• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thought this could not be done anymore

M

Malador

I dont seem to be the one who is dense here. I know you can not be in a different faction on the same account. but you can be in a non faction guild on other characters that are not in a faction. and have the non faction guild allied with a faction guild that your faction characters are not in. So if I'm in TB, and I have characters in a non faction guild that is allied to a faction guild in COM. and that is why they should automaticly put non faction guilds into factions once they are allied to a faction guild. My non faction guild who is allied to a faction guild in COM, would automaticly be put into COM,Which would mean because I'm already in TB. I would be kicked out of my non faction guild because I cant be in 2 different factions on the same account, because the non faction guild I'm in was made to automaticly go COM.
I am sure someone somewhere understands what you mean but I dont. Nor do I care. The simple fact remains that this issue is not important in the grand scheme if things.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont seem to be the one who is dense here. I know you can not be in a different faction on the same account. but you can be in a non faction guild on other characters that are not in a faction. and have the non faction guild allied with a faction guild that your faction characters are not in. So if I'm in TB, and I have characters in a non faction guild that is allied to a faction guild in COM. and that is why they should automaticly put non faction guilds into factions once they are allied to a faction guild. My non faction guild who is allied to a faction guild in COM, would automaticly be put into COM,Which would mean because I'm already in TB. I would be kicked out of my non faction guild because I cant be in 2 different factions on the same account, because the non faction guild I'm in was made to automaticly go COM.
So, after reading this about 3 times, you want every guild that allies with a faction guild to automatically join the same faction?

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, it is possible to be in 2 different factions on the same account. I now know of 3 different people that have achieved this, and even they don't know why it worked. Perhaps it has something to do with having 1 character on the account already in a faction before the changes were made, and then taking character number 2 to a different stone...I dont know. I just know a member of my alliance has done it, a member of the SL group has done it, and a factioner on LS has done it.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not hard to do it. I accidentally did it when we switched from Minax to TB. My crafter was not in the 2.0 guild stone so when I removed the guild from factions he stayed.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will you guys ever remove the faction alliance with none faction guilds? Also would it be to much to ask for you guys to remove the gate in the Shadow Lords faction base, it extremely annoying when all they have to do is say chaos and there off the server!
Yes, it’s not intended for faction alliances to work with non faction guilds. I expect it to be addressed as part of the Live development cycle.

As far as the gate to the secret room for the Shadow Lords – every shard who’s Shadowlords faction lost the Crimson vs Platinum dragon event has already had it removed.
-Draconi
Source: http://www.uoherald.com/fof/?fofId=172

-Galen's player

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ty Galen.
To the ones who said does this matter. Yes it does matter when legit players like me play by the rules. Non factions guilds have no place in being involved in the factions at all. Non factions guilds that want to be allied to factions guilds need to join factions. One of these guilds kicked a member out of their guild because he posted a picture using a 3rd party program that was illegal. but this is worse knowing this was not intended, and illegal. tsk tsk
I'd like to point out that this is in no way shape or form uncommon...on any shard that utilizes the factions.

Singling out someone who does it is almost as pointless as.... well pointing it out to the devs, who wont do anything anyway...

But if u do get their attention, plz do point out the 101 more important things people should be complaining about the factions.. like all the broken systems,, and ****ty systems that were implemented and how hundreds of trammies use our items in trammel and farm points so they never have to go to fel. Stuffz like that.

S

Saleena

I'd like to point out that this is in no way shape or form uncommon...on any shard that utilizes the factions.

Singling out someone who does it is almost as pointless as.... well pointing it out to the devs, who wont do anything anyway...

But if u do get their attention, plz do point out the 101 more important things people should be complaining about the factions.. like all the broken systems,, and ****ty systems that were implemented and how hundreds of trammies use our items in trammel and farm points so they never have to go to fel. Stuffz like that.
YES! Tell them to Light the trammys on fire that are just using our items in tram! Burn Burn Burn!:twak::rant2:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, after reading this about 3 times, you want every guild that allies with a faction guild to automatically join the same faction?
Actually when I posted that idea was just a joke for Mals benefit of him thinking this will never be fixed. but the more I think about it. It wouldn't be such a bad idea would be one way to stop the alliances of faction and non faction guilds.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually when I posted that idea was just a joke for Mals benefit of him thinking this will never be fixed. but the more I think about it. It wouldn't be such a bad idea would be one way to stop the alliances of faction and non faction guilds.
Ah, I completely missed that one then, my mistake. :dunce:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ty Galen.
To the ones who said does this matter. Yes it does matter when legit players like me play by the rules. Non factions guilds have no place in being involved in the factions at all. Non factions guilds that want to be allied to factions guilds need to join factions. One of these guilds kicked a member out of their guild because he posted a picture using a 3rd party program that was illegal. but this is worse knowing this was not intended, and illegal. tsk tsk

I want it all fixed from the bottom to the top. I have 3 characters in factions I use only one character for factions that character is the only one on my account that has faction items the others don't.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will you guys ever remove the faction alliance with none faction guilds? Also would it be to much to ask for you guys to remove the gate in the Shadow Lords faction base, it extremely annoying when all they have to do is say chaos and there off the server!
Yes, it’s not intended for faction alliances to work with non faction guilds. I expect it to be addressed as part of the Live development cycle.

As far as the gate to the secret room for the Shadow Lords – every shard who’s Shadowlords faction lost the Crimson vs Platinum dragon event has already had it removed.
-Draconi
Source: http://www.uoherald.com/fof/?fofId=172

-Galen's player
I missed this earlier ty for posting this.:thumbup:
:eyes: *looks around for mods sees none*
Mal neenier neenier. It made the five on friday =P wasn't mine question tho so I won't take credit for it, but anyways neenier neenier

M

Malador

Mal neenier neenier. It made the five on friday =P wasn't mine question tho so I won't take credit for it, but anyways neenier neenier

They said the same thing several months ago. Come talk to me when they actually fix it. Then I will repeat the words I do not care. It affects no one.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They said the same thing several months ago. Come talk to me when they actually fix it. Then I will repeat the words I do not care. It affects no one.
after so many posts later Im suppose to believe you don't care. If ya didn't care and it affects no one why did ya bother posting in here?
also stop speaking for others as if you know how they feel or what affects them, speak for yourself by saying It won't affect me.

M

Malador

after so many posts later Im suppose to believe you don't care. If ya didn't care and it affects no one why did ya bother posting in here?
also stop speaking for others as if you know how they feel or what affects them, speak for yourself by saying It won't affect me.
Why would I care what you think or believe. You can believe in Santa Claus for all I care. You might as well. Santa is more likely to land his sleigh in your front yard and take you for a ride than you are to be affected by this issue you are whining about.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would I care what you think or believe. You can believe in Santa Claus for all I care. You might as well. Santa is more likely to land his sleigh in your front yard and take you for a ride than you are to be affected by this issue you are whining about.
OMG !!!! WHAT THERE IS NO SANTA dang Mal you ruined it for me thanks alot..:twak:

Im not the one whining its a bug and it will be fixed. I even took time to post my idea in the FOF thread.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1402013#post1402013

M

Malador

OMG !!!! WHAT THERE IS NO SANTA dang Mal you ruined it for me thanks alot..:twak:

Im not the one whining its a bug and it will be fixed. I even took time to post my idea in the FOF thread.
You are whining and your idea is stupid. It will never be implimented. If anything is ever done, which I doubt, they will simply fix the issue and remove the alliances. Further it is unlikely they will do anything unless it is during a revamp of factions.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You are whining and your idea is stupid. It will never be implimented. If anything is ever done, which I doubt, they will simply fix the issue and remove the alliances. Further it is unlikely they will do anything unless it is during a revamp of factions.
It is my thread I posted facts by a dev its going to be fixed. The only one in here who is a whining mommies boy is you Mal. For your info Mal I hardly play factions Im lucky to even get on at times to do anything now adays. I see unjustice for the players who play legit follow the rules, and I say this bug needs to be squashed.
Your only saying my idea is stupid because your jealous, because you didn't think of this idea first, and I did.

M

Malador

It is my thread I posted facts by a dev its going to be fixed. The only one in here who is a whining mommies boy is you Mal. For your info Mal I hardly play factions Im lucky to even get on at times to do anything now adays. I see unjustice for the players who play legit follow the rules, and I say this bug needs to be squashed.
Your only saying my idea is stupid because your jealous, because you didn't think of this idea first, and I did.
If I listed all the things the devs promised but never delivered I could shut down the stratics servers. Futher there are bugs that have existed for years still in this game.

I have not complained about anything except your needless and unjustified complaint. You have just reinforced my point by admitting you dont even play factions.

I am saying your idea is stupid because it would be a pointless and expensive excercise. Lets just assume EA spends the time and money to code this change in and all alllied guilds are put in factions. What do you think would happen next? In two seconds with no cost of effort the alliances would be broken. EA will not spend time or money doing this. They will simply fix it and if it is not too difficult undo the alliances. That is assuming they ever get around to it. I see it happening the next time factions are revamped.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I listed all the things the devs promised but never delivered I could shut down the stratics servers. Futher there are bugs that have existed for years still in this game.

I have not complained about anything except your needless and unjustified complaint. You have just reinforced my point by admitting you dont even play factions.

I am saying your idea is stupid because it would be a pointless and expensive excercise. Lets just assume EA spends the time and money to code this change in and all alllied guilds are put in factions. What do you think would happen next? In two seconds with no cost of effort the alliances would be broken. EA will not spend time or money doing this. They will simply fix it and if it is not too difficult undo the alliances. That is assuming they ever get around to it. I see it happening the next time factions are revamped.
I didn't say I didn't play factions I said I hardly have time to play factions. real life comes first,but it really has nothing to do with if I play factions or not. A bug is a bug reguardless of how you want to whine like a mommies boys about using it, and as long as your in an alliance that does this bug your justifying it. Of course you don't care if they don't fix it because it beneifits your alliances against the faction players, and pvpers who follow the rules, play fair, and don't use this bug.
You know for someone who is so full of themself, and knows this bug is not going to be fixed. but here you come whining about every post I post on the bug fix, Just face it Mal its coming may not today, tomorrow, or next month, but it will be here.

M

Malador

I didn't say I didn't play factions I said I hardly have time to play factions.
Actually what you said was

For your info Mal I hardly play factions
You do not raid our spawns. You do not do spawns to be raided by us and RID is not fighting field fights over sigals so this issue is not affecting you. That means you are whining about something that does not affect you.

as long as your in an alliance that does this bug your justifying it.
That is the most ludicriss idea I have ever heard. Human beings murder each other. As long as you are a member of the human race you are a murder.

Of course you don't care if they don't fix it because it beneifits your alliances against the faction players, and pvpers who follow the rules, play fair, and don't use this bug.
Wrong.

You know for someone who is so full of themself, and knows this bug is not going to be fixed. but here you come whining about every post I post on the bug fix, Just face it Mal its coming may not today, tomorrow, or next month, but it will be here.
Stop posting then.

oh no maybe some day they will spend time and fix this bug. I will be crushed. How will I continue. Oh yea. It dont help me in the least so it wont matter when its gone.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't say I didn't play factions I said I hardly have time to play factions.
Actually what you said was

For your info Mal I hardly play factions
You do not raid our spawns. You do not do spawns to be raided by us and RID is not fighting field fights over sigals so this issue is not affecting you. That means you are whining about something that does not affect you.

as long as your in an alliance that does this bug your justifying it.
That is the most ludicriss idea I have ever heard. Human beings murder each other. As long as you are a member of the human race you are a murder.

Of course you don't care if they don't fix it because it beneifits your alliances against the faction players, and pvpers who follow the rules, play fair, and don't use this bug.
Wrong.

Stop posting then.

oh no maybe some day they will spend time and fix this bug. I will be crushed. How will I continue. Oh yea. It dont help me in the least so it wont matter when its gone.
Champ spawns have nothing to do with factions, or this bug that is not intended. Whine all you want Im not going to stop posting Its my thread and I'll keep posting in it . stomp on the bug squash out the bug lalala laaaa!!!!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Champ spawns have nothing to do with factions, or this bug that is not intended.
Actually champ spawns are the only place this bug matters s0 you will never be affected.
I dont care if it doesn't affect the guy who doesn't play uo down the street. Point blank it is a bug against the TOS. You can sit there whine all ya want its not going to change that fact.

M

Malador

I dont care if it doesn't affect the guy who doesn't play uo down the street. Point blank it is a bug against the TOS. You can sit there whine all ya want its not going to change that fact.
Please point to the line in the tos that says you cannot ally another guild.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please point to the line in the tos that says you cannot ally another guild.
Oh don't give me that you know perfectly well Im talking about the exploit bug of faction and non faction guilds not suppose to be allied together, and they don't list the exploits bugs in the TOS. nice try though

M

Malador

Oh don't give me that you know perfectly well Im talking about the exploit bug of faction and non faction guilds not suppose to be allied together, and they don't list the exploits bugs in the TOS. nice try though

Like I said please point to the rule in the tos that is being violated. Until you can please stop using the tos as a tool to prove your point.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Like I said please point to the rule in the tos that is being violated. Until you can please stop using the tos as a tool to prove your point.
19. You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Ultima Online service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online web site at http://www.uo.com/mailBug.html.

Five on Friday
March 27, 2009

Why are faction guilds allowed to be allied with non faction guilds? This is a huge imbalance on the fighting field.

They shouldn’t be able to, this is a bug and will be squashed appropriately. If your faction guild is allied with a non-faction guild, please drop the alliance before we do.
-Draconi

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthre...28#post1375928

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

19. You will not exploit any bug in the Ultima Online product or the Ultima Online service. You will not intentionally use or share any bug found within Ultima Online, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage. You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Ultima Online service. You will report any such exploit using the bug reporting methods as described by the Ultima Online web site at http://www.uo.com/mailBug.html.

Five on Friday
March 27, 2009

Why are faction guilds allowed to be allied with non faction guilds? This is a huge imbalance on the fighting field.

They shouldn’t be able to, this is a bug and will be squashed appropriately. If your faction guild is allied with a non-faction guild, please drop the alliance before we do.
-Draconi

And just because a bug has not been fixed doesn't give anyone a right to use it, and break the rules

M

Malador

Five on Friday
March 27, 2009

-Draconi

You might be able to pin this on the DC/SA/XV/BC alliance as they have not existed that long and I dont think they existed before this was deemed a bug. If they created this alliance after this was deemed a bug then they certainly EXPLOITED the bug. Our alliance has existed for years. No bugs were exploited to create it. Go whine to EA.

Funny you should actually have the nerve to post the relevent TOS paragraph. I have to point out that you are in violation of both the UO TOS and the Stratics TOS. You came to stratics and directly communicated the existence of this alledged bug to the entire stratics community. That is a no no.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Five on Friday
March 27, 2009

-Draconi

You might be able to pin this on the DC/SA/XV/BC alliance as they have not existed that long and I dont think they existed before this was deemed a bug. If they created this alliance after this was deemed a bug then they certainly EXPLOITED the bug. Our alliance has existed for years. No bugs were exploited to create it. Go whine to EA.

Funny you should actually have the nerve to post the relevent TOS paragraph. I have to point out that you are in violation of both the UO TOS and the Stratics TOS. You came to stratics and directly communicated the existence of this alledged bug to the entire stratics community. That is a no no.
First of all since Draconi posted his answer on FOF
-Draconi
Opened it up to be talked about and discussed on the stratics boards.
Did I post how the bug was done no. and the UO Tos is public for anyone to read, and I didnt steal it for my own personal use for one of my web pages I built.
They shouldn’t be able to means It has been a bug back then as it is a bug now. I knew that when I started playing UO . that is because my brother, and nephews who were in factions pointed it out to me not to be in a guild alliance that was a faction guild and a non faction guild.
Seriously Mal what did ya think because your guilds alliance has been like that for years, was ok for it to be done because nothing was pointed out about it being a bug til this year by a DEV?
Sorry Mal I will always be right, and win on this one. While you will always be wrong and never win on this one. I have the facts to back me up what do you have? oh lets see let me close my eyes, and see what I see oh ya nothing.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually it was brought up back in 2008 by a developer and stated as an exploit, that they simply never enforced. I don't have the link to back this up. Not sure if it was a forum post or a FoF. :/

M

Malador

-Draconi
Did I post how the bug was done no. and the UO Tos is public for anyone to read, and I didnt steal it for my own personal use for one of my web pages I built.
They shouldn’t be able to means It has been a bug back then as it is a bug now. I knew that when I started playing UO . that is because my brother, and nephews who were in factions pointed it out to me not to be in a guild alliance that was a faction guild and a non faction guild.
Seriously Mal what did ya think because your guilds alliance has been like that for years, was ok for it to be done because nothing was pointed out about it being a bug til this year by a DEV?
Sorry Mal I will always be right, and win on this one. While you will always be wrong and never win on this one. I have the facts to back me up what do you have? oh lets see let me close my eyes, and see what I see oh ya nothing.

Sorry sweetie but you are mistaken. Your logic is flawed. Just because a dev guy names or discusses a bug, exploit or third party program does not remove the restriction against you doing the same. For instance Draconi has also addressed certain unnamed third party programs and to discuss them here still violates both TOS's.

As far as the devs pointing it out as a bug I only have your word that it has been designated as a bug. I dont read draconi's posts nor am I required to. If a bug exists in game and the devs are concerned about it it should simply be fixed.

And you have not won anything except a TOS violation for naming a bug.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
-Draconi

Sorry sweetie but you are mistaken. Your logic is flawed. Just because a dev guy names or discusses a bug, exploit or third party program does not remove the restriction against you doing the same. For instance Draconi has also addressed certain unnamed third party programs and to discuss them here still violates both TOS's.

As far as the devs pointing it out as a bug I only have your word that it has been designated as a bug. I dont read draconi's posts nor am I required to. If a bug exists in game and the devs are concerned about it it should simply be fixed.

And you have not won anything except a TOS violation for naming a bug.
sorry Mal but I didnt come out and say what the bug is, and how its to be used. When I say talking about it and discussing it is what the devs have already posted here on stratics. and I have not posted anything thing other than what they have. Factions and non faction alliances is not intended its a bug. Ya you dont have to take my word on it or read what a dev has posted thats up to you.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This was addressed in the most current Five on Friday as well.

http://www.uoherald.com/fof/

-Draconi

M

Malador

sorry Mal but I didnt come out and say what the bug is, and how its to be used. When I say talking about it and discussing it is what the devs have already posted here on stratics. and I have not posted anything thing other than what they have. Factions and non faction alliances is not intended its a bug. Ya you dont have to take my word on it or read what a dev has posted thats up to you.
Let me refresh your memory

You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Ultima Online service.

Nothing in that sentence says unless someone else has already told everyone about it.

I was not previously aware this was considered a bug or that our alliance was anything but normal. In fact I still don't admit that it is but it dont matter. If it is it will eventually be fixed and I will continue to be unaffected. By your actions here you have directly communicated the existence of this alledged bug to me and I am a user of the ultima online service ergo you are guilty of violating both the stratics and uo TOS. If you wanted to discuss it you should have stuck to the thread that was started by the dev guys to discuss it.

You are also guilty of accusing arg may and his entire alliance of cheating with no way to prove it as we all know the web site frequently reports erroneous information, especially the alliances.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me refresh your memory

You will not directly or indirectly communicate the existence of any such bug to any other user of the Ultima Online service.

Nothing in that sentence says unless someone else has already told everyone about it.

I was not previously aware this was considered a bug or that our alliance was anything but normal. In fact I still don't admit that it is but it dont matter. If it is it will eventually be fixed and I will continue to be unaffected. By your actions here you have directly communicated the existence of this alledged bug to me and I am a user of the ultima online service ergo you are guilty of violating both the stratics and uo TOS. If you wanted to discuss it you should have stuck to the thread that was started by the dev guys to discuss it.

You are also guilty of accusing arg may and his entire alliance of cheating with no way to prove it as we all know the web site frequently reports erroneous information, especially the alliances.
I posted everything that was open to the public to see. and posted links from the UO website to show where I got my information. none of these links were from a private websites or a form.And if there is a problem with any of these websites putting out erroneous information, especially about the alliances then you need to contact them to fix it. Its not my fault if its not working right
Asking this question I thought faction and nonfactions guilds could not be allied anymore?and posting a link is not accussing anyone of cheating. I have to come out and say the persons name or guild name, and accuse them of using a bug.
Even Kelmo posted the link for FOF from the herald UOs main website pointing out What Draconi said about it. This right here shows me I didn't break any TOS or ROC. because if I did break any of the rules as you stated then Kelmo would of takin action on it and wouldn't of posted.just before your last post.

M

Malador

I posted everything that was open to the public to see. and posted links from the UO website to show where I got my information. none of these links were from a private websites or a form.And if there is a problem with any of these websites putting out erroneous information, especially about the alliances then you need to contact them to fix it. Its not my fault if its not working right
Asking this question I thought faction and nonfactions guilds could not be allied anymore?and posting a link is not accussing anyone of cheating. I have to come out and say the persons name or guild name, and accuse them of using a bug.
Even Kelmo posted the link for FOF from the herald UOs main website pointing out What Draconi said about it. This right here shows me I didn't break any TOS or ROC. because if I did break any of the rules as you stated then Kelmo would of takin action on it and wouldn't of posted.just before your last post.
Regardless of any of your ludicriss rationalizations. Regardless of any actions taken by the so called moderators. Regardless of your wish to make it not be so you have:

1. Communicated the existence of a bug to other users of the Ultima Online service. (A violation of the UO TOS)

2. Accused other players or guilds of cheating. (A violation of the Rules of the GL Forum)

Nothing you say will change that.

S

Speed_Racer

It's really funny because BC used to whine and cry about TDR doing this, and now they are doing it too.
Really this is not funny. So TDR is the one to thank for finding the bug?
I dont know what everyone is crying about. If they didnt want anyone to allie, they would fix it. If they didnt want anyone to cheat, they would fix that too. How hard is this to comprehed. Its not the players fault the game has "bugs". Its up to the host to fix it.
Im sure if some xxthousand people load ea's phone lines for a couple of weeks they will move a little faster on things. I know I have unlimited minutes!! lol fight the power!!!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Regardless of any of your ludicriss rationalizations. Regardless of any actions taken by the so called moderators. Regardless of your wish to make it not be so you have:

1. Communicated the existence of a bug to other users of the Ultima Online service. (A violation of the UO TOS)

2. Accused other players or guilds of cheating. (A violation of the Rules of the GL Forum)

Nothing you say will change that.
Mal I have to be logged on the game communicating the existence of the bug to others.and since a dev made it aware to others first on a uo website gives me the right to warn players of this so they can decide to leave the guild and not take a chance of losing their accounts. All Im guilty of is being able to make you whine and cry like a mommy's boy. Last post to you on this subject good day.

M

Malador

Mal I have to be logged on the game communicating the existence of the bug to others.
Stop rewriting paragraph 19 to suit your needs. It is pretty clear.

and since a dev made it aware to others first on a uo website gives me the right to warn players of this so they can decide to leave the guild and not take a chance of losing their accounts.
Nice try but you are wrong yet again. If what you say is true then we could openly discuss any number of third party programs here that have been discussed and named by dev guys. We cannot. Many people including myself have received nasty PM's for doing so. You have no rights to post anything and nothing you read or misinterpret gives you any rights.

Last post to you on this subject good day.
Good you were a lousy proponent.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really this is not funny. So TDR is the one to thank for finding the bug?
Actually I've had a guild allied to non faction guild since day 1 when alliances were put in. With that being said. I know of plenty others that were the same way.. You can credit TDR for copying others and using the bug... thats about it though.

M

Malador

Actually I've had a guild allied to non faction guild since day 1 when alliances were put in. With that being said. I know of plenty others that were the same way.. You can credit TDR for copying others and using the bug... thats about it though.
The TDR/J^W/RID alliance is old news as well.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't mind the alliances if everyone could do them legally if they choose to. Rules can be changed they proved that with the owning sigil items. first you couldn't own them you got caught with them the sigil item was delete, or a possible ban. They did a fix,and after the fix it was ok to own sigil items.
If someone took time and wrote up something to convince them to make this legal for everyone, and posted it in the factions forms. we could all read it, and make suggests that will convince them to make this legal for everyone.
oh and Im talking about making the alliances legal not the bug.

R

RichDC

To be honest, there is actually nothing illegal in doing this. No action taken to form the alliance is illegal. I understand the end product is "illegal" and will be dealt with in time.

Thats fine, but there is no proccess being illegaly used...its just using the game mechanics set out by Mythic, im also not sure how they will stop it as i cant see how it can be done without ruining all alliances.

Well see though.