• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'Is There Any Sanity In The Babble Thread? Discuss:' Babble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh there's more to updating the site than putting a few piccies on a page. Almost every page on it needs looking at and updating to current information.

We need people who look at a page and think 'now that's wrong, it should say this and this and this'. Then instead of just thinking it, tell us which page it is and what it should say so that we can change it.

Ooooh! I can do that....

... just underneath the word "Petra", there are a load of meaningless squiggles, where the phrase "I has Mod powerz" should be.

(I will be sending Stratics an invoice for my time spent proof-reading.)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Them's not meaningless squiggles! Them's ultima runes, and if you have the runes font on your pc, like what I have, you can make anything you type look that way.

But I'm not going to tell you what it says :D

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Them's not meaningless squiggles! Them's ultima runes, and if you have the runes font on your pc, like what I have, you can make anything you type look that way.

But I'm not going to tell you what it says :D
Missus, it's like WOT I have.

Can I share Fluff's copyreading fee?
Or cake would suffice.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay! You are all heart!

(Forget all that stuff Fluff wrote about you on the Gardener forum. He is just jealous.)

T

TerryFyde

30% is 30% even if you can not spend %s. Even 30% of nothing would be missed by someone as miserly as me (according to the lore of Petra).

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, something to think about here...
It's difficult to spend PER cents, but you can spend cents.
What we need is a per remover. Any techies here that can do this?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish per everybody a good morning ... darn, where is a per-remover when you need one? Any progress with that?

T

TerryFyde

Hmmmm ...... will any incentives i save be safe in the bank ...... if after taxes there is any incentive left?

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if there is any bank left. At least UO banks don't seem to have succumbed to sub-prime mortage problems.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But even in Sosaria the real estate market collapsed ... thus RL meets proper life :D

Good morning all and broccolis :danceb:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hahahaha, who needs sanity when this thread gives us so many laughs!! Oh what the heck, :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Nearly 24 hours since a new fellow/fellowess posted a Europa thread asking for some help in a high-end dungeon; yet nobody has replied to him/her.

Fluffi says "boo!"

(I'd offer to take him/her, but my knowledge of elfy dungeons is minimal.)

How about a "babblers to the rescue" response to Ryanous? I'll follow anyone who actually knows where they're going.

Date / time / meeting place should be posted by someone who knows all this modern stuff.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Topic? in the babble thread? not for more than 3 or 4 posts at a time I don't think, not in my memory at least.

I gotta compose my 'nouncement'. Getting harder to think what to say in it.

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon all. I read today the the UK is set for a scorching summer - bout time we had some good news - yay :danceb:

*Looks outside window* raining - boooooo.

Goes back to writing dissertation.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nouncement?

Wot being nounced?

Terry put his hand in his pocket?....................:hahaha:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Nearly 24 hours since a new fellow/fellowess posted a Europa thread asking for some help in a high-end dungeon; yet nobody has replied to him/her.

Fluffi says "boo!"
We'd have offered help, but we're far far away and not having reliable net connection to go online so that is why we did not respond there... Dont think our connction from Manila will be any good, is that a valid excuse? (not to mention time zone problems lol!)

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to hear from you!!! You are greatly missed and we are eagerly waiting for your return....

Hope you enjoy your travels,
Aris

Thimblepixie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have I missed another Petra promotion - UOSS Managing Editor now? Just one small step to Queen, surely? All Hail Queen Petra! :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) Nah, this is as far as I go. I've no plans beyond UO.Stratics - mind you, I didn't plan this one either, I got suckered into it by 'he who has departed' :D

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra is the new Kofu..........................:bowdown:

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and his wallet........don't forget the wallet.................:D

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hail Queen Petra!!!

Someone departed? Oh well, there's always Barian to oil the revolving door! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he didn't leave UO tabby, in fact he was counting on more time to play it in future, Zigzag left Stratics.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
beta testing?

Thought beta testing was a UO release?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another update live. That's 6 weeks we've had an update on Friday. Still sooooo much to do though!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all and Queen! (the proper one, not the old one with the pooches ... or whatever they are)

I just checked out some of the up-dated stuff. Very nice work! I especially loved the one about mining ... made me want to get ye olde pickaxe out again and bang on some mountains! Well, I know what I will do over the weekend :thumbsup:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
more to come next week. Don't suppose Scrumpy Jack would consider updating the 'Professions, the beggar' item for us in the right hand list?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, I could ask him ... but you know what he's like: not the most charming of people. He is still madly provoking the ogre lords with his newly discovered barding skills, and lately he is fooling around with the meers in Ilshenar. I am still convinced he is up to no good ... :coco:

I will try to get him to do something for the greater good, though.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can make the same offer I did earlier in the thread, 15% of my last week's wages from Stratics :)

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello yer lot!

Well, I will take yer salary, but only if it's more than what the town criers give me when I ask them for a donation. Bloody tight bunch they are them towns people ...

Anyhow, I will write yer something for yer posh stratum papers, but it will take me a few days since I still have my appointments with them ogre lords and them fancy meer people. And my writing is not very fast at the moment, as I always have this pain in my left knee and it buggers me. Mary used to have this smelly old creme to put on for her bad skin, and it seemed to help with my knee as well. But as she is still gone to see her cousin in gargoyle land, I have to take things slower than I used to do.

So, if yer want my help, that's how it will be.

Yers bardic
Scrumpy Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.