• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thought this could not be done anymore

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Laugh it up chuckles...

M

Malador

Nothing anyone can say here that is going to justify using a bug especially when a DEV even came out and said it was a bug, and even gave players a chance to drop it before they do.
There is no justified reason that the non faction guilds can't be in factions along with there allied faction guild. If they are going to be out there pvping, doing champs along with there allied faction guild. the only difference would be going into stat loss. They get killed so big deal walk it off for 20 minutes. :p. and the non pvp characters you have you dont take out to pvp so need to worry about them getting killed unless you plan on taking a mule out there.
You apparently have made the common mistake of thinking the world revolves around you. It does not. Factions are a consentual pvp system that revolves around controlling the towns with faction characters. That means you can be blue and attack another blue who appears orange to you because you are in opposing factions. You can do this in guard zones and inside the faction bases to avoid conflict with non factioners. It has no connection to champ spawns. Champ spawns are a non-consentual pvp system that revolves around champ spawns and power scrolls. It is meant to be a free for all where anyone can kill anyone else without limit. If you wish to attend champ spawns and feel you are unfairly advantaged on faction characters dont bring them.

M

Malador

no Mal it wont affect me,and it never will I dont need the points or the items to have fun.
Oh good for you but again the world does not revolve around you. There are tons of people who will be suitless. Also are you sure none of your guild mates are affected either. I Hope you brought enough for everyone.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmalbador only defends it beacause his guild uses the bug

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Many have. Infact, the alliance I was involved in fixed it. There are honest players put there.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh good for you but again the world does not revolve around you. There are tons of people who will be suitless. Also are you sure none of your guild mates are affected either. I Hope you brought enough for everyone.
OMG!!!! that can't be true Mal I have solid proof the world does revolve around me, when I go to close my eyes and go bed at night. nothing exsists til I wake up in the morning making the world revolve around me.

M

Malador

I have not once defended it. Much like methods used to gain excessive speed it is against the rules. My only claim or argument is that it is not affecting anyone and that Lady Michelle is whining about it when she should be more concerned about numerous other issues.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have not once defended it. Much like methods used to gain excessive speed it is against the rules. My only claim or argument is that it is not affecting anyone and that Lady Michelle is whining about it when she should be more concerned about numerous other issues.
You defend it by being in guilds that do it actions speak louder than words.
and yes Mal I know there is more greater issues that need to be addressed. My point is everyone knows its a bug Draconi said it is, gave everyone notice to drop it before they have to. and you would think after hearing that you would drop it or at least put your non faction guilds in factions. Since it is a bug and if they have to drop the guilds they can ban if they want to.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could care less what they do with alliances. Ive said it before in other places that factions as a whole is flawed big time just like many other aspects of uo pvp right now. I dont see faction players complaining about the fact they always have thier safespots by simply running into a base so they can unflag from non factioners. Its Fel for crying out loud, everyone should be attackable everywhere in Fel. If its consentual pvp factioners are crying about perhaps it should be moved to Trammel(reds included). How about the horn of retreat or whatever it is that factioners can use to escape from non factioners? I personaly think speedhacks and other cheats as well as complete trash tamer and archer templates accompanied by the cheats and the run at all cost mentality to avoid stat are the things that people should be complaining about but the sad truth is all this crap has just been accepted as is by a large percentage of the playerbase. Is factions allying with non factions bs? Sure, but fixing it is hardly going to save factions or pvp in general. Factions is what it is, an all out cheat and gimpfest where people do anything to gain an advantage no matter how shady they are in the proccess.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hypocrisy of this statement is too much, that's all I can really say.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What exactly is hypocritical about anything I said.
1)Cheating is rampant in pvp, its multiplied in factions. No guild is immune.
2)Factions is a flawed system, it promotes cheating, run at all cost pvp and house fighting
3)Factioners have thier little cheap flaaws in game mechanics to avoid death(faction base hiding)
4)Fixing the ally system isnt going to save factions
5)The only reason people are playing the flawed system is because powerful and easy to aquire items were added. Before the pixel crack was added factioners were few and far between.
6)I personaly dont want stat loss becuse the guy im fighting runs really fast off my screen over and over until either his dice roll goes off or he runs really fast to a bunch of archer tamers or running shot speedhacking archers in which case I wont be able to run off thier screen the same was he has just done repeatedly to me. Lynk dont tell me it doesnt **** you off either because ive seen you go off on a tirade when a gimp force I was with(some really fast) did the same thing to you.
8)As far as the consentual pvp thing goes no faction or non faction group should have advantages such as safe spots thier enemies cannot enter or items more powerful than those that dont want to play the gayness. Move factions to trammel and thier would be no need for factioners to cry as only faction people and people at war would be able to attack or defend faction or at war players. Trammel offers this consentual pvp people in this thread seek.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could care less what they do with alliances. Ive said it before in other places that factions as a whole is flawed big time just like many other aspects of uo pvp right now. I dont see faction players complaining about the fact they always have thier safespots by simply running into a base so they can unflag from non factioners. Its Fel for crying out loud, everyone should be attackable everywhere in Fel. If its consentual pvp factioners are crying about perhaps it should be moved to Trammel(reds included). How about the horn of retreat or whatever it is that factioners can use to escape from non factioners? I personaly think speedhacks and other cheats as well as complete trash tamer and archer templates accompanied by the cheats and the run at all cost mentality to avoid stat are the things that people should be complaining about but the sad truth is all this crap has just been accepted as is by a large percentage of the playerbase. Is factions allying with non factions bs? Sure, but fixing it is hardly going to save factions or pvp in general. Factions is what it is, an all out cheat and gimpfest where people do anything to gain an advantage no matter how shady they are in the proccess.
It doesn't matter what I want or what anyone else wants. It doesnt matter if its being used in fel a bug is a bug. Its already been stated its a bug its going to be fixed weather anyone likes it or not. Draconi has as said so, and gave players enough time to drop it. Seriously what part of this does no one understand.

M

Malador

It doesn't matter what I want or what anyone else wants. It doesnt matter if its being used in fel a bug is a bug. Its already been stated its a bug its going to be fixed weather anyone likes it or not. Draconi has as said so, and gave players enough time to drop it. Seriously what part of this does no one understand.
After all these posts do you really think we do not understand. We understand that as far as broken **** goes this is like the very last thing the dev guys should work on. In fact it is likely this will never be fixed. We understand you have invested yourself in it because you dont really understand pvp or the issues that really need fixing.

G

GL_Seller

My point is everyone knows its a bug Draconi said it is, gave everyone notice to drop it before they have to. and you would think after hearing that you would drop it or at least put your non faction guilds in factions. Since it is a bug and if they have to drop the guilds they can ban if they want to.
I find this extremely funny. You remember a while back when the fires in luna were set they said they have a zero tolerance policy on cheating? What has happened since then? Have the cheaters stopped? Have u been to heartwood recently? Have the speedhackers said oh **** a zero tolerance policy let me turn her down?

The answer is no it has only gotten worse and worse in a HUGE way. Cheaters make up a huge portion of the player base now even after the zero tolerance policy was stated. Just because some dev says its illegal until they take action it doesnt matter. If you dont like it send email after email after email telling them and showing them the fof link see if that helps.

I doubt it will I have asked the same 20 questions for fof for the last 7 months not a single one of them has been answered. Its because they deal with cheating. Face it the devs dont care about cheating...even with there zero tolerance policy.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2)Factions is a flawed system, it promotes cheating, run at all cost pvp and house fighting
3)Factioners have thier little cheap flaaws in game mechanics to avoid death(faction base hiding)
5)The only reason people are playing the flawed system is because powerful and easy to aquire items were added. Before the pixel crack was added factioners were few and far between.
6)I personaly dont want stat loss becuse the guy im fighting runs really fast off my screen over and over until either his dice roll goes off or he runs really fast to a bunch of archer tamers or running shot speedhacking archers in which case I wont be able to run off thier screen the same was he has just done repeatedly to me. Lynk dont tell me it doesnt **** you off either because ive seen you go off on a tirade when a gimp force I was with(some really fast) did the same thing to you.
8)As far as the consentual pvp thing goes no faction or non faction group should have advantages such as safe spots thier enemies cannot enter or items more powerful than those that dont want to play the gayness. Move factions to trammel and thier would be no need for factioners to cry as only faction people and people at war would be able to attack or defend faction or at war players. Trammel offers this consentual pvp people in this thread seek.
I have a lot of respect for you Karl, and I enjoy fighting with you as well as against you.

I can tell you at least one guild is exempt from it, my guild. I'm content PvPing with 3 or 4 people that are good team players and don't cheat, can you say the same thing?

Cheating is rampant in PvP all together, you can't single out factions. I play factions because it's a system that provides the most orange targets. To say that the system sucks and is rampant with cheaters offends me because I play factions, you are practically calling me a cheater.

And ya, I hate it Karl. Complaining and moaning has gotten me nowhere. I've learn to overcome it and stop crying about it. The only time speadhackers **** me off now is when they manage to skip off screen every time my crew casts their 2nd spell.

I'll now respond to your points one by one. Malbador save your breath in quoting me because I've just ignored you.

1.) Cheating is rampant in PvP all together, to single out factions is a bit naive.

2.) PvP promotes cheating, any online game that has competition promotes cheating. People were cheating and house hiding before everyone got into factions. keep in mind I've been in factions way before any of these items came out.

3.) Faction base hiding isn't really an escape, anyone in a faction can chase them in there.

4.) Factions doesn't really need saving, but fixing the faction ally bug will get the wannabes out.

5.) Many people were playing factions before the items. My guild included. We play it to increase the amount of targets and not have everyone run to guard zone for safety. I play factions because we fight with a small team. It's nice to know that when we get a kill on a zerg it's one less person in the fight for 20 minutes. It gives us a chance to actually win as a small team and not allow people to just insta res when fighting 20.

6.) It does bug me, but we've overcome it. Why do you think we play parry mages? So that the speedhacking moving shot archers can't touch us. And if you don't want to go into stat thats fine, you don't have to play factions.

7.) You're delusional if you think faction items really make someone overpowered. Todays UO is an age of item caps. You're telling me that an ornament of the magician with 3 mana regen is the reason you lost a fight? The items are an excellent feature of factions that promotes fighting. It gives the poor people a chance to make a suit without 10 billion gold. If anything I should be complaining, i spent more than I'd like to admit on my pre-faction suit. That suit is sitting in a chest now because I made a better one. This new armor brings PvP closer to how it was before AoS. Everyone can have the same exact gear and the deciding factor of Win vs Loss comes based on skill, not better items.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find this extremely funny. You remember a while back when the fires in luna were set they said they have a zero tolerance policy on cheating? What has happened since then? Have the cheaters stopped? Have u been to heartwood recently? Have the speedhackers said oh **** a zero tolerance policy let me turn her down?

The answer is no it has only gotten worse and worse in a HUGE way. Cheaters make up a huge portion of the player base now even after the zero tolerance policy was stated. Just because some dev says its illegal until they take action it doesnt matter. If you dont like it send email after email after email telling them and showing them the fof link see if that helps.

I doubt it will I have asked the same 20 questions for fof for the last 7 months not a single one of them has been answered. Its because they deal with cheating. Face it the devs dont care about cheating...even with there zero tolerance policy.
It was suppose to be fixed in pub 59. Not sure what happened maybe they are still working on it, or decided to wait til after the expansion. I know for sure that Im glad Im not in a guild that does this. Especially when a warning comes from the man that will burn your house down even if you have rental vendors in it, and if he does decided to mass ban players over it I get the feeling he dont care if you did the bug or not. because players had fair warning to drop it or even pull their characters out of guild alliances like this. Of course alot of players are not aware of this because they don't read the boards. Hopefully the Gms of these guilds let all their guild mates know what they are doing is a bug, and that one day it might lead to them getting banned so these players can decided if its worth staying in the guild or not.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After all these posts do you really think we do not understand. We understand that as far as broken **** goes this is like the very last thing the dev guys should work on. In fact it is likely this will never be fixed. We understand you have invested yourself in it because you dont really understand pvp or the issues that really need fixing.
Has nothing to do with me understanding pvp or not. Why should it be one of the last things that they should work on? I see it this way one less thing they will have to work on.

S

Speed_Racer

XD, *DC and BC allied? Oh my how Great Lakes has gone to **** since I stopped playing actively.
You and the 100k other people that quit. Atleast there is pvp at all on GL.

S

Speed_Racer

Has nothing to do with me understanding pvp or not. Why should it be one of the last things that they should work on? I see it this way one less thing they will have to work on.
Seriously who cares?
If they could get this game back on the shelves of stores, maybe there would actually be a reason to update clients. The only people that still play this game are the people that whine, and the people that exploit. Everyone else moved on to other games years ago. After 70% of the people quit this game they finally get around to stop people from cheating. Seriously what do you expect?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes this needs to be fixed now. It really affects my gameplay; some people may want to pvp in factions but all the alliances are really affecting how I like to play. I prefer to stay hidden on my thief in TB base and stealth around looking for other thieves who will try to steal our sigils; and since I have no life, any person I see run by me I look up on uo.com and see what guild they are in. Since I have to be looking up all these blues who aren't really in factions it interupts me eating my cheetos and donuts and drinking my 2 liter of diet coke while I stare at my screen all day. I'm not trying to be a crybaby here but thats just how im feeling.
What I love about posts like this is that they are an admission of defeat. I can't catch the TB thieves, so I have to make fun on a message board. This post has been up for a couple of days, but it's still funny, and I'm not sure it'll ever get old.

If you just want to fight on the open field, there's options besides Factions. To be in Factions, you subject yourselves to not just field fighting, but stronghold fighting, PvMing for Silver, and sigil stealing. Watcher's Faction thieves are among the best there are, and if you want to actually win Factions, getting better is the answer. Making fun on a message board won't help you get better.

As to the alliance issue itself....Remember, I used to support such alliances. I was very naive and had no conception of how people would come to use it for a cheap field advantage. There's nothing stopping random non-Faction players from helping out or otherwise interfering in a Faction fight. In fact that's part of what Felucca is about. (Random interference.) I laugh at people who used to threaten to page on me on LS for killing random reds at Faction fights.

But the point is that you should run certain risks in taking this action, because if you're not in Factions. This isn't really your fight.

One of the lesser-known stories of Sir Lancelot involves him interfering in a fight that wasn't his, just because he wanted a fight that day, and he found himself paying a very high price. If it was good enough for Sir Lancelot, it's good enough for our characters.

Interfere all you want. I know I'm going to. Not being allied is just added risk. At the Crimson Dragon fight the other night, I was attacking an SL red, and found myself under attack from a TB red as well, despite the fact that on paper I was on his side.

-Galen's player

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a lot of respect for you Karl, and I enjoy fighting with you as well as against you.

I can tell you at least one guild is exempt from it, my guild. I'm content PvPing with 3 or 4 people that are good team players and don't cheat, can you say the same thing?

Cheating is rampant in PvP all together, you can't single out factions. I play factions because it's a system that provides the most orange targets. To say that the system sucks and is rampant with cheaters offends me because I play factions, you are practically calling me a cheater.

And ya, I hate it Karl. Complaining and moaning has gotten me nowhere. I've learn to overcome it and stop crying about it. The only time speadhackers **** me off now is when they manage to skip off screen every time my crew casts their 2nd spell.

I'll now respond to your points one by one. Malbador save your breath in quoting me because I've just ignored you.

1.) Cheating is rampant in PvP all together, to single out factions is a bit naive.

2.) PvP promotes cheating, any online game that has competition promotes cheating. People were cheating and house hiding before everyone got into factions. keep in mind I've been in factions way before any of these items came out.

3.) Faction base hiding isn't really an escape, anyone in a faction can chase them in there.

4.) Factions doesn't really need saving, but fixing the faction ally bug will get the wannabes out.

5.) Many people were playing factions before the items. My guild included. We play it to increase the amount of targets and not have everyone run to guard zone for safety. I play factions because we fight with a small team. It's nice to know that when we get a kill on a zerg it's one less person in the fight for 20 minutes. It gives us a chance to actually win as a small team and not allow people to just insta res when fighting 20.

6.) It does bug me, but we've overcome it. Why do you think we play parry mages? So that the speedhacking moving shot archers can't touch us. And if you don't want to go into stat thats fine, you don't have to play factions.

7.) You're delusional if you think faction items really make someone overpowered. Todays UO is an age of item caps. You're telling me that an ornament of the magician with 3 mana regen is the reason you lost a fight? The items are an excellent feature of factions that promotes fighting. It gives the poor people a chance to make a suit without 10 billion gold. If anything I should be complaining, i spent more than I'd like to admit on my pre-faction suit. That suit is sitting in a chest now because I made a better one. This new armor brings PvP closer to how it was before AoS. Everyone can have the same exact gear and the deciding factor of Win vs Loss comes based on skill, not better items.
Great post Lynk. I completely agree! Isn't that funny?

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait.... was someone making fun of TB stealthers/thieves? Darn I was too busy eating my cheetos and drinking my diet coke again... I am sure since we are so pathetic "they" will find, catch and kill us before we can control the towns for the .... how many months now? Oh wait, they can't!

Oh heck, pass the Doritos and regular Coke ... I need some of the strong stuff to soothe my bruised feelings...

M

Malador

LMAO, you are hilarious. Yes let us prioritize. At the top of the list let us fix the broken code that is not affecting anyone except Lady Michelle. After we take care of that we can work on the stuff affected everyone else.

M

Malador

Awe, isnt that nice?

No guild is exempt including yours.

Get over it the system does suck and it is rampant with cheaters whoes only reason for being in factions is for cheap over powered armor.

Excel spreadsheets anyone.

Good that means I get to respond to your ludicriss post without a rebuttal.

Factions is saturated with cheaters because of the obvious advantage the armor provides.

Is this part of your point cause I dont get how these statements fit in.

Faction bases were designed for faction pvp so that non factioners could not interfere. At the same time they were meant for a factioner "to chase them in there".

WTF does this stupid ass point mean?

Nonsense. Almost no one was playing faction characters before the over powered faction items and your guild barely existed before over powerer faction items. You had like 3 active members.

DUH. You also play them so any moving shot archer or any dexer cannot hit you. Speed hacks really do not have anything to do with it. take parry off your mage and my archer will own him in 3-4 shots without fail.

Oh and if you dont want to be interfered with you dont have to play in non faction areas.

You are in denial if you think faction items used to build a suit do not cause over powered characters and yes speaking of and orny 3 extra mana regen is an awesome advantage. A maxed out faction suit far exceeds the possible mods on a maxed out non faction suit. Ofcourse this means faction items are over powered and only a you would try to argue otherwise.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LMAO, you are hilarious. Yes let us prioritize. At the top of the list let us fix the broken code that is not affecting anyone except Lady Michelle. After we take care of that we can work on the stuff affected everyone else.
You sure got that right its all about me. the world revolves around me. Even ea, and the dev see that its all about me. That is why they have a fix for it or they are working on it before I even posted this thread.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nonsense. Almost no one was playing faction characters before the over powered faction items and your guild barely existed before over powerer faction items. You had like 3 active members.
Actually, faction battles were on a much larger scale BEFORE the items and various changes.

RiD has always had some activity, sometimes in large numbers, for the last 4 years in factions. When 2.0 first broke away, they held about as many active members as they do now. The only difference was they actually defended bases and crap. Heh.

TB has always had 20 active members in it, and that was during the inactive times!

Kdl, MPX, SC, Ktsl, C*P, O1-, RiD, :O:, BoA, and the various alternate tags these guilds sported were all quite large and active before arties. Hell, I think SO? at one point even managed to field some decent numbers before the arties. I probably only listed about half the guilds that had moments of large activity. Someone feel free to fill in the gaps.

At one point almost the entirety of XV and BC (when they were both much larger) were in factions fighting each other.

Fact is, factions have always been active on GL. Always. But we used to fight in the towns, not Yew gate. I know this, because I've been playing factions here since day 1. Where were you to be making statements about it? Aldo, right? Think I saw him once a year or something.

R

RichDC

Fact is, factions have always been active on GL. Always. But we used to fight in the towns, not Yew gate. I know this, because I've been playing factions here since day 1. Where were you to be making statements about it? Aldo, right? Think I saw him once a year or something.
Some of us still go looking for faction fights in the towns...usually brit is my first port of call ebvery day, but once you guys corrupt i never see you :(

I enjoy fighting you guys win or lose!Did annoy me the other day when i thought i was getting a decent 1v1 with an archer for him to **** of and pull his dreadmare...not good play!

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep dreaming. BC has never had a huge guild in factions. It was always like 5-10 people that played in them. Thats a huge stretch from the entirety of BC.

Factions is flawed beyond belief with way to avoid death(death boxes), bases(which your thieves know how to exploit quite well, ya i know efielding yourself to bounce up a lvl is skill) and the ability to send a crap thief in time after time after time after time dieing over and over then making it through only to put on skill items to steal a sigil. Thats not skill. Factions should be a hard cap statloss not one you can put different items on and go about your business. That includes all the tamers you seem to use as well. Imagine killing a tamer then them not being able to say all kill for 20 minutes...

If they ever do this I'd love to see how many of your so called skilled thieves make it in first try. Everytime we stole sigils for a fight it was fun for about 2 fights and then you would just send in the thieves over and over again.

R

RichDC

Factions should be a hard cap statloss not one you can put different items on and go about your business. That includes all the tamers you seem to use as well. Imagine killing a tamer then them not being able to say all kill for 20 minutes...
Imagine killing an archer and them not being able to dismount/moving shot/conc blow/whatever other secondary abilities are!

At the moment they just lose a bit of DI.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you let a thief in stat get to your sigs, than you just suck at defending.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG!!!! that can't be true Mal I have solid proof the world does revolve around me, when I go to close my eyes and go bed at night. nothing exsists til I wake up in the morning making the world revolve around me.
LOL to funny chelle, mal give it up, you won't beat her!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you let a thief in stat get to your sigs, than you just suck at defending.
I did this to TB not to long ago. All I did was run straight in and out chugging refresh. Lore chased me all the way to my house. lol

M

Malador

Actually, faction battles were on a much larger scale BEFORE the items and various changes.

RiD has always had some activity, sometimes in large numbers, for the last 4 years in factions. When 2.0 first broke away, they held about as many active members as they do now. The only difference was they actually defended bases and crap. Heh.

TB has always had 20 active members in it, and that was during the inactive times!

Kdl, MPX, SC, Ktsl, C*P, O1-, RiD, :O:, BoA, and the various alternate tags these guilds sported were all quite large and active before arties. Hell, I think SO? at one point even managed to field some decent numbers before the arties. I probably only listed about half the guilds that had moments of large activity. Someone feel free to fill in the gaps.

At one point almost the entirety of XV and BC (when they were both much larger) were in factions fighting each other.

Sorry dude you are all mixed up. Factions are way more populated than they have been in years.

RID has never been greatly active in factions other than as a means to freely attack other players without consequence.

2.0 had three active members for a long time and they spent thier time stealthing around trying to gank people in yew.

TB has a lot more active members than that they just are not stealing, guarding and controlling. They are fighting at yew gate and surrounding areas.

Nonsense. Before arties you could run around the faction bases and see no one. You could steal the sigals by yourself and corrupt them without anyone bothering you. I did it several times.

Neither BC or XV have ever been big in factions. Sure they had faction characters but they fought in yew not over sigals.

The fact is most people, myself included, got bored with factions, for the sake of factions, years ago and except for a small number of die hards like you, only join them now so they can expanded thier target selection and get almost free uber items.

I have three faction characters but you probably dont see aldo because he is only in factions for those times when we need to put our oponents in stat.

M

Malador

I beat her without even responding. The issue has not been fixed even though there have been several major patches since it was mentioned. It will probably never been fixed given the petty harmless nature of it.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I beat her without even responding. The issue has not been fixed even though there have been several major patches since it was mentioned. It will probably never been fixed given the petty harmless nature of it.
LOL Mal just because there has been several major patches doesn't mean its not going to happen. Maybe they put it on hold til after the expansion, and new client is out of beta. I know the perfect fix for this.
If your a non faction guild allied to a faction guild. The non faction guild will automaticly be put into the same faction their allied faction guild is in, and the players who have characters in another faction will be booted out. :thumbup: YAY ME !!!!

S

Saleena

Sorry dude you are all mixed up. Factions are way more populated than they have been in years.

RID has never been greatly active in factions other than as a means to freely attack other players without consequence.

2.0 had three active members for a long time and they spent thier time stealthing around trying to gank people in yew.

TB has a lot more active members than that they just are not stealing, guarding and controlling. They are fighting at yew gate and surrounding areas.

Nonsense. Before arties you could run around the faction bases and see no one. You could steal the sigals by yourself and corrupt them without anyone bothering you. I did it several times.

Neither BC or XV have ever been big in factions. Sure they had faction characters but they fought in yew not over sigals.

The fact is most people, myself included, got bored with factions, for the sake of factions, years ago and except for a small number of die hards like you, only join them now so they can expanded thier target selection and get almost free uber items.

I have three faction characters but you probably dont see aldo because he is only in factions for those times when we need to put our oponents in stat.
Factions are more populated now, but the majorty of the population are people who are abusing the system so they can use the faction arties in tram...as far as before the arties and bases being empty your wrong...Before the arties all factions were about were the sigs. Everytime the sigs came up guilds were setting up for defences and raids. These were the fun factioning days:thumbup:

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, I find its easier to corrupt the sigs without defending now than it was pre-Arties. Ask any active member of TB. We've corrupted all 8 sigs basically every round since the beginning of the 4-hour timer, and Id say only 5% of the time (if that) we actually defended. An immeasurable fraction of that 5% could actually be considered a "serious" defense.

In fact, since the arties we've been throwing thieves in other factions just to steal the sigs from ourselves, to keep them from going inactive! Lol.

S

Saleena

Actually, I find its easier to corrupt the sigs without defending now than it was pre-Arties. Ask any active member of TB. We've corrupted all 8 sigs basically every round since the beginning of the 4-hour timer, and Id say only 5% of the time (if that) we actually defended. An immeasurable fraction of that 5% could actually be considered a "serious" defense.

In fact, since the arties we've been throwing thieves in other factions just to steal the sigs from ourselves, to keep them from going inactive! Lol.
Well before the arties you had the people that were in factions for factions...Now you just have a bunch of people who want the extra bonus from the arties, that just want to pvp or the people that want the arties for tram purposes. We stopped guarding sigs when we couldn't get a good fight out of it. THe only thing that would ever happen would TB would come in sit in their house at the end of the base and randomly try to send in thieves, I can't recall when they have ever put up a really good raid its like they are affraid of dying...When its fun is when you get the nice big push and it turns into a big battle..you die go into to stats you still come and help try to push..but then again thats pretty much all pre arties..Like someone said they should make it so you at least have to hold one town to be able to wear the arties...then i think you would see alot more base defences and raids. No one guards right now because you can't get a good fight out of it.

M

Malador

LOL Mal just because there has been several major patches doesn't mean its not going to happen. Maybe they put it on hold til after the expansion, and new client is out of beta. I know the perfect fix for this.
If your a non faction guild allied to a faction guild. The non faction guild will automaticly be put into the same faction their allied faction guild is in, and the players who have characters in another faction will be booted out. :thumbup: YAY ME !!!!
You cannot have characters on the same account in two different factions.

M

Malador

Factions are more populated now, but the majorty of the population are people who are abusing the system so they can use the faction arties in tram...

Hmm seems like I said something similar to this about 50 posts back. Not just in tram but all the gank squads in yew that never participate in anything faction related.

as far as before the arties and bases being empty your wrong...Before the arties all factions were about were the sigs. Everytime the sigs came up guilds were setting up for defences and raids. These were the fun factioning days:thumbup:
Nonsense, factions were a ghost town before the arties.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You cannot have characters on the same account in two different factions.
um that is why I said the players who have characters in another faction will be booted out. if they automaticly, had non factions guilds that were allied to faction guilds automaticly put into factions. Kicking any of your non faction characters out of the non faction guild if your in another faction.

S

Saleena

Hmm seems like I said something similar to this about 50 posts back. Not just in tram but all the gank squads in yew that never participate in anything faction related.

Nonsense, factions were a ghost town before the arties.
Just because there wasn't many people hugging yew gate doesn't mean there wasn't anything going on in faction towns..As far as guarding and raiding there was much more or it pre artie.

M

Malador

um that is why I said the players who have characters in another faction will be booted out. if they automaticly, had non factions guilds that were allied to faction guilds automaticly put into factions. Kicking any of your non faction characters out of the non faction guild if your in another faction.
That is a condition that could not exist in the first place.

M

Malador

Just because there wasn't many people hugging yew gate doesn't mean there wasn't anything going on in faction towns..As far as guarding and raiding there was much more or it pre artie.
I have had a faction thief for years and factions as a pvp system have been dead for years. They only became popular as a means to aquire awesome items recently but as a pvp system they are dead.

I

Insta

I have had a faction thief for years and factions as a pvp system have been dead for years. They only became popular as a means to aquire awesome items recently but as a pvp system they are dead.
That's funny, becuase I remember many faction fights that I was involved in before all these super duper goodies came out. Even almost on a daily basis, and expecally on the weekends.

I actually even remember seeing a post from this guy on Atlantic trying to get people and guilds to transfer characters over there to have a big faction tournement at one point. Then some of the people on the atlantic boards were upset because Greatlakes had more faction action than Atlantic did at the time.

Yes, I added a few of my other characters to factions after the artifacts came out. It would be silly not to when I've never had the best gear, and had a chance to make my suit as good as most of the others out there for cheap.

None the less, factions have pretty much been always at least semi active on Great Lakes, if not very active. Expecally when compared to other shards. I know I have been very active in them since I have been off of dialup internet.

Now it's off to the Mexican resturant to :pint: , eat and watch a little bit of my Titans play football. Peace

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is a condition that could not exist in the first place.
Unless they made it exist which if they wanted it to they could.

M

Malador

Are you really this dense. The condition you are complaining about does not exist. To my knowledge it is impossible to have characters from the same account in two different factions. Are you saying they need to fix an issue that does not even exist?

M

Malador

That's funny, becuase I remember many faction fights that I was involved in before all these super duper goodies came out. Even almost on a daily basis, and expecally on the weekends.

I actually even remember seeing a post from this guy on Atlantic trying to get people and guilds to transfer characters over there to have a big faction tournement at one point. Then some of the people on the atlantic boards were upset because Greatlakes had more faction action than Atlantic did at the time.

Yes, I added a few of my other characters to factions after the artifacts came out. It would be silly not to when I've never had the best gear, and had a chance to make my suit as good as most of the others out there for cheap.

None the less, factions have pretty much been always at least semi active on Great Lakes, if not very active. Expecally when compared to other shards. I know I have been very active in them since I have been off of dialup internet.

Now it's off to the Mexican resturant to :pint: , eat and watch a little bit of my Titans play football. Peace
And I remember when Brit would be filled with factioners fighting but that was years and years ago. For the last couple it has been hard to find another factioner around the sigals.

Oh and you are not the exception. Lots of people put a couple in factions to get cool **** when it came out. Hence the reason I am saying factions have not been so populated in years. The thing is most of those people who put a few in factions are not fighting over sigals.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you really this dense. The condition you are complaining about does not exist. To my knowledge it is impossible to have characters from the same account in two different factions. Are you saying they need to fix an issue that does not even exist?
I dont seem to be the one who is dense here. I know you can not be in a different faction on the same account. but you can be in a non faction guild on other characters that are not in a faction. and have the non faction guild allied with a faction guild that your faction characters are not in. So if I'm in TB, and I have characters in a non faction guild that is allied to a faction guild in COM. and that is why they should automaticly put non faction guilds into factions once they are allied to a faction guild. My non faction guild who is allied to a faction guild in COM, would automaticly be put into COM,Which would mean because I'm already in TB. I would be kicked out of my non faction guild because I cant be in 2 different factions on the same account, because the non faction guild I'm in was made to automaticly go COM.