• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Last Day In The Life......

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Punani/Atilla

Sorry guys, another news flash. I was not there when they raided. I remember shak and another blue (naked form stealther, who we killed) were running about. I then logged to do some RL work on the old emails. So, take me off the list of people in that fight. Just an FYI!

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

Next, you still didnt answer my point. You say blocking is illegal...then why isnt Energy Field/WoS pagable?

Its the same thing....get 2 mages to constently cast Wall of stone or Energy Field and you will not be able to move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since it isn't obvious to you, I will answer the question for him.

E-Fielding and WoS are achieved by using a skill. Placing objects to block or trap people, pets, monsters has typically been illegal in the eyes of EA. Doing that is not the same thing as using a skill to block.

I do not understand why some objects can be walked through and others cannot, but I'd venture to say they were not designed to block or trap people, pets or monsters.

Furthermore, I am the one who paged about the blocking. I did this, not to be childish, as you say, but because I had no other way to communicate my belief that what he was doing was illegal.

1. Speaking directly to him in game was out of the question, since I'd be mass ganked by his turret of 10 spell casting guards, which he was behind.

2. I cannot party him because we are in opposite factions. Game mechanics will not allow it.

3. I didn't have him on ICQ.

As I said in another thread... If an EA rep steps up to clarify the situation and I am wrong, I will offer an appology to Jeremiah.

G

Wow now you just need to get a few more people who ran from the fight on and say the left due to rl things as well

Either way we were outside the base like 15 - 20 minutes before we attacked so it's not like you guys could not see that we were planning to attack... so why so many of you was afk is beyond me...

Still curious as to who's alt Bumfight is I was almost certain it was either Idico or Dex

I

imported_Willow30

Sorry to see you go. You made stealing the sigils a challenge and fun.

N

Nico-SP

<blockquote><hr>

reports of my demise are premature...i have moved on to a new land and am doing just fine....ill miss all the people on siege that were friends and even some of my enemies but im not gonna allow attacks on my account for petty stuff.my house will stand forever in its spot and i may even come and customize it for the alliance to use but for now i will not be playing there....fare the well i shall miss you more than words can tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL..one comes and another goes the server will not die because you left trust me it never does...it ashame you couldnt adapt to the rules...*peace sign*

P

Punani/Atilla

Hey big guy, think what you will. Idico is still logged out at the base. Idico is the only character I use for PVP (I have a non stealth Tamer, a mule and a blue archer I use to hold a keep). You talk big for a guild that joins our faction because you were tired of stat in your old faction. Reply as you will, WE left our old faction (after you all joined ours) so we could continue to put you in stat. We win some and lose some (like everyone). That said, we do not embellish our fights, post every kill, or try to feel like we are important by posting garbage on the boards. Oh, and ya, some of us have RL work to do, tee hee hee.

G

Searching your earlier posts, it's clear to see you're biased in this issue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You made stealing the sigils a challenge...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not possible...la

I

imported_Black_Magick

maybe because that it what the spell was designed to do? And just an fyi, that is such a stupid comparison. Energy fields don't last long not to mention they can be dispelled easily. Crates with bagballs is much more of a pain, lets see whether you get out of an e-field first or clear away the bagballs first.

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Personally I'd rather attack a completely blocked base with one blocking item per tile than a 99% blocked base with a path of my opponent's choosing surrounded by tiles with 125 blocking items....

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? lol How about with a dexer vs several mages on the other side? You would have zero chance of getting even 1 hit in.

So take a look at this pic which Jeremiah posted earlier. What you cannot see are the faction vendors to the East, with a path through the middle. TB traps are positioned down that path.

There is a double row of traps all the way across, as you can see, 2 of which are no longer revealed. Behind that is a turret with 10 faction guards which are all casters and you can see that the bagballs are completely blocking entry. The dead dragon you see there is one of the new uber dragons, which lasted less than 15 seconds.

As soon as anyone hits those traps, they are hit for roughly 30 pts per trap. If they hit both, thats around 60 HP gone and this happens right in front of 10 faction guards, which = dead. There is absolutely no chance to move more than maybe 1 bagball.. if that.

How would you have gotten past that?

I single handedly killed about 25 faction guards. A guild mate came later to help and we managed to kill roughly that many more. We were able to stat Jeremiah several times, but that never once stopped him from placing more guards. As soon as we got close to killing them off, he was there placing more.

He and I fought back and forth for a couple of hours. I did manage to get in a few times to grab sigils after I statted him in the beginning. He took too long to get back. It was only after he placed the bagballs that I paged the GM and he did that once I had actually had some help arrive.

I understand the tactic and I'm not 100% against blocking, necessarily. Mostly because of where we are playing, but I do believe in balance and fairness. *shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how I'd get around it as I don't fight over faction towns but I'm sure there's a way. Wasn't there a little path on the right that didn't have explode traps there (that's how it looks from the picture)? Can't you remove the traps with the remove trap skill...???

The defender has the advantage and that's how it should be. You shouldn't expect to be able to break through without a well thought out attack of many times the defender's numbers.

A dev really needs to respond though to tell us if it is indeed illegal. What I'm more concerned about is that "blocking" can be done in many ways outside of factions, some of which I gave examples for, and we'd need to know if that is illegal too. If I trap someone against a wall, I think it idiotic that that would be illegal but if it is I want to know. I wouldn't want to be banned for someone paging on me for pinning them against a wall and killing them...

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

maybe because that it what the spell was designed to do? And just an fyi, that is such a stupid comparison. Energy fields don't last long not to mention they can be dispelled easily. Crates with bagballs is much more of a pain, lets see whether you get out of an e-field first or clear away the bagballs first.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the paralyze spell you can, if your opponent doesn't have some way to damage themselves (such as trapped box), keep someone in one place indefinitely. If they don't have a way to teleport out of energy fields or poof them away (there's some mage spell that does this)...same situation. It's the same idea. You're blocking someone in one area or locking them into one tile. In fact, doing it with the magery spells over bagballs and it's even less likely they'll escape their blocking since they can pick up bagballs...So as I said, we need a dev/community rep to define "blocking" and tell us what exactly is illegal about it (if it is illegal at all).

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Well, since it isn't obvious to you, I will answer the question for him.

E-Fielding and WoS are achieved by using a skill. Placing objects to block or trap people, pets, monsters has typically been illegal in the eyes of EA. Doing that is not the same thing as using a skill to block.

[/ QUOTE ]
That and the fact that WoS and E-field have a timer on them and will remove themselves within a few moments of being cast. Not to mention the ability to remove them using another spell.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

lol, kage, u crack me up.
Tide was not there. He was LOGGED OUT afk. The fact you claim you saw him when you attacked shows just how much bs you are trying to pull. And again, bumfight is an alt- so you can't count him and the original character.
Also go ahead and guess and tell me who all was stealthing or hid without fighting? look thru our roster, that may help. I'll give u a hint, golie pawn was there, but fromt he numbers u listed, that was the only other character.
Now, lets go into more detail.
When u guys came in and fought, Aleric was not there, balki was afk, tide was not there, bumfight was not there, strangelove was not there. So lets consider your list again- that leaves: idico, krystal, sprago, tyrst, lucrio, goldie, and we'll pretend one more. thats 7. your 5 vs our 7.

Again, all i have been doing is claiming it was not a [few k0c] vs [many many many many tnt] fight. Thats all. Cuz u guys came and started claiming it was 5 vs 15. I call bull. It was a relatively close fight. And you guys won. I never blamed it on cheats, I never blamed it on cosmic anomalies. Read my post and you'll see I actually even blamed it on us not being ready. That means I attribute the loss to us. Show me where i say u shouldnt have attacked cuz we had afks? show me where i said not to bring stealthers? really man, u need to read my post before you go off putting words in my mouth. All I have been doing is clarifying that it was not a 3v1000000 fight. You guys won, but u didn't win against all odds- they were closer than you claim.

Stop trying to act all tough like u do with GG. You can't bait me into throwing 'cheat/personal attacks/hax/asshat' excuses/accusations.

[/ QUOTE ]

no goron you crack me up.... excuses are like.... oh well
and youve alrdy made like 3 different storytimes of excuses.... Thanks for the laughs, getting my computer tomorrow see ya guys soon. Glad we got our faction back.

And Jere... u were always chill to me sorry to see ya go. But reguardless of who paged on you and what happened. Wrong is wrong, right? Learn factions and the rules for them a little more before you start preaching and making posts of how u own them. We all know how you got in SL and took ours
hey hey hey its magic.

Good thing we are back in minax
thanks tnt looking forward to stating yall again :0

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

3. I am a completely unbias person on this situation as I am from Atlantic....which contains VIP!..so you guys whining about bag balls is just freaking hilarious...congrats...now you guys wont get any fight from Jeremiah..

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Unbiased you say?

interesting post

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

3. I am a completely unbias person on this situation as I am from Atlantic....which contains VIP!..so you guys whining about bag balls is just freaking hilarious...congrats...now you guys wont get any fight from Jeremiah..

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Unbiased you say?

interesting post

[/ QUOTE ]

ha!
id forgot that was you...i helped out a little when he first came a mil and access to my house i believe...maybe a few items. im not sure we actually played much together in the old days as i think i was the competition when he played.
i help out all kinds of ppl so i was more than happy to oblige an old guildy, but i dont believe ive had contact since that post so we dont hang if thats the implication. are there uzi on great lakes? coms givin me a little fight on atl right now but sometimes thats the whole point.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey big guy, think what you will. Idico is still logged out at the base. Idico is the only character I use for PVP (I have a non stealth Tamer, a mule and a blue archer I use to hold a keep). You talk big for a guild that joins our faction because you were tired of stat in your old faction. Reply as you will, WE left our old faction (after you all joined ours) so we could continue to put you in stat. We win some and lose some (like everyone). That said, we do not embellish our fights, post every kill, or try to feel like we are important by posting garbage on the boards. Oh, and ya, some of us have RL work to do, tee hee hee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize how foolish you sound saying we joined your faction because we were tired of stat?

A lot of us in the past were guiled together and back then we were all in OTF and we was Minax so we decided we wanted our faction back... the War Horses look way cooler than the ugly green ones we had in SL... which was a big factor for me lol.

How you can even say we was tired of stat is beyond me did you ever log in long enough before when we was SL we was always way in the lead in faction points... so please tell me how was we tired of stat?

And now that were Minax we are back in the lead yet again... and our points are going up very fast and not down... how about your guild?

P

Punani/Atilla

Hey corky, I was always between 15 and 25 Punkte (I know, to you they were all rez kills). Since we have moved over to make factions worth playing again, i have not been able to play much. I will try to get back into the groove. Oh, and right before you all moved to our faction, I was in the lead of faction points for quite a while. I lost them all when you guys when you scampered over to our faction , lol. I bet you all will move over to SL again, lol. Oh and you all have players in both factions, so we end up losing alot of punkte to killing your alts in our faction, hehe. I could careless, but you do not see us having a bunch of alts in your faction. Kinda lame, but you need these "we are great posts" to make you feel good IRL. *watches Kage kill KOC alts in SL so he can look leet* SO, enjoy, tee hee hee

G

lol if that makes you feel better lol... but trust me we are not leaving Minax...

G

I was reading quite a bit on the faction forum a while back. Complete blocking is apparently illegal everywhere in UO except in the faction bases. However, very few GM's even know what factions is, and don't know these exceptions to the rules, so for the most part, you are on your own.

It's safer to leave a path open, but defend it well.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea it was settled a long time ago that you can block bases w/bagballs. funny that the email i got doesnt mention it at all? for anyone interested heres the one i got from ea:
<blockquote><hr>

Violation: Exploitation of Ultima Online game/service mechanics
Date/Time: 4/16/2008 7:39:06 PM
Shard: Siege Perilous
Character: jeremiah
Log of incident: The character, jeremiah, was found to be placing NPC
mage vendors to block faction guards in a position where they would not
path to players. The player was taken to jail and informed of their
violation. They were told that you can not place NPCs to block guards as
other players are not able to move those NPCs. They were informed they
would receiving a written warning. Any further violation of this type
would result in a suspension. I then returned them back to the game
world.<blockquote><hr>

G

I would love to know how the house situation was addressed.
My parrot tower causes WAY more lag yet has been up for years.
The west luna house with parrots and statues cause even more to me. Your house when I got to run around in it was not a lag issue; in fact a dozen or so statues/horses lag me more than your goza home did.
That house was awsome and I am willing to put up the $60 to activate one of my stripped accounts for 6 months so you can rebuild it and hopefully I can deal with the GM problems if any more arise.

G

oki, I chopped off the personal attacks, too many to count so you all got away without reprimand. If anyone has a problem with it I'll answer pm's, or you can take it higher through the usual channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.