• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Official 2008 Faction Bugs Thread

• Thread starter Sergul'zan_SP
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sergul'zan_SP

This thread is dedicated to providing the developers with information on what aspects of the faction system are broke. This is *NOT* a feature request thread, so please keep your posts to currently existing bugs in the faction system. Off topic posts and feature requests will be deleted by moderators.

I will update the list periodically based on posts, so please do not post any bugs that are already on the list. When you state a bug, please give as much information as possible.

Here's to making factions a better place for everybody!

Faction Bases

*Borders and stronghold features need to be checked for consistency among the shards (Example: TB Porticullus).

*Ghost cannot currently exit the Shadowlords base. <VERIFIED>

*Line-of-Sight forbids casting of field spells any further than a distance of one tile away on the CoM Bridge. (Thanks, Tina Small!) <VERIFIED>

*Fields casted on the CoM Bridge (within one tile) fall through the bridge and do not span 5 tiles. (Thanks, Tina Small!). <VERIFIED>

*The "secret" entrance to the CoM base (through the while shortly before the corner turning towards the sigil "room") is no longer passable. <VERIFIED>

Faction Guilds

*When guilds exit the faction, there are instances where members are receiving faction robes every time they log on as if they were joining. This appears to only happen to certain members of certain guilds. <VERIFIED>

Faction Towns

*Faction vendors do not disappear when the town is captured by an opposing faction. <VERIFIED>

*Townstones do not let the Commanding Lord access the menu to appoint a new Finance Minister or Sheriff under certain unknown circumstances. A GM must be paged to make it function as intended. <VERIFIED>

*Faction Commanding Lords are unable to transfer silver from the faction stones to the town coffers. (Thanks, UltimatePower!) <VERIFIED>

*Faction Commanding Lords can transfer silver from the faction stones to town coffers if and only if the town is stealable and they do not control the town. (Thanks, Danny85331!) <VERIFIED>

General Bugs

*Sigils cannot be transported across the Skara Brae ferry. <VERIFIED>

*Factioneers killed by an opposing faction member do not suffer stat loss when killed in the Heartwood. (Thanks, Kelmo!) <VERIFIED>

I

imported_Tina Small

It is difficult or impossible to cast field spells or EVs on the bridge leading into the COM faction stronghold. (I think you get a message like, "You cannot see that" when you try to target a bridge tile.)

Is it a bug to be able to bring guards into the COM and TB strongholds? Has this always been possible? (If this isn't a bug and just the way things work, feel free to ignore my comment. I haven't played UO long enough to know if this has always been possible or only became possible some time after factions was introduced.)

Is the bug where a commanding lord couldn't transfer silver to a town their faction controlled fixed yet? I think that bug popped up in June last year and I don't know if it ever got fixed.

I

imported_Tina Small

I think there are also some issues for people using KR (e.g., when you walk into some of the strongholds like the Minax one, the "roof" doesn't disappear from view). Hoping a guildmate will post a screenshot to verify this one because it's a pretty ridiculous one.

G

Here's the picture of the Minax base in KR that Tina was speaking about. For those of us attempting to try KR this makes it difficult.

I'm standing underneath and cannot see a thing.

R

Rex Mundi

When i try to use the faction sign up stones i get a "you must wait to perform another action" message. I dont get the gump asking me to join, or a message telling me i can't join. This bug just seems to be character specific.

I

imported_Tina Small

All the faction strongholds need a thorough examination and possibly some "repairs" to eliminate spots where it is possible to use the "z-axis" exploit to get into the stronghold without going through the normal entrance. I am aware of at least one weak stronghold wall and will provide a screenshot to the developers if they want it.

I

imported_Tina Small

The entrances to the COM strongholds (and possibly the TB strongholds) need to be reviewed and repaired to make it impossible to stack gas and other types of traps in the same vertical space. The faction stronghold "borders" and other features of the strongholds (e.g., the portcullis in the TB stronghold) should also be reviewed for consistency across shards.

I

imported_Cardell

I'm not sure if this has been fixed, I'd rather not try and find out myself. Anyway,if you log in Heartwood or any of the newer areas you lose all your points. It may be if you log as a ghost or in stat, I forget the exact situation but I lost 20+ points a while back by this, as did a guildie of mine.

Also these newer areas do not recognize factions at all, so you cannot remount a horse if you dismount and you get an 'unknown' title.

G

Good stuff there. Heartwood is all around screwed for factions. You do not go into stat loss in Heartwood when killed by an oppossing factioneer. I have tested this.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not sure if this has been fixed, I'd rather not try and find out myself. Anyway,if you log in Heartwood or any of the newer areas you lose all your points. It may be if you log as a ghost or in stat, I forget the exact situation but I lost 20+ points a while back by this, as did a guildie of mine.

Also these newer areas do not recognize factions at all, so you cannot remount a horse if you dismount and you get an 'unknown' title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cardell - By points do you mean kill points? Please everyone keep an eye out for this issue, I can't verify it as I don't have any kill points
. I'd like to have a little more specific information before I post this.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

The entrances to the COM strongholds (and possibly the TB strongholds) need to be reviewed and repaired to make it impossible to stack gas and other types of traps in the same vertical space. The faction stronghold "borders" and other features of the strongholds (e.g., the portcullis in the TB stronghold) should also be reviewed for consistency across shards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in agreement with the traps issue (yet another sign of the age we play in...), but I think that's more of a feature request. I can't find anyplace that says you shouldn't currently be able to do that.

The inconsistency among shards has been noted.

I

imported_Cardell

Yes, my score/kill points disappeared. When you log back in, in heartwood it doesn't recognize the factions, so im guessing it just doesn't load you points and they just get reset, I'm actually curious to see if it resets you from negative points. Ill test this out and get back to you.

What shard are you on, I could let you kill me so you get a point and can try it yourself.

I

imported_Cardell

Yeah, this bug struck again, Bo Hunter of GL logged in Heartwood and lost like 20 points. fyi..

G

Non-faction characters can cast Spellweaving spells such as Wild Fire and Essence of Wind into faction zones which they should not be able to.

The whole Minax base is able to be heavily griefed by non-faction characters due to there only being one defensible position and the faction zone sits just outside it.

There is an exploit (which I am surprised no one mentioned in over 3 years) where non-faction guilds can perform beneficial acts on allied faction guilds.

G

no that's not a bug or an exploit its a code issue and one that is negligible at best.

M

maximus3

crafting is also not enabled anymore or? i had tested it 3 months ago on drachenfels, there it wasnt possible to craft a blessed robe or sash. the gump opens but nothing happend.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

crafting is also not enabled anymore or? i had tested it 3 months ago on drachenfels, there it wasnt possible to craft a blessed robe or sash. the gump opens but nothing happend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maximus, I think the crafter may have to have at least GM skill and do the crafting in a town controlled by the faction that the crafter belongs to. I've never been able to experiment with it because the only crafter I have in factions is a tinker and I don't think there are any faction-blessed tinkered items that you can craft other than traps and trap removal kits.

If your crafter has GM skill in a craft, I believe you might also be able to go to the faction stone and declare that character as a crafter. I've been told that the advantage to doing that is that the character can then ride a war horse. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, though.

M

Mongbat Kid

faction sigils are going right into purification mode was corrupted on sigil posts.

F

frawsty

Currently you cannot attack someone in your faction with your pet. However, if your pet "goes blue" (you can re-green it with a guard command) the pet can flag if it's hit by a field from a same factioner. This doesn't seem like an intended effect but is also an issue when not in a faction but still works for guildies.

So I dunno if this is a bug or a request. If I had a choice, I would like to have it changed so pets can attack anyone because not everyone in the same faction is friendly. Casters and dexxers can attack same factioners but tamers cannot? Something isn't fair in that system.

B

Bama

Steal sigils, beat everyone off for four hours or more place sigils Invasion starts, invasion ends, Sigils revert to Shadowlords. They get the towns without winning or doing anything.

Guards being placed around trinsic teleporter from Magincia , one Way out when flagged and its a death trap.

Y

Yalp

Aye steal sigils, corrupt them at your stronghold, replace in towns per protocol. within a few hours they are able to be stolen and recorrupted by other factions.. what happened to the 3 days rule?

L

LIL DON

Aye steal sigils, corrupt them at your stronghold, replace in towns per protocol. within a few hours they are able to be stolen and recorrupted by other factions.. what happened to the 3 days rule?
The 3 days was replaced with i believe 6 hours with the War of Shadows invasion ongoing event.
1. It also made possible the millions of kills on the japanese shards.

2. On Legends the Minax faction is small but we have several alternates of COM toons and they are used solely for griefing purposes.
PROPOSAL: Make it so the CL could start the impeachment of a faction member and the faction can vote. If 2/3 or 3/4 majority vote yes they are kicked and can not rejoin for 3 months (or ever as far as i am concerned).
If a few checks and balances were added to with a faction voting system similar to the faction CL election on the stone it should keep explotation to a minimum.