• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

There have been some interesting polls lately.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not now it doesn't but if we had a bigger population it would you know how i know this? Because it's already been done in the past...the only difference is the server was booming and it was fine but imagine if 40 people from a prodo shard came over right now, how would the sp guilds fare against that? They wouldn't because there's no one here to stop them because the servers dead or people play prodo now...
if 10 people aren't currently doing something... adding 90 more people does not mean that they will do what the 10 currently aren't.

Putting the cart before the horse here...

People used to roam around because there was a point to it. Killing ettins had a point. Killing ratmen had a point. Now, even the paragons don't really have a point. Adding more people will not fix that flaw.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, I not asking for anything but restraint from those PvPers, to allow the
crop of new players to grow up and stay on SP.

But, I not holding my breath.
You're putting the onus of responsibility on the wrong group of people.

That's like telling shoppers to have restraint and hold off on buying the product YOU want to buy, rather than the company making sure the supply meets the demand.

Make monster bashing fun and worth-while again. That will bring back PvMers because your suggestion is not only unrealistic, but unfair to both sides.

Monster bashers risk more on Siege than on any other shard... they should be rewarded for it. They currently are not. THAT is the problem.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sadly have to agree with BR that Siege's biggest problem...is Siege. Too many people want this done, another wants this, etc etc, until nothing gets done.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are you there to collect silver or pvp on a naked tamer and get ganked by 3 or more people?

Neither of you are seeing my point but when you wanna collect silver for your suit and your getting attacked on your naked tamer 24/7 you'll see my point...
I will try to explain it one more time. 98% of PVPers buy their gear back after a battle (while in rot) then they can get back into the fight. Should they have a problem, most have a second suit or some silver saved up for a rainy day.

My point is you can farm gold rather then silver, after your first few suits. Not to mention that at any given time there is well over 300,000 silver for sale on vendors.

I also want to ask, have you ever worn faction items? I know first hand that you will spend 4 million gold on a weapon, yet your down on Faction items, makes no sense to me.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will try to explain it one more time. 98% of PVPers buy their gear back after a battle (while in rot) then they can get back into the fight. Should they have a problem, most have a second suit or some silver saved up for a rainy day.

My point is you can farm gold rather then silver, after your first few suits. Not to mention that at any given time there is well over 300,000 silver for sale on vendors.

I also want to ask, have you ever worn faction items? I know first hand that you will spend 4 million gold on a weapon, yet your down on Faction items, makes no sense to me.
Ya, all the cry threads and buying faction gear threads is what sp really needs...please get faction gear off this server it has done nothing to help this server the population shows that clearly...you people are fighting for what helped kill sp...

Yes, i do wear 3 pieces of faction gear too...but the rest is imbued gear...why does that not make me cool or was there a cool little point to this question? I spent 3 million gold on a weapon not 4 and that weapon i spent 3 million gold has a PBD on it...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've learned thru life that there is three things you don't argue about which is religion, politics, and UO...

:bdh:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ya, all the cry threads and buying faction gear threads is what sp really needs...please get faction gear off this server it has done nothing to help this server the population shows that clearly...you people are fighting for what helped kill sp...

Yes, i do wear 3 pieces of faction gear too...but the rest is imbued gear...why does that not make me cool or was there a cool little point to this question? I spent 3 million gold on a weapon not 4 and that weapon i spent 3 million gold has a PBD on it...
Actually, want to know what's really killing Siege?

I sadly have to agree with BR that Siege's biggest problem...is Siege. Too many people want this done, another wants this, etc etc, until nothing gets done.
Right there. So let's suggest awesome ideas like yours which will never happen cause of how much effort it would take to get done while ignoring simple fixes (like reducing silver costs and increasing loot drops across the board.)

:thumbup1:

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Opposed to prodo?

Have you seen idea`s tossed around and than topics locked on Uhell? The arguement of too many idea`s on Siege and no one can agree is WEAK to say the least. Blaming Siege for Sieges problems? Makes no sense.

Kats been massing alot of good points and alot of which most of us agree with one way or another. Than this .... more pve content comes out of left field and all of a sudden its the gospel and the only and easiest way to get changes?

LOL,Alllllrighty than.

If it was sooooo easy to bump up the loot tables on monsters, I`m pretty sure they would have done it a loooong time ago.Since a ton more people play prodo and a ton more people have asked in the past for a loot table revamp ..... you would think something so easy would have already happened. I wonder why they would consider doing this for our lil ghost town.

I thought some great points were made especially about housing. To say thats one of the least importances is rediculous especially since the idea of a second house is always appealing to people who don`t already play Siege as proven by countless threads I`ve read stating so. Than ya have the question about a second Siege house to the devs and it did peak a lil spark of interest in them.....otherwise it would have never been answered.

Now for the shard list..... easy! Its must have been pretty damn easy to remove it no? Seems like that would be the absolute easiest.

Lots of other great idea`s have been tossed around and listed but no need to mention them all here. I only wanted to point out a couple of what I believe to be the easiest fixes they could consider.

V

Vaelix

I my opinion, the vast majority of non-faction players have started to use
imbued items on SP. We really do not need those artifacts cursed or not cursed. Really, when I see a cursed artifact I think unraval it. Now, if you
want us to have that as a resource, ok. But, wear them...I do not think so.
Imbued items is the fashion of today.

Doom ! I see nothing wrong with it. Forget about increasing the drop rate.
People complained that the drop rate was too high, so they adjusted it.
Now, the reverse is demanded. The Dark Father spawning seem to be fair
enough.

I believe people should try out many of those various templates. Stop trying
to follow the one and only playable template.

Even better yet, try playing different goals. Really folks, 24/7 pvping got to
make you crazy and bored at some point. Occasional encounters to do pvping
should make this easier on your resources. Mix your activities with those
eventual fights.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
Few things here..

1. With No arties and everyone running imbued suits we're left with a Shard Full of Bushy Dexxers.

2. Doom has like 2 Bless worthy Items.

3. 24/7 PvP is Perfectly fine with Most of the "PvPers" on siege.. The only reason *I* play UO is for PvP.

(I didnt explain the points because the Real PvPers will know exactly what i mean.. If you require an explanation, You do not know PvP)

V

Vaelix

Sounds like your Willing to spend the Gold on something you dont Lose.. Thats a very "Prodo Mindset"

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Opposed to prodo?

Have you seen idea`s tossed around and than topics locked on Uhell? The arguement of too many idea`s on Siege and no one can agree is WEAK to say the least. Blaming Siege for Sieges problems? Makes no sense.

Kats been massing alot of good points and alot of which most of us agree with one way or another. Than this .... more pve content comes out of left field and all of a sudden its the gospel and the only and easiest way to get changes?

LOL,Alllllrighty than.
Out of left field? This was brought up more than 4 years ago...

If it was sooooo easy to bump up the loot tables on monsters, I`m pretty sure they would have done it a loooong time ago.Since a ton more people play prodo and a ton more people have asked in the past for a loot table revamp ..... you would think something so easy would have already happened. I wonder why they would consider doing this for our lil ghost town.
Loot tables here are the exact same as every other shard. <--- that is the problem because we are not like ANY other shard.

The loot tables are tailored to item insurance... not Siege. Loot tables, are an easy thing to address. All you have to do is increase the values in the code across the board. They have done it multiple times for all shards in UO.

Besides loot tables, do you really think it would be hard to turn ToTs back on? To turn [cursed] arties back on? No.. that's probably the easiest request of them all.

Faction item silver costs were set to prodo levels when they were introduced. It took one post from GoodGuy and 5 minutes of a developers time to increase it to 5x's the amount. It will take just as long to put it back.

lol?

I thought some great points were made especially about housing. To say thats one of the least importances is rediculous especially since the idea of a second house is always appealing to people who don`t already play Siege as proven by countless threads I`ve read stating so. Than ya have the question about a second Siege house to the devs and it did peak a lil spark of interest in them.....otherwise it would have never been answered.

Now for the shard list..... easy! Its must have been pretty damn easy to remove it no? Seems like that would be the absolute easiest.

Lots of other great idea`s have been tossed around and listed but no need to mention them all here. I only wanted to point out a couple of what I believe to be the easiest fixes they could consider.
Shard list? Do you know how much is attached to our special status on the shard list? First... players can't even access Siege as [young] or new to this game. You'd have to remove that code.

You're basically asking them to re-write the code for how Siege is accessed. Are we asking them to remove the [young] requirement of joining this shard? They will have to integrate some kind of disclaimer... or do you think having Siege on the shard list will help new players who are sitting there scratching their heads trying to figure out why they CANT join?

That suggestion alone is more complicated than any other. 2nd char slot, grandfathered housing, monster loot, etc.

GG

V

Vaelix

So is playing on a prodo shard...your opinion about sp means nothing to me...actually play sp then your opinion MIGHT mean something to me...
At least when i log on to SP im On SP... instead of just Stealthing around the boards, like you seem to do.

Edit : im gonna leave this argument here.. No point in getting this Thread locked.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least when i log on to SP im On SP... instead of just Stealthing around the boards, like you seem to do.

Edit : im gonna leave this argument here.. No point in getting this Thread locked.
How actually do you log into sp when you play prodo shard's? I've been playing for the last month and haven't seen you once...you must be one of those guys unless you got 5 guildmates on you don't even log in...

See that's the problem your too busy playing prodo shard to even see who is in game...

BTW, who are you one more time?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
So, Drax... You are against this idea?

V

Vaelix

How actually do you log into sp when you play prodo shard's? I've been playing for the last month and haven't seen you once...you must be one of those guys unless you got 5 guildmates on you don't even log in...

See that's the problem your too busy playing prodo shard to even see who is in game...

Loki
Skwisgar Skwigel ( Red Dante )

And on an Non Arguement Note.. As i've said before..

Storm an I ran 2 V Siege for the longest time..

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Now go on with your simple list of crap that will bring in a few people but not get many if any of them to stay. Showing on the shard list is not important. A 2nd character slot (with how soul stones currently work?) is not important. Adding a 2nd house is not important.

Addressing monster loot, faction silver prices and just the overall fun of playing this shard for the AVERAGE player... is what needs to be addressed.

That and the fact that there are tons of Siege players standing in the way of addressing these things properly. So good luck on getting the community on board to anything that will actually give us results.
Here´s a fun fact:

I´ve read numerous threads on U.Hall where prodo people have been asked what would make them try out Siege. Not once have I seen someone say that increased/buffed monster loot or reduced fartie prices would make them take the step. Not once.

However, all the other "crappy" suggestions have been mentioned by these prodo players countless times.

Just saying...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That must have been since sp has been dead...

By the way was you guys married or something like that?
Dunno about that... they were fun though.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're putting the onus of responsibility on the wrong group of people.

That's like telling shoppers to have restraint and hold off on buying the product YOU want to buy, rather than the company making sure the supply meets the demand.

Make monster bashing fun and worth-while again. That will bring back PvMers because your suggestion is not only unrealistic, but unfair to both sides.

Monster bashers risk more on Siege than on any other shard... they should be rewarded for it. They currently are not. THAT is the problem.
For years I have heard nothing but Siege Perilous is all about Pvping....
The onus of responcibility has come from the complaints from Siege P. pvpers.
It is their own fault the game became more difficult for them to play.
Change your play...the developers have changed the game enough.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For years I have heard nothing but Siege Perilous is all about Pvping....
The onus of responcibility has come from the complaints from Siege P. pvpers.
It is their own fault the game became more difficult for them to play.
Change your play...the developers have changed the game enough.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
Double check your source of information, then get back to me.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I went to prodo as well. But I've have logged onto Siege every night for the last couple weeks. Haven't seen you either. Where are you? Another ***** that doesn't come out unless he has his guild mates?

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to prodo as well. But I've have logged onto Siege every night for the last couple weeks. Haven't seen you either. Where are you? Another ***** that doesn't come out unless he has his guild mates?
Try somewhere other then luna...you guys must be guildmates it's cute seriously...

I like your first sentence too by the way..."i went to prodo as well"...then why are you posting on a sp forum? Lemme guess prodo must be so busy you had to come post on the sp forum aye?

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on right now. Hop your ass online. Looked around for ya. Didn't bother checking the silver spots since your so against faction artifacts. Checked some spawn areas.

Only person I saw was Diablo with his Bake and Dread mare...nasty little things. But you sir were no where to be found.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Asty and Dante, dont waste your time with this guy he is a board warrior only!

Guy paid me 4 million gold for a bow to kill lizardmen...lol.

Wait, I did read in a different post the he pked Vinny, who was naked with zero hps buying gear from a vendor.

No need to reply damien softstool...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Asty and Dante, dont waste your time with this guy he is a board warrior only!

Guy paid me 4 million gold for a bow to kill lizardmen...lol.

Wait, I did read in a different post the he pked Vinny, who was naked with zero hps buying gear from a vendor.

No need to reply damien softstool...
I've never bought a bow from you i'm a mage...

You just can't keep my name out your mouth can you?

Worship me like Jesus...