• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*This IS NOT a cry thread*

O

Ole Cheapy

But why is it a tmer can have lets say... a blessed orny (siege bless), a blessed spellbook with sick stats, and a blessed Greater Dragon and a warrior only gets to bless one wep that usually takes 20 swings to hit anyone with all the faction armor going around. In conclusion.......

BLESSED SPELL BOOKS NEED TO GO!

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We were told they would be removed. . .they weren't. I don't know what to say. They shouldn't be here.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All my tamer has is a blessed spellbook... and that's my Siege Bless mind you... And how does one bless a greater dragon? If you're referring to bonding... if it dies, the tamer still has to reveal to rez it, creating a perfect few seconds to hit without a pet to protect them...

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why can one weapon:

Para someone
Feint someone
Death Strike someone
And do 35 damage in 1.25 multiple times in a row for almost no mana cost?

And with that same weapon, hide a key and evade 100 damage from a mage instantly. Or better yet, use tracking and kill a mage in literally 2 shots?

UO doesn't make sense, that's why.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

you cant count pets as blessed...

they are part of our skill. the same way that your ninja spell book, or your bushido spellbook, is part of your skill. without it, the skill is useless.

that being said, it would be a neat addition if pets were all nerfed, and then required to wear gear to reach their full potential. This would make tamers less all kill no skill, as we would have to keep our pets up to par in order for them to be usefull.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

they are part of our skill. the same way that your ninja spell book, or your bushido spellbook, is part of your skill. without it, the skill is useless.

that being said, it would be a neat addition if pets were all nerfed, and then required to wear gear to reach their full potential. This would make tamers less all kill no skill, as we would have to keep our pets up to par in order for them to be usefull.
I ALWAYS thought it would be cool to make tamers specialize in something such as:

Feline
Reptilian
Canine

Etc

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are (non-siege) blessed spellbooks with bonuses?

Are they still being made?

How many people run with them?

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There are Blessed Spell Books that came from an event earlier in the year. I am thinking these are the ones that Cheapsuit is refering to. Some of them have very nice mods.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, the blessed spell book alows pure, nonfaction mages to be somewhat competitive without alot of cost outlay. I think they area good thing, but then I think mage casting rates never should have been tied into items. imo it should be a benefit of having the mage skill +eval +med skills and a penalty enforced to those who use the skill as an auxillary rather than as a full mage.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I run one with 10dci, fcr 2, 27 sdi, 5 lmc. I bless my faction glasses, round the suit out with some other faction pieces, random 1/2s (enhance pots are my fav), and runic armour.

O

Ole Cheapy

they are part of our skill. the same way that your ninja spell book, or your bushido spellbook, is part of your skill.
I would much rather see tamers with a blessed taming book without mods than a blessed Greater Dragon or rune bettle that can instantly kill people.

If you stop and think about it, a mage/tamer has 3 blessed lethal weapons opposed to a warriors 1 blessed weapon.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, but my amazing weapon that I've been blessed with is only useful against characters of the opposite gender.

*winks at the ladies*

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

I would much rather see tamers with a blessed taming book without mods than a blessed Greater Dragon or rune bettle that can instantly kill people.

If you stop and think about it, a mage/tamer has 3 blessed lethal weapons opposed to a warriors 1 blessed weapon.
mage/tamer = 2 classes your being unfair... 6 skills, as opposed to warriors 3

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But why is it a tmer can have lets say... a blessed orny (siege bless), a blessed spellbook with sick stats, and a blessed Greater Dragon and a warrior only gets to bless one wep that usually takes 20 swings to hit anyone with all the faction armor going around. In conclusion.......

BLESSED SPELL BOOKS NEED TO GO!
When a dexer needs to worry about carrying resources around with him/her in order to damage an opponent. You can pancake about the spellbooks.

Thanks.

Oh and nice job with your epic cry thread. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

D

Duke SP

From what i'm seeing the two most played classes are tamer or bukoto/ninja/warrior.So to me that means their easier or less difficult, so why make mages more extinct?

A

archite666

Seriously siege blessed orny+ blessed spellbook is not as powerful as the HCI, HLD,SSI,fireball weapons you see in the hands of every dexxer.

And thats not being biased. Give them each their own and nothing but GM armor, watch who comes out on top every time.

O

Ole Cheapy

From what i'm seeing the two most played classes are tamer or bukoto/ninja/warrior.So to me that means their easier or less difficult, so why make mages more extinct?
Well no one plays pure warrior templates (Wep skill, parry, tacs, anatomy,healing, and resist) anymore either should we just give them a blessed shield with sick mods on it too?

U

uomlplayer

Well no one plays pure warrior templates (Wep skill, parry, tacs, anatomy,healing, and resist) anymore either should we just give them a blessed shield with sick mods on it too?
I don't get it? what do playing a pure warrior has to do with having 5-6 of the best properties on weapon?

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think mage casting rates never should have been tied into items. imo it should be a benefit of having the mage skill +eval +med skills and a penalty enforced to those who use the skill as an auxillary rather than as a full mage.
I completely agree, sounds great. But if I were the game developer and I read this, I would make a few changes.

I would make faster casting tied to Magery + Med + Eval Int.

Faster recovery would be based on Stamina remaining, if you're too tired, you cant cast again so quickly, though your high intelligence and mastry of the words lets you rattle them off quickly once you get started.

That might make people consider having more than 20 dex, or adding focus to template to keep refreshed... then there is refresh pots.

Great idea. ;)

S

Sweeney

I completely agree, sounds great. But if I were the game developer and I read this, I would make a few changes.

I would make faster casting tied to Magery + Med + Eval Int.

Faster recovery would be based on Stamina remaining, if you're too tired, you cant cast again so quickly, though your high intelligence and mastry of the words lets you rattle them off quickly once you get started.

That might make people consider having more than 20 dex, or adding focus to template to keep refreshed... then there is refresh pots.

Great idea. ;)
Very good idea.. so good in fact that it probably won't happen, it requires too much reworking, and it would get so many complaints. People on UHall are like stubborn gorillas, change something and they go crazy before it's even happened.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id only ever support something along the lines of removing FC/FCR all together from the item properties system.

When they make MAX swing speed REQUIRED to use weapons (much like FC/FCR are REQUIRED for spell casting) we can talk about nerfing this and that.

When I talk about SSI required... I'm talking that a weapon will only ever hit at its base speed IF AND ONLY IF you have 30%SSI on it and no weapon can hit faster than it's base speed... ever.

So if you're running a kryss (which has a 2s base speed) and you don't have 30%SSI as a property on the weapon... it will hit every 2.9s. Now if the weapon has the 30%SSI property... ONLY THEN can it hit at 2s... and if you have 50%SSI, it will never hit faster than 2s.

Which is basically the bull**** they did to mages with AoS and REQUIRING mages have at least 2/4 casting to cast at a normal speed.

Yeah.

O

Ole Cheapy

Because the kid likes to whine about the dumbest shat.
I cant believe that you guys are actually sitting here trying to JUSTIFY having an extra blessed item on Siege Perilous! What happen to all of you that used to actually be siegers??????? You guys have become worst than the trammies!

BR wants to keep his faction armor, and now he wants to keep his extra fcr2, 10 dci, and 27 spell damage on a spell book that he knows damn well shouldnt be blessed. If this aint a trammilite then I dont know what or who is.

U

uomlplayer

Faster recovery would be based on Stamina remaining, )
This make's no sense whatsoever,why would it be tied to stam also? every hit a mage get's from a warrior he get's his stam reduced already, so does that mean i have to chug a refesh pot every second making it so a mage never can cast? not to mention the draw back's already in place for parry.

U

uomlplayer

I cant believe that you guys are actually sitting here trying to JUSTIFY having an extra blessed item on Siege Perilous! What happen to all of you that used to actually be siegers??????? You guys have become worst than the trammies!

BR wants to keep his faction armor, and now he wants to keep his extra fcr2, 10 dci, and 27 spell damage. If this aint a trammilite then I dont know what or who is.
I can't believe your sitting here crying about a book, when a warrior can have all these property on a weapon like hit spell when you don't even need magery!!!::D:

S

Sweeney

Blessed ninja belts, blessed spellbooks, named faction gear.. there's a lot on Siege that has been neglected over the past few years.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because the kid likes to whine about the dumbest shat.

BR wants to keep his faction armor, and now he wants to keep his extra fcr2, 10 dci, and 27 spell damage on a spell book that he knows damn well shouldnt be blessed. If this aint a trammilite then I dont know what or who is.
Says the dipstick who's too scared to PvP in ANYTHING THAT ISNT BLESSED because he's afraid to lose pixels.

Yeah, this isn't a cry thread? Yeah, ok... :sad3: Here's a ****ing tissue, trammie.

So where's your epic fail CRY THREAD about blessed ninja belts, trammy? Oh wait... you're a naked, stealth ninja who only PvPs with items that are blessed.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This make's no sense whatsoever,why would it be tied to stam also? every hit a mage get's from a warrior he get's his stam reduced already, so does that mean i have to chug a refesh pot every second making it so a mage never can cast? not to mention the draw back's already in place for parry.
Not so you can NEVER cast, just so your cast recovery time isnt enchanced as it is with jewels. You will be able to cast at the same speed as you can now, without any casting recovery jewels, even if you have 0% stamina remaining.

Invest in Battle Focus if you like, and Resist spells will lessen the effects of a pain spike, leaving you with more stamina.

The point was to reward the pure mage with faster casting and faster recovery, which makes perfect sense. People like me, who only use magery for night sight and gate travel shouldnt have this benfit, as I havent invested the points in other magery related skills.

They could easily disable the property from weapons and jewels like they did the UBWS from bows and crossbows.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Id only ever support something along the lines of removing FC/FCR all together from the item properties system.

When they make MAX swing speed REQUIRED to use weapons (much like FC/FCR are REQUIRED for spell casting) we can talk about nerfing this and that.

When I talk about SSI required... I'm talking that a weapon will only ever hit at its base speed IF AND ONLY IF you have 30%SSI on it and no weapon can hit faster than it's base speed... ever.

So if you're running a kryss (which has a 2s base speed) and you don't have 30%SSI as a property on the weapon... it will hit every 2.9s. Now if the weapon has the 30%SSI property... ONLY THEN can it hit at 2s... and if you have 50%SSI, it will never hit faster than 2s.

Which is basically the bull**** they did to mages with AoS and REQUIRING mages have at least 2/4 casting to cast at a normal speed.

Yeah.

I disagree... you seem to be using the term "base speed" as "potential speed", and your calculations seem to be disregarding the players high dex.... so without 30% SSI, you swing 2.9 seconds, no matter how much dex they have. If you ignore the benfits of higher dex, why would anyone keep dex on template? Why not just drop to 20 dex and use a 30% SSI weapon to go to the weapons top potential? Everyone would become fencers for the 2 weapon speed, and then they'd be at the mercy of the RNG every 2 seconds.

S

Sweeney

Your arguments are just semantics and philosophy.. things will never be changed that much, unless EA/Mythic/Bioware wants to do a major balance pass at the expense of unpopular opinion.

In my short time here, I've learned that only simple, easy to change fixes/adjustments get implemented.. everything else is "under review."

[edit] And even with a good idea, it takes 95% to change something (Such as vendor pricing on Siege). [/edit]

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Problem is the devs really did not take alot of things into account for siege when they put in aos and all subsequent changes. I can put that nice spell book on, gm crap, bless a pair of feys legs, run a couple nice 1/2s with dci, and still will have some problems with a dexer runing just crap single mod hci jewels. The risk vs. reward even with the book still is not balanced imo. I know because I have ran my mage as mentioned above, and ran a bushy dexer as mentioned above. trust me I died on the mage, a template I am more used to playing, a hell of alot more.

The above statment does assume all parties are carrying proper disposable pvp gear such as apples, trap box, pots, etc.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Keep it civil, please.

S

Sweeney

Keep it civil, please.
With that attitude, you should have this forum renamed to "Siege, Keep it Civil Please", with a big picture of your smiling face. In the forum rules thread, you can have your smiling face showing one-finger, two fingers, eight fingers, etc.. save the middle finger for the very end. With your smiling face.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
With that attitude, you should have this forum renamed to "Siege, Keep it Civil Please", with a big picture of your smiling face. In the forum rules thread, you can have your smiling face showing one-finger, two fingers, eight fingers, etc.. save the middle finger for the very end. With your smiling face.
Good idea!

O

Ole Cheapy

Problem is the devs really did not take alot of things into account for siege when they put in aos and all subsequent changes. I can put that nice spell book on, gm crap, bless a pair of feys legs, run a couple nice 1/2s with dci, and still will have some problems with a dexer runing just crap single mod hci jewels. The risk vs. reward even with the book still is not balanced imo. I know because I have ran my mage as mentioned above, and ran a bushy dexer as mentioned above. trust me I died on the mage, a template I am more used to playing, a hell of alot more.

The above statment does assume all parties are carrying proper disposable pvp gear such as apples, trap box, pots, etc.
Maybe there is a slight edge leaning toward melee for the time being and maybe its not, but this has always been the case since the beginning of UO. Some template always have had and edge and always will, you just have to wait til your turn comes up and go with the flow. But it doesn't mean to give the template that's currently less fortunate an additional blessed item with ridiculous mods (not a modless ninja belt that you can have thousands stacked in your house).

Right is right and wrong is wrong, I think we all know which one this is regardless if you're own the beneficial end of the stick or not.

Edit: If mages are so deprived, then why is it Sakie can take on 5 at a time and win in most cases? Maybe the other mages on the shard just need to step up their game and quit depending on crutches and hand-outs. Food for thought.

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sakie used all the best gear available, he can correct me if I am wrong..and dude honestly I don't think many mages are using the blessed book. I see mostly mage weapons or a shield in one hand. You act like that book is a 56 damage firebreath or something yeesh..

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People acted like the Sammy Helm was a 56 damage fireball, yeesh.
And they acted like the Ember Leggings were yada yada.

It all adds up. It's one more blessed piece that others don't have.

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They don't have it because they choose to wield something different..it is all about choices.

O

Ole Cheapy

Sakie used all the best gear available, he can correct me if I am wrong..and dude honestly I don't think many mages are using the blessed book. I see mostly mage weapons or a shield in one hand. You act like that book is a 56 damage firebreath or something yeesh..
It's funny you should bring that up cuz it too is yet another crutch for mages, they get a weapon with say scnp -20 mage weapon then grab a superman suit that retrives them their 20 mage points giving them 120 magery again. So the end result is now they mages have all their skills plus an addtional weapon skill giving them a total of 840 skill points opposed to the warrior's 720 skill points. Still say mages have it so tough huh? The only thing that mages have tough is the decision of either choosing an additional blessed item with mods or an addtional 120 skill points. i agree with you...that is a very tough choice to make!

D

Duke SP

Ole Cheapy, from the looks of the battlegrounds the problem is tamers not mages.;)

O

Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy, from the looks of the battlegrounds the problem is tamers not mages.;)
I agree tamers are definitely more of a problem I'm just jealous of the extra blessed item and want mine too! I want a blessed shield with 50 dmg and 30 ssi :)

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what weapon skill would that be, purely defensive? he can be disarmed to having none at all..making your life easy.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah.

I disagree... you seem to be using the term "base speed" as "potential speed", and your calculations seem to be disregarding the players high dex.... so without 30% SSI, you swing 2.9 seconds, no matter how much dex they have. If you ignore the benfits of higher dex, why would anyone keep dex on template? Why not just drop to 20 dex and use a 30% SSI weapon to go to the weapons top potential? Everyone would become fencers for the 2 weapon speed, and then they'd be at the mercy of the RNG every 2 seconds.
What was the speed of casting before AoS?

If for sure as hell wasn't 0/0

Why should warriors be so special? The same system that was applied to spell casters should of been applied to dexers. :dunce:

And don't even touch the spellbooks until loot outside of factions is fixed and I mean fixt for everyone. PvMers, crafters and hell even pvpers because I'm sick and tired of carrying good loot and looting crap loot.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bo Bo is currently trying Bo's hand at being a mage. If you think those spell books are that great try playing with one. Bo has played a dexer of every type and the mage Bo is playing is by far the hardest Bo has ever played. You talk about Sakey taking on 5 people and beatin most of them into the ground, you know why he is able to do this? Becuase he is that good. The thing about sakey is it really doesnt matter what temp he plays he will beat you down no matter what.
Basically stop crying about things that dont need the most attention. You should be crying about the following controlling greater drags while running at full mount speed, being 1 hit killed by a pet, attacking people than smoke bombin away to safety, stealthing around with a chance of never getting revealed. These are more pressing issues and you would know that if you ever grow a pair and actaully pvp not pvcrafter.