• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The unvendorable items problem

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna Yes Please clarify why nothing has been done to fix this or even make a statement to us about this.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Well, here's my latest few... Coming from Chessie to Europa for the fest, I carried items for myself and two others. Meadbh and Jack have already posted, I believe - 4 items between them went unvendorable. I've just found my first; a 14th anniversary ticket. So so far that's 5 items, using a standard transfer token (not shield), with a maxed out load. At least 2 of those I personally carried for these people, across several trips from their originating shards. I also just finished a series of 57 other shard transfers, all maxed, all with regular tokens, all either received as gifts or bought from vendors. God know how many more problem items are hidden in there just waiting to not go on a vendor. :(

Brian

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
At the rares fest, Mesanna just made a comment on unvendorable items. It may be worth pointing anyone this this post, if they're questioning an unvendorable item:

Mesanna: "doesn't mean it was duped"
Mesanna: "Just because it lost its id#"

http://oi58.***********/1231j7r.jpg

Has this ever been fixed? Was this ever addressed other then in game by Mesanna?

My 2 cents.

Once they acknowledge they're messed up code has destroyed your items they'll then be responsible to fix those items. PROBLEM IS they don't have ID#'s which she acknowledged in game and are (it would seem, from my taking) exactly the same as the only way to detect duped items (they can't tell the difference). They'd have to fix all even dupers would be claiming this happened to their items trying to have them fixed as well.. I dunno but I hope this is fixed now. Would like to know if it is.

Would be glad to know the UO Staff has the will to do whats right<< and did what was right because this would be in my mind worthy of a revert this is the most serious probelm i've read about since I've played UO(Since 1999-2000).