• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'Is There Any Sanity In The Babble Thread? Discuss:' Babble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a Lot of stuff in the new expansion. Most people are having a great time with it. Making dyes from all those 'decorative plants', making baskets from them too. Carpeting castles and keeps with custom carpets bought after doing a short quest. Breeding 'battle chicken lizards' for chicken fights.
Exploring the new areas, collecting new items, imbuing, or having imbued, items to fit your template.
Even if you don't upgrade you can enjoy the proceeds from other people's exploration and crafting. Plus atm there's a return to Britannia promotion, so you can look around the shops etc and see the new stuff on sale for free.
I have one gargoyle char, to do imbuing. He's practically housebound. On Siege I stuck imbuing on my human char.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heheh too busy playing to babble - or sorting out the boards, or entering data for the site.

K

Kiminality

Exactly!
UO is serious business. No time for babble when there's things to be doing.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Start training imbuing, eh. Then I would have to do a finger-transplant afterwards!

Think I will try to legend tailoring. And as I saw the awesomeness of a dragon closehand, never attack a guarded tamer by mistake!, I might have to start working my tamer. He got a looong way ahead of him.

Gosh. Well something to do in between whacking away with my dexxer. =)

Hehe, he's very sweet, really he is. He just gets upset if people hit me! Try turning your targeting system off; I've lost count of the times I've been accidentally clouted and it's always by guildies using the targeting system!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning thread-people and threaders!

Thanks to Petras invaluable imbueing guide I am finally nearing the 90%-mark without having to stop every 5 minutes to get hunting for more essence and gold for amber. Thank you!!

:bowdown: :thumbup: :hug: :love:

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wanted a Cu Sidhe for my tamer in training. After 5-6 death robes I finally found a way of beginning to tame them without dying all the time. Lead tame takes a little bit of practise so I had to find another way. Finally I got one! Went to the stables. Feed it and stabled it.

15-20 minutes later Europa went down.

If there is a revert I will start crying.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning reverds and reverdettes!

Wanted a Cu Sidhe for my tamer in training. After 5-6 death robes I finally found a way of beginning to tame them without dying all the time. Lead tame takes a little bit of practise so I had to find another way. Finally I got one! Went to the stables. Feed it and stabled it.

15-20 minutes later Europa went down.

If there is a revert I will start crying.
And, did you keep your Cu?

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a little revert.
And I have lost my Italian course book. Has any one of you seen it?

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning reverds and reverdettes!

And, did you keep your Cu?
Yeah I got to keep it! :D It was just a 3.1 on the pet calculator so nothing super but it was the first decent one I managed to tame so it is special.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you checked the tavern of the discarded? ;)

Tavern of the discarded? I think I'm there; hubbys parents arrived today and his father is happily (and gainfully) employed plying me with glasses of a liquid that is, approximately, half coke and half demerara rum. Guildies will please excuse the non appearance of the guildleader today. I'm waaaaay to sloshed to log in!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a little revert.
And I have lost my Italian course book. Has any one of you seen it?
Have you checked the tavern of the discarded? ;)
Now that sounds like a good idea!

On another note, my Pa has been diagnosed with gout and is off alcohol. If he is anything like a friend who also had it, he will also be banned from half the foodstuffs in the universe.

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tavern of the discarded? I think I'm there; hubbys parents arrived today and his father is happily (and gainfully) employed plying me with glasses of a liquid that is, approximately, half coke and half demerara rum. Guildies will please excuse the non appearance of the guildleader today. I'm waaaaay to sloshed to log in!
Ooops. I meant cavern! :D

Hehe sounds like a pretty good place to be! Just beware of pirates wanting the stash of rum you got!

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that sounds like a good idea!

On another note, my Pa has been diagnosed with gout and is off alcohol. If he is anything like a friend who also had it, he will also be banned from half the foodstuffs in the universe.
I'm sorry to hear about your Pa.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and discarded!

Brrrr ... what a ghastly weather today. I think something went wrong and we are already in November ... which brings us back to the Tavern of Discarded *g*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe, Terry just went on a fact-finding mission. He found essence of balance priced at 50k each - we've got about 200 of them! I'm inclined to think they're a bit over priced at that.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooops. I meant cavern! :D

Hehe sounds like a pretty good place to be! Just beware of pirates wanting the stash of rum you got!

Very baaaad place to be.

*is NEVER drinking demerara rum again. EVER*

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moning all and ripped-offed!

hehe, Terry just went on a fact-finding mission. He found essence of balance priced at 50k each - we've got about 200 of them! I'm inclined to think they're a bit over priced at that.
Bloody rip-off! Same goes for the normal residue and essence you need for imbueing ... it takes about 10 minutes if not less to get 100 of each and the shops sell them at prices you would expect to get a server birth rare for! I just hope nobody is paying this ...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye, especially residue. You can get that off anything that gives even bottom end magic items, lizzies, harpies, earths etc.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is being ripped off. If they buy they can probably afford it, and figure the gold is worth the time they save. Plenty of players like that on Europa. Sometimes I`m even one of them :) Time is worth more than gold in many situations and for many players.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, you should put rum in banana bread, then it is veeeery nice.

Euuuww. That's gross. I'll just stick to Pussars, Woods old navy or Trawler rum in future. Problem solved. Never had demerara rum before, never having it again!

N

Nikodemus

Notice the amber price yesterday at Brit was 213 gp!
Is this all because of imbuing or is there somthing more sinister behind this?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's the imbuing - for reasonably priced gems try finding the travelling gypsies in Ilsh, the vagabond sells gems.

E

ElrikGarin

'Is There Any Sanity In The Babble Thread?'
Simple answer: "No - never been - never will either !"

*wicked grin*

Although I have to admit there was once a time where you "could" sense some sort of it in there...

j/k

Good to see that some things never change....long live the "Babblers" !

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very baaaad place to be.

*is NEVER drinking demerara rum again. EVER*

Quite right too.

Everybody knows that rum is distilled from a mixture of sugar, garden soil, and octopus poo.

Absinthe, Absolut Citron, Gold Tequila, and Laphroaig are another matter entirely.

It's only 1pm, but.... *sips*

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite right too.

Everybody knows that rum is distilled from a mixture of sugar, garden soil, and octopus poo.

Absinthe, Absolut Citron, Gold Tequila, and Laphroaig are another matter entirely.

It's only 1pm, but.... *sips*

Absinthe? My, that explains a LOT!!

The Laphroaig is another story; I can't, as a rule, drink uisge-beatha, not the crappy blends anyway. The single malts, on the other hand, are another thing entirely. The word whiskey comes from the gaelic uisge-beatha and the translation of that is 'water of life' - and with stuff like the Laphroaig, they're not kidding!

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna have to come down there and hurt you... possibly with an empty Tequila bottle.

:gun:

N

Nikodemus

Laphroaig!!
cough
cough

Can i get somthing to eat with that?
A pice of coal anyone ?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning babblers and coughers.

brrr ... it's freezing here ...

Pretty nippy here too. Was gorgous yesterday, all sunshine, blue skies and not too cold. Sun has vanished and all of a sudden, it's brass monkeys again!

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found a bottle of Laphroaig, Cairdeas edition in bf´s collection. Will work wonders against any kind of cold :shots: - and it sure is cold. Had the balcony door open since 4 a.m cause the annoying cat kept scratching and howling, wanting to go out, and then thought it was too cold and wanted to go inside and started scratching on the outside. Let him in, then 5 mins. later he had forgotten it was cold and started all over, rinse and repeat, so :shots:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found a bottle of Laphroaig, Cairdeas edition in bf´s collection. Will work wonders against any kind of cold :shots: - and it sure is cold. Had the balcony door open since 4 a.m cause the annoying cat kept scratching and howling, wanting to go out, and then thought it was too cold and wanted to go inside and started scratching on the outside. Let him in, then 5 mins. later he had forgotten it was cold and started all over, rinse and repeat, so :shots:

You sure you haven't got my dog over there? Whine, whine, wuff, making want to go out noises. Next thing, he's opened the outside door and is sitting in the porch watching the world go by. Absolutely fine in summer, but at this time of year, the draft will freeze my feet solid in mere seconds. Bring dog in, scolding, shut outside door. Whine, whine, wuff, makes want to go out noises. One of the kids falls for it, lets dog out, three seconds after they come in, outside door is open, dog is sitting in porch watching the world go by. And he's a crafty sod; it's always the 'I really need to pee' noise as well, rotten hound :twak:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and mods!

No babble at all yesterday? The End is nigh! I tell'ya ... for nothing!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all and mods!

No babble at all yesterday? The End is nigh! I tell'ya ... for nothing!

Gave me a nice quiet day in terms of posts to read :)

You all have to behave today. I'm making cold process soap for the first time and I'm not at all sure how it's going to go. I've read the basic instructions til I can quote them in my sleep, I've run my receipe through the soap calculator so I know how much caustic soda to use, and I've mentally planned what scents and colours I need to have on hand. And still, I have this feeling that I've forgotten something...

*goes to check everything for the umpteenth time*

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 97 begging. The elves are getting sick of me. Can it get to GM by the time Halloween is turned on, given the busy season? Will it even matter?
The excitement is killing me.

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good day all! How's everyones day so far?

Here in Örebro in Sweden the trees hade alot of colors and there is a thin mist of rain in the air. Works wonders for the eyes but crap for the mood.

Soon a lecture in social psychology and then back home to log in.

Had to check my stables! A GD that I got from a guildmate has bonded now so I guess I will have to start train with it =) Also have to finish the new template on my dexxer. But when all that is done I hope to be able to stay alive in dungeons and champs more!

I also feel the need to buy coffee, loads of coffee, once I get to the campus. My head is starting to thump.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note to self; start chemical reaction on caustic soda BEFORE measuring out oils, sorting molds etc. It takes bloody ages for it to cool down to 50 degrees C and not long at all for the oils to heat up to 50 degrees C.

*waits impatiently*

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get what Largan is babbling about, I don`t understand a word of what Cailleach is babbling about. The soda boils.. molds... cool down?

What are you making? Do I want to know? I get this image of that boiling cauldron in my head, a woman dressed in all black with a pointy hat... hmm!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get what Largan is babbling about, I don`t understand a word of what Cailleach is babbling about. The soda boils.. molds... cool down?

What are you making? Do I want to know? I get this image of that boiling cauldron in my head, a woman dressed in all black with a pointy hat... hmm!

*grins* you sound like my husband, despite the fact that I've never owned a cauldron in my life and it wouldn't be any good for soap making anyway, which is what I was doing!

http://www.self-help.co.nz/Articles/Green+Living/How+to+make+cold+pressed+soap.html

S

Seasseragh

I guess if you swap the black clothes for a white lab-coat you are closer to the truth ;)

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grins* you sound like my husband, despite the fact that I've never owned a cauldron in my life and it wouldn't be any good for soap making anyway, which is what I was doing!

http://www.self-help.co.nz/Articles/Green+Living/How+to+make+cold+pressed+soap.html
Oh nice! Need to test that out someday.

Seasseragh wrote:
I guess if you swap the black clothes for a white lab-coat you are closer to the truth
Hee. I kinda liked my image of the woman with a pointy hat.. :)

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay! A grey cu sidhe that scores 4.2 on the Pet Power Calculator freshly tamed!

I've gotten addicted to taming them! Downside is I have to quit when 4 Cu Sidhe Para's spawn :(

K

Kiminality

I now have the ugliest kimono ever!
Or second... Europa gold makes a pretty universally hideous kimono...
Abyssal cloth makes a rather swish kimono on the avatar, and the ugliest paperdoll kimono I have ever seen.

My kimono killed Dumbeldore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.