The star room

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 18, 2004
Is this still accessible? I'm curious because I use to have a rune to here years and years ago (just reopened account this week) and I can't find it. I'm trying to revisit all of these "rare" locations just for some fun. Many of my runes lead to "blocked" locations now.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2008
Catskills
Yup, it's blocked off now. When my mother, stepfather and their friend gave me their accounts I discovered a runebook that had a rune to the Star Room in it. I of coarse tried it, but it was blocked :(

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 18, 2004
Well are there any other notable locations on Cats that are worth checking out?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
illandril.net
You can still get to the star room.
Runes are blocked, and you can't get out and walk on the stars anymore, but you can get into the room. Go into the Terrathan Keep, head to where the gate to the star room is in Felucca (the walkway to the swamp area in the north-west corner), and double-click on the flame. You'll need to double click quite a few times before you can get it, but you'll get in eventually.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2005
Lebanon, Ohio
I didn't know you could simply walk there Gildar. That is cool as sin. How strong do I need to be to survive that? Are the NPC monsters powerful along the way?

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 18, 2004
Prepare for dense ophidian and terathan spawns on you're way if you must walk there. Avoid contact with pretty much all of them unless you're farmiliar with the spawns. Lots of ophidian spell casters around the entrance and the avengers DP you I believe. Also terathan matriarch is a tough one.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
illandril.net
I didn't know you could simply walk there Gildar. That is cool as sin. How strong do I need to be to survive that? Are the NPC monsters powerful along the way?
100 hiding and 80 stealth is my power of choice to get there :)

The trickiest parts are getting to the keep (lots and lots of quickly spawning ophidians), and avoiding the spawn immediately after you enter the keep. I've done the trip solo a number of times with 110 swords, 100 parry, 80 chiv, GM anatomy, GM healing (and some other skills that don't really provide much benefit for the trip).
I wouldn't suggest carrying anything uninsured that you aren't ok with losing until you're very, very comfortable with the area (and even then you risk death and may have a hard time getting back to your corpse).

A

Ally Oop

You can also get to the star room through Despise. (This works in fel) Here is how I go. Serpents Hold is the first stop. Go inside Fire dongeon and down and around to where the mage building is. Yes there are evil mages there. Take the sparkley on the left. That will put you in Despise in the spawn area. If there is no spawn cross the bridge and make a right, picking up any gold you find. If you stealth it will be great, other wise you might have to fight your way through rats and slimes or bigger rats. Go up the little hill and around to the west. In the back there are 2 more sparkleys. Take the one on the left. This will put you in the bottom of the keep. Spiders and scorpions may be here because its another spawn area. Go to the little bridge thingy and through the black gate. This will take you to the Star Room which has a regular moongate out of it. Good luck which ever way you go.