• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Throwing Wammy

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Think the slasher scales based on how many people are attacking it? It really seemed like he was doing more freezes and such with more people there.
It does. The freeze/rock fall is a counter attack so the more ticks hitting it the more it will happen.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does. The freeze/rock fall is a counter attack so the more ticks hitting it the more it will happen.
Glad to know I'm not crazy. I'm guessing it would help to make sure no one in the group is using a hit spell weapon then? My understanding is hit spell is more likely to invoke a counter attack then a normal hit would?

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure about this? From what I have seen during my training on slimes boomerangs swing a LOT faster than glaives. This is with enough of the relevant stats to get boomerangs to 1.25 and the glaives at 2.

Still, I hope you are right, in which case all i really need is a few more daemon claws for my slayer and I can have a bash at soloing the slasher. :)
As for the last patch this has been FIXED !!! And also that supid bug that was making you miss all your first swings is fixed too!!! throwing is finally a decent skill!

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LG, on your gear listed above you have primer on arms trinket as 10HCI. Do those really exist with HCI or was that an error?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Primer on Arms with 20 DI, HPR 2, STR 1, and 10 HCI is a faction item. The normal Primer on Arms Talisman does not have HCI.

The Conjurer's Trinket, which is not a faction item, has 10 HCI and Undead Slayer too. That's a superb alternative unless you are fighting repond creatures. Unfortunately, they no longer spawn in game, so you will have to purchase one off a vendor.

-OBSIDIAN-

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"Trinket/Primer" = Trinket OR Primer. Meaning I'm using the Conjurer's Trinket apart from when fighting humanoid or Repond creatures. Though this character is no longer setup like this. It is now:

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Necro
70 SS
70 Chiv

74/95/70/70/75, 100 di, 40 lmc, 2 mr, 45 hci, 25 hp, 10 ssi

150 Str/150 HP
148 Dex/180 Stam
21 Int/51 Mana

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lord GOD,

Are you finding the survivability running your thrower as a vamp more forgiving? I've contemplated turning one of my sampires into a thrower, just wasn't sure if I wanted to go the healing route or just as it always has been. I see your resists are set up so that you can run in either form, that has a lot potential benefit.

Ax

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I find the survivability no different.

I changed because it was easier to be in flight for some things, and partly because there's less consumables usage, plus I was rebuilding anyway for max Str.

Looking forward to getting some Bake Kitsunes to use with it also.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Appreciate the info.

Looking forward to getting some Bake Kitsunes to use with it also.
Though, has something changed that I somehow missed? I always thought that Bake's required taming/lore to own/control?

One of my sampires does have 2 vollems that tote along behind him. They are a great time, and the added damage output really helps with certain things.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The Dark Wolf from the Summon Familiar spell lets you control wolves, as well as giving Stamina Regen.

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LG, this is a fun template so far. I started training against renown rats in the abyss and able to do them starting at 50 throwing skill. Would you mind posting your new gear?

Fernadious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always considered fun to develop templates/suit in UO, you should try it a bit. More fun than going and ask ppl what they use so you can use it also ^^.

Just saying..

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Head: Mace & Shield, 25/10/10/10/10, 10 str, 5 dex, 30 hld (HLD not currently working - stats needed anyway)
Neck: Imbued Gargish Necklace, 3/6/14/6/9, 7 lmc, 4 hp, 8 stam, 8 mana
Torso: Breastplate Of The Berserker, 18/16/5/11/5, 15 di, 4 lmc, 10 ssi, 5 hp, 3 stam regen
Legs: Imbued Barbed Gargish Leather, 10/21/14/11/18, 8 lmc, 3 hp, 8 stam, 8 mana
Arms: Imbued Barbed Gargish Leather, 8/21/14/16/13, 7 lmc, 8 stam, 6 mana, night sight
Kilt: Imbued Barbed Gargish Leather, 10/21/13/16/20, 6 lmc, 8 stam, 8 mana
Talisman: Conjurerer's Trinket, 20 di, 10 hci, 1 str, 2 hpr
Wings: Ranger's Cloak Of Augmentation, 1 lmc, 5 ssi, 5 kinetic eater, 3 sdi
Ring: Imbued, 7 lmc, 15 hci, 8 str, 8 dex, 3 int
Brace: Imbued, 25 di, 15 hci, 8 str, 8 dex, 3 int
Robe: Shroud Of The Condemned, 5 int, 3 hp
Apron: Crimson Cincture, 5 dex, 10 hp, 2 hpr
Racial: 2 mr, 5 hci

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Trinket/Primer" = Trinket OR Primer. Meaning I'm using the Conjurer's Trinket apart from when fighting humanoid or Repond creatures. Though this character is no longer setup like this. It is now:

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Necro
70 SS
70 Chiv

74/95/70/70/75, 100 di, 40 lmc, 2 mr, 45 hci, 25 hp, 10 ssi

150 Str/150 HP
148 Dex/180 Stam
21 Int/51 Mana
Why the 70SS? Incase you want to go into wrathe form? I assume you went to 100 necro to do Sampire?

J

[JD]

Hey LG I noticed you didnt have much DCI on your suit, are you planning on just not getting hit?

What are you using for whirlwind on big bio balls, are you using momentum strike as a poor man's whirlwind (as none of the throwing weaps have the whirlwind special) and perhaps hit area on the weaps?

Again with regards to not getting hit, how do you find your survivability without a swampy?

Lastly is there anything you have been unable to kill solo on your current template? Or what are some examples of some things you've killed on this new template?

My Sampire has SS and some Bake's would be cool also... though I've been unhappy with some things and looking at a rebuild myself.

thanks

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Hey LG I noticed you didnt have much DCI on your suit, are you planning on just not getting hit?
Yes.

What are you using for whirlwind on big bio balls, are you using momentum strike as a poor man's whirlwind (as none of the throwing weaps have the whirlwind special) and perhaps hit area on the weaps?
Yes.

Again with regards to not getting hit, how do you find your survivability without a swampy?
Better.

Lastly is there anything you have been unable to kill solo on your current template? Or what are some examples of some things you've killed on this new template?
With this build I haven't attempted Ilhenir, Twaulo, Semidar, Meph, Meraktus, Grizzle, Melisande, Oaks. Though I could do Semidar if I wasn't male, I could do Meph if I stoned Bushido for Ninjitsu, I'm not sure about the others.

I mainly stick to doing ones with good rewards, Barracoon (for 4 Int boots), Rikktor (Lt Sash), Serrado (Lt Sash), Slasher (Lavaliere), Stygian (Fallen Mystic's book), Medusa (Slither), Primeval (Protector Of The Battle Mage). Also been doing the Bane Guards very easily in Wraith Form, made over 100m from the Defiler Of Virtue Katanas' so far (at 5m a pop).

J

[JD]

Thanks, whats your weap setup look like?

45 DI, 30 SSI, hml, hsl, slayer?

And instead of SSI, perhaps hit area on boomerang?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I pretty much just use Soul Glaives, 40 DI, 30 SSI, Slayer, Hit Area and HML, I leave off the Stam Leech as I can Divine Fury/Total Refresh at any time really.

Though on my Swords/Thrower on the Whirlwind weapons I do it the other way and leave off Mana Leech and just use Perfection before I Whirlwind so I stay full.

N

NickyDishes

Drop rate for tangle is very low, i did several hundred navreys using 4 different chars with group or solo to get 1 tangle out of it.
Lately i did need a crimmie for my throwing whammy, it dropped after killing less then 20 dreadhorn.
ive killed over 300 dreadhorns never got a crimmy, but ive killed around 100navery and gotten 2 glasses, a tangle, and 3 or 4 3.0 scrolls

J

[JD]

is there a good list of gargoyle usable artis somewhere? im havin trouble capping HCI or even getting dci on beyond the jewels.

so far i got
hci: jewels (30) + faction primer (10) = 40
dci: jewels (30)* = 30

*going to use mace and shield rather than faction folded steel

Fernadious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there a good list of gargoyle usable artis somewhere? im havin trouble capping HCI or even getting dci on beyond the jewels.

so far i got
hci: jewels (30) + faction primer (10) = 40
dci: jewels (30)* = 30

*going to use mace and shield rather than faction folded steel
For HCI you get +5HCI from being garg apart from that you get 5HCI from Void Kilt. Apart from that i guess you have to use HCI on weapon which on throwing weapons caps at 25.

For DCI you can use Robe,Tange, Altered quiver.

J

[JD]

^ty

Could a few peeps post their Throwing Gargoyle EQUIPMENT templates? I'm interested in necromancer/sampire and PVP ones.

Thanks

Edit: For clarity

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have 45 HCI on my wraith thower:

- 15 Ring
- 15 Brace
- 10 Conjurer's Trinket
- 5 Racial bonus

And I have 30 HLD from the M&S Glasses.

-OBSIDIAN-

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
150 Str/150 HP
148 Dex/180 Stam
21 Int/51 Mana

Head: Mace & Shield, 25/10/10/10/10, 10 str, 5 dex, 30 hld (HLD not currently working - stats needed anyway)
Neck: Imbued Gargish Necklace, 3/6/14/6/9, 7 lmc, 4 hp, 8 stam, 8 mana
Torso: Breastplate Of The Berserker, 18/16/5/11/5, 15 di, 4 lmc, 10 ssi, 5 hp, 3 stam regen
Legs: Imbued Barbed Gargish Leather, 10/21/14/11/18, 8 lmc, 3 hp, 8 stam, 8 mana
Arms: Imbued Barbed Gargish Leather, 8/21/14/16/13, 7 lmc, 8 stam, 6 mana, night sight
Kilt: Imbued Barbed Gargish Leather, 10/21/13/16/20, 6 lmc, 8 stam, 8 mana
Talisman: Conjurerer's Trinket, 20 di, 10 hci, 1 str, 2 hpr
Wings: Ranger's Cloak Of Augmentation, 1 lmc, 5 ssi, 5 kinetic eater, 3 sdi
Ring: Imbued, 7 lmc, 15 hci, 8 str, 8 dex, 3 int
Brace: Imbued, 25 di, 15 hci, 8 str, 8 dex, 3 int
Robe: Shroud Of The Condemned, 5 int, 3 hp
Apron: Crimson Cincture, 5 dex, 10 hp, 2 hpr
Racial: 2 mr, 5 hci
Ok either there is stuff missing from this list or I can't add because I cannot figure out how you get 150 STR from the above items!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
123 Base STR
10 M&S Glasses
8 Ring
8 Bracelet
1 Conjurer's Trinket

Total is 150 strength.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question:
Since Wraith form is +15 physical, do you really have your base physical resist at 70? Or can you have it at like 60?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I have it at 70 because I'm not always in Wraith, I always build so that my resists are at 70 in and out of forms. I switch between Vamp/Wraith depending on what I'm fighting.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have it at 70 because I'm not always in Wraith, I always build so that my resists are at 70 in and out of forms. I switch between Vamp/Wraith depending on what I'm fighting.
Have you been able to solo Slasher in vamp form or just wraith? And are you able to use AI often in vamp?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I haven't tried.

AI is still possible frequently in Vamp, you're still leeching off hits over 200, if your Hit Mana Leech doesn't go off 3 times in a row you can run out and then you need to use Lightning Strike.

So, often, just not as often as every hit in Wraith.

J

[JD]

ok i did a 3rd take at the weapons, ssi charts, and specials and damnit you guys finally convinced me and im starting to build a thrower.

i have no idea what direction im going to take him though. i have 4 ideas im kicking around. mainly i want something which will be good for spawns/bosses as well as be able to contribute in a pvp fight.

*ninja dismount stealth thrower

i havent seen anyone do this one yet, but when i think about how the whole setup might work it seems like it might work quite well! there are some bonuses too, like not needing to waste a weapon imbue slot on the balance property, as well as not needing an ethy to convert to "field fighting" mode once you've dismounted people.

*lynk's swords/throwing temp

*sampire thrower w/swords also for whirlwind

*throwing/myst combo

wondering what you guys think will be the most effective combo for what i've mentioned i'm looking for

also good news, i keep hearing the HLD effect on my M&S glasses go off lately.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got bored of my Sampire so I made this. So far solo'd Slasher, Rikktor & Serrado (whole spawns and champ). Soul Glaives are like AI'ing with a Crossbow 270 highest damage I've seen with it so far.

Thanks for the heads up.

Could you please also add what armor you are wearing and the modifiers that your throwing weapon has ?

Thanks.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

This thread was made on the 15th of May 2010.

I've explained the template, armor, weapons and tactics from the first template, and again when I changed the template in November.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

*ninja dismount stealth thrower

i havent seen anyone do this one yet
Very good for PvP and PvM.

They have. It's even considered old on some shards lol.

*lynk's swords/throwing temp
Very good for PvP. I don't know his full setup so I don't know if he can gear it for PvM also, though I would imagine so.

*sampire thrower w/swords also for whirlwind
Very good for PvM, terrible for PvP.

*throwing/myst combo
Ok for PvM, the skills don't really compliment each other in PvP.

J

[JD]

123 Base STR
10 M&S Glasses
8 Ring
8 Bracelet
1 Conjurer's Trinket

Total is 150 strength.
thats 27 in items, isnt the cap for items +25 to a stat? they almost force you to go 150 str with a thrower, if you get cursed you'll drop to 140. any less and you will encounter hci penalty. yet maintaining 150 dex, along with enough usable mana would be tough

also- thanks for the suggestions LG. actually in thinking about a stealth thrower now, i think although their weapons seem superior, and on the surface the gargoyle armor affords superior resists (and thus better mods available on that armor), humans get good arties plus offloading the HCI on your jewels to your enhanced woodland, offering even more +skills (or something else)... i'm examining this thoroughly before committing to new equipment now

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

There is no cap for any increase from items other than HP.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I've heard a hit spell will cancel out the slayer property if it goes off.. that doesn't apply to hit area though?

ty
It's not true to start with afaik, though I rarely use hit spell in PvM because a lot of monsters counter attack on damage, and low damage ticks just make it happen all the more.

C

Cloak&Dagger

I've heard a hit spell will cancel out the slayer property if it goes off.. that doesn't apply to hit area though?

ty
I could be wrong, but who told you that? Considering the hit spell is applied after you hit the monster I don't see how it would affect it working. Maybe the person meant it does not affect hit spell. I know my slayers all work when hit area goes off (not sure if it affects hit area, never tested it).

J

[JD]

its just one of those things you "hear"... ill do some testing

im starting to plan out the template and i think im going with 45 SSI/180 sta

45/180 is enough to swing the soul glaive at 1.5s - it cant be accelerated to cap, even if you go to 60 ssi (30+10+5+5+Reaper Form) so thats a good stopping point.

and if i dont wanna waste relics on 30 ssi on the cyclones, 15/180 is enough to swing it at cap, leaving room for some nasty full strength mods on my dismounter/moving shot weap that an archer can only dream of (50 hit lightning, 50 velocity, etc) - ouch haha!

15/180 will swing the gargish talwar at 1.5s, but i figure it will only be used for lighter targets anyway, and i can add a superslayer + hit area to it. for tough stuff ill use the soul glaive with specific slayer, or with pvp mods for the pvp ai weapon.

L

longshanks

im building your temp lg with many thanks.

on the question of tactics at slasher are u sorta staying on the peripheral and hammering ai's from 10 tiles out?

also where are u killing him. prior to the hell hounds we use to run him around the fountain, which i think would work awesome with this build but maybe u need to clear the place out first ?

thanks.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I fight him where the Bane Dragon spawns, out the West side of the Chamber Of Virtue, around the short wall. It's 6 or 7 tiles across the wall so I'm normally in the right place for the sweet spot damage bonus.

The hounds don't attack if you are loyal to the Bane, though the Bane Dragon still does.

Alekslandr

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What skill can I leave out to keep my gargoyle's 120 imbuing? Can I use magery instead of anatomy/healing? Please advise....

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What skill can I leave out to keep my gargoyle's 120 imbuing? Can I use magery instead of anatomy/healing? Please advise....
I think you will seriously reduce your effectiveness by dropping something for 120 imbuing. Now I do use my thrower to imbue, but I keep the 120 imbuing on my mule. When I want to imbue stuff, I move my 120 throwing onto a soulstone, and then use a second to move the 120 imbuing to my garg. I imbue my items, and then I put his skills back together.

All you need to do this is 2x soulstones a 2x 120 imbuing power scrolls.

-OBSIDIAN-

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For slasher, you could drop bushido. You would still be able to solo him, but would take a bit longer because armor ignore does cost more mana now. But you need the bandage healing there.

For general purpose, you could shuffle points around a bit to get 115-120 mysticism instead of healing / anatomy. Would still be a good char.