• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) The New Fluffi Babble Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had lunch with our Glenora, and her Mum, today, then spent a lovely few hours chatting and visiting touristy places like Callanish. Was lovely to see them :)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'ello all and lunchers!

Almost a week without babbling? Even the ponies are gone? This must be the end of the world as we know it, for sure!!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ello all. All changes. Younger sons moving back home having finished uni, eldest just off to start (yes that is the right way round). Dear cat died last month, and we will try to adopt a kitten when they are back.

Last edited:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all and celebraters!

Happy 15th anniversary!!

I have been on holiday, and then not around here for no particular reason and what do I have to see? Babbling came to a grinding stop! Now I am a wee disappointed.

Anyhow, I hope everybody came through the weekend-festivitees (is that spelled right?) fine. I was hoping that there would be a video of the party on Saturday somewhere, but can't find anything. Ah well, another highlight I missed *sighs*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Piper's Livery has opened a Felucca branch - but if it doesn't sell something in the next couple of weeks it will be closing again.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trammel stall is slightly north and west of the dock, just in front of the player house -npc named Stan Dineer
Felucca stall is on the west side of the fountain - npc named Rides4Reds

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sent in a story. The entries must have been as quiet as Ye Olde Babble, because it won a code. Hugs all!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sent in a story. The entries must have been as quiet as Ye Olde Babble, because it won a code. Hugs all!
I won one too, so there's 3 outstanding stories still outstanding. I wonder who they were?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
shop found :)

I found a couple of wandering pack llamas with no owners. So I tamed them and put them on my fel pet stall
So if any red chars are in need of a pack animal, there's 2 there available to buy.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody said any of these things to me. I feel rather left out.
Now happily back in Devon where they call you "my lovely".
im down yer too in duvum and i would call you 'my andsome' anyway where be u too in devon? im in powderham

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'ello all and shrooms!

I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the Mushroom Madness on Sunday and shout out a big THANKS to the Jovial Juggler crew ... nobody else seemed to care about giving them some love .....

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two weeks and no posts in the babble thread, is babble dead?

/goes back to blowing the arms off mechs in MWO ;)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha!!! A new face, a new babbler! And from Germany ... well, we pay for the Euro, we can keep a babble thread alive, can't we? *grins sheepishly*

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two weeks and no posts in the babble thread, is babble dead?

/goes back to blowing the arms off mechs in MWO ;)
Stop mutilating mechs and start babbling!! You could talk our ears off here instead ... :sad3: ... oh wait, smileys don't have ears ...

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just thought I'd pop in to let you know that I'm not dead yet.

Please add my name to the list of vintage babblers.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop mutilating mechs and start babbling!! You could talk our ears off here instead ... :sad3: ... oh wait, smileys don't have ears ...
That's because they were talked off years ago....

I wish it was snow outside our window, at the moment it looks like rain, although it's probably best it's not snow, we tried the new clippers on my mum's poodle last night, he's lost about 2/3 of his fur (to be fair, he was well overdue a trim).

Good to see you ain't dead yet fluffi :)

Talking of vintage babblers, I got an email from Sturm/Chunky a couple of months back :)

Welcome to the Babble thread and the Europa forums Eisenhower:)
Don't worry about the slightly loony looking posters, most of them won't bite;) (well, not too hard)

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hooray!
I am reminded of Granny Weatherwax and her sign, gripped to her chest...
That did cross my mind as well ;)

John, fortunately not, he looks more like a slightly shaggy teddy bear, or lamb at the moment :)
We don't really hold with stupid cuts for him and aim for practical, hence he's being done with a number 7 blade pretty much all over, we've only managed his torso so far but it's turning out to be much easier than we'd feared (we only bought the clippers recently as the guy we'd been taking him to moved out of the area).
One thing I have learned is that with dog/animal clippers it certainly pays to get a decent brand - the WAHL ones Argos etc sell seem to be mainly repackaged cheap human ones and when we tried the WAHL pet sets in the past he really protested and they just didn't work (they constantly jammed), whilst the one we ended up getting after some research has swappable blades with different ones for different breeds/types of fur:) (and can apparently be used for horses, and cattle - although I don't think I'm likely to need to do any of them).
I'm hanging onto the fur to put out in the spring for the birds, as I suspect the multitude of tits, finches and other birds that we get might like it for nesting.

Last edited:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That did cross my mind as well ;)

John, fortunately not, he looks more like a slightly shaggy teddy bear, or lamb at the moment :)
We don't really hold with stupid cuts for him and aim for practical, hence he's being done with a number 7 blade pretty much all over, we've only managed his torso so far but it's turning out to be much easier than we'd feared (we only bought the clippers recently as the guy we'd been taking him to moved out of the area).
One thing I have learned is that with dog/animal clippers it certainly pays to get a decent brand - the WAHL ones Argos etc sell seem to be mainly repackaged cheap human ones and when we tried the WAHL pet sets in the past he really protested and they just didn't work (they constantly jammed), whilst the one we ended up getting after some research has swappable blades with different ones for different breeds/types of fur:) (and can apparently be used for horses, and cattle - although I don't think I'm likely to need to do any of them).
I'm hanging onto the fur to put out in the spring for the birds, as I suspect the multitude of tits, finches and other birds that we get might like it for nesting.
I believe one can do an online course on dog grooming.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.....where da Babble go?

Oh.........Crest killed it..................:twak:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello babblers ... oh, everybody is in stealth mode.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say, that I am immensely proud to say that the other member of the SRC (here known as Adol) finally finished his fish-trophy wall! Imagine: every rare fish and crustacian which can be made into a trophy on his castles' wall! it is quite a sight to behold!!!

Well done chap! I wonder if there is anything like it somewhere else ...

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds fishy to me.....................:)

Cue puns.................

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the smell is not very appealing, but he set the wall up in the courtyard, so when you keep the windows shut it's actually not too bad.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, oh, oh ... the babble-thread was close to falling off the cliff. It's saved now, though. Phew!

:drama:

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fault........shouldn't have used the "P" word.........:(

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, "P" words scare people off. Like Pandemonioum, Piranha, Paraguay and Petunias

*watches people running away screaming*

See!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that would be a lovely name "Petunia Fyde", doesn't sound too scary with a touch of an old lady in an armchair reading some paper ... wait, where have I seen that before?

Status
Not open for further replies.