• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Babble Thread - with all new +STUN+ code! [Off Topic]

B

BadgerSmaker

Yes yes, there is only SWG!

Working on my Farstar Spy some more last night, cl71 so can work on the pre-reqs.

Managed to find some cheap carbine damage pups after trawling the bazaar which will be handy. Got the heroic pre-reqs to do which will get me to cl75 tonight at least and then into some PvP.

Will be weird to play a spy in PvP.

P

Penti

Its alot of fun, depending on whats going on. It really is a waiting game. You have to become like the wolf.......... stalking your prey, picking off the weakest members of the herd. Hit and run.

Of course killing random nubs that are running comms missions during quiet periods is alot of fun. Kill them a couple of times and then they persuade a few mates to "guard" him. Of course the CL90's get bored v quickly and eventually lag behind a bit and BAM!!!! killed the nub again :)

Its like sanctioned griefing :D LOL

B

BadgerSmaker

Hmmm, not sure if I'll get much satisfaction out of stuff like that, it's that kind of tactics that gives spy a bad name I think.

...at least I hope there's more to it than that... :)

B

BadgerSmaker

What an awesome weekend... had a beer and an ice cream on the way home while chatting on the #starwars IRC channel that I am trying to get people to use and then took my oldest son to the cinema, thought he would prefer to watch The Dark Knight but... result... he wanted to see Clone Wars!

I reckon he was just saying it as he knows that would be my choice, but I wasn't really bothered either way... we both really enjoyed it, go see it if you haven't already.

Continuity seems to have been somewhat suspended as the search for more money for the Star Wars franchise continues but very entertaining nonetheless.

Did some PvP in SWG on teh smugglezorz in the evening but nothing particularly memorable there.

Saturday I challenged the weather by driving the family to the beach, ended up being nice and sunny where we were with dark clouds all around the horizon so we were very lucky.

Built a tunnel complex in the sand with Ryan and Rosalie, great fun! :D

Saturday night I levelled up my Spy a bit, could only find two others that wanted to group and it was slow going as one was a nub that kept trying to get me to buy stuff, "Want to my a flamer for 500k?"... freaking scammer.

Sunday we just chilled as all tired from the beach. Did some more PvP but it was hard going, got a few 1v1s which I one but the rest was gankzorz and massive lag.

Came back later in the evening and was driving around Restuss as rebs had the city and couldnt find a group, saw a red dot between rebel base and the city, then two, probably shouldn't get involved as outnumbered but dropped in next to them anyway.

Quickly sized up medic and light jedi team, started pounding the medic till he stasis'ed, kited the Jedi and gave him something to think about till stasis dropped then unloaded on the medic and took him down.... turned my attention to the Jedi and he force ran while under dire snare immunity and that damn root proc had me, Pistol Whip and damage dumped and he was a gonner... I love it when things like that happen, worth getting ganked a few times.

Switched to the spy and formed a group of 7 which tore through our compnor missions and got me to cl74, great group and made up for the nubcake of the previous session, polished off a couple more musty quests to cl75.

Tried to find a munitions trader to make me a new carb and the Spy Senator seems to have come through for me as he plays on Farstar too.

Logged onto Infinity to check my Elite Harvies and I'd neglected it for so long that it blew up... doh. :(

Z

Zokra

Good weekend for me :)

Free cinema Friday night - saw Clone Wars... not sure whether I liked it or not... looked amazing but the story was a bit 'meh' and voice acting was pretty mediocre...

Free curry Saturday night - yum!!

Free bbq on Sunday!!

No time for games though :(

B

BadgerSmaker

I didn't really have any expectations of the film, the way they had the characters walk seemed messed up, but fighting etc was fine... dunno what that was about.

P

Penti

Sorting out my smuggler dude slowly. Got beernapped last night, hence not being on in the evening.

Started the contraband collection thingy, but the drop rate sucks!!! Gonna try and get my pistol made, but still unsure about the elemental part and what skin to use?

Weekend was remarkably quiet on the booze front :(

B

BadgerSmaker

Skin doesn't really matter does it? Just get one of each elemental made and you're good to go.

M

MiranConti

Good weekend for me :)

Free cinema Friday night - saw Clone Wars... not sure whether I liked it or not... looked amazing but the story was a bit 'meh' and voice acting was pretty mediocre...

Free curry Saturday night - yum!!

Free bbq on Sunday!!

No time for games though :(
I was surprised to see Samuel L. Jackson play his role in the clone wars instead of using some other voice actor like they did for the main roles. :danceb:

B

BadgerSmaker

As I understand it, Mr Jackson will undertake any role that he thinks will be fun.

Only found four players to group with on Farstar last night as I was an hour and a half late for the reset and most had done theirs already.

Still, got a 150% of the XP I needed to level up instead of 75% that you get solo.

TRS, the Spy Senator knocked me up a very nice CL76 carbine last night, very handy.

Need to get a group for the heroic pre-reqs, finish off musty and Kashyyyk and then get on to Azure Cabal and Reb TP while also grinding those COMPNOR missions.

Reset my expertise to something a little more useful... A point in Arachnes web gives you access to level 1-3 of that special, but yu get level 4 without using expertise?????? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Went for Covert Mastery and Preperation to mitigate action costs a bit as buring expertise in the 20% carb action cost box seemed far too expensive for what you get.

Very tempted by revealer and the stealth snare mitigation boxes... Will have 7 points more at CL90...

P

Penti

Skin doesn't really matter does it? Just get one of each elemental made and you're good to go.

Aha, but of course it matters mate, looks are important !!

Got some more PvP in last night and scrapped together about 10k GCW.

B

BadgerSmaker

Gah I have to do more PvP too... think I only had 6k or so...

Will put Spy on the backburner tonight and load up teh Smugglezorz for some fun. :D

Did you see that Tuck came back? He was in the IRC channel I set up and we got him interested enough to log into SWG.

D

dracokyaku

The Clone wars was quite fun. looking forward to the series now.
I read somewhere that the director was a huge fan of Gerry Anderson stuff and the (walking) animation was supposed to be a tribute to the supermarionation effect.

In other news, played Starwars TCG yesterday, it's not bad really, kept me occupied for a while.

P

Penti

Gah I have to do more PvP too... think I only had 6k or so...

Will put Spy on the backburner tonight and load up teh Smugglezorz for some fun. :D

Did you see that Tuck came back? He was in the IRC channel I set up and we got him interested enough to log into SWG.
HOLY CRAP!!! You're kidding me? When, where, what? Still on Reytuck? Still rebel?

Gonna skip the gym tonite I think and get some more play time. Need to sort my BH to Spy respec, but havent the patience to do the +35 grinding for a new suit. Having seen how great the new marauder recon armour I am definately getting another set made. Just gotta weigh up whether to buy the 30 odd powerbits I need or spend ages trying to do them myself

P

Penti

The Clone wars was quite fun. looking forward to the series now.
I read somewhere that the director was a huge fan of Gerry Anderson stuff and the (walking) animation was supposed to be a tribute to the supermarionation effect.

In other news, played Starwars TCG yesterday, it's not bad really, kept me occupied for a while.
Say what? Is that the online beta or what? Thought that wasnt out yet?

B

BadgerSmaker

Darrk is over this weekend and I plan to meet up with him in London somewhere, Friday night probably then last train home... Should be short enough time to avoid me drinking myself into an embarrasing mess... Again.

Wanna come along?

P

Penti

Would love to, but cant do this weekend as I'm supposed to be going away fishing.

Took Restuss singlehandedly last night. Ran in, unbuffed and alone, with just my trusty FWG5. Saw a Reb dude with his pet and went for him. Ignored the pet as it was only hitting very lightly, realised this dude was a medic but carried on anyway. Got snared somehow and the bloke legged it??????? Anyhow, as I was contemplating chasing him down, up pops a jedi and goes for me. Pop the old damage combo off and a couple of shots later he's dead at my feet....... W00T for me !!!! Managed a 13.2k crit without pups, buffs, food or anything :D

10mins before anyone else showed up and prolly another 10 before any rebels appeared. I R GAWD !!!

P

Penti

Thats the wierd thing, didnt have any stasis icon or anything. Could only figure it was his pet maybe?

Z

Zokra

w00t! Reading Festival this weekend! 3 days of beer, burgers and loud rock music! w00t!

B

BadgerSmaker

Looks like a nice place, not totally convinced that it'd be a good family destination...

Dad: "Kids! We're going on holiday!!!"
Kids: "Yay thanks daddy, you're the best!!!"
Mum: "Nice! Where are we going honey?"
Dad: "FISHING!!!"
Kids: "...."
Mum: "..."

B

BadgerSmaker

Mornin'

Had a great time on Friday night getting wasted with Darkk and friends, little too good a time and left my phone in the taxi home! :(

Meh, cest la vie... rest of the weekend was spent with my baby girl, worked from home yesterday as I went for a CT scan of my brain at hospital to do with some migrane like symptoms I have been having... but not migrane...

Was quite a cool machine. :)

P

Penti

and friends? So who showed? Anyone I know?

CT Scan ???? Sounds serious bud?

Quiet, relaxing weekend for me. Spent far too much money. Got no loot cards on that damned TCG thing across 3 accounts. How sucky is that?

Found my 1st ever best mate from infant school on Facebook. Its completely bizarre and we're hoping to hook up for a beer in London soon. Turns out he's a filmaker, and when I say filmaker I mean proper films..............

http://www.hangmanfilms.co.uk/Feature_Films.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCiRW-zeR_w (trailer)

B

BadgerSmaker

Heh, nice to meet old mate... was just Darkk and the couple he was staying with, think you may have met at a previous meet.

CT scan is just in case, neurologist doesn't think it will show anything, just thinks I drink too much coffee. :)

Speaking of which... Coffee time!

D

dracokyaku

Mornin'

Had a great time on Friday night getting wasted with Darkk and friends, little too good a time and left my phone in the taxi home! :(
Ah, that explains it, he sent me a text the next day asking if I'd heard from you as he'd been trying to call you but got no response.

B

BadgerSmaker

OK... UK fan meet up in February?

Thats 6 months notice.... lets thrash out the details of exact date and time and location!

P

Penti

You know I'm good for it. Trouble with a "winter" meet up is you can invade a beer garden.

So, what parameters are we looking for? London I assume? Function room or just invade the bar area? Central(ish) or backstreet? Trendy or "spit n sawdust" ?

Oh, loving Smuggler btw :)

Z

Zokra

Yarg! Just cancelled all my mmo subs... including SWG (one of which has been active almost since launch)...

It was a tough decision but I really don't play any of them anymore so I was basically paying to keep my stuff in the world which was nuts...

Not sure whether I'll pack my stuff up 'just in case' or give it all away yet... watch this space...

P

Penti

Ooooooh maaaaaaaate :(

Gutted now :(

Oh well, whatever happens dont be a stranger and if this meetup happens that Badger is talking about happens then I expect you in attendance to quaff a few sherberts and help me keep the slack b'stard in line !!!!

Z

Zokra

Well, sub runs until late October so if I have some time to change my mind...

Had a moment of clarity and realised I'd probably never really play SWG again like I used to and I was just paying for nostalgia really... always thought I'd be around till the servers closed... but meh...

AoC was my only other active sub and I've completely lost interest in that. Sadly I paid for 6 months so my account is active till 24th December... will likely give it another go in a month or 2 just cos, but I don't see myself resubbing.

I'll still hang around here though and am always up for beers and laughing at drunk badger.

B

BadgerSmaker

Damn Zokra, no more games eh? I give you a week before you snap.

Saturday February 7th (unless that sucks for some reason), somewhere fairly central and easy to get to, not totally classless and a function room would be good.

I'll try and blag some freebies.

Z

Zokra

That's the day after my birthday :) I'll be old+1...

Kind of already 2nd thinking the decision to quit... but I think I need to stick to it... I really don't see myself ever playing the game again to any great degree... though the sub is cheap to keep active... argh...

P

Penti

OMG, Exactly 6 months after mine !!!!

@ Dax - That pub I linked to.......... It might be my imagination, but didnt we crash a UO meet there?

Want me to start mentioning it to some of the guildies?

B

BadgerSmaker

Had a lovely weekend of destressing...

Managed to level get 17k GCW on My Chim Smuggler and then got my spy on Farstar to cl90, I quit my guild on Farstar an joined a new one called TJO a week or so ago and they have been one of the best guilds I've ever been in (bar INCAP).

Really active at all times, actively use voice instead of typing, very helpful and best of all they have no idea who I am. :)

They keep giving me noob advice which I think is cute, then they say things like "Hey, last night I was surprised that a cl89 spy was able to keep up in the ISD, usually people new to heroics have a hard time". :D

P

Penti

Oh, if only they knew..................

Thought I was right about the pub and was quite nice from what I remember?

B

BadgerSmaker

Phoned up The Lamb but the land lady doesn't have a 2009 diary yet, said to call back in a couple of weeks to give her a chance to buy one and book it.... remind me... ;)

P

Penti

Got bored last night after a successful EK run with my smuggler, so started a toon on Farstar as something to occupy myself, a female commando called Bajingo.......

Z

Zokra

Been watching too much Scrubs I reckon... eh Penti?

I spent most of the weekend building new furniture and flicking my balls... nearly resubbed to SWG... stopped myself...

P

Penti

Hectic weekend............watching Scrubs(I wish)...... working Sat and Sunday, site visit, gym, babysitting. Whew!!!!

Got a little SWG done, but not a huge amount. Finally completed Order 66, Hero of Tatooine and a few minor ones. Want a few big sessions this week to get some more heroics sorted. Think I may have enuff for 1 piece of jewellry :(

B

BadgerSmaker

Got time to PvP over the weekend and had an awesome time of it, ended up on 19k GCW.

Rather be with my baby girl than play SWG usually though.

P

Penti

Trying to get my BM business back up and running, so doing some respeccing and lot juggling.

Oh btw, which Jewellry set would you recommend for Smuggler? I've been plugging away at the old heroics and am getting to the point where I can probably get a couple of pieces. Wouldnt want me to make a duff choice would ya? ;)