 different attacks that freeze you.

1) Magic Paralyze you can break with a Trap Box.

2) When you run towards it, an unbreakable Paralyze scaled based on your Resisting Spells, and may also put you under the effects of Mind Rot. (Stygian Dragon has this attack also.)

3) Rock Fall, this is an unbreakable Paralyze counter attack to ANY damage (including it's own fire fields) it takes. The rock damage can be absorbed with Attunement. Because this is a counter attack to any damage you should avoid small pointless hits (like hit spell) because you will trigger it twice as much.

I only use 2 attacks, AI and throwing the blue rocks it drops back at it when it does the rock fall.

L

longshanks

thanks lg.

the slasher did the para 3 x last nite. once when he walked in his fire field
and two others which i believe were him fighting the hellhounds.

i adjusted my temp to include healing at the expense of necro which i find better to run wraith form and curse weapon rather than vamp form.

so now im

120 throwing
120 busido
120 tactics
100 anat
90 heal
60 ss
40 necro
65 chiv
715 (im 4th year vet in 3 months)

ill run enhanced bandies for the 10 point to gm buff.

i will try him again tonite around the 1/2 wall swamp fountain
and report back.

thanks.

L

longshanks

ok,

went back down to slasher tonite. lured the bane dragon over to the slime spawn and pulled slasher around the low wall with swamp in the middle on the west side per lord god's instructions.

45 min and 3 deaths later, dead slasher.

he parad about 3x total. and two times i got the look of fear thing.

healing is a must in my opinion as it saved my bacon on more than one occasion. apples were key to, removing curse and with 150 hp allowing me to survive his big fireball blast.

40 necro was fine for wraith form. 60 ss allows about 18.6 seconds of curse weapon time.

at about 1/4 life he gets slow and basically stops attacking.

i was getting damage all over the map running about 70's - 80's with normal hits and ai's and criticals from 199-230 and saw a high of 244.

of course no drop at all but was cool to solo it.

Just wanted to give a big shout to you lord god. nice template. very fun to play.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Trinket/Primer" = Trinket OR Primer. Meaning I'm using the Conjurer's Trinket apart from when fighting humanoid or Repond creatures. Though this character is no longer setup like this. It is now:

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Necro
70 SS
70 Chiv

74/95/70/70/75, 100 di, 40 lmc, 2 mr, 45 hci, 25 hp, 10 ssi

150 Str/150 HP
148 Dex/180 Stam
21 Int/51 Mana
Did you have success with this template against Slasher? Osiredon?

What is it about Throwers that are allowing them to Solo the top Bosses like Osiredon/Slasher that an Archers cannot. One would think the two ranged skills would be comparable.

How is throwing more advantageous than Archery?

Why 120 Anatomy instead of Magic Resistance?

Personally I find the damage bonus from Anatomy just isn't worth the 120 skill points if you bring the right elemental damage..this one being physical.

Many times the damage increase from Anatomy is nominal if everything else is in order. (Example Miasma I hit for 10 more points of damage with 120 Anatomy..instead of 80 I hit for 90. To me it's just not worth it.)

Then again for a 50,000 HP 160 that extra damage 10 or so damage will add up as the minutes tick by. I'm usually more inclined to go with more defense than offense against the top 160's but seeing as how your not standing toe to toe Anatomy might be the optimal choice.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Did you have success with this template against Slasher? Osiredon?
Yes.

What is it about Throwers that are allowing them to Solo the top Bosses like Osiredon/Slasher that an Archers cannot. One would think the two ranged skills would be comparable.
Archers can, just a lot slower. The Soul Glaive has the base damage of a Crossbow, but is faster and can AI, being able to AI with higher base damage means bigger hits. The Archery AI weapon is the Composite Bow which has much lower base damage resulting in much lower hits. The only Archery weapon that can, in a single hit, out damage the Glaive is the Heavy Crossbow, but you can't AI with that, so you would be limited to critical hits from LS which are 1 in 5. Where as with AI, on some monsters that have large or infinite mana pools, you can do it every swing, even every other swing would be more frequent than just LS.

How is throwing more advantageous than Archery?
It's one handed, has no ammo, higher damage and easier swing caps.

Why 120 Anatomy instead of Magic Resistance?
The intention of the template is to do the most consistent biggest hits possible. The Slasher often has over 120 Eval so Resist is of no use in that fight.

Personally I find the damage bonus from Anatomy just isn't worth the 120 skill points if you bring the right elemental damage..this one being physical.
Armor Ignore doesn't target resists, and again, the template was intended for the biggest possible single hit. Though, it can actually be more than this, if used with Stone Form it could go another 20% over all caps, and probably reach 300 per shot (though then it wouldn't be in Wraith obviously).

The Ornate Axe with everything maxed and LJ did 255, and went to 281 with Stone Form, so I presume the Glaive at 273, and Heavy at 291 would be at least another 30 points

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the feedback.

Just to clarify against Slasher on the SS template listed above your going in Wraith form?

J

[JD]

Many do slasher as throwing whammy but you don't need to. LG also did it in stone form prior to this.I made another post and did it in vamp form. Even that is probably not needed. You would just have more mana/AIs from Wraith so the fight would go faster in wraith I presume.

Archers could definitely do much of what throwers can, though It seems far easier to me to crank out an elemental slayer sword/throwing weap to take on any given boss than to do it with a bow... cheap dc runics vs. expensive runic fletching kits

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Just to clarify against Slasher on the SS template listed above your going in Wraith form?
Yes, the Slasher effectively has an unlimited mana pool, so you can AI non stop in Wraith Form (aside from the occasional Mana Vamp). The character has 150 HP, and with Curse Weapon up is healing for over 100 every 1.5s, through anything (Poison/Mortal/Bleed).

There's also a damage bonus for being at the right range for Throwing, so even with the same base damage as the Crossbow, it's usually doing more.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I managed to kill Slasher twice but died a dozen times on each of my two attempts.

Every time I died it was because of his Paralyze attacks. I believe he as two different attacks that literally turn you into a sitting duck for 5-8 Seconds.

What's the strategy to negate this paralyze move? Is there one?

It's kinda aggravating having to stand frozen for 8 seconds having one of thee if not thee most powerful monster in the game beating the hell out of you and tossing everything including the kitchen sink at you.

Slasher fights cheap and dirty!:rant2:

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

It has Magic Parralyze. Counter with Trap Box.

It has an attack when you run towards it, that "freezes yo with terror", this is unbreakable and the duration of this depends on your Resisting Spells, it can also place you under the effects of Mind Rot.

It has a counter attack to any damage (including it's own fields), where the screen flashes white and it rains blue rocks, now centered at it's location. The blue rocks can be picked up, double clicked and thrown back at it for 100-200 damage. The screen flash also results in unbreakable parra, there are only a couple of ways around this. Firstly be far enough away from it that it can't get close enough to kill you, this is easiest done out the West side of the Chamber of Virtue where the Bane Dragon spawns. Providing you are loyal to the Bane and lure the Bane Dragon away, otherwise the Hell Hounds will still attack you. Here you keep as far opposite to it as you can around the short wall. Secondly you need to use heal methods that are not affected by being frozen, such as regens, Bandages, Potions, Healing Stone, Spell Trigger Cleansing Wind, pre existing Gift Of Renewal, and pre existing Attunement can also absorb some of the rock fall damage.

You don't need Bushido for fighting the Slasher so it can be stoned for Healing.

J

[JD]

What's the strategy to negate this paralyze move? Is there one?
I searched for "slasher" and came up with several topics when I started trying him. What I found was:

1) Attunement absorbs meteor shower damage as it is physical, so you want lvl 6 focus
2) You can use healing through meteor shower so you don't want to rely on leeches alone
3) You can use potions and healstone through his meteor shower
4) The more attacks/damage he's taking the more likely he is to meteor shower, thus you do not want hit spell and want to eliminate multiple attackers
5) From my own findings if you are at farther range he may be walking rather slow so the time he gets to you his meteor shower may be near over

So while you can't negate it, you can live through it with a little luck from the RNG

Sometimes he only meteor showered 2-3x per fight but one time he freaking meteor showered like 15x. It was insane. I was not a happy JD.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran the template you posted in #59. That was my question was if that was the template you used on Slasher. I thought you said yes. It worked...I just died too many times.

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Necro
70 SS
70 Chiv

I'm going to toss out the Bushido and give Spellweaving a try before I try healing or Mysticism. I just needed a little more help/healing and I would have been okay.

One last question as far as working low level spawns. Are you using a Soul Glaive for that or a faster weapon like the cyclone. Since you said Throwing is capped at 1.75 I'm guessing a cyclone may not be any faster.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I ran the template you posted in #59. That was my question was if that was the template you used on Slasher. I thought you said yes. It worked...I just died too many times.
Both versions can do it, but the one in #59 needs to use the location with the short wall to keep enough distance that it can't catch up.

One last question as far as working low level spawns. Are you using a Soul Glaive for that or a faster weapon like the cyclone. Since you said Throwing is capped at 1.75 I'm guessing a cyclone may not be any faster.
On this template (#59) I use a Soul Glaive with Hit Area and Momentum Strike. Though I have another template that is a Swords/Throwing sampire that uses the Talwar to Whirlwind.

Throwing USED (past tense) to be bugged and couldn't swing faster than that (I got the information from WarUltima, and it seemed accurate), however the bug was fixed (it does say so somewhere in this thread), and Throwing now does the speeds you'd expect it to. So Glaives can reach 1.5s, Cyclone and Boomerang can reach 1.25s.

J

[JD]

someone correct me if I'm wrong but since demon slayer is a Super Slayer you are doing 200% dmg. Without perfection you can't reach 300%, although you can reach 250% with EOO. so perfection is needed for the bigger hits.

I would keep bush for perfection and confidence, ditch SS for healing, use vampiric embrace, and drop anat 20 pts and put into healing. Between pots, confidence, healing, leeches, and the mobility you'll have as a flying vampire you should have a lot more survivability. you just won't be able to do as many AI's as a whammy so the fight will take a lil longer. but the flipside is you dont have to rely on leeches and can eliminate many deaths from the meteors. I do him in vampire mode with healing and it works great. there is a thread titled logrus made me late for work..

also even though gargoyles don't have JOAT for some reason I can still cast attunement.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
someone correct me if I'm wrong but since demon slayer is a Super Slayer you are doing 200% dmg. Without perfection you can't reach 300%, although you can reach 250% with EOO. so perfection is needed for the bigger hits.
You are wrong here. Let me explain.
(100% di from items) + ( 100% di from superslayer ) = 200% .
200% di + ( 50% from 200% di ) = 200% + 100% = 300% .

In numbers, lets assume you got 100 di from items and your imaginery weapon displays 50 damage on paperdoll with that 100 di.
50 dmg + ( 100% of 50 dmg ) = 100 dmg
100 dmg + ( 50% of 100 dmg ) = 150 dmg

But there is a reason to go over 300% , and thats armor ignore. It usually does 90% of your max damage, but i sometimes see higher numbers then that if i am above 300% cap.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

You reach the 300% cap with either:

EoO & Super Slayer
EoO & max perfection
or
Single/Specific Slayer

L

longshanks

a few things regarding the unbreakable paralyze.

the half wall works very well at keeping distance between you and him.

At the beginning of the battle he has quite a bit of closing speed so i like to take advantage of the 10 tile range of the weapon. Even if at the expense of the damage bonus. You will still hit him for 200 or higher.

in the bag i carry

invis pots
heal stone (mystic insight on gargoyles gives u a 63 point heal stone) i see about 11 points of healing out of that on the first pop. i carry an arcane robe to recast the stone.

pots as well

if ur full health i drink a strength potion and start a bandaid.

if u get the invis off immediately upon the freeze you can usually (if u have enough distance) get it off prior to being interupted.

i also like to kill him on the east side just past the big circle. there is a square there with a broken globe in the middle. the length of that is about 10 tiles so i pop an ai run to the next turn pop an ai, rinse and repeat.

also is good to stop by the silver tree and get a seed prior to taking him on.

on a side note. since lord god was nice enough to share this build i've done him about 40 - 50 times now. a few 3.0 sot's was my best drop. no lavalierre and no beserker breastplate. he is stingy so don't think your going to build the temp and go into the lavalierre business.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had same results with drops as you. Stopped doing him after 50.
One guy told me 150 and still no lavaliere.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stoned on Spellweaving and that didn't work out to well. I killed him but died a number of times. One death is too many in my book.

Tried with 90 Healing and I believe that is the way to go. I died one time after missing 6 in a row. I'm gonna bring some HCI pies along for the next Slasher.

Healing is the way to go from my limited experience. Haven't checked out Mysticism and probably won't because Healing worked out so well. It was 10 times easier with the Healing that it was when I was carrying Bushido or Spellweaving.

So far no good drops. I'll probably farm him 10-20 times more to test my luck however I'm not crazy about spending that volume of time with no guaranteed return. Too many times I've gone 0-50 and I just won't do that anymore.

Interesting and creative template. Thanks for the feeback provided.:thumbup1:

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atm i am unsure about what to do with my thrower. So i had this idea

120 throwing
120 mysticism
120 focus
110 bushido
110 tactics
99 necro
61 + chiv

Mystic throwing sampire for pvm. Anyone did try this one ? To me it looks good on paper ( actually i have something in mind where i would like that template ).

I puzzle about how to build the suit since cannot have everything on it.

J

[JD]

But there is a reason to go over 300% , and thats armor ignore. It usually does 90% of your max damage, but i sometimes see higher numbers then that if i am above 300% cap.
You reach the 300% cap with either:

EoO & Super Slayer
EoO & max perfection
or
Single/Specific Slayer
LG would using Super+EOO+Perfection allow exceeding the DI cap for AI as Klaupac mentioned? Or how would you do that?

Re: Location, I do not like doing him on the "right" or "eastern" side of the round room. He will occasionally teleport up the rock/fountain area chasing a hell hound, and if he goes up there, he will summon you to him and kill you. Your body will annoyingly be left in an unreachable area. The only way to get it back is to get summoned again, and have a friend invis you, while you teleport scroll off.

I prefer the half wall or anywhere else. The hellhounds actually help you so you can really kill him anywhere. He will stop to attack them and then it's open season on the Slasher while they tank for you. Just keep your distance in case he does the meteor attack. Many times by the time he gets to you the meteor will be almost over.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

LG would using Super+EOO+Perfection allow exceeding the DI cap for AI as Klaupac mentioned? Or how would you do that?
No. The DI cap can only be further exceeded with Stone Form.

(Idk about Magic Fish Pies.)

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot exceed the di cap by that. But sometimes i see armor ignores doing 100% damage instead of 90%. Usually if i am above 300%. Max damage is still capped at 300% .

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mostly in monster-bashing, DCI is a wasted mod, unless you're fighting against archers like Medusa. Even rat-archers don't require DCI since you far out-leech their damage (unless you charge head first into the middle of a group).

The objective is not to stand next to whatever you're killing.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but if i were to fight medusa i would want to have dci on my suit right?, i mean i understand that unlike the sampire throwing whammy isnt supposed to be getting hit since they are range, but what if i were fighting something that runs faster than i do like a paragon. I notice that the build doesn't have parry either.

Also, if i wanted LRC could i replace the Mana increase stat with it and not break the build.

For example

the last time i made a sampire and replaced LMC with something else, the sampire was unplayable against anything that can mana drain me. (which means i die to every single peerless 1v1 because i cant even keep up lightning strikes if im sitting at below 5 mana all the time)

im gona be using this for medusa primarily, and mebe try slasher, sa dragon, and champ spawns.

edit.
after looking things over a bit, 2nd question

so assuming that i do not have mana increase on my suit and no DCI since nobody here seems to be using it, i could replace the DCI slot that i would have used on my rings with 8 int each giving me a total of 16 meaning i will end up with 26 mana total i think. is that enouhg or too little mana.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my whammy, I don't have DCI, even when fighting Medusa. I just heal through the damage with cursed weapon.

Then again, I don't solo Medusa on my whammy, that is what I use my sampire for.