• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The New Halloween Quest (spoilers)

L

Lady Kiara

So whens this blasted @#$@#@$ thing going on all the shards????:gee::stir::heart:

A

Adora

So how do we get the Jack O'Lanterns? I've found normal pumpkins, but not the carved ones yet.

L

Lady Kiara

So how do we get the Jack O'Lanterns? I've found normal pumpkins, but not the carved ones yet.
You have to visit all the spots and pick them, Throw away the ones you don't want and wait for the respawn....the only way i am guessing to get the pumkins with the faces is that they have to spawn...so keep picking and maybe one will spawn for you....:popcorn::lol::stir:

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the note and went to the cave. I don't know if I am missing something because I am now at a deadend.

S

Skullcollector

I have the note and went to the cave. I don't know if I am missing something because I am now at a deadend.
In the center of the cave where you had to give the note to the (ogre) guard is a boiling caldron, double click the caldron and you will get a sample of something. Take that sample to the hag I believe.

K

KrazyFrog

The cave entrance is in the mining camp area east of Minoc (the note tells you what to look for and what to do there)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I turned the note in to the ogre to get in, but didn't realize I had to get the cauldron sample. I can't remember the password to get in! I think it was on the note and when I tried to get a second note, the pieces told me "You can not think of any reason to want to do this"

Can someone send me the password so I can see if I can get past the ogre again?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I turned the note in to the ogre to get in, but didn't realize I had to get the cauldron sample. I can't remember the password to get in! I think it was on the note and when I tried to get a second note, the pieces told me "You can not think of any reason to want to do this"

Can someone send me the password so I can see if I can get past the ogre again?
The password is loki :thumbup1:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other notes, you do not need to use grass on corpses in order to find items on them. Looted the cat statue, scarecrow, and tapestry from Ettins in Despise.

However, how are people becoming Stone Harpy and Terathan Matriarch without costume?

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think my main problem was that I couldn't read the messages. I was getting an error on all of them.
I will try to restart and start again.

I found the problem. I never patched so I couldn't access the new artwork.

S

Salya Sin

DEMONOUS! YES! I love The Guild! Clara is HILARIOUS... hell the whole thing is and the song they did.. I ROLLED!

Back on topic... sorry... :)
And agreed... they never post,publish,change, alter, or otherwise tamper with anything over the weekend. A few times I thought they had all left early on Friday... and opted to come in late on Monday...

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmmm well that round of tests is complete, and I have not met with success. Maybe a dev will post tomorrow whether or not he was ever placed on the test center.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lag on TC is just awful, Im killing stuff at brit graveyard and find out I died 3 minutes before hand. I'll just have to do it on Europa when they publish it.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other notes, you do not need to use grass on corpses in order to find items on them. Looted the cat statue, scarecrow, and tapestry from Ettins in Despise.

However, how are people becoming Stone Harpy and Terathan Matriarch without costume?
If you kill higher famed stuff for residue you will turn into them instead of the troll. I killed ogre lords to turn into the terathan matriarch. I'll have to test better later but I think I got residue from two low and two high famed creatures and turned into the harpy.

A

Annienox

Ok just as an overview this is what i get from everyone. The new jack o'lanterns spawn rarely in the pumpkin patches (oh joy thats like watching paint dry but i REALLY want a couple). you can get the cat statue, the scarecrow and ruined pic. I am sure there are more of these things but I just dont know what they are. As for the quest Blue crystals cure any disease, Red cryastals are taken to the toymaker to get costumes and the Gold crystal is used to summon Harbinger where you get the robe. I know you get 5 new candies for Trick or Treat and with GM begging you still get the Mr.Plains cookies, Murky Milk and such but does anyone know what the new gifts are this year from that? Please feel free to add to this or correct me if im wrong.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone should make a walk-through guide !
Where is Tina Small? Doesn't she usually have a few short novels written on these things by now?

Yay the rest of the shards gets the pub tommorow! I'll have to delay my plans of taking over UO to do some trick or treating.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drachenfels has the publish. I've got as far as Alana and found three pieces of the torn note but can't find the other two. Are they all at the gypsy camp?

J

Jimmy No Nose

True The Harbinger does not drop robes every time. I and a person from these boards have done 6-8 of these and gotten only 1 robe.

M

MudFace

Drachenfels has the publish. I've got as far as Alana and found three pieces of the torn note but can't find the other two. Are they all at the gypsy camp?
three are in the camp 2 are kind of on the outskirts of it I used ctrl/shift while running around to find them all =)

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i finally figured out ctrl shift was the way to go. Cheers.

E

Ethereal_Corpse

I just got a black cat stat off a deamon. What sbout the thing that turns you into a gazer? Can that come from monster loot to?

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so confused... what am I doing wrong for getting the essence? I'm using moongrass, but I must be missing something here...

Nevermind, figure it out... just went way too long without getting any.

C

Connor_Graham

Ok, so far I've got this as far as steps-

Jasper- Yew Courthouse
Eliza- Minoc
Tomas- Trinsic
Alana- Gypsy camp Minoc
Lab- Minoc Caves
Hag- West of Britain/South of Yew

What do you do from there, and what are you supposed to do at each step? Also, where's this guy you cure? What else am I missing?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Connor, there are several people to cure. Maybe Jerod will show up today, so far no one has found him.

After you get the go ahead to collect ingredients from Grizelda you will do a LOT of rinse and repeat between the dungeons and her house to collect crystals.

Blue crystals go to the npc yellow characters that need healing, red crystals go to Thomas the tinker in Trins for Halloween costumes. Yellows are used to call the Harbinger.

There is a list of all the chars and their locations for healing in a thread on the Origin Shard forum.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=164686

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I know where is last NPC (Jared), he still not cured, 14 blue crystals for nothing.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All i know is its incredibly disheartening to put in an entire day of work and over 50 of those blue crystals trying to heal Carl and seeming to get nowhere, then logging off for an hour because im tired and coming back to find somebody else healed him while I was gone, netting a grand total of nothing for all of my effort.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, 17 blue crystals wasted, I prefer to keep Jared hidden. The only clue - read journal.

Ankanna

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have to start the quest all over again once you get your first crystal? I've tried but Eliza won't give me the letter.

S

Slim29

I think it pays to be on a shard with a lower population (Origin :)). I have finished the quest about 6 times now, but have noticed a number of new players in the dungeon collecting essence. It is now becoming a pain to try and collect essence to create crystals. I was averaging about 11 to 12 crystals for every corpeal essence i was using. Now that average is down to 4 to 5. I feel sorry for anyone trying to complete this quest on a highly populated shard, as collecting enough essence to get a decent number of crystals will be practically impossible.

J

Jaimes

I just got the robe, it took 47 blue essences total. Save up until you get 50 and then go heal them! It may be a complete waste if you don't.