• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'It can't be autumn 'cos we didn't have summer yet' Babble Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The invasion shifts dependent on which faction holds what town in Felucca. The graveyards are full of baddies for the Yew quest, but you don't have to have the quest to get the talisman and book off the skeletal lich or the bats off the cursed npcs, shadow fiends or spectral warriors.

Skeletal lich appears to have the same, or similar, stats as a bone daemon, is a shadow coloured bone daemon graphic and has necromancy spells.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.....how long do we have to wait for it to be over?

:sad4:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you don't have to be involved if you don't want to. Only faction towns are affected, and those with a graveyard.

Zento's fine, haven's fine, Luna's as normal, so is Umbra, Delucia, Papua.

K

Kiminality

Well, it is possible to make a dent in the Crimson Dragon with GM leather armour, and a Wind's Edge.
It's not pretty, mind you.
I got blisters on my feet, from running back from the healers all those times. But, I got looting rights ;)

Grimwar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Night All :)

Hmmm......how cain't i post without replying to a previous post?. Ah well Babble on.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What joy. 24 hour revert that EA USA know nothing about till UHall posters tell them.

Seems the London lot screwed the backup, we're repeating Saturday.

I'd just managed to get my 2nd trick or treat spider web too. Wonder if I'll get it back before bed time tonight.

K

Kiminality

I guess I'll be back at 91 begging again, then.

*Not amused*

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least this time round they had a valid backup from just one day ago...(didn't they find out a few years back they hadn't got one for about 3 days after a problem?).

Afternoon all :)

I've just dscovered that my dad is almost as bad as Terry & Petra at the pun game, my mum got a new budgie (her old one died Thursday, aged about 11 i think).
He's called it Terry, Terry Dactil :p

S

Seasseragh

Should have gone the whole way and call him Pterry too ;)

Does this mean I can have Monday off since it´s actually Sunday???

T

TerryFyde

my mum got a new budgie (her old one died Thursday, aged about 11 i think).
He's called it Terry, Terry Dactil :p
*gives Nilrem "the bird*

*holds head up high with reputation intact*

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning Babblers..................and PTerry..................rolleyes:

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've already got the bird thanks Terry :p

Morning babblers (and good night as i'm off back to bed).

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sings, to the tune of "StarTrekking".....*

There's budgies in the babble thread, babble thread, babble thread
There's budgies in the babble thread
Wipe 'em off Jim (or Petra)

:lol:

U

ultima online

*pokes head in* HAAIII hows things going in UO these days? any new purple things i should be having?

K

Kiminality

I have a question, but it takes special circumstances for me to do something as overt as starting a new thread.

So far, in Trinsic, there've been 4 or 5 invasions in the evening, with a couple of peaceful nights.
It got me thinking.
How often to the invasions happen?
I know that when the invasion's cleared, SL/Minax lose the city. Then, there's the time it takes for them to swipe the sigil, plus 2 hours corruption. Then, it's added to the queue for more invasion.
I did start to wonder, how often a day, the cities see invasions?
Is it just (about) once? Or several times?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good question, and I don't know the answer.

I did read a post by Draconi that they'd forced a round of invasions to kick it off, after that I believe we're in the hands of the factioneers. If sigils are stolen towns will be invaded, if no one steals them, they won't - that's if I've understood correctly.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Lord........2 days without Babble

Petra killed the Babble Thread !!

:bdh:

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pops head in quickly just to prove that babble is not dead, but alive and kickin´ :danceb:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grrr! left the pc doing its daily virus check while I made a pot of tea for Terry getting up. Came back to find Windows had updated and very kindly decided to re-boot for me. Virus checked scuppered.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grrr! left the pc doing its daily virus check while I made a pot of tea for Terry getting up. Came back to find Windows had updated and very kindly decided to re-boot for me. Virus checked scuppered.

Set your virus check to 3am, and tell it to switch off when it's done. Set windows updates to 'ask permission' for absolutely everything. Job done :)

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Set your virus check to 3am, and tell it to switch off when it's done. Set windows updates to 'ask permission' for absolutely everything. Job done :)

......... or just turn-off the virus scanner and stop visiting all those disreputable sites you keep checking-up on...

... and do more Stratics Europa babbling.

(I think most of us here are "virus-free" (at least as far as computers are concerned.))

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh it doesn't usually find anything, but we run it anyway.
Evening, m'dear.

I HATE having no home PC, and only the company laptop, on which I can't install new software; so I'm limited to Stratics babble, rather than causing trouble in UO or IRC.

(Please pass-on a "I loathe you all" message to anyone in IRC/UO thst you feel might benefit from such a message.) :mf_prop:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've actually discovered a small pocket of RL which we are exploring thoroughly. Sosaria's influence is slightly weakened at the moment but will undoubtedly re-assert itself in due course.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A LOT of snow here! When I look out I see only whiteness. The windows are about half covered by snow.

*is very grateful that she runs a home business and doesn´t have to go out to get to work*

S

Seasseragh

Snow here too, and since it´s not gone by now, it´ll stay another day.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No snow lying here, but we're having 50mph winds with horizontal rain/sleet/snow/hail all at the same time. Had to walk down to the blackhouse village yesterday - that was interesting. On the way there, I was walking to stay still, on the way back, almost jogging to keep up with the wind! Was worth it to spend 10mins watching the sea though; 10ft rollers coming in, was spectacular.

K

Kiminality

Since most of you were spared the details, as it happened, I have a little tale of woe to share.

I lost my MR suit :(
I spent hours (no exaggeration) looking for it.
Every character's bank... Every secure in both my houses... Down the back of the settee...
Everywhere!
I was about to resign to the fact that I'd probably stashed my things safely in the trash barrel, or something equally stupid (it happens, a lot), when I logged out without thinking.
Logging back in, to a different character (who was "thoroughly searched"), what do I see in the corner of my pack?

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Do something earth-shatteringly stupid, and the world laughs at you...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh not in UO

Anyone who claims not to have done something equally as daft at some time or another is probably telling fibs, or has a selective memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.