• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*This IS NOT a cry thread*

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sakie used all the best gear available, he can correct me if I am wrong..and dude honestly I don't think many mages are using the blessed book. I see mostly mage weapons or a shield in one hand. You act like that book is a 56 damage firebreath or something yeesh..
It's funny you should bring that up cuz it too is yet another crutch for mages, they get a weapon with say scnp -20 mage weapon then grab a superman suit that retrives them their 20 mage points giving them 120 magery again. So the end result is now they mages have all their skills plus an addtional weapon skill giving them a total of 840 skill points opposed to the warrior's 720 skill points. Still say mages have it so tough huh? The only thing that mages have tough is the decision of either choosing an additional blessed item with mods or an addtional 120 skill points. i agree with you...that is a very tough choice to make!
That's the most ridiculous argument I keep reading on these forums.

Before Age of ****, mages had 5 mage skills and 2... read it! TWO support skills.

And another thing, warriors don't NEED all the skills at 120 like a mage does. I can PvP with 55 chivalry, 75stealth, 90tactics, 80healing and so on. There's your missing skill points in the name of balance.

Nobody bitched when it was staffs of magi personally blessed. You're argument is 7 YEARS TOO LATE.

Thanks.

Bye.

O

Ole Cheapy

A pair huh? The things that excite you I've already done 9 years ago...so what Im suppose to spend 9 years in a game trying to convince everyone i'm the best dueler? I have found my new niche and i enjoy it very much, i've done more pvping in my past than most will ever do and when and only when i see fit to run a straight "dueler' char again, then at that time I shall, but i will be doing it cuz its what i consider fun at that time, not to impress a loud mouth that calls himself (literally) BoBo.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe there is a slight edge leaning toward melee for the time being and maybe its not, but this has always been the case since the beginning of UO. Some template always have had and edge and always will, you just have to wait til your turn comes up and go with the flow. But it doesn't mean to give the template that's currently less fortunate an additional blessed item with ridiculous mods (not a modless ninja belt that you can have thousands stacked in your house)
I call BS.

Here's my proof:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020608235310/spawn.dod.net/killerbees/article.php?sid=9

Updated Ladder Rankings, 2/12/02
Posted on Saturday, February 02 @ 10:23:46 PST by

Here's the updated list for the ladder rankings. Now tracking top 30 pvpers. 1 Just knocked off the ladder. Do or Die time for Geo Sith at Rung 30.

Babu – Mage
Snap - Mage
NoButWait – Mage
Link – Mage
Garrett – Mage
Black Rain – Dexer
Jay – Mage
Plague – Med/Dexer
Oak – Mage
Loki
Apollo - Mage
Jordan - dexer
Draxous – Mage
McKenna – Mage
Bill Nye - Mage
Jack – Mage
Skippy - dexer
Chrisbow – Mage
Urza – Mage
Xylene – Mage
Real American
Potsie – Mage
Oz – Mage
Skiffleshanks – Dexer
Klein – Mage
Cupilix – Mage
Elvis Presley - Mage
Fogerty – Mage
Hoi – Mage
Geo Sith – Mage
This is a snapshot of the PvP ladder standings for the Atlantic shard more than 7 years ago.

Notice the bold? Notice my ranking? Notice I'm higher on my dexer than on my mage?

Dexers have *always* been powerful and easy as hell to play. The majority of UOs PvPers are actually... mediocre. How do you compensate? You make the class easier to play. Do you think double clicking an object is hard? Why do you think something that doesn't take as much effort should yield the same rewards? rofl.

Now notice who's at the top. The best is the hardest class to play... Why? Because the hardest class to play should have the most potential.

Thanks.

O

Ole Cheapy

what weapon skill would that be, purely defensive? he can be disarmed to having none at all..making your life easy.
How do you call mages running around slapping people with leaf blades and krysses defensive?

O

Ole Cheapy

I call BS.

Here's my proof:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020608235310/spawn.dod.net/killerbees/article.php?sid=9

This is a snapshot of the PvP ladder standings for the Atlantic shard more than 7 years ago.

Notice the bold? Notice my ranking? Notice I'm higher on my dexer than on my mage?

Dexers have *always* been powerful and easy as hell to play. The majority of UOs PvPers are actually... mediocre. How do you compensate? You make the class easier to play. Do you think double clicking an object is hard? Why do you think something that doesn't take as much effort should yield the same rewards? rofl.

Now notice who's at the top. The best is the hardest class to play... Why? Because the hardest class to play should have the most potential.

Thanks.
Stop being silly, your so called 30 top pvpers, 23 of them happen to be mages. Doesn't that refute your bs?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The majority of UOs PvPers are actually... mediocre.
Stop being silly, your so called 30 top pvpers, 22 of them happen to be mages. Doesn't that refute your bs?
The majority of UOs PvPers are actually... dexers.

:thumbsup:

EDIT: a lot of mages had and have nothing but different classes of mages on their accounts because playing a dexer just isn't enough of a challenge to them.

B

Black magick

*cry cry cry*
Damn, even sweeney is on your case cheapy. Tell ya what, I'll give ya one of those "elite" spell books or a scnp mage wep, you pwn the shard since its so "easy." If you should fail you give me 5 mil, if you succeed I'll give you 5 mil. Sound good? Should be a real good deal for you.

O

Ole Cheapy

Damn, even sweeney is on your case cheapy. Tell ya what, I'll give ya one of those "elite" spell books or a scnp mage wep, you pwn the shard since its so "easy." If you should fail you give me 5 mil, if you succeed I'll give you 5 mil. Sound good? Should be a real good deal for you.
1. I suck as a mage

2. The reason i dont jump deep in pvp duel is because I dont wanna pay to reactivate Darkness (u guys could do nothing with him, period).

3. I aint going through ROT ever again after I'm done with the char im building now.

B

Black magick

#1. Then being a mage isn't quite so easy.
#2. Try us :)
#3. I'm with ya on that one heh.

enigma eb2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why on gods earth do you think unblessing a spell book matters?? I know i haven't cared what book someone is holding in so long that I am not sure if you can or can not just disarm them any more? And even if not still who cares?? If you really want to make a difference , remove the damn pet bonding!! :) Or more over remove the super dragons. Without a super dragon everyone dies to Coyote Jack.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rock > Paper > Scissors > Rock

(Wulf) > (Bard > Tamer+Pets > PvPer > Bard)

W

Wiffle Dust

man do you know how much of a pain in the ass it would be to get a tamer to time to get me a llama every time i get pk'd?? jus come to grips. bonding is here forever. proto wouldnt allow bonding to go away just because 15 people on the red headed step-shard dont like it.its here for good. i like my wiffle dust, and no i dont want an ethie. thanks to sha' of tnt for all the res.

Aislin*SP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny you should bring that up cuz it too is yet another crutch for mages, they get a weapon with say scnp -20 mage weapon then grab a superman suit that retrives them their 20 mage points giving them 120 magery again. So the end result is now they mages have all their skills plus an addtional weapon skill giving them a total of 840 skill points opposed to the warrior's 720 skill points. Still say mages have it so tough huh? The only thing that mages have tough is the decision of either choosing an additional blessed item with mods or an addtional 120 skill points. i agree with you...that is a very tough choice to make!
And any warrior can carry a weapon with spell-casting mods without having any magery skills, too. Seems pretty balanced to me, in terms of skill points.

red headed step-shard
The funniest thing I've heard all day... Thanks Disco!

-- Aislin

"I don't PvP - I PvFlee"

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why on gods earth do you think unblessing a spell book matters?? I know i haven't cared what book someone is holding in so long that I am not sure if you can or can not just disarm them any more? And even if not still who cares?? If you really want to make a difference , remove the damn pet bonding!! :) Or more over remove the super dragons. Without a super dragon everyone dies to Coyote Jack.
Yes they can be disarmed and if you are not paying attetion can find yourself casting at 2/4 vs a capped swing speed dexer very quickly.

W

Wiffle Dust

Join factions, ride a war horse.

Res them with no vet.
as i said. i love my wiffle dust. not everyone on siege wants to join faction. im just a bard.ill just end up dieing in a champ spawn with none of my friends able to res me. or get mawled while bs hunting and have to stop for 20 mins cus someone couldnt control their bloodlust. only appealing thing about faction to me is a siege blessed aof. yummy. as for faction war horse. their the proverbial jolapi mount of sosaria to me. (if my spelling suks i know.im on a phone and dont spellcheck to avoid those grammer checks =P)

W

Wiffle Dust

jus tuck those dreams of taking away pet bonding with santa, the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why should warriors be so special? The same system that was applied to spell casters should of been applied to dexers. :dunce:
Aye... the propsed change in casting speed and recovery times would not be the only changes.

Dexxers would get SSI inherited from invested points, and not from item properites at all. Maybe the swing speed should be tied to the users backpack weight and sleeves weight too. Wearing heavy sleeves of iron will slow you down, as will a heavy backpack of loot or lumber or ore.

It has come to the point where a 2nd tier of skills for specialization is required. You still get your 720 for main skills, but 2nd tier will give you an additional 400 or 500 points for special mods such as GM HCI, GM DCI, GM Slashing, GM Crushing Blow, etc...

Crafters could specialize too, and have bonuses to their skills. A GM Fletcher for example could also be GM in Crossbows, and get runic like bonuses without using a runic tool.

These skills cannot be put on a soulstone.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BR hit it on the head. Give a mage an orny, then give a dexer a bok bok with HLD, SSI, Lightning, I know who is winning.

O

Ole Cheapy

BR hit it on the head. Give a mage an orny, then give a dexer a bok bok with HLD, SSI, Lightning, I know who is winning.
What difference does your or BR opinion make? The rules state that everyone gets ONE bless item. Period. The modded spell books being blessed are wrong, plain and simple. You dont see a shard full of spellweavers but that doesn't mean to give the ones we do have bless items with mods on them now does it?

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cheapo you are right they dont belong on siege. What everyone else is saying is that the devs time could be better spent on more pressing issues for siege. But since you seem to want to press this issue, why are you not going after all the blessed items? You should go after ninja belts, those spell books, tames, and anything else that is blessed that shouldnt be. Instead of singling out 1 item why not get them all unblessed.

S

Sweeney

Bo hit it right. Ninja belts, spell books, faction runes, bonded pets.. Siege has many issues no dev will ever look at until we get a Siege-lover. Oops forgot faction-named items.

B

Black magick

200 luck tunic?? armor of fortune? or tunic watever.
Yea, I got that. But what does that have to do with factions? @ Cheapy, Siege was never bless one item and that's it. You siege bless one item. Did you know that sdi is capped in pvp? Have you yet realized that most people don't run the books because they aren't worth it? I agree with Bo, why aren't you crying about anything else?

B

Black magick

Dexxers would get SSI inherited from invested points, and not from item properites at all. Maybe the swing speed should be tied to the users backpack weight and sleeves weight too. Wearing heavy sleeves of iron will slow you down, as will a heavy backpack of loot or lumber or ore.
Double post but i don't feel like learning how to multi-quote... The ssi thing used to be in place (not the backpack thing, the armor) they really need to re-evaluate the armor system...

O

Ole Cheapy

Yea, I got that. But what does that have to do with factions? @ Cheapy, Siege was never bless one item and that's it. You siege bless one item. Did you know that sdi is capped in pvp? Have you yet realized that most people don't run the books because they aren't worth it? I agree with Bo, why aren't you crying about anything else?
I think faction arties also need to go but it's the principle when it comes to the spell book...the book itself dont bother me, its the blessing that pisses me off.

W

Wiffle Dust

what about blessed cloth?? man do i want those blessed skirts cloaks and shoes to go!!! they give such an unfair advantage of covering my naked ass as i lay dead. i want the world to see my paisty white buttcheaks as they loot my stuff. good god.

O

Ole Cheapy

You know you guys keep talki ng about blessed ninja belts and whatnot but...

1. ninja belts are a clothing material with no mods so cbd is able to bless them.

2. It's not the ninja belt that is valuable its the poison start (or whatever) that are loaded into the belt, so if anything the devs just need to make to poison starts lootable upon death but no reason to make the belt itself unblessable because it's only a piece of cloth with no mods on it...totally within the code and intention of the devs.

So yes i agree make the poison darts lootable or fall out of the belt upon death...im kool with that!

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think faction arties also need to go but it's the principle when it comes to the spell book...the book itself dont bother me, its the blessing that pisses me off.
Blessed cloth hats give us what, 47 resists? Why don't they go?