• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The unvendorable items problem

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I know we're all hearing about it. I've had it happen to me, and I've heard from people I trust who also have had it happen to them. Yet it hasn't been addressed by any devs, and I've not seen it really clearly discussed here in the forums.

Plain and simple, items that were 100% verified good non-dupes are becoming non-vendorable. I've seen it happen right after items are transferred. I've also seen it where an item is transferred, is vendorable, then is taken off the vendor, and suddenly becomes unvendorable. Last, more rarely, I've heard (but not personally seen) of items which have never been transferred also becoming unvendorable, if they are first moved from a secure in one house to a secure in a second house (ie, a house move, storage during an auction, etc).

With everyone bringing things to raresfest, perhaps the best we can do is at least collect reports of when it happens to us, and get some dev attention here ASAP.

Myself, I had a gazer costume come from Atlantic to Chessie, go on my vendor, come off a vendor to go to auction, not sell, come back to my vendor, and now be unvendorable.

Also coming Atlantic to Chessie, I had 2 vet tile sets where both "House Teleporter" bags, but not the tiles inside, became unvendorable after transfer.

Today, though I've not checked everything I brought to Pacific, I've already found two secret chests which I myself opened from tokens on Chessie. I brought them so I could have more space to lay items out at raresfest. And now neither is vendorable. :(

Anyone else care to share?
Brian

Last edited:

Avery Chessy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello
for me also
for each transfer I have item no vendorable depend transfer for me 5-10 item / 900 for each ( for me friend +200 item no vendorable / 900 )

( Example item Minax , Flower , Token , Leather , Rubble , Sot , Item Ml ect... and all was buy vendor )

Avery

NaniUo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello

after an xfert with a friend, some items are unvendorable for now ( arties minax, staff..) , can't trade them only trash them for some little points
they're mine , not byuing to someone

nani

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they should just get rid of the so called dupe checker..it sucks ...its broke ...it dont work like it should and never has..... just bin it ...or bloody fix it proper....[end]...whatever!

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i brought about 70 items to raresfest. my slime dye hat of the maji (the blessed one) is now non-vendorable. i had it on my atlantic vendor a few weeks ago and had bought it off an atlantic vendor about 3 years ago.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they should just get rid of the so called dupe checker..it sucks ...its broke ...it dont work like it should and never has..... just bin it ...or bloody fix it proper....[end]...whatever!
i usually dont agree with alot that you say here but this one is spot on! never did work right and was never addressed to the public which still needs to be. I loved seeing but hated at the same time having to correct all the people in the rares forum thinking and saying their items were real when selling their items on here by stating "it goes on a vendor" which essentially meant nothing since it never worked for any event items server births etc etc etc at all. Only time it would reject one was if the transfer bug hit them which seems to be happening to the people above :(
It gives false sense to everyone that doesnt know this system doesnt work that everything on a vendor is legit when its not. Hopefully one day they will admit their mistake or inform the players about it but i wont hold my breath for that day to come. So im down to the FIX IT! OR REMOVE IT SOONER THAN LATER! Hope.:sad4:

Reactions: THP

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brian and I have talked about this before. I agree the entire system needs to be scrapped. It is obviously tagging things that aren't dupes. I have 2 items at Pacific rares fest that I can't vendor, even though I personally obtained these in-game. (slime hunter title deed, em crafted club)
I'm not sure how the system determines what is a dupe but it is flawed, and transferring an item has a chance to trigger this flaw.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This still happening to anyone? Has it been fixed?

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Apparently Nails there is still a bug on some really strange items. I brought items over to Pac for the fest and I had no problems placing them on a vendor there-I just logged on to that toon and now my Giant Pixie halloween costume, my fire works staffs are no longer vendorable but the toons garb, LT sash, and soles of providence are fine. I did notice the items I was able to make sparkles while running around like the hand of difiler only work when locked down in my house.

Last edited:

Orich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is absolutely mind-boggling that a system is in place to "tag" duped items in the first place.

If you can identify a duped item, it should be deleted on creation. It is the most corrupt system I've ever heard of in a video game, which can ONLY benefit exploiters and devs themselves.

Step 1: Remove the "duplicate tagging" system
Step 2: Implement that 5 lines of code it would take to delete duplicates upon creation

Pretty simple.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

x8turbo4x

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Had same thing happen to me when I xfered using shard shield tokens. Got 5 of the same thing off a vendor on one shard xfered to atl then 4 of the items I could not vendor and 1 could when all came from same vendor

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not tested in a while but I know I have bought items off of vendors on home shard, taken to Atl and had them non vendorable. I have also had it happen to items I have obtained myself.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well Sounds to me like its In their Process of Transfer Cus technically They are duping Items when they transfer to another shard Or I should say cloning They just need to add a transfer tag to items to counter act the Dupe tag ....But remember this is how a lot of items was duped was it not by x sharding But Alas This is why I don't play other shards Just ATL

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I moved alot of items to PAC fest couple weeks ago including 6 old EM rings blessed, 2 of them were still vendorable on PAC since i had them on my rares fest vendor on the last 2 days. Rings didnt sold so i xferred back to Atlantic and now all 6 rings arent vendorable anymore.

Im not suprised, the devs seems to not test the code they write.

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so Im not going crazy!!!! I had 1 old em ring, 1 St patties day clothing set from pac Em, Cyno robe, 6th ani staff, knife throwing contest dagger, 25 collector edition White books, 7 First edition blue books, 2 double exp made by pieces, 2 central room of the tomb red books and 1 grgish swimwear. That now are not vendorable after I xfered to and from Pac for fest. BONNIE please look into this, this is becoming a huge problem as I am hearing more and more reports of this behavior happening during xfers. I understand this system is supposed to be helping but has not worked since day one as intended and looks like the system is getting worse.

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I can confirm at least the white books and swimwear were vendorable for yardman before he xsharded them back, as I personally recall seeing those on his vendors at the fest.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
UNKNOWN of Atlantic, what you say is a big part of why it concerns me that this hasn't had any statement from devs. Sure, we all know that at least some of the dupes came from xshard bugs. But those bugs, afaik, no longer exist, and none of us is exploiting them. Instead, we're either using shield tokens, or, like me, using *purchased* tokens, just to move stuff between shards, in the intended manner.

When I spend real money for a transfer token, I think it's fine that I have certain expectations, biggest among them being that the items I put into the transfer crate on the originating shard will still be 100% the same items when they come back out on the other end. For a good item to go in, and a non-vendorable item to come out on the other end destroys the value of that item.

If transfers were free, it would still be annoying and a bug, but at least there'd be less expectation of it being a perfect process. But when they're actually charging more for a *single* transfer than they charge for an entire month's service, and have a problem like this, then I think it's perfectly justified that I demand that it be fixed asap, and that the affected items be made whole again. Instead, I've had at least one report that, when a GM was summoned to try and fix an affected item, the GM deleted it immediately and told that person that there is a "delete on sight" policy for any item seen which is non-vendorable.

Brian

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me get this straight, the system fails at detecting duped items and now causes vendorable items to become unvendorable (on some occasions) when they xfer items?!?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i paged a gm about about my blue hat of the maji. it wasnt deleted, i just got the "were looking into the issue" response.

basically since no dev, no gm or higher up in the game has responded to this thread its safe to assume nothings being done about it as far as i can see. which is sad.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
basically since no dev, no gm or higher up in the game has responded to this thread its safe to assume nothings being done about it as far as i can see. which is sad.
Its tragic to be honest. They introduce this new dupe detecting system which is quite obviously a massive failure. It seems to be affecting the honest players more than the dupers.

The dupers are still there working away (sphinx anyone?) and you still see "SELLING UNVENDORABLE SLITHER" pretty much daily shouted in general chat (on Atlantic) and people are buying them.

Then there are the people who think that just because an item can go on a vendor means its definitely not a dupe.

I hate to knock this game as I love it very much.

Hey, at least we got a nice bath tub right?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bump. this is an important issue, would love to see an "official response" to it

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Double bump!!! Devs, BONNIE, please respond to us this is a very serious problem.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
one of my friends transferred from Napa to Atlantic yesterday with about 30 medium value items like slithers, trinkets, that type of stuff, 100% were vendorable, of the 30 or so items 17 of them are now unvendorable....this problem seems to be getting worse if anything.

Last edited:

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one of my friends transferred from Napa to Atlantic yesterday with about 30 medium value items like slithers, trinkets, that type of stuff, 100% were vendorable, of the 30 or so items 17 of them are now unvendorable....this problem seems to be getting worse if anything.
I know the feel of slithers being marked.. I've had more than a few dozen marked on my shard hopping to re-sell them D:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump. If this is the only bug fixed in 2014 i'd be happy.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Agreed. Well, plus packies and beetles eating grape vines and rubble plants... :p

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just curious, has anyone ever had a Non-vendor-able item become vendor-able after a transfer? I've only experienced an item becoming non-vendor-able during a character copy shortly after the so-called 'Dupe-detection' came out, and it happened with an item I had equip during the character copy.

Anyway, it's a little unsettling that there are no Dev posts on this issue.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted this nearly a year ago. It is just as relevant today. I don't for one moment think that whatever you implemented (devs) was a bad thing, but I am tired as hell of having arguments with morons that buy your line about items not going on vendors being "dupes"...

I tried to voice my concerns with this whole "dupe detection" thing that they sold us back when it happened

" Anyone involved in coding and selling us this nonsense care to comment? All evidence seems to point to a few things:

1) There is no consistency in what types of items will NOT go on vendors

2) There is strong evidence that commonly acknowledged items that have been duped are allowed on vendors (people who know that their 2 story statues, LT sashes, Orc Chief helms, etc were likely not original)

3) Items that people have actually looted themselves are being disallowed from vendors

Are you all really going to continue to let us think that this is some kind of "dupe" selling prevention? You have essentially made random items non sell-able on vendors. Unfortunately, you have a group of people who believe every word you type and now think either - their 2 story statues are real, or their race change token is duped.

Either make it work, or clarify whatever you have done, but please don't stand behind it as "your duped items can not be put on vendors". It's not fair, accurate or honest on your end to continue to do so."

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do the Devs even read the rares or trade forums? ...Maybe this would be more visible to them on the U-hall.

I know several people who have gotten fresh drops from Doom & the SA peerless' that are unable to be placed on a vendor, maybe the secret to fixing this dupe-detection, is the 'dupe' itself....

It obviously has something to do with item generation, and items becoming changed from character copy & shard transfers.

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone (and their guilds) farm a lot of medusa drops. I can say We have had a ton of issues with slithers and venoms showing up as "duped" when they were not. No issues with the deeds or the statues however.

LOTR

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I have 10 raised garden beds become non vendorable. This is just driving me crazy.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am tired as hell of having arguments with morons that buy your line about items not going on vendors being "dupes"...

>This happens ALL the time. If you dont have a vendor and want so sell something, you get publicly accused "Duper" by a loud bunch of idiots in GC on ATL - as noob, liar or something else. This, however, is not the best indicator for the quality of the dupe-detection but for the niveau of the people on this shard. Never experienced this on other shards...

Items that people have actually looted themselves are being disallowed from vendors

>Happend to me to: Got backpack-drops in Cove which were not vendorable (Blight of the Tundra)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm very surprised that this issue wasn't fixed as soon as possible, and pushed to the front of the "to do" list, this is causing people to lose hundreds of millions, possibly billions, when they have done nothing wrong, even if the problem gets fixed right this second, that still doesn't compensate the people who sold their legal items at "duped" prices, the faster this is fixed the better.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Well, it'd be hard to claim that every person (or *any* person) here with a similar story is a "lying duper" :D At the very least, there's starting to be definitive evidence that can be pointed to showing that "non-vendorable" and "duped" are two entirely different, if overlapping, categories, regardless of what was claimed by the patch that started all of this.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Petra Fyde Perhaps maybe this post should be moved to uHall where it will get more attention, since this issue doesn't only apply to rare items. This is a small forum, yet this 2 month old topic has already garnered over 1000 views and 39 posts. I could be an optimist, but if we send this thread to uHall, possibly this bug might get addressed just like the petition to fix the daemonic crisis vanquisher.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best place to post a bug is on the bug reporting forum. Misk reads there frequently

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I now have 2 more items that became unvendorable so far this fest from transfering to Europa.
Replica of Vulcans madness (not a dupe, I got the drop from the Chessy event)
Staff of Sparks (WAS vendorable back on Chesapeake, now is not)

xblade

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best place to post a bug is on the bug reporting forum. Misk reads there frequently
That will actually not help. I have spoken whit bonnie about this issue on a few occasions, her response she hold's to is "there is nothing wrong with our system and if an item can not go onto a vendor then it is a dupe period."

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now it happened again to me again. This time with a fresh pair of alchemical bracers.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i made a transfer 2 day ago from ATL to EU for rare fest and after have checked all the items i transfered i got now 200+ items not vendorable .....
I have made a decicion, i wont make any transfer until this problem is solved.......

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That will actually not help. I have spoken whit bonnie about this issue on a few occasions, her response she hold's to is "there is nothing wrong with our system and if an item can not go onto a vendor then it is a dupe period."
Really losing faith in the devs because of this. a large portion of of the UO community is rares collectors. part of that is raresfests. i was personally very reluctant to transfer items this fest as i know its a chance they will become unvendorable so kept my best items im selling safe at home.

If this problem isnt fixed, or at least acknowledged with a plan to solve i personally will continue to have minimal participation in future raresfests.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Perhaps the festival organizers can select a time for Mesanna to show up at the rares festival and inspect all our items, so she could possible determine what is causing the issue. If not remember her new email is [email protected] or [email protected] which ever one works.

Last edited: