• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) The LS Town Crier ICQ is shutting down

Bluewolf10th

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've recently received a notice from ICQ claiming that support for unofficial clients and unregistered users with be suspended in the near future, so I'm taking this oppportunity to shut down the ICQ town crier.

The platform had a good run, and served in it's time. But several of the contacts no longer seem to play, or even have access to the ICQ addresses logged in the town crier. In addition, most of the announcements sent out do not turn into player attendance to announced events.

Town crier schedules will still be posted in the regular forums and activites will continue on the shard, but the ICQ town crier will be turned off in the coming weeks.

She's had her run, it's time to let her rest.

Chaoticmass

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for your service! I'll be sad to see it go.

I go on spurts of playing UO a lot, and then not playing it at all for months.