• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] The Bulk Order Deed set up

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Heya fellow crafters! I'm Adeka, and I mostly haunt the rares forums, but I am an avid tailor as well and have 3 legendary tailors over both my accounts. It's fun to me, it was the first thing I did when I first played UO in the late 90's. I love to sew and knit in real life as well, a very relaxing hobby indeed.

So I am wanting to get a set up going so that I can fill BOD's for profit. I have as I said many crafters to get the bods for me, but I want to know if there is a certain process you all use to organize and streamline the process. I only do green bods, are there certain ones wielding better returns than others? Any form of discussion and helpful hints are welcome here!

I am located on Atlantic shard and would love to see your set up as well!
Thank you for any help in advance. :D

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do you also know about bribing the npc for a better bod? that will also help you in getting a higher bod then the one they give you.there is also a program call uo bulk order deeds not sure if it is allowed but that program was very usefull in sorting out you bods and letting you know what you rewards was for tailoring and blacksmithy

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
sorting, bribing, recycling

for example, I sort SBODs by LBOD types

horned and barbed runics have about the same price
spinned are much cheaper and are difficult to sell

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I know about bribing the NPC's, yes.
I don't use what I call cheaty programs in UO, it's the old fashioned way, or no way at all!
I have my bods sorted by type and amount. Although I have been bribing everything up to barbed and or 20 count.
I guess I wanted to know how you set up the books and the actual matching on the orders. Any detailed information will be helpful. Right now I have a 15 and a 20 count cloth book, a bone book and a barbed book.

I filled my first big bod order and got my first runic kit today! Oh I was excited. Then the dog began to whine, so I took him outside. For like ten minutes tops. Come back to find myself still standing in the Luna tailor shop and the runic kit gone. Not the start I wanted from beginning to do bods. It makes me want to swear a lot of swear words. If you're reading this and you stole my kit, get a life. I took the time to get the small bods and fill them and then get the big bod and fill that. You just stole because you can and I have nothing good to say in that regard.
Sorry for the little rant.

Thanks for the help thus far :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I feel for you that you lost a runic! Word to the wise though this is what fel is! either dont go there or at least dont turn in bods there! turn them in in a safe area like tram..or dont leave character unattended ...lesson learned

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel for you that you lost a runic! Word to the wise though this is what fel is! either dont go there or at least dont turn in bods there! turn them in in a safe area like tram..or dont leave character unattended ...lesson learned
He was in luna not fel..unless this was on siege..probably a guildmate..sucks..

I had 4 out of the 7 90 charge barbed kits I had in pack stolen before I realized what was happening and banked them..some people get off at stealing from guildies..not sure why tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if it was guild mates then time to find another guild! that sucks

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...I guess I wanted to know how you set up the books and the actual matching on the orders. Any detailed information will be helpful. Right now I have a 15 and a 20 count cloth book, a bone book and a barbed book....
Bulk Order Deed Books are able to filter on the following elements: Quantity (10, 15, & 20); Quality (Normal & Exceptional); Material (Cloth, Regular, Spined, Horned, & Barbed). They are unable to filter on the actual item type (e.g. leather tunic, short pants, bone leggings, etc...). With this in mind I set up my Tailoring BODs, so I could maximize the use of the filters (database filters are there to do the work for you).

My Tailoring BODs are organized by Large BODs Types, see the following image:
Tailoring BODs.jpg

The books contained within the crates further divide my BODs. The deeds for each "large type" are grouped in labeled books. When I am filling a particular large BOD, I can use the "Set Your Filter" option to quickly browse all of the BOD books in the crate stacks. Each bullet point below indicates which deeds are sorted into a single book (I have multiple books of the indicated deeds, which is why there are several crates). The clothing deeds are sorted int crates according to which type of footwear is required (there are two large cloth deeds for each type of footwear).

Female Leather
  • Leather Bustier, Leather Shorts, Leather Skirt
  • Studded Bustier, Studded Armor, Female Leather Armor, Large Deeds
Male Leather
  • Leather Cap, Leather Gloves, Leather Gorget
  • Leather Sleeves, Leather Leggings, Leather Tunic, Large Deeds
Studded Leather
  • Studded Gorget, Studded Gloves, Studded Sleeves
  • Studded Leggings, Studded Tunic, Large Deeds
Bone Armor*
  • Bone Helmet, Bone Gloves, Bone Arms
  • Bone Leggings, Bone Armor, Large Deeds
Footwear**
  • Sandals, Shoes, Boots, Thigh Boots, Large Deeds

Gypsy & Town Crier
  • Gypsy - Bandana, Shirt, Skirt, Large Deeds
  • Town Crier - Feathered Hat, Fancy Shirt, Short Pants, Surcoat, Large Deeds
Lady & Peasant
  • Lady - Bonnet, Half Apron, Fancy Dress, Large Deeds
  • Peasant - Floppy Hat, Full Apron, Plain Dress, Large Deeds
Hat Collection
  • Cap, Wide-Brim Hat, Tall-Straw Hat, Tricorne Hat, Large Deeds
Brigand & Jester
  • Brigand - Skullcap, Doublet, Kilt, Large Deeds
  • Jester - Jester Hat, Jester Tunic, Cloak, Large Deeds
Farmer & Wizard
  • Farmer - Straw Hat, Tunic, Long Pants, Large Deeds
  • Wizard - Wizard Hat, Robe, Body Sash, Large Deeds
*There are only two crates for Bone Armor, because I do not keep the most of the regular leather deeds.

**I do not keep the large, regular leather footwear deeds. The small footwear deeds are used to fill cloth larges, since the rewards are equivalent (by quantity and quality). By reserving the regular, small footwear deeds for cloth larges, I can fill four cloth larges for cost of only one footwear large.

Early on, I tried having books for each item type, but that became too cumbersome to sift through and sort a BOD run back into. I also tried having one book for larges, but I found including the larges into one of the small books to be much faster.

I can reach every BOD crate from where I am standing in the image.

I try to keep the books no higher than the 200 count mark, so I can easily hold them in my backpack along with the items I craft.

You can collect cloth small deeds with 0.1 Tailoring on your other character. You can then turn them in with your actual Tailor, for a chance at rarer deeds. This will help you build up your stock pile of deeds to turn in.

This system works well for me, but you might find another set-up better for you.