• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Adventures of Nightstalker

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
History is written by those who win, the losers are busy being buried. My version stands! :D

I suppose it is better, when people see the thread bump to the top, they know there is new material.

LOL, nice story. *three cheers for the Nightstalker*...la

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is sort of a letter of apology...

This evening while I watched [KOC] finishing up the Rat Spawn in Despise, I saw
a <red> Frenzied Ostard named Nightstalker. Swiftly he moved and hide he did and
stealthly did he scoop up the Gold upon the ground that [KOC] spurned.

Bit by bit the piles faded away into two large piles. These piles seem to move on their
own toward the area near the grave of Gerold Tiggins north of the sparkle gates.

Now, I know you will not mind that I lighting your number of trips to the bank.
So, I took 9k in gold. I just want to help you in your labors.

Hopefully we will not meet... since I am such a pacifist.
But, I do watch for this and that...take care... and do not let the Greater Dragons bite you!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is sort of a letter of apology...

This evening while I watched [KOC] finishing up the Rat Spawn in Despise, I saw
a <red> Frenzied Ostard named Nightstalker. Swiftly he moved and hide he did and
stealthly did he scoop up the Gold upon the ground that [KOC] spurned.

Bit by bit the piles faded away into two large piles. These piles seem to move on their
own toward the area near the grave of Gerold Tiggins north of the sparkle gates.

Now, I know you will not mind that I lighting your number of trips to the bank.
So, I took 9k in gold. I just want to help you in your labors.

Hopefully we will not meet... since I am such a pacifist.
But, I do watch for this and that...take care... and do not let the Greater Dragons bite you!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
Yes, you did take MY gold! I noticed it, and made a quick trip to the house to add Detect Hidden to my template... unfortunately, you never returned to my pile... * evil grins *

I did manage to have other fun with the skill though, and there will be a new episode once I have time to write it!

B

Black magick

Nice haul on that last kill man. Carapace and cursed orny... very nice.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh no!! Don't start that drama on THIS thread! The mods will lock it, then I'd have no way to update when new episodes are available!
A friendly recommendation if you don't want your thread locked. Don't say things like, "My guess is that you're Sal Malina... hack program cheater" as you did in this thread and in your story page.

Your stories are a nice diversion from the routine forum nonsense, just stay away from personal attacks.

Also, expect people to begin taking screenies of your corpse now. To use your words,"Smile for the camera!"

B

Black magick

It appears you have a fan Night XD. You know if people start taking screenies of a dead thief, you know somethings wrong with em...

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It appears you have a fan Night XD. You know if people start taking screenies of a dead thief, you know somethings wrong with em...
Its just my prediction.

I was interested enough to scroll through all 8 of his chapters. I hope he sticks with his project and I intend to check it occasionally.

But why are screen shots of a dead thief less interesting than a NEW miner, a solo spawner, or a dragon farmer?

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah... I was out numbered 6 to 1... three tamers and their pets. I killed two Hattori's, one of them twice, and I killed their pet puppy. I would have gotten away with it all if it wasn't for Tom Waits' Dragon... it was the spoiler. Tom Waits was hidden, and I was more greedy than patient. I revealed to loot their corpses, and he sicked the dragon on me. In the future, I will wait for him to reveal to rez his fallen friends. I may not win every time, but I learn.

I will provide the pictures of the dead thief... I have no shame, theres nothing wrong with dying. I dont claim to be the best PVP'er out there, I dont even claim to be a PVP'er. Don't get too excited if you kill me, it isn't that difficult... my stories are a bit misleading, as they most always show me the victor... consider the source, I write them, so of course I'm biased as to which adventures to show. I fail just as often as I win... I was out numbered and I lost, but only because I was careless, as mentioned above... I could have walked away with the loot of three bodies, if I did things differently, but I ended up walking away naked, and it's ok!

That's the beauty of this shard over all others... there really IS risk to your actions, and that's why I'm staying!

Here are the pictures... I made four kills ( 3 human , 1 dog ), and they killed me just as many times.

I had fun anyway! :D

The flaming torch on my corpse was funny, marking my location.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A friendly recommendation if you don't want your thread locked. Don't say things like, "My guess is that you're Sal Malina... hack program cheater" as you did in this thread and in your story page.

Your stories are a nice diversion from the routine forum nonsense, just stay away from personal attacks.

Also, expect people to begin taking screenies of your corpse now. To use your words,"Smile for the camera!"
Thanks for the warning, I was already warned by a moderater in PM about it. It wont happen on the forums any more, but my stories are out of their reach! :D

Good, take screenies, we could use more story tellers. You can write stories of thieves being whacked... you can make manuals of " How to protect yourself from thieves in todays troubled world "... I'd like to see my corpse in some stories, it shows others are having as much fun as me, and arent just out there farming resources to put on their vendors, or afk training their pets for a future use.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may brag all you like about dying while pestering my naked tamers while they performed some pet training. It’s why I go there with nothing to lose; someone always comes along looking for an easy kill.

You died three times. Twice to the dragon belonging to my guild mate and once to spawn while you tried to kill my Cu Sidhe. Unfortunately the spawn got you before I did. I am a stealther too and I have watched some of your work. You have been amusing so far, if you keep up the comedy you might be spared.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You may brag all you like about dying while pestering my naked tamers while they performed some pet training. It’s why I go there with nothing to lose; someone always comes along looking for an easy kill.

You died three times. Twice to the dragon belonging to my guild mate and once to spawn while you tried to kill my Cu Sidhe. Unfortunately the spawn got you before I did. I am a stealther too and I have watched some of your work. You have been amusing so far, if you keep up the comedy you might be spared.

The spawn 'spawned' behind me just as I was finishing up on the dog.

I'll be sure to put on a jesters hat when I see you're in the area! :D

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The spawn 'spawned' behind me just as I was finishing up on the dog.

I'll be sure to put on a jesters hat when I see you're in the area! :D
Sorry the spawn snuck up on you :spider:, but you did not "finish off" the dog.

You may dress as you please. I kind of like you already.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry the spawn snuck up on you :spider:, but you did not "finish off" the dog.

You may dress as you please. I kind of like you already.
I had four pixies on it and one natures fury, it was at 100% health when I started the assault, and it was at 0% health when it ended. Does it matter that I dropped dead just 3 seconds before it did? It was my attack that killed it.

Now we just need to get rid of the pet bonding, and get rid of the stat decrease on tame...
That would make the shard better.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry man. I thought I mounted the dog. Either way. It was fun watching you dirtnapped by spawn while you were focused on the pink Cu Sidhe!

Bonded or not, that dog was simply at the Shadow Ele to allow other pets to train. No dog can hold a candle to a decent greater dragon. Mine was stabled at the time. I am sure you will get the opportunity to meet her. The name is (currently) Shadowlord Slayer. Respect her or hate her, does not matter to me either way. I recommend you stay hidden around her none-the-less.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry man. I thought I mounted the dog. Either way. It was fun watching you dirtnapped by spawn while you were focused on the pink Cu Sidhe!

Bonded or not, that dog was simply at the Shadow Ele to allow other pets to train. No dog can hold a candle to a decent greater dragon. Mine was stabled at the time. I am sure you will get the opportunity to meet her. The name is (currently) Shadowlord Slayer. Respect her or hate her, does not matter to me either way. I recommend you stay hidden around her none-the-less.

Kill the tamer and you don't need to deal with the dragon! ;)
I have ways to deal with dragons too, depending on my surroundings.

Pet bonding makes tamers over powered, they can be careless with their pets, because there is no loss if it dies. They can leave it afk killing while they are at work, or doing whatever, and they only have to tame up to 13 animals to keep in stables, then the actual skill is worthless, except taking up space on the template to control the animal.

Remove bonding, and tamers will have to be concerned with the health of their pets, and they wont be all fully trained 7 GM, as they do get killed from time to time. ( as pictured above * grins * )

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, you did take MY gold! I noticed it, and made a quick trip to the house to add Detect Hidden to my template... unfortunately, you never returned to my pile... * evil grins *

I did manage to have other fun with the skill though, and there will be a new episode once I have time to write it!
I had put the Hiding and Stealthing skill away for Cash's event!
I am very visible right now...I had lost a skirmish with TnT at Despise...
I guess I just got to close to their Spawn... Where were you?

The Dark Outlaw gave chase after I startled him... at the entrance. I was
leaving TnT alone.
But, I evaded him with good horsemanship...
Please note I did not name him...I did not want to embarrass anyone.

For those who will catch me here and there...I am never up to anything too
sinister. I do leave gold on the ground lots of times... I am counting my
kills with gold...I am probably only working up Fencing or collecting only that
impossible to find rare item dropped on a monster.
I want to warn...I may accidentally kill a red... again! It has happen before...
and you will never know where I be.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix.

B

Black magick

Unless of course you gate out of luna and i start tracking ya real quick. *evil grin*

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suspect that if the game had perma-character-death we would be be more careful ourselves. You might not have wasted time killing a bonded pet (knowing there is no gain in it) if the risk of dying (as you did) was greater.

You should join a faction so you can at least inflict some stat loss on people. Or do you fear the fact that you risk the same fate?

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suspect that if the game had perma-character-death we would be be more careful ourselves. You might not have wasted time killing a bonded pet (knowing there is no gain in it) if the risk of dying (as you did) was greater.

You should join a faction so you can at least inflict some stat loss on people. Or do you fear the fact that you risk the same fate?

As I already stated, yes, stat loss would be counter productive to my training. As I also stated earlier, I am not a PVP'er, nor do I claim to be one... so to toss myself into factions would be tossing myself into the PVP realm, which isn't my goal... I want my skills to go up, not down, and I don't want to cause other peoples skills to go down, especially in a ROT environment.

I may be a cold blooded thief/murderer, but I am not completely heartless... that is bordering on griefing people! :p

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, nice loot. If anything, it should get you some shinies for the return of those items...la

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You never mentioned the beatdown you got from me that sent you skittering back into the same holes the rats crawled out of, but otherwise good story.

Didn't want to mention gettin' skullcracked by a tamer, eh?

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You never mentioned the beatdown you got from me that sent you skittering back into the same holes the rats crawled out of, but otherwise good story.

Didn't want to mention gettin' skullcracked by a tamer, eh?
Thanks!

Yes you managed to get a few hits in on me while I was trying to cast gift of life on myself ( just in case )... but I did escape into the shadows with my excellent manuvers...

Now my skill is high enough to simply shadow strike. :D

( And my Ninjitsu has gained by leaps and bounds too )

A

archite666

*claps* bravo night stalker! Id love to have you steal from me anyday!

A true credit to Siege my friend.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great stories man. I sat and read everyone.

I remember hopping a gate one day into your house and having a stealth fight with you and your pixies. We had each other on the ropes a few times. I only wish my ninja had been higher skill at the time as my shurikens did nothing to help bring you down.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great stories man. I sat and read everyone.

I remember hopping a gate one day into your house and having a stealth fight with you and your pixies. We had each other on the ropes a few times. I only wish my ninja had been higher skill at the time as my shurikens did nothing to help bring you down.
Yeah that was a fun fight.

Saint Dismas is guild chatting,"where you at?"

"fighting at my house" ( you opened a gate to Luna in my bedroom )

You ran off just in time, as he was getting there! ;)

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No new episodes...yet.

I am reworking the whole site, making the back end easier to navigate for my own use, so I can make episodes easier and more quickly.

In turn, that should allow more episodes more frequently.

I noticed some poeple going to my site today on my tracker, so my appologies to you for the mess. I am working it out.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, Mullet said he had his own screenshots of "The Incident" and he'd post them soon, so...

:drama:

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
s always a great read. Keep em comin bud. I must know though. How long must you lurk about waiting before you can find such amusing entertainment sir?