• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Spell the Dev's Should of Fixed...

C

Connor_Graham

Wow. Did you think that up all by yourself?

I'm just so amazingly underwhelmed by your 1337 debating skills....

I

imported_Ozymandies

Your good karma should protect you from Evil Omen.

This would be opposite of wither, which does more damage to high karma?

So, full evil omen vs low karma, less effect vs high karma.

Just a thought.

OZ

ATLPvPer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The duration, even 120 SS vs 0 resist is still minimal. I dont see how its over powered at all. Yes when we get to "use" it it works great but, with such a small timer on it, it barely gets used. gm ss vs gm resist its like 2 seconds! Not very long at all. Thats the balance!

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what you are talking about. First I can tell you MOST have 120 SS and the duration is NOT 2 seconds. Ever get Omen-Manavamped??

How long does it take to cast Omen Para.
Omen Painspike
Omen FS
Omen Manavamp

Say you miss out on your 2-5 second window. You can cast evil omen again only takes 0.5 seconds. Cant interrupt that.

Omen should take as long as corpse skin to cast.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
evil omen casts as fast as any first circle mage spell.

but yet is as powerful as any spell in the game.

it needs either tweaked where it doesnt do all the things it does or make it cast at like a 4th or 5th circle tier speed takes to cast a spell.

G

You're really starting to remind me of Matsumatek[SP], you know, the guy that was so Pro-Necro that he expected to be able to walk up to a group of PKs who wanted to kill him, then say like Beowulf "I AM NECRO!!!" and have the entire group drop to their knees and beg for his forgiveness. Seriously, that guy wanted Necro to be "The one skill to rule them all, the one skill to pwn them all". He was completely against anything that could counter any Necro spell whatsoever.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well its like this.

lets just say your a scribe necro mage.

go corpse, fs, omen. even if your corpse proof yoru still gonna get 50-60 dmg fs not the mention if your strangled and if there was a explode before, and after the other .1 cast evil omen, lets do another .1 sec spell and pain spike.

people say ya well interupt do this do that. well most of em put protection on, so it doesnt matter what you do. and once the exp, fs, omen, ps goes off forget it.

ya thats fair. lol

ways to counter necro.

apples,
once every 2 minutes. lol
if ya eat one, the necro spells are just cast again. in seconds. literally.
so does no good, before they nerfed apples were fine, once you got full you couldnt eat anymore, whats the big deal.

chivalry.
lol, well a spell built around karma.
if you play a red, tryin to keep enough karma to cast it is stupid specially in a big long fight.
tryin to fit enough that 50 chiv in a template on a warrior and still have resist, parry, and now that we are forced to have tactics to do any sepcial, get your hci and dci, then try to make it fc with fcr so you can cast remve curse fast as a necro is rediculously difficult. it can be done but not easiy at all. keeping hci, dci, dmg lmc, mr and fc, fcr all at once is like ********.

other than that bend over if you are a red.

evil omen need toned down or made cast as a ebolt speed, something. then theres wither but that is another thread.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

You're really starting to remind me of Matsumatek[SP], you know, the guy that was so Pro-Necro that he expected to be able to walk up to a group of PKs who wanted to kill him, then say like Beowulf "I AM NECRO!!!" and have the entire group drop to their knees and beg for his forgiveness. Seriously, that guy wanted Necro to be "The one skill to rule them all, the one skill to pwn them all". He was completely against anything that could counter any Necro spell whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I don't know that guy, or beowulf. I haven't seen Beowulf but isn't that line from LOTR?

You got all that from me saying 'It's fine'?

Most Necro spells are counterable.

All of the arguments for nerfing Omen are the same 'Omen+something else = overpowered so lets nerf it!' if anyone actually bought a sensible idea that addressed the dynamics of Omen+w/e else then it wouldn't be so easy to disregard as another 'nerf w/e templates used the most' thread. Necro hasn't changed since before the nerve/ds etc nerf but just because it's now the most viable option everyones crying nerf again, it's pathetic. At the rate these people are going you'll have nerfed us back to pre pub 16... though maybe thats the motive?

Z

Zan186

Yep Necro is one of the most overpowered skill sets in the game.
The only thing balanced against necro is a blue with chiv and 4/6 casting.

A straight necro is not too bad. It is the fact that you can couple necro spells with magery spells.
If anything Strangle is the most powerful spell against a mage. (you get 1 apple, great) after that you have to deal with the interuptions.
Evil Omen is bad too, but their are trapped boxes. Although you are gonna take more damage when that spell hits you.

Fixes to make necro more balanced:
1) Reduce the skill requirement for remove curse to zero so that humans can cast it with 50% success rate with zero skill. (sounds crappy but it allows a counter to strangle/Evil Omen and corpse skin)
2) Change the casting time of necro spells so that they are slower. (tends to affect the pvm base so they will be mad)
3) Change Evil Omen, Strangle and Corpse Skin so they can't be used in pvp. (Eneny of one can't nor can perfection! )
4) Change the affects of the spell in pvp (half the effects of Evil Omen in pvp, Half the effects of Corpse skin and shorten the duration of Strangle)

Lots of ways to balance just have to decide which way to go.

Meanwhile I will continue to play my Archer/Mage/Necro and enjoy the overpoweredness of it!

I

imported_Sarphus

It takes about 225 skill pts to make a necro as powerful as someone with 80 chiv... yeah, that's balanced...

As for EO... I'm not really sure how I feel about it... I certianly like using it on people

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

Yep Necro is one of the most overpowered skill sets in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]<blockquote><hr>

A straight necro is not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Contradiction.

<blockquote><hr>

It is the fact that you can couple necro spells with magery spells.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can also couple it with AI spamming dexxers. Or anything else for that matter.

<blockquote><hr>

If anything Strangle is the most powerful spell against a mage. (you get 1 apple, great) after that you have to deal with the interuptions.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can also get damage removal talismans, chivalry, timing, protection, pots.

<blockquote><hr>

Evil Omen is bad too, but their are trapped boxes. Although you are gonna take more damage when that spell hits you.

[/ QUOTE ]
It depends on what they couple it with but in most cases you can easily counter it.

Your list of fixes are all nerfs. Nerfs are not balance. Necro on it's own isn't overpowered. Necro+mage is 465 skill points, for over half of your template it SHOULD be effective. If it wasn't then there'd be no point having it.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It takes about 225 skill pts to make a necro as powerful as someone with 80 chiv... yeah, that's balanced...

As for EO... I'm not really sure how I feel about it... I certianly like using it on people

[/ QUOTE ]

most people run with 90-95 necro and 120 ss. thats all you need.
exactly right. necro is 2 powerful. and chiv is only balanced on blues with karma. the spells need tweaked or casting needs tweaked etc.