• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) The New Fluffi Babble Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay!
(and looking forward to seeing Fluff's new avatar, if he can smooth out the compression)

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose I HAD to get in on the first page, given the title of the new babble... *is all embarrassed now*:blushing:

No chance of making a forum avatar from the piccy, but I'll give you a chance to play "Guess which one is Fluff...."

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bit of drama this end. Fire at the other end of the street took out 3 bungalows. Not sure how it started yet, but the rumour mill says it was an escaped garden fire.

K

Kayne

Yay new Babble thread. Only took 2 years to get the old one to 1000 posts :p

Petra hope the people invovled and you and Terry are ok as I know you said you breathed quite a bit of smoke while helping people

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, everyone is fine. Everyone got out safely. Though Terry had to stop one man from going back in to try to get his passport.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goodness me. Escaped garden fires are quite an unusual source of dwelling fires. Unattended cooking starts about 40% and attended cooking about 10%. As I recall, smoking materials and electrical faults come next.
I hope those people have somewhere to stay and stuff to eat/wear in the meantime!

K

Kayne

Its nice to see the babble thread active - reminds me of the old days :D

Evenin' babblers

M

Melchiah

*Pokes head in*

Just thought I'd pop in for a quick "Hi!"

Hi!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ello chaps.
Just pondering on the possibly blasphemous nature of a "New Fluffi".
Have been in London, which causes all kinds of oddness.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rather you two than me. I'll stick to my hills and ocean!

Hmm, I really should get a sig sorted out. Hmm.

M

Melchiah

Sigs are overrated! Unless they are based around the coastal valleys, of course...

Hmmm...

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ello chaps.
Just pondering on the possibly blasphemous nature of a "New Fluffi".
Have been in London, which causes all kinds of oddness.
"Awight Tweacle?"

"f'kkin pukkah!"

"'e's a blindin' geezer!"

"da bwnawn, cariad"

*one of these doesn't work with a London accent - can you guess which?*

K

Kayne

The last one of course. I've tried and tried but for the life of me I cant manage it.
Probably doesn't help that I have no clue how to pronounce it much less do it in a London accent

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Awight Tweacle?"

"f'kkin pukkah!"

"'e's a blindin' geezer!"

"da bwnawn, cariad"

*one of these doesn't work with a London accent - can you guess which?*
Nobody said any of these things to me. I feel rather left out.
Now happily back in Devon where they call you "my lovely".

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've recently had a quick look around on a friends' account, and I guess I won't be coming back to UO...

...but I really miss you people.

Go download Guildwars (Factions @ £12.99, or Trilogy @ £19.99) [one-off payment; no further charges apply], and we can do more stupid stuff equivalent to the naked dungeon crawls or silly-pet runs. :eyes:

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh dear gawd. I still have silly pet run screenies. I might be persuaded to keep them to myself...for the right price, of course.

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooh, I have the sudden urge to break the Squirrels out for a chew on some ogre lords. Fun times :)

K

Kayne

I've recently had a quick look around on a friends' account, and I guess I won't be coming back to UO...

...but I really miss you people.

Go download Guildwars (Factions @ £12.99, or Trilogy @ £19.99) [one-off payment; no further charges apply], and we can do more stupid stuff equivalent to the naked dungeon crawls or silly-pet runs. :eyes:
Aww Fluffers you gotta come back - even I'm back and I've picked up my old post too. I can say I never thought I'd do either just a couple months ago

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh dear gawd. I still have silly pet run screenies. I might be persuaded to keep them to myself...for the right price, of course.
Go for it! Post the piccies.

There is a whole generation of UO players who will never know the leetness of Basil The Rat, Mr Wiggles and whatever it was that Kas' sheep was called. (And all the others who I can't remember)

Ooh, I have the sudden urge to break the Squirrels out for a chew on some ogre lords. Fun times :)
Aaaah! If you played Guildwars, we could take your level 2 pet flamingo out to peck vigorously at some level 20 assassins. This is what you are missing!

Aww Fluffers you gotta come back - even I'm back and I've picked up my old post too. I can say I never thought I'd do either just a couple months ago
Too be honest, I almost wanted to come back: The Muppet Lords are slowly returning to UO; I could build myself a suit in a week; and I could be really competetive in a month.
However: PvE appears to still be dominated by the Sampires - been there, done that; and Europa PvP still seems to be the same 10 players fighting amongst themselves and then bragging about it on the UCH boards.
There is nothing here to lure me back except the players; and I'd rather try to drag you to a fun game, than wade through the heaps of ordure that comprise the current UO

K

Kayne

I've been tempted by guild wars a few times to be honest Fluffers. I think I even have a bunch of the game CD's I bought super cheap. Just never bothered with getting an account.

UO will always be home though :)

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Speak up if you were there!

I suck with names, but from this screenie, I can see:-

Noxin with Changeling Dog
Kas Valentine with Black Sheep
Fluffi with Uber White Squirrel (Mr Wiggles?)
Miriam Witchborn with Nutkin, Squirrel Assassin
Blueberry with Mulle the mongbat
Tim with Mogge the mongbat
Vix with Basil the Giant Rat

And before anyone starts, diss ye not Basil...

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's my Miriam Witchborn on the right in the green, with Nutkin, squirrel assassin around somewhere..

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been searching old hard-drives for the screenie of one of my proudest moments in UO... when Wiggles reached 5 x GM... but I can't find the damned thing.
I can't find this pictures of the first time he met Opfasta either: my 5 x GM squirrel gets all embarrassed because he has finally met a UO legend!

I did, however, find some screenshots which show what UO was (and what I think it has lost)

Oonas' last night.
The Rainbow Fort was built in "Proper Haven" (none of this modern "New Haven" nonsense) by Hemi, Trev, Oona, Saunders, Fluffi, and others I can't remember.
The walls were made of individually-dyed bolts of cloth. It took hours to build, because the damn things kept decaying.
It was a totally pointless thing to do, but I think it worthy of record in the annals of Europa.

The FCB net-tosses.
20+ random players gathered together to kill sea-monsters.
I always caused havok by casting nets when there were already 6 kraken on the screen.
FCB got nothing from these evenings except a huge bill for nets, and a really good laugh.

And finally...
The picture, which apart from my "50 people on the screen faction battles" screens, is the real reason I won't be coming back to UO...

For those who don't remember; that is a screen of random players at Brit Bank. Everyone wearing a red robe is a member of the Bloodguard. They had all temporarily allied to fight-off the invasion of Britannia.
The fights were incredible!

If you can convince me that this sort of stuff still happens, I'll be back tomorrow. Until then, I'll just keep being nostalgic.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. I stopped by Haven on Oona's last night. She gave me a shirt I still have to this day. The rainbow wall was one of the Europa's greatest follies.

I also still have my Bloodguard Journals documenting my attendance at some shardwide battle or other.

Can't find my screenie of the one and only time I managed to kill an I-C. Only managed one, was shaking so hard it's surprising I managed it at all! I do miss I-C - just watching them was both breathtaking and an education. As often as I died to I-C, they were invariably amazing opponents and usually big-hearted to puny little loners like me who dared to play in Felucca.

I can't say these things happen on Europa anymore, Fluffi, but then I'm not in game enough to say whether all this & more is happening. RL has the lion's share of my time and if I log in once or twice a month, it's a lot for me.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Speak up if you were there!

I suck with names, but from this screenie, I can see:-

Noxin with Changeling Dog
Kas Valentine with Black Sheep
Fluffi with Uber White Squirrel (Mr Wiggles?)
Miriam Witchborn with Nutkin, Squirrel Assassin
Vix with Basil the Giant Rat

And before anyone starts, diss ye not Basil...
Blueberry with Mulle the mongbat and Tim with Mogge the mongbat can be added to the list of attendees. I remember Mogge started out with 3 hp and ended the night 15 deaths and around 30 hp later. Happy days! :lol: (and I think both mongbats are still lurking in their stables waiting for another night out.)

K

Kayne

Awesome pictures there, love that rainbow wall.

Fluffi things like this dont happen these days but I'm sure with the people who have already posted we can arrange something.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't find my screenie of the one and only time I managed to kill an I-C. Only managed one, was shaking so hard it's surprising I managed it at all! I do miss I-C - just watching them was both breathtaking and an education. As often as I died to I-C, they were invariably amazing opponents and usually big-hearted to puny little loners like me who dared to play in Felucca.

Aaaah! I-C!

By far the best PvPers I have ever played against, (todays' "elites" included.)

At their height, I was in TB so I really never had a chance, but they were proper fights.
(I can be seen Orange, alive, and attacking in a few of the I-C movies; I'm quite proud of that!)

K

Kiminality

Fluffi things like this dont happen these days but I'm sure with the people who have already posted we can arrange something.
This.
Tbh, if you want something to happen in game, make it happen. If no one's carrying the torch, it's not going anywhere until someone picks it up.

K

Kayne

I'll pick the torch up for a silly pet run once a month if someone can help - i wont be able to always run it

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have taken my accounts out of the freezer, and am seeing if there is any life left in them. Also, the babble thread was in danger!

K

Kayne

Nicely saved Saunders. Keep those accounts thawed the game needs YOU!

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirmed :(

[YOUTUBE]bkj9uTEnz64[/YOUTUBE]​

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my dear Lord Blackthorn ... I have been gone from the forums for ages and on my return, what do I have to see?! The babble thread is still going on ... I just love you all!!!

:grouphug:

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello yer all!

I just wrote up a nice little thread of my own. So all yer posh people should have a look and leave a message there, too. If yer nice, I might start a "Help-the-venerable-Scrumpy-charity" collection ... every coin is welcome!

Yer empty pocketed
Scrumpy Jack

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ello! Xorartep got so lonely she gave up begging and became a hermit, she's not stepped out of the house in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.