• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The *new* official real life picture thread.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should try posting something that actually makes sense and not continue trolling after Mystra asked you to stop.

M

Mystra

I agree it's childish and rude to make fun of someone's appearance. But on the other side, if you post your picture on a public internet forum you are pretty much opening yourself up to personal attack.
maybe.. but personal attacks are against the ROC for this forum
Point made

B

Black Betty

Lynk now has a new job that he was just telling me about the other day. I caught him in the midst of it.

Probably my favorite picture cuz i love the band!

They were HORRIBLE in concert! I won tickets off the radio and gave them away because they were so bad in concert.

S

Still Frame

They were HORRIBLE in concert! I won tickets off the radio and gave them away because they were so bad in concert.
They have their nights, depends how drunk he is =/. About 5 years ago i went to rhode island with a few people (i'm from massacusetts so not too bad of a drive) to see them, hinder (before they had a record deal) and instruction (now god fires man) probably the best show i've ever seen. Then other times hes falling off the stage drunks :(. Lately they've been amazing, saw them with red, breaking benjamin, and 3 days grace in new hampshire and he was totally sober and were just all around amazing.

Now you want a failure of a band, go see seether live. Only concert i've ever walked out of. If it wasnt for crossfade probably woulda complained to get my money back. :) :heart: crossfade even though insta said probably a year ago they were horrible live.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have their nights, depends how drunk he is =/. About 5 years ago i went to rhode island with a few people (i'm from massacusetts so not too bad of a drive) to see them, hinder (before they had a record deal) and instruction (now god fires man) probably the best show i've ever seen. Then other times hes falling off the stage drunks :(. Lately they've been amazing, saw them with red, breaking benjamin, and 3 days grace in new hampshire and he was totally sober and were just all around amazing.

Now you want a failure of a band, go see seether live. Only concert i've ever walked out of. If it wasnt for crossfade probably woulda complained to get my money back. :) :heart: crossfade even though insta said probably a year ago they were horrible live.
They were excellent in Atlantic City NJ Neurosonic opened for them!! I loveee them :):lol:

I

Insta

I've seen puddle of mudd twice, and like Still Frame said, they can be decient, and they can really just be horrible. I saw both sides of them.

I've seen Crossfade twice, and both of the times I saw them they were completely horific. I was very disapointed on both preformances. You couldn't even tell what song they were playing until the chorus, and if you didnt know the words you probablly wouldn't be able to tell the song. They are much better from the studio. I do like the studio music they have.

The best two preformances I have seen live are probablly Shinedown, and the other is Saliva. I've seen Shinedown three times and Saliva twice, and both put on a great show each time.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Confederate flag, It is a fragment of American history ...

... for you to imply that the flag is a bad thing, means you are grossly uninformed
No, you're right, the Confederate flag has absolutely nothing to do with racism.

What it is, however, is a fragment of anti-American history. It is a symbol of rebellion against the United States. This can never be changed, no matter how many "pick-em-up" trucks are flying them.

At least the flag of the Conch Republic has a humorous back story to it. If ever I feel like committing sedition, that will be the one I rally behind. Fortunately I'm patriot.

B

Barbosa

The Confederate flag, It is a fragment of American history

If you think it is a hateful flag here is a small tidbit of information

At least one Black Confederate was a non-commissioned officer. James Washington, Co. D 35th Texas Cavalry, Confederate States Army, became it's 3rd Sergeant. Higher ranking black commissioned officers served in militia units, but this was on the State militia level (Louisiana)and not in the regular C.S. Army.

Free black musicians, cooks, soldiers and teamsters earned the same pay as white confederate privates. This was not the case in the Union army where blacks did not receive equal pay. At the Confederate Buffalo Forge in Rockbridge County, Virginia, skilled black workers "earned on average three times the wages of white Confederate soldiers and more than most Confederate army officers ($350- $600 a year).

Most interesting tidbit is that the South was not the bad guys but the north dureing the war, this is a example

Union General U.S. Grant in Feb 1865, ordered the capture of "all the Negro men before the enemy can put them in their ranks." Frederick Douglass warned Lincoln that unless slaves were guaranteed freedom (those in Union controlled areas were still slaves) and land bounties, "they would take up arms for the rebels".

for you to imply that the flag is a bad thing, means you are grossly uninformed
This is more appropriate to the majority at least for tonight :popcorn:

For those who do not finish it, are cowards...!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwx5FXfJHvk&feature=related

B

Black Betty

The best two preformances I have seen live are probablly Shinedown, and the other is Saliva. I've seen Shinedown three times and Saliva twice, and both put on a great show each time.
I would LOVE to see Shinedown, but have avoided the concert scene for some time now. Seems bands are too drunk to perform and I am not willing to pay good money to watch that. I can go to the bar and watch a local band do that for free. ;) Knowing you have seen then perform more than one decent show makes me rethink my opinion a bit. :)

S

Still Frame

Shinedown is great in concert....Staind is horrid live.
Shinedown is by far one of the best bands out there. Their dvd "live from the inside" is probably the best performance anyone could hope for. I've seen staind with breaking benjamin and 3 doors down and they were the best there. All songs off break the cycle (pretty much their only good cd)

Now lets talk real shows that can get scary! All That Remains, Bledd the Fall and As I Lay Dying! Wall of death 4tw

I

Insta

I would LOVE to see Shinedown, but have avoided the concert scene for some time now. Seems bands are too drunk to perform and I am not willing to pay good money to watch that. I can go to the bar and watch a local band do that for free. ;) Knowing you have seen then perform more than one decent show makes me rethink my opinion a bit. :)

I would recommend going to see Shinedown in concert any chance you get. Like I say, I have seen them perform 3 times and I would like the chance to see them another 3 times at least. The vocals are great. The music is right on cue, and the energy and lights are incredible.

As far as what was stated about staind... I have seen them once. I thought the did a fairly good job. Mudshovel is my favorite song from them, and it was not as good as the acoustic stuff performed. The best part about a Staind show is the lights, and energy.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'M PRETTY SURE THIS THREAD IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT PICTURES! AND PEOPLE BEHIND THE COMPUTERS! Go make an OT thread! And I thought I was bad about going OT and changing the subject, pssh.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'M PRETTY SURE THIS THREAD IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT PICTURES! AND PEOPLE BEHIND THE COMPUTERS! Go make an OT thread! And I thought I was bad about going OT and changing the subject, pssh.
If I was a shard regular, id post; alas im not. So people would be like "Wtf whose this" =/

B

Black Betty

:yell:
*Passes Zyn some Midol*

Just kidding, here ya go, Zyn.
:postpics:

At least folks are getting along, lol.

P.S.
Go Steelers! Go Packers! *sings this while doing the running man*

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Midol yet :[ Maybe tomorrow though. We could keep this thread hot and alive if we could post pictures of other people.... lol

S

Still Frame

I've seen puddle of mudd twice, and like Still Frame said, they can be decient, and they can really just be horrible. I saw both sides of them.

I've seen Crossfade twice, and both of the times I saw them they were completely horific. I was very disapointed on both preformances. You couldn't even tell what song they were playing until the chorus, and if you didnt know the words you probablly wouldn't be able to tell the song. They are much better from the studio. I do like the studio music they have.

For anyone up my way. Shinedown march 28th in boston, and again april 4th in hampton

Deprave

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I slowed down enough for a real life screenshot before speedhacking away.
http://i43.***********/5pq7h1.jpg

I may be a mage in UO but I'm a dexer irl
http://i44.***********/2l8b09g.jpg

L

Lord Zephyrus

http://www.myspace.com/beradness

Yea i'm the fat person who has been eating all your cheezypoofs.

And kittens are going to take over the world. That is all. Zeph

Oh and Im still single. *sighs* and walks back to the kitchen.