The Technocrat War: Starfell

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
The Dark Woods
community.stratics.com
When on Chesapeake for the Call to Arms event I noticed Dupre was wielding a unique-named sword: Starfell. The name sounded familiar so I decided to do a bit of digging. And here is where I found it.

He lifted Starfell unseen before his face. His voice lowered to a sonorous pitch. "And so the pursuit of Justice continues, my lord." He spoke to the memory of Lord Valente, the noble leader of the House of the Lion whom Pikas had slain a year earlier. Montenegro owed much to the murdered nobleman. Valente had championed him when the rest of New Britannia clamored to throw him into prison. The knight could do no less than to wield Starfell, Valente's enchanted sword, on the path of the Virtue of Justice. He would slay the assassin or die from the effort.
Generations ago the Lost King had defined the eight Virtues as ethical beacons for the people of Britannia: Honor, Justice, Sacrifice, Compassion, Humility, Honesty, Spirituality and Valor. In the eighty-eight years since the Cataclysm tore the world apart, the Virtues had assumed even greater importance. Montenegro's grandfather, the legendary Sir Lazaro, had achieved the highest degree of respect for his adherence to those ideals. But the Cataclysm took his life, even as it did the Lost King himself. Sir Gabriel Montenegro intended to recapture the glory of his honored name. The Virtues showed the only path to that destiny, a fact that Lord Valente's murder had revealed to him.
- The Technocrat War: Masquerade - Chapter 1 - The Viper of Levanto​

Did Dupre wield this sword on other shards? Or was it unique to Chesapeake?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 23, 2008
Wow, I'll have to reread the Technocrat series again. I wasn't able to make the event myself, but I'll ask around with my alliance. Good find though.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
On GL he had an ordinary halbred. (This presumably is a reference to his weapon in Ultima 4, wherein that weapon was favored by Paladins and had a two tile range. Annoyingly in U4 it had only a two tile ranger, but in U5 you could select 1 or 2 tiles.)

Some posts on the Atlantic board I ran into while researching the differences between the shards in this story arc (like this one) imply that Dupre is there using a sword that's specific to Atlantic's EM fiction.

-Galen's player

Reactions: WarderDragon

Magdalena Chef

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 6, 2009
Actually Lady Vasheri (Em RPC) on Chesapeake, gave a rather unbelievably amazing and extemporaneous story about Starfell one evening after the event. There was one other person there when Vasheri was telling the "story" of the sword (though afterwards did admit there was influence and name borrowing taken from other bits and parts of lore). So, the name did indeed sound familiar to you as it did to the EM, when he made it up. I'm hoping that I have the story logged somewhere as words fail me in trying to describe the breadth of talent of the Chesapeake Ems and many Ems working here. (This was unplanned RP and as I said completely off the top of his head).

Reactions: WarderDragon