• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

THE OFF TOPIC RL ARMORY THREAD

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://i32.***********/9kcgwg.jpg

AMD 65, with drum, german style folder. nasty, but fun.

S

SUPRsalad

to be shot 'from the hip' hehe, you need a strap for it. speaking of shooting from the hip... ever see one of these?

I can neither confirm nor deny being the proud owner of one of these things. *wink*
high-brass only tho man :( she ain't cheap to toy with.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to be shot 'from the hip' hehe, you need a strap for it. speaking of shooting from the hip... ever see one of these?

I can neither confirm nor deny being the proud owner of one of these things. *wink*
high-brass only tho man :( she ain't cheap to toy with.

lessee... appx 14 bucks a box for 25 4.10's(hi brass), 4 bucks a box for 5 slugs... crap load a cash for a **** ton o bang bang. nice
I say 4.10 due to the barrel, but they also come in 12 ga, 20 im not sure.
Who would think Daewoo made those.

S

SUPRsalad

Its 12ga. I didn't know they had a strait mag like that. . Mines a drum mag, and I think it holds 28 or 30 or so? The strait mag 'looks' pretty cool tho. The whole gun weighs in at around 30 or 40 lbs (fully loaded), so with a strap you can 'hip it' and cycle all 30 rds in less than 15 seconds. . . using 00, thats a whole **** load of lead in the air.

edit: i want a laser pointer for it.

S

SUPRsalad

Wow, I myself didn't even realize that daewoo made it. I second guessed you (again) and found myself corrected. (again)
man, you know your ****. you know more about MY weaps than I do . . . *feeling pathetic*

im not really a gun nut though.. I inherited most of them, and actually, im currently trying to get rid of most of them.
Guns are kinda like masturbating. . . yyyyyeah, its cool and everything, but nothing to brag about...

id like to narrow it down to about:

1 12ga rem
1 9mm sig
1 .357 taurus (though I think i wanna trade it too for a colt 45long)
1 .45 apc (family heirloom)
1 .223 rem (for *ahem* very small targets beyond 200 yards)
1 .270 (although, i'd trade it for something in the .308 cal or 25 o6 in a heartbeat)
1 .22 L (also a family heirloom)
and i've got this .357 marlin lever action, and two matching .22 colt model 1873s that were all my grandpas that I can't part with.

I know that seems like a big list, but you should see the list im getting rid of.

S

SUPRsalad

Lets test your knowledge again:

I do not own, but I really want this one. see if you can place a name on this one:

S

SUPRsalad

this is what i want instead of my .270 (im not really a hunter either)

baaaaaaaad maama-jaama!

edit: although, im pretty sure you can mount a scope and hunt with it too.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I do not own, but I really want this one. see if you can place a name on this one:

K-31 swiss from schmidt-rubin chambered for 7.5x55 also called 7.5 swiss.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

baaaaaaaad maama-jaama!

Many states you can use it for hunting, some limit rifles to a special season or not at all. Many require a limited mag capacity tho.
Most scope mounts for the m14 are "scout" style, meaning they mount forward of the chamber, requiring a long eye relief scope.
Jeff cooper started the scout rifle trend, give a google for scout and m14 i think you will love the ideas folks have.
http://i31.***********/2111k6e.jpg
this would be my personal fav setup. Modern but retains the old battle rifle feel.

S

SUPRsalad

K-31 swiss from schmidt-rubin chambered for 7.5x55 also called 7.5 swiss.
damn, can't believe you got that from just the pic. I got to mess with one and fell in love with it. the action is so cool.

baaaaaaaad maama-jaama!

Many states you can use it for hunting, some limit rifles to a special season or not at all. Many require a limited mag capacity tho.
Most scope mounts for the m14 are "scout" style, meaning they mount forward of the chamber, requiring a long eye relief scope.
Jeff cooper started the scout rifle trend, give a google for scout and m14 i think you will love the ideas folks have.
http://i31.***********/2111k6e.jpg
this would be my personal fav setup. Modern but retains the old battle rifle feel.
yeah, i've seen a ton of conversions and stuff. Frankly, i like the classic stock. Don't care if its heavy. (don't be a baby) and besides, you could smash someones head in with it if you ever needed to! :thumbsup:
Although i've heard of some of those conversions being pretty awesome.

Tell me again, why, in, the HELL did we stop using it?? (i know why, but seriously, I believe these to be superior to an m4, especially with the tricked out mods, but thats just me i guess. Im not into 'wounding' and at .308, theres not much 'wounding' to it. . )

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tell me again, why, in, the HELL did we stop using it?? not QUOTE]

From what I gather from friends coming from overseas, many of the ol' clubs are being reissued to devil dogs by quartermasters who would rather count spent casings than toe tags.
If they want 'newtech' at least give em hk94, g3's or somethin.
True or not I dunno, but I heard of a squad goin round with only SAW's and shotguns. Now them boys mean business.

S

SUPRsalad

WOOO! lol Squade autos and benelli shotguns. . . Could you imagine trying to firefight a group like that? *grimace*

Talk about suppressive firepower. That saw cycles rounds like nothing I have ever seen in my life.

M

Mession

Mwahah!

And I've got this one recently, havent bought any ammo or used it yet:

S

SUPRsalad

Damn, nice! Do you enjoy the glock? I almost got one, but went sig and I love it.

Wanna make a trade on yr 44?

S

SUPRsalad

WTF?! my frydee morning shoot-out at the range was short-lived (less than 5 minutes) this morning when my taurus357 broke itself! I thought at first I had a bad round, but then I noticed that it wouldn't revolved the chamber. You can see, one of the teeth is like, worn down? I've cycled less than 100rds through this thing, and I am PISSED off because its waaaaay past warranty, and we lost the receipt (its actually my wifes gun, I think it was a graduation present and my father-in-law is bad with papers :(
Advice please?

I know this picture is terribad, my camera sucks, but you get the idea? Any advice would be nice, I don't really have the funds to take it to a smith right now.

By [URL=http://profile.imagesh

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice cap and ball 44. love those.
I myself like the shorter model 44 mosin nagant but hey each to his own they all great. Save yourself some cash and check J&g sales for sealed tins of ammo for it. they shoot great and save you a S*&t ton of cash.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the wall of test to follow, but this is kinda why i started this thread.

Gemma take a look at the feed dog on the inside of your frame .(the piece that pushes the cylinder teeth.)
You have to semi cock gun to make it come out.
Is it damaged or heavy worn at all? If not a smith would have to probably change your cylinder out. I don't think any good smith would build it back up.

The question we are looking at is what caused the damage.
Whether a poor cylinder, a cartridge blocking it from turning(which has happened to me), or perhaps the lower catch that holds cylinder during firing didnt come down upon revolution.
Any of these 3 could be your culprit.
look for mashed areas on lower catch or feed dog. If they look fine i would say poor made cartridge, or weak cylinder metallurgy.
Does it cycle without cartidges in it?

I have 2 taurus revolvers, a 357/38 and a 45 lc. Both well over 20 years and several hundred (possibly 1k or more) rounds, and have very little wear to my cylinder teeth yet.
Wish i was closer i would stop by and take a look.
Don't fret tho. Any of these problems can be repaired relatively cheaply with little elbow grease and a screwdriver.
Being a landscaper, I assume you are somewhat mechanically inclined.
The stop and feed run about $10 each. Cylinder depends on model number.
Taurus does sell the cylinders, from tween 35-60 dollars depending on model.

S

SUPRsalad

Thanks for the advice again man. I think Ill call Taurus in the AM and see if they can just do me a solid.. after all, This thing has barely been shot, AND i was JUST about to buy one of them 4.10/44 mag tactical things from them.. Ill tell em that before we get started..

M

Mession

Sorry but im from Spain, so impossible to send/receive unless I do using the Spanish equivalent to the "FFL". Also, it is very expensive to export anything here!

Regarding the Taurus, as you're US I would call Taurus, I have heard they have very good support of their products.

I havent used a lot the Glock but yes, I like it ;) I was going to sell it to get a 1911 but I think im gona keep it.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spain has made some damn fine weapons.
As for the glock, Magazine capacity, simple operation, and ease of repair make it hard to beat. always thought they were ugly til i got chance to shoot one.
Comfortable and clean to weild.

S

SUPRsalad

Sorry but im from Spain, so impossible to send/receive unless I do using the Spanish equivalent to the "FFL". Also, it is very expensive to export anything here!

Regarding the Taurus, as you're US I would call Taurus, I have heard they have very good support of their products.

I havent used a lot the Glock but yes, I like it ;) I was going to sell it to get a 1911 but I think im gona keep it.
yeah, i wouldn't trade a glock for any make or model of 45 EVER. . They're cool, but they ain't no glock. .

M

Mession

Yep, its very easy to find replacements part for the Glock here, where we have a lot of gun control. It is still fugly, no matter how good the Glock is :lol:

S

SUPRsalad

yeah hehe, the grip looks like its made for fat men. whatever tho, function not fashion.

Hey Hak, I finished your sig. Tried to make it match your avatar somewhat in terms of color usage. Not sure how much you check pacific so here it is.
dont save and then repost if you like it, ill give you tags cus the formatting and stuff..

S

SUPRsalad

update:

got the day off and called taurus today. this very 'receptiony' lady answered the phone so i was ready to get the shaft.
i told her what was going on and she said:

just send it to this address with a brief description of the problem, well send you another one back.

seriously? why does this sound too good to be true?. . They just mail it to my house? Doesn't that seem strange, being that they didn't even ask for any paper-work or receipt or ANYTHING? I also feel a bit strange walking into the PO with a gun.. Even tho, its in a box, doesn't it seem kinda 'federal offensey'?

Should I insure it?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me save you a headache - You can't mail a handgun via the US Postal Service. You have to use a common carrier, such as UPS or FedEx, and notify them as to the contents of the package.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fine line on this. Insurance for sure. Post office is a no go.
I reccomend UPS. As it is a now nonfunctioning item, no longer capaple of firing a projective, I have been informed in some cases it can be listed as 'machined parts'.
Many don't ask what it is anyway.

S

SUPRsalad

wwow, i was JUST about to take it to usps just now, glad i checked this..

so... I think ill call UPS then..
Thanks for the save guys.

edit: one would have thought Taurus INT. would have told me this? wtf?

S

SUPRsalad

ssso, you can't take it to just ANY ups.
they told me i'd have to take it to 'the hub'. . whatever that is, its 60 miles away..
Theres gotta be an easier way to do this.. dealer??

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ssso, you can't take it to just ANY ups.
they told me i'd have to take it to 'the hub'. . whatever that is, its 60 miles away..
Theres gotta be an easier way to do this.. dealer??
Dealer could mail it for you, but he probably gonna get his cut too.
My Dad had a problem with a piece from hi point. Problem was it was made in 97 and had appx 140k rounds thru it, most of that bump fired. It had simply run out of juice. (btw not bad run for a $139 carbine that never so much as misfired or jammed.)
They asked him if it fired, he said no, firing pin welded inside bolt now. She (cust serv)told him use ups, mark it machined parts. Local radio shack accepted package, never asked what it was.

Not sure if they should have or what.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, lil anniversary today. My pappy got his hi point 9mm carbine back from the factory after rebuild.
10 years old or more now like new. To celebrate, broke it in with 50 rd box, then burned 1500 rounds through it.
Thank you Brandon for loading magazines.

Ironically i just read a post elsewhere that stated they were junk and would fall apart after 100-200 rounds,due to the price.
Same fellow recommended getting a Taurus as a lower priced alternative.
I bet Gemma would beg to differ on that.

S

SUPRsalad

nah, the customer service is good with taurus.. they're replacing the gun altogether..

I sent it to western CO with my mother-in-law, who lives right by a 'hub'..
should have my new pistol in like a month??

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nah, the customer service is good with taurus.. they're replacing the gun altogether..

I sent it to western CO with my mother-in-law, who lives right by a 'hub'..
should have my new pistol in like a month??
Pretty sweet deal.
Hey,Shoot 100 rounds, wreck it again, nother new gun. like immortality for weapons.

S

SUPRsalad

yeah, ill stress test it for sure.. had to have been a defect or something..

S

SUPRsalad

Hmm. Haven't posted on this in a while. No sense in letting this die:

I think I've decided that I want to sell most of my guns, to buy:

has anyone ever shot one?
Is there even a civilian-legal version? I saw a show about the stress-testing they put this thing through, and I now cannot die a complete man until I have owned one. Its truly amazing, and puts the m4/ar/m16 to shame in every single category..

Mishkam

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people that buy assault rifles are really hoping others will look at the big gun in their hands... and not the tiny little pea shooter below their belt buckles.

D

DevilHimself

yeah, i wouldn't trade a glock for any make or model of 45 EVER. . They're cool, but they ain't no glock. .
Saladtosser, are you even aware that the company of your adoration makes guns in .45? Probably not, because you're all "NINE MILLY YO!", but that's ok. Come back to OT.

D

DevilHimself

people that buy assault rifles are really hoping others will look at the big gun in their hands... and not the tiny little pea shooter below their belt buckles.
Small cock? Can't fight? BUY AN ASSAULT RIFLE AND SHOW THEM SRS BZNS!

Studly

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is there even a civilian-legal version? I saw a show about the stress-testing they put this thing through, and I now cannot die a complete man until I have owned one. Its truly amazing, and puts the m4/ar/m16 to shame in every single category..
that looks like a toy

Mishkam

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I bet you want to drive a hummer too dontcha tiny?
from now on.. I dub thee..... "TheAngryInch"

D

DevilHimself

Bow down to the one you serve, you're gonna get what you deserve.

S

SUPRsalad

Fun while it lasted.. Looks like the OT turds are after me again..
They love to label, and categorize, but always miss their marks.. pretty much always.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People who use the net to be ******bags, are why other people own guns.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rand al thor say's 'no'.
i now turn to you, hakeem..
At present, no civilian model exists.(good call rand)
MY personal preference is far away from the Stoner multi lug bolt-cram-the reciever-full-of-gas-and-fouling designs.
I just think hi precision parts should not be where you vent all the crap from firing.
I saw a piece where an ar lower was mated to a modified upper. Upper chambered for 7.62 tokarev, and bolt converted to simple blowback operation. I really love it.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, the AR guys have lost thier damn minds.

So many configurations that boggle the mind, now the AR nuts have gone insane. I present possibly oddest mod ever.
http://i37.***********/fthdfc.jpg

:note, the barrel is completely replaced, so no bolt/bullet combo fire. That would have made it cooler.not:stretcher:

S

SUPRsalad

yeah, our AR is a stag arms lower, and modified bolt in the upper, and frankly, i've got no complaints at all. (and after $2500, why should i?)

Hey, update on the Taurus:

My mother-in-law sent it in, and a month later, we've got a brand-spanking-new piece. WITH A NEW CASE! woo wooooT! So, I've changed my stance on Taurus. I've got a lot of faith in this company now.
I shot 50 .38s through it last weekend, without a hitch. Quite happy, I am.