• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Spell the Dev's Should of Fixed...

G

Evil Omen. No other spell in the game completely negates 120.0 Points in a skill. Plus Evil Omen also only takes 11 Mana (7 Mana with 40% LMC) to cast, and it takes 1 Second (0.5 Secs with 2 FC) to cast, making it almost impossible to interrupt.

Currently, if you're hit with an Evil Omen, and then a Poison, their is practically no chance whatsoever to resist the poison, even if you have 120.0 Resist skill. Plus it also bumps the Poison Level by 1.
Normally Paralyze only affects you for 1 Second at most with 120.0 Resist, Evil Omen will make that Paralyze last alot longer, long enough for the opponent to X-Field you, which is why Dart Trapped Boxes are almost mandatory in PvP nowadays, even on people with 120.0 Resist.
Normally, a person with 120.0 Resist would not even be affected by Mana Vampire, yet after being hit with an Evil Omen, they can expect a Mana Vampire to take a good chunk out of their' Mana (If not all of it), and give it to the caster. My Macer has 110.0 Resist/91 Mana, and awhile back i was hit with a Evil Omen+Mana Vampire, and watched all 91 Mana be consumed by the caster.

They need to make it to where you can resist Evil Omen, and have the chance based on the target's Resist skill vs the caster's Spirit Speak skill. Could add an extra tick or 2 to the casting time as well. -25% to Resist skill would be alot better then -50%, considering a person with 120.0 Resist would then go down to 90.0 Resist, and still have SOME chance to Resist the next spell.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

Id rather the dev team reduce the chiv casting cap from 4 to 2... a chiv dexer with high intelligence and 40% LMC can literally never take enough damage from any other spell casting character... and never run out of mana.

it should take timing on the players part to execute any move in this game... currently, I can instantly heal/cure/remove curse or fight someone who can. If my damage output isn't on par with their ability to heal... how on earth am I supposed to fight them? I can't counter the move (its undisruptable) and I can't do enough damage to the player to negate it...

Its like fighting a warrior with .5 second bandages... really aggravating.

G

Evil Omen
Words of Power: Pas Tym An Sanct
Reagents: BW, NC
Casting Time: 1 second
Mana Cost: 11
Effect: Be it a strike from a sword or the sting of a spell, the next bad thing that happens to the receiver of this curse will be worse. The player affected by this spell:

will receive a +25% increase from the next source of damage.

will receive a +1 boost to the level of poison the next time they are poisoned

will only have 50% of their Resist Spells skill the next time they try to resist a spell.

Even you got to admit that Evil Omen is an overpowered spell, +25% Dam Inc/+1 Poison Level/-50% Resist skill, and only takes 7 Mana and 0.5 Secs on any Necro in a decent suit. I mean hell, people put 100.0 skillpoints into Inscrip just for the 10% extra damage with spells, when Evil Omen (which requires 20.0 Necro) adds +25% Damage, why you see Exp+FS+Evil Omen combos a bit, if timed right, the Evil Omen hits between the Exp and FS, and boosts the FS damage.

I don't have much of a problem with the Damage Increase, but i do have a problem with the -50% Resist Skill. That makes almost any spell impossible to Resist. Hell, they could even knock it down to -25% Resist skill, at least then a 120.0 would go down to 90.0, and still have some chance to Resist the next spell.

I do have a Necro/Mage. I've fought against Necro/Mages with my other chars, and i've fought using my Necro/Mage, so i understand how ridiculous and overpowered Evil Omen can be.

G

But you should also realize that this is the only good spell for dealing with someone who has 120 resist. Without a good spell to help anyone with 120 resist could mow through a pile of mages in seconds. I know I went on test and took out a whole group of mages without healing once and all because none of them had necro that or they never cast evil omen on me. Seriously it was a massacre in a matter of moments.

I went back a day later and got my ass handed to me because someone evil omen paralyzed me.

Sure I still had a chance against this person because they couldn't keep me in place long even with evil omen and I did kill them more times than they killed me but they were able to kill me because of that spell alone.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

what??? 120 resist protects against poison, para, and mana drain/vamp. It doesn't make you invincible against mages.

G

do you need SS to make EO effective, or does it work without SS?

G

It works without SS. Why a Nox Mage can put on a Midnight Bracers, and some Necro Jewelry and not only make his Poison bump from DP to Lethal, but also make it impossible to Resist.

I

imported_xStrikerx

@ PlayerSkill: You can just chug a GCure pot for the poison. And according to stratics, the formula for mana vamp is (Eval Int - Target Resisting spells) so with both at 120 with EO on, you should not be vamped for more than 60 mana.

@ Mechanic: SS isnt needed, but the duration of EO will be only a few seconds with 0 SS

@ Doomsday: How many mages were there? If 3 or more, they are some crappy mages, if they all targeted you with explode/fs you would have been dead

G

I've both been at the delivering end of a Evil Omen, and the recieving end of a Evil Omen, and yes, Evil Omen is overpowered. There's no other skill/spell in the entire game that so effectively negates 120.0 points of a skill. After you get hit by a Evil Omen, you might as well not even have Resist skill.

Have 120.0 Resist, but get hit with an Evil Omen then a Poison, you have 0% chance at resisting the Poison. Get hit with Evil Omen then Pain Spike, that normally 16 damage Pain Spike becomes 26 damage, a very fast combo. Get hit with Evil Omen then Blood Oath, that Blood Oath will last alot longer and you'll take alot more damage back, since Resist acts as not only duration reduction, but damage reduction as well. Get hit with Evil Omen+Paralyze, you're stuck for awhile unless you got a Dart Trapped Box. Get hit with Evil Omen+Mana Vampire, say bye bye to a huge chunk of your Mana.

Evil Omen is the Anti-Resist spell. It casts so fast with FC 2, that it's almost impossible to Disrupt. It can easily fit into Combos and such. What i'm suggesting is not a "Nerf it to [censored]" change, but a more reasonable change, a change that has been asked for several times by PvPers, even by Necros like me who understand how overpowered it is. Making Evil Omen resistable and making it do -25% Resist skill will not kill it, it would still be in use, but not be so overpowered to where it negates Resist.

G

"You can just chug a GCure pot for the poison"

And as soon as you do, you get Poisoned again.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya evil omen is the bomb. i have a great necro but i have a non-necro too.

tonight i must of fought a scribe necro mage.

got corpse, fs, omen. 60 pts.

ya id say thats fair.

the speed it takes to cast evil omen is one of the BIGGGGGGest problems in spell casting in the game.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

I find it ironic that people are saying it isn't overpowered. The duration is rediculous with EO + Para

However the paralyzing spell should be buffed up a bit vs resist. Maybe the duration increased a bit, but definately not amped up by EO. Also Para blows should be fixed. Para blows suppose to be 3 seconds PvP and 6 seconds PvM and not effected by resist. After AOS it was changed to the spell formula.

C

Crystilastmous

<blockquote><hr>

Evil Omen. No other spell in the game completely negates 120.0 Points in a skill. Plus Evil Omen also only takes 11 Mana (7 Mana with 40% LMC) to cast, and it takes 1 Second (0.5 Secs with 2 FC) to cast, making it almost impossible to interrupt.

Currently, if you're hit with an Evil Omen, and then a Poison, their is practically no chance whatsoever to resist the poison, even if you have 120.0 Resist skill. Plus it also bumps the Poison Level by 1.
Normally Paralyze only affects you for 1 Second at most with 120.0 Resist, Evil Omen will make that Paralyze last alot longer, long enough for the opponent to X-Field you, which is why Dart Trapped Boxes are almost mandatory in PvP nowadays, even on people with 120.0 Resist.
Normally, a person with 120.0 Resist would not even be affected by Mana Vampire, yet after being hit with an Evil Omen, they can expect a Mana Vampire to take a good chunk out of their' Mana (If not all of it), and give it to the caster. My Macer has 110.0 Resist/91 Mana, and awhile back i was hit with a Evil Omen+Mana Vampire, and watched all 91 Mana be consumed by the caster.

They need to make it to where you can resist Evil Omen, and have the chance based on the target's Resist skill vs the caster's Spirit Speak skill. Could add an extra tick or 2 to the casting time as well. -25% to Resist skill would be alot better then -50%, considering a person with 120.0 Resist would then go down to 90.0 Resist, and still have SOME chance to Resist the next spell.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also need Magery Skill, Spirit Speak, and Eval intelligence for all of those situations to work.... So..... we're talking 300 skill points if all are gm? 360 if all are legendary?

It is like saying, because a dexxer can armor ignore it should be nerfed. That takes only 190 skill points to do =(.

Necromancy was intended to supplement the magery skill. No need to nerf EO it isn't over powered. It may also be removed by remove curse or an apple

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Also Para blows should be fixed. Para blows suppose to be 3 seconds PvP and 6 seconds PvM and not effected by resist. After AOS it was changed to the spell formula.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you can spam the move until your opponents dead?

no thanks... sometimes I like to actually think there's a little bit of player talent thats required to play our characters. Stop trying to bring me back to reality.

A

AncientGeek

It's true, especially with para. But at the same time the template you're talking about has necro, spirit speak, magery, eval, poison. After everything is scrolled up that leaves about 160 points to divide between meditation, a weapon skill or wrestle and resist. Either way they're missing out on something important, most likely using a staff of magi and low med, and in any event they have to be within three tiles to poison you, so it's not like the combo is coming without cost. I doubt it's worth the massive point investment of something like 560 points to cast LP just to have someone counter it with a pot (zero points).

On the other hand, para ganking and the whole trap-box fiasco is a sad running joke evil omen or no.

D

davebobbit

Oh jeez, so what is it? Wither or Evil Omen that is "OMG THE MOST OVERPOWERED SPELL IN THE UNIVERSE"??

Is everyone just hacked off at necro's or what?

I

imported_mr.blackmage

necro has been an issue ever since they added fc untested.

C

Connor_Graham

"The Spell the Dev's Should of Fixed"

Should be:

"The Spell the Dev's Should HAVE Fixed"

That said...

What the hell is with all the damn nerf this and nerf that lately? Necros have been in the game for years, and all of a sudden they're the most overpowered thing in the game. There haven't been any new skills, spells or abilities added in over 2 years, yet all of a sudded there's more wrong with the game than immediately after a new expansion.

*gets out a chainsaw and cuts the Nerf Forest down so no more bats can be made*

Sheesh....

G

<blockquote><hr>

"The Spell the Dev's Should of Fixed"

Should be:

"The Spell the Dev's Should HAVE Fixed"

That said...

What the hell is with all the damn nerf this and nerf that lately? Necros have been in the game for years, and all of a sudden they're the most overpowered thing in the game. There haven't been any new skills, spells or abilities added in over 2 years, yet all of a sudded there's more wrong with the game than immediately after a new expansion.

*gets out a chainsaw and cuts the Nerf Forest down so no more bats can be made*

Sheesh....

[/ QUOTE ]

Since aos how many skills/spells have been balanced? since aos how many skills/spells have not yet been balanced to keep pace with the balanced ones?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
There hasn't been a complete PVP overhaul re-balance since Publish 25 on July 12 2004. That was almost 4 years ago and just 1 year after Age of Shadows. So they didn't suddenly become this way, they have been this unbalanced for 4 years.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
There hasn't been a complete PVP overhaul re-balance since Publish 25 on July 12 2004. That was almost 4 years ago and just 1 year after Age of Shadows. So they didn't suddenly become this way, they have been this unbalanced for 4 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 years and you guys are just now noticing it? Hrmm...

And what happened to the "PvP is more balanced now than it has been in years" that's been spouted lately? I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick of PvP crap messing up PvM.

When PvP'rs are walking around with 5 digit HP totals, then the systems can mirror each other. Until then, leave the PvP adjustments in Fel and leave the PvM side the [censored] alone.

G

<blockquote><hr>

4 years and you guys are just now noticing it? Hrmm...

And what happened to the "PvP is more balanced now than it has been in years" that's been spouted lately?

[/ QUOTE ]
It can take a couple months before a PVP unbalance becomes very clear. By that time the developers have released their expansion, fixed the major issues and moved on. So we get stuck with things like this. It has been very apparent for a long time but the developers have only dealt with PVP issues in a piecemeal fashion since Publish 25.

It is true that PVP is more balanced than it has been in years, but that is because of last summer's changes which fixed a couple issues that have been around for years. Being more balanced does not mean anywhere near ideally balanced.

C

Connor_Graham

"It can take a couple months before a PVP unbalance becomes very clear......It has been very apparent for a long time......last summer's changes"

So, almost a year to discover that something that's been around for more than 4 yrs has problems in PvP? You say "apparent for a long time" yet this is the first time it's been brought to light like this.

The contradictions don't lend themselves well towards credibility.

Seems more to me like a neverending Rock/Paper/Scissors fiasco than anything else.

G

PVP will always need to be looked at and balanced as long as UO keeps changing. There has not been a full PVP rebalance examination since the last 2 expansions, both of which added many things affecting player combat. The changes last summer mostly fixed issues introduced with Samurai Empire 3 years before. Of the 31 bullet points, 15 involved Samurai Empire additions.

C

Connor_Graham

"PVP will always need to be looked at and balanced as long as UO keeps changing."

That's just it. Aside from the introduction of the Greater Dragons, there hasn't been any kind of change that would have caused any particular spell to become unbalanced recently. Anything that's being discussed has been in the game, as I said, for years now, but all of a sudden it's overpowered. It's this kind of non stop BS complaining that has messed up so many things on the PvM side, and frankly, I'm sick of PvP'rs jacking up the part of the game that I play. Half the time it's someone that can't figure out how to beat something, so they complain about it and hope if they complain loud enough someone will listen.

This is exactly why my archer now runs out of mana within the first few seconds of a fight. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop when my dexxer gets stabled again like he had been for over 2 years after warriors got nerfed into worthlessness.

N

Nadirian_Wrath

It didn't "suddenly" become an issue. They implement crap systems. Ignore the pvpers who call it crap. Then fix it years later after many have quit.

Examples

4/6 40 sdi mages
80hci 1 hit dexers
4 AIs / sec
90 dmg WOD
100 dmg crits
Perfection in pvp
Teliport + target self escape
Fire and Forget
Nox boxes turning leathal to lesser
Blues attacking blues then giving counts if they die
80% evade

PS when is the last time they have banned a user for speedhacking?

They don't give much of a [censored] about pvp

ATLPvPer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evil Omen is ENTIRELY unbalanced. The largest reason is its casting speed, it casts as quick as weaken.

Lets look at the two spells.
EO - Takes away 50% of your resisting spells (60 skill points.), +25% damage, +1 level of poison.
weaken - Usually around -6 str.

Yea, but it is balanced...right??? The only ones who are claiming it is balanced are those who play a necro mage and are having success because of its unbalanced nature.

G

I would point out that there was a massive re-examination of PvP balance and game balance in general. Diminishing returns? Proficiencies? These were not only balance, they were ideas aimed at preemptively addressing future imbalances. But the community promptly rose up in mass revolt. I don't want to reopen the wounds of those battles, but I think it's unfair to say that rebalancing was never looked at.

G

With 120 resist shouldn't I be able to resist evil omen? To me that would make more sense. So instead of fixing evil omen lets fix resisting spells so that anything over 110 has a chance to resist evil omen and at 120 you have a 90 or 95% to resist evil omen completely.

At the very least I would love to see that go to test center for a day lol.

G

The problem with Evil Omen has existed since AoS came out. I just proposed this now to bring it to the attention of the devs since they are seeming to pay SOME attention to PvP, with the changes to petballs, and the fix they're gonna implement for the exploit that lets people walk through para fields.

And since when do you see people use Evil Omen in PvM? Seriously? When's the last time you saw someone cast Evil Omen on a monster? I've only seen it a couple times since AoS came out. I have cast Evil Omen once on a Rotting Corpse to 1/2 his uber high Resist so i could cast Corpse Skin on him to make him take more damage from Fire to kill him faster. I'd think you'd be happy to hear that you'd have a chance to resist that Skele Drag's Evil Omen, so that FS he was casting wouldn't hurt so much.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Nadir said, most of these issues aren't all of a sudden being uncovered, they have been in game, and causing problems since their introduction and changes, but nothing has ever been done about them. Anything on Nadirs list, are complaints we've seen for a long time, but never touched.

It's just not a case of not being able to beat it, therefore we complain. Granted, there is a ton of morons that come to this forum, and do just that, but there is just as many people with arguements that can be backed up, with suggestions to change it, make it more viable and balanced.

I don't think it's unreasonable for some requests to be attended too immiedietly seeing as they are pretty much game breaking. Re: 4/6 casting / Spell Evasion.

These were in game for MONTHS, and simply caused irreversable damage to the pvp scene. I have absolutely no idea who even thought of these ideas, but they clearly did not pvp. These were slipped in, with almost 0 say, and 0 chance for anyone to oppose them. I mean seriously, is it any wonder there was such an outcry regarding the arch cure change given the history.

G

I play a Necro/Mage, and even i understand how overpowered it is. Since i both play as a Necro/Mage at times, and fight against Necro/Mages with other chars, i can see both sides of the field. Evil Omen doesn't even take a buttload of skillpoints to use. All it takes to cast is 20.0 Necro, which can easily be surpassed by Midnight Bracers+Necro Jewelry, giving someone with 0.0 Real Necro a good chance at casting it. I've used it with my Nox Mage before to boost my DP to Lethal, it also makes it impossible to Resist. EO may only last a few secs with 0.0 SS, but a few secs is all you need.

G

Exactly. Do you see anything overly nerfing about making Evil Omen resistable based on the difference between caster's SS and target's Resist? Do you see it over nerfed as making Evil Omen do -25% Resist instead of -50% Resist, that would still drop a 120.0 Resist person to 90.0 Resist, where they would have a small chance to Resist the next incoming spell. Do you see it as over nerfing to add an extra tick or 2 (0.25 secs a tick) to casting time, making Evil Omen require 0.75 secs or 1 Sec to cast with 2 FC? I do not, this would balance out Evil Omen quite well, for it would still be useful enough to be in use, but not abused to the point it is now.

D

David of FL

Remove the -Resist Spells portion of EO and it would be fine.

I have 120 resist on 4 of my pvpers, yet I still have to carry a stupid trapped box because of 1 spell, that's "F"ed up.

P.S. Connor, go back to killing the same stupid AI you've been killing for the last 2 years and stay out of pvp threads.

C

Connor_Graham

"As Nadir said, most of these issues aren't all of a sudden being uncovered, they have been in game, and causing problems since their introduction"

Yet it's 4 years+ later, and just now being brought into light....

Like I said, it doesn't lend well to the credibility of an issue. For something that's supposedly so grossly overpowering, and such a deathtrap, I would think that it would have been brought into the spotlight well before now, yet strangely, that's not the case...

Again, like I said, it lends more to the Rock/Paper/Scissors theory than anything else, and this usually leads to a change that ends up hitting PvM harder than it does PvP.

I'd think that with the PvP brain trust here that ya'll would get together, put together a comprehensive list with documentation to prove each, and suggestions on how to fix, then present the solution as a whole. Yet, we get this piecemeal crap that leads to one nerf after another, after another with no end in sight, and it's us on the Tram side of the moongate that are taking it up the a$$ every time one of these changes goes into effect.

I'd still like to know what was so overpowering in PvM for someone with Chiv and Bushido to be able to cast EoO, DF &amp; CW with no delay, and have LS toggled on at the same time. All that did was end up spending even more mana from an already small and intensively used mana pool, and that's just one example. I could come up with quite a few more.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You think that we haven't tried with regards to documentation and so forth? Hell we've even tried working with dev teams in the past, but for whatever reason, the proposed changes worked on were reverted, ignored or tweaked for whatever reason. Everything on Nadir's list, has already been discussed with dev team members in the past, but nothing has been done. It has also been posted on numerous forums - not just these, with sufficient documentation and reasoning, yet we still see them in game.

Also, some of these problems, we worked with Hanse on in p25, yet for whatever reason, they were changed at a later date. Question remains, why?

<blockquote><hr>

Again, like I said, it lends more to the Rock/Paper/Scissors theory than anything else,

[/ QUOTE ]

No really it doesn't. We aren't talking about template x being simply better than template y. We are talking about GAME BALANCING issues. There is a huge difference between the two, and I'm fairly confident I can distinguish between someone beating me, because their template is a counter to mine, and beating me because I simply can't combat 4 AI's in a row(example)

G

You're talking about PvP changes that affected PvM. The change to Evil Omen i'm suggesting would not affect PvM whatsoever, but would help balance a over-powered spell. Evil Omen has been over powered since it came out with AoS, yet you didn't see posts about it on UHall everyday because us PvPers thought it would be a waste of time as it would fall on the deaf ears of the Devs. Now that the Devs are appearing to show SOME attention to PvP, we might as well bring up the point of Evil Omen on UHall, in a likely vain attempt to get them to listen and balance it.

Only a small percentage of monsters even have Necro, and only a small amount of that percentage has the casting AI that allows them to use EO. Certain Necro casting creatures, such as Liches and Lich Lords, have Necro, but are incapable of casting EO/BO/Revenant.
Plus, like i said before, Evil Omen is not even really used against monsters in PvM.

5% Luck

The duration, even 120 SS vs 0 resist is still minimal. I dont see how its over powered at all. Yes when we get to "use" it it works great but, with such a small timer on it, it barely gets used. gm ss vs gm resist its like 2 seconds! Not very long at all. Thats the balance!

D

David of FL

EO followed by a Para lasts a hell of a lot longer than 2 secs. In fact it lasts long enough for someone to cast two E-fields, go get a drink, watch a sitcom then come back and kill the trapped person.

As for Connor, trust me if the stupid AI he's accustomed to fighting started chaining EO and Para back to back, he'd be the first person on here demanding it be changed.

G

2 Secs is all it takes to get the next spell off, if not less. And no, it lasts alot longer than 2 secs against GM Resist, it lasts long enough for someone to run a bit aways from me and cast a Mana Vampire on my Macer who has 110.0 Resist.

5% Luck

Not the para after the eo but the EO its self.

Get some resist spells buddy!

It has a smaller window compared to other curses. Read up the EO duration and compare it to strangle or blood oath or even mind rot. It has the shortest duration of any necro curse!

Not only that but on its own It has no effect.

G

EO is the pre-cursor to a Status spell usually. It's used as a buffer for them. It makes Status spells such as Poison/Paralyze/Mana Vampire/Blood Oath impossible to resist, and boost's their duration/effect, as well as adding damage % to the next direct damage attack, whether it be from weapon or spell. 2 Seconds are more than enough to get the next spell off, if not, then you're not timing your' spells right. Evil Omen+Poison is most used in Mage Duels, and Evil Omen+Paralyze is used in ganks.

C

Connor_Graham

"P.S. Connor, go back to killing the same stupid AI you've been killing for the last 2 years and stay out of pvp threads. "

David, worry about your own posts and I'll worry about mine. It's BS PvP complaints that keep messing with the "same stupid AI" that I enjoy, so as soon as they stop making changes that affect both sides of the moongate, and make them so they only affect one, then I'll stop posting in these kind of threads.

Until then, you may as well get used to seeing my name. I think it would be pretty much obvious to everyone by now that I'm going to post wherever I feel like, and on whatever topic. If you don't like it, there's always the handy dandy ignore feature. Feel free to use it at your leisure.

C

Connor_Graham

"didn't see posts about it on UHall everyday because us PvPers thought it would be a waste of time as it would fall on the deaf ears of the Devs."

That's never stopped anyone from complaining before. I'll believe that one as soon as I see a flock of pigs flying south for the winter...

It's always the same thing...something gets changed, then it's "let's move on to the next thing that I lose to constantly". What will it take for everyone to realize that there is NO way to "balance" UO PvP? Not as long as any skill can combine with any other will there be balance. There will always be one template that does more damage in one way than another, and another template that does more damage in another way, or yet another that may be better with field PvP, or another better with one on one. As soon as whatever is considered to be "the strongest" or "most powerful" or "most overpowered" thing is changed, there will ALWAYS be another one in line that is now going to be the top of the heap, and so on, and so on, and so on....

Unless you're willing to go with hard caps or diminishing returns (or something that's equal across the board) on EVERYTHING (which is what's happening if you take a look at past history, HCI, DCI, SSI, amount of damage done, etc...), you're not going to have balance, and it's going to keep jacking with the blue side of the moongate. Frankly, I'm sick of ya'lls' side messing with mine.

D

David of FL

<blockquote><hr>

It's BS PvP complaints that keep messing with the "same stupid AI" that I enjoy

[/ QUOTE ]

No what's BS is that thanks to poor choices by the people in charge of this game and an utter disregard for MY playstyle, we get things like 100+ AI's, 100+ critical hits, WoD, Evasion, EO+Para, etc, etc.

You'll get no sympathy from me for the no skill PvM playstyle that exists in this game. Oh poor little trammy has to hit a demon 5 times instead of 1 time to kill it.......poor little trammy.

Get a clue you no skill trammy archer. No PvPer came here and asked to hose up PvM. We simply ask for the devs to consider OUR PLAYSTYLE before skills and items are introduced into the game.

G

Connor, i don't see why you chose this particular thread to say you're sick about PvP Changes "messing up" PvM, ESPECIALLY considering the change to Evil Omen that i'm suggesting does not affect PvM WHATSOEVER.
Evil Omen's over poweredness is only used/exploited in PvP, not PvM.

C

Connor_Graham

"Get a clue you no skill trammy archer."

You forgot:

Trammy Legendary Fencer/Macer/Swordsman Dexxer
Trammy Legendary Mage
Trammy (soon to be) Legendary Bard/Tamer
Trammy Legendary/GM EVERY Crafting skill

Unlike you, I'm concerned about MOST of the game, not just one small niche.

As far as the "no skill" comment, well, I don't even have to comment on that typical "12 yr old comeback" type comment. My own track record speaks for itself.

"You'll get no sympathy from me for the no skill PvM playstyle that exists in this game."

You should give that a little more thought. If PvM gets so jacked up that the majority of the PvM'rs quit, then UO goes bye bye, even if EVERY SINGLE PvP'r stays with the game. We're the majority of the players. You're in the minority. Either keep us happy and continuing to play the game, or you can go play the cookie cutter PvP in the other games because you won't have UO PvP to complain about anymore.

"Oh poor little trammy has to hit a demon 5 times instead of 1 time to kill it"

Show me a paragon Balron that can be killed in even 5 hits, much less one.

Maybe you should stick to discussing PvP and stay away from knocking on PvM if you can't even do it accurately.