• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 'Is There Any Sanity In The Babble Thread? Discuss:' Babble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You should have taken the b/w print-outs ... printers have feelings, too, you know :scholar:
We did print in B/W in the end... If we put in the old (empty) Color cartridge it will print, just not with the new one... Now we just hope National Express bus drivers accept B/W e-tickets!

We do start to wonder though, are there any drawbacks to Laser printers? Cause inktjets.... :gun:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love my laser printer...
There are some funny advantages and disadvantages. Inkjet ink is more likely to run if it gets wet, but is more secure as laser ink is melted to the surface of the paper and can actually be scraped off.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Good morning Europa! :hug:

Thanks Saunders! Think we use the printer far too lil for inktjet to be good, cartridges always dry out here... :sad4:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oopsie! tabbed back to Stratics screen after some mining and Bod runs, and saw my msg still open, so I pressed "submit reply" assuming I forgot that before... only to find 2 similar msgs of me?! Ooops...

S

Scrumpy Jack

Good morning babblers and babblettes,

and what a fine morning it is: lots of white, fluffy, new snow, not a cloud in the skies ... life is good. Or could be, if I wouldn't have to work ... :sad4:

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dunno about insanity, but there's definitely getting to be a lack of originality in here.......................

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Europa!
Im looking for a tamer to tame me some Cu's. Cant tame them my self since im not an elf :(
Do anyone know of a tamer who could help me with this task? Need 4-5 of them maybe.
I could of course pay the gentle tamer for the help but im not a rich man since i just returned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Need to go to the store now but will ceck back her in an hour.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra has been known to tame beasts for friends

I recommend asking nicely

:D

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
evening all, *slips a little whiskey into her coffee*

Coffee anyone?

sorry to here about te sosarian red cross Scrumpy, it will always exist in our history and I hope will rise like a pheonix one day. I have fond memories of many rezs by you all.

*puts butter on toast*

anyone got any marmalade?

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny you should mention marmalade.

I've just finished a piece of toast with said substance spread evenly over it.
(Thick sliced seville don't cha know).

It's the only thing I could eat on return from the dentist earlier. He gleefully used a tool not dissimilar to the one swinging away at the bottom of Barian's posts, and he made me pay handsomely for the privilege.

*passes marmalade*

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh thankyou

*spread marmalade over hot toast*

ah a good end to the day, other than you just reminded me that I need to arrange our yearly check up

hope you get over the treatment and of course bill soon

*gives back marmalade*

S

Scrumpy Jack

Mornin' bubbles ... errr ... bibblers? Ah, darn ...

Anyway, it's cold, I could easily spend a few more winters in bed and the banana I had earlier didn't taste of anything. What's the World come to? :talktothehand:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recommend staying in bed with a nice big mug of hot black coffee and marmalade.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks.......sarcasm on toast always one of my favourites

:lick:

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got the bill, £44.50 for one white filling.

Sooooooo be good too your teeth, chew your food properly and no cracking sherbert lemons to get to the fizzy bit earlier.

Marmalade is, however, fairly safe!

S

Scrumpy Jack

Well, whatever you can say about the German health system, at least I get my white fillings for free :D

Anyway, morning bibbles!

And, thanks, no marmalade for me, I prefer jam ...

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Peanut butter > Jam > marmalade... :D

Morning Babbledom! Or was it bibbledom? Getting all confused here with you yibblers!

Well, stress is rising, one more day until the Great Journey begins, and with that prolly our 6 months exile from Sosaria (though hoping to sneak online at friends' places!) Gaaaaah, feels like we still have a million things to do!!
Make way, make way!! *rushes out of babbledom*

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Peanut butter..................eeeeuwww...............:gun:

C

Chiera

just a cup of coffee for me pls... still to early for me to digest anything else...

*rant mode*
btw, mentioning our German health care system in a thread about sanity has a real subtle irony to itself. Last time I checked it costs me several hundreds of € a month. If that is free, I really don't wanna know what it is like when they start to charge.... well, not quite true actually, I experienced that first hand already, in addition to the monthly fee. Don't get me started...
*rant mode off*

morning all

P

Phaheela

Sanity ! Playing on europa is enough to drive you insane, the manners of some folk on this shard are pittifull !

Why is it, that when your at the trogs (had 1/2hr thought id log europa and train pally for a bit) quietly working away on a consistent spawn of 2, not getting in anyones way, when along come the typical 2 tamers on Cu's, they rush in, run round the spawn gathering up trogs & lurg, rush down to where you are, when they could easily have opted for other corners, wait till the spawn comes down & either invis or run out making sure the whole lot dumps on you &you have to hop it before lurg +6 trogs leave you stackin up the death robes in attempts to get to your body.

I am so sick of this mindless pathetic behavior, yes I know its reportable & yes I did take a whole series of screenies & paged on them, its not as if its a rare happening, its happened to me nearly every time I go there to other folks on a regular basis.

Arghh im angry lol, i mean, how many braincells does it take to work out that there are at least 4 other free spaces where lurg & co can be lured & worked with pets, im so sick of these idiots thinking that we're just going to put up with their low life tatics and come back later, its time we all took a stand & let them know enough is enough.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all.

to be honest, if I decide to play with the trogs I usually do it in Fel. More fame there and much less likely to be interrupted.

It's a shame, for every idiot on Europa there's 4 or 5 pleasant, friendly, helpful individuals. But it's the idiots that stick in the mind more :(

Anger is more memorable I guess.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning chaps!
Nice cup of tea, a bowl of porridge under the belt, and the day free to get some jobs done. What more can one ask?

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to mention the porridge would be my choice.............:talktothehand:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thing is, Saunders, some folk are ageist, or sexist etc. Barian's porridge-ist. I've learned not to mention what I had for breakfast :D

T

TerryFyde

Is the answer to a question that has been deeply worrying me held by a babbler?

My worry is why is the Easter Bunny so late this year.

Is it because of a change in its breeding cycle, global warming, the credit crunch, has it been looking for our lost sanity or is there a more sinister explanation?

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Easter Bunny's schedule is decided by the Church & The Moon

linky

I always knew choccy was a religious experience

:scholar:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOOHOOO!!!! I finally remembered my password for John :D

Well, remembered is probably not the right word for typing in hundreds of combinations of likely names and possible passwords until one finally worked ... but I got there in the end!!

And yes, I think the date for Easter is somehow depending on the 17th full-moon after the 3rd eclipse of some minor asteroid in Capricorn unless there was more than 64ml of rain on the last Sunday after the beginning of Winter (which, of course, is not as easy to determine as Whitsun) ... or something like that. Or you just peek at a nearby calendar ...

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's very easy. Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal (spring) equinox, assuming that the equinox is on March 21st (I think), Maybe also assuming that lunar months have alternate lengths of 29 and 30 days, but they may have started to use real rather than ecclesiastical moons.
Of course the bunny also breeds according to the moon, so it all fits.
And porridge is the only breakfast that cuts through foggy mornings. Barian, while wise in other matters, has not reached enlightenment in this matter.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's very easy. Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal (spring) equinox, assuming that the equinox is on March 21st (I think), Maybe also assuming that lunar months have alternate lengths of 29 and 30 days, but they may have started to use real rather than ecclesiastical moons.
Of course the bunny also breeds according to the moon, so it all fits.
And porridge is the only breakfast that cuts through foggy mornings. Barian, while wise in other matters, has not reached enlightenment in this matter.

You said "breeds"... that's naughty, that is. I'm gonna tell Petra on you.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any aspersions that may be perceived to have been cast on any lapine habits are purely illusory...

Status
Not open for further replies.