• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) The *Absent Friends* Babble Thread

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gots a UO dilema! Last week I did naturalist quest to get rare seeds with the intention of making dye from the plants. They flowered, and I got a black vanilla plant and an aqua vanilla plant. Do I cut them for dyes or do I keep the rare flowers?

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep the rare flowers ... do the quest again ... simples

:grin:

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6 posts; SIX !!!!; in three months of babble !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are posters who would be weepimg if they saw this.

... add to this PsychO making roleplay threads; and Barian locking Mervyns' thread before I can ask him why he never responded to Mrs Bunnis offer to PvP him in real-life...

... things aint what they used to was. *sigh*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Psycho helped me do a champ spawn a couple of weeks ago - only he didn't know it was me and I decided against telling him :p

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That'll be the old age creeping up on you ;)

Now where did I put my pipe and slippers, I'm sure I had them when I put the milk bottles out.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Is it still allowed to babble a little? I hope so! This evening I was wondering... In the cold snowy landscapes, why don't the water ellies turn into ice ellies? *scratches chin pensively*

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope everyone have had a merry christmas!

So, what do you do now with all these bods? Store them on even more vendors? Oh my...

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Start a confessional - secrets of a BOD hoarder, part 403...

Really should pay a vendor to hold them for me, but I'd likely forget to pay for them!

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can turn them in for the new rewards avaiable, or save in the hopes that they will have the artisian event in 2017. I actually foregot to place vendors in my house to store my bod books, I need to do that to frre up space in my one house. On my list of things to do for the new year :).

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been picking bods for years, back when it was a point to have a large collection. Not having the time to fill the lbods I got, they have just been piling up. I have 14 vendors with bods. It might be time to fill some...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I set up my first ever bod holding vendors in the cafe at the bath house. Seated them all around that fancy table from the horn of plenty. Had a little fun naming them instead of leaving them all at default.
Tom Baker holds my cooking bods, Will Smith, Wilbur Smith and Jada Pinket Smith have my smith bods, Rod Taylor, Elizabeth Taylor and Taylor Swift have my tailor bods, Jessica Fletcher has my bowcraft bods, Karen Carpenter has my carpentry bods etc

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great naming strategy there Petra! Mine is just called ringmail, chainmail etc... I am without my main PC this week, it's bing repaired. (Or so I hope) So I can't do more in UO than log in and collect more bods. That is all my laptop can do sadly. Hoping for better times!

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooo that naming of vendors made me all nostalgic for the small vendor keep just to the left of the entrance to Vesper graveyard where I spent many a happy hour back 15 years ago. Sigh.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ehm, does anyone know where to send in new questions for the "Question & Answer Corner" of the Newsletter?
Callum, nostalgia is one of the big strengths of this game, no? ;)
Serafi, I hope you'll be back on your main PC soonest! I myself am again considering getting a new desktop, as this computer somehow started the random resets or freezes again after 3 months without that nonsense. :(

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Serafi, I hope you'll be back on your main PC soonest! I myself am again considering getting a new desktop, as this computer somehow started the random resets or freezes again after 3 months without that nonsense. :(
Have no idea where to send in anything for the Newsletter. Hopefully others will know. Sounds like your peecee have the same thing as mine had. Turned out to be the harddisc. Ooof. Had a backup, but of course not everything. Make sure to take backup now before it's too late!

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ehm, does anyone know where to send in new questions for the "Question & Answer Corner" of the Newsletter?
Callum, nostalgia is one of the big strengths of this game, no? ;)
Im not sure, but the questions might be from the devs meet and greet that they have once in a while on different shards. Think there is a schedule somewhere here on stratics or on uo.com :)

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Guess you could always try sending them directly to Mesanna? Would be interesting to go back to a Five on Friday style where the questions come from the readers. Oh wait, those don't?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they're picking up on questions asked at the Meet and Greets.
I know that the questions I used to collect for them the consisted almost entirely of the 'gimme' nature, or the 'change this because I don't like it' type, which was rather depressing. I'm pretty sure they would have preferred the 'how does this work' and 'what is that calculated on' type.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much, which is why I'm not. Easier to manage when it's only your own group there and each knows what the others will do.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Also not in Doom, we usually are some 5 years (or more) behind on what is hot in game. Also haven't visited Eodon yet (apart from Hwakwind for a few quests). Still PLENTY of things on our to-do wishlist and never enough time for UO as it is.

Belatedly thanks for the responses to my last question, I was too embarrassed to respond after realising that most of my list of questions would (somewhat) fall into your depressing category! lol :blushing:

New question for you babblers, heh. We like it that the small pieces of Blackrock are stackable now, but it seems they only stack during a mining session and when we want to put them in the bank all stacks cannot combine with the older similar stacks. Does anyone else have that problem? According to UO Guide it should be 4 types so 4 stacks?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOG is correct, but seems to have neglected the fact that old will not stack with new, which is where the problem is, I think.

My problem with the wretched stuff is that my dexxers are accustomed to carry a small piece, insured, against Dark Wisps, and now, you can't insure it. The ones that were insured have remained so, but you get the 'can't insure' message for the rest now.

And I'm avoiding Doom too. It used to be mad fun and a bit of a challenge. Now it's just flippin annoying!

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ehm, I was not clear I think, the problem we have is that new stacked pieces won't stack with even newer stacked pieces after another mining session... Still have to try to keep wearing them, took them all out of the bank this morning.
And can I ask, what is annoying about Doom now?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooer, ok, sorry, that one I don't know about!

What's annoying about Doom now? Almost all the things! Less the one they fixed, which was the doors to the healers room not being there and the healer charging extortionate sums for a res, whilst getting all snuggly with a couple of Dark Fathers.

More, much much more, summoned spawn. And someone thought it'd be fun to turn the teleport to boss function allll the way up. I didn't actually take a step on my archer last weekend, but she was bouncing around the room like a damn ping pong ball. And the flesh renderers now have periods of invulnerability, after which they teleport to wherever you are in the room and gank you...

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks for explaining! I think I am happy Doom Gauntlet isn't in my agenda for the next 4 years or so! ;)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*Ouch!* Hadn't done a taming run all week so far, so figured it was overdue.... but completely forgot about the Felucca Deceit run event this evening. So innocently taming a few polars outside our home became eating snoOooOw, bah! :stretcher:

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wondered if you were still around Bobar..was reading the old bulletin board..I've built in the same place as before in Trinsic by the water :)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wondered if you were still around Bobar..was reading the old bulletin board..I've built in the same place as before in Trinsic by the water :)
good to see you back - both of you?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are about Medea come to the Brit Bank meeting any day between 6pm and 7pm - gathering there every day for a long time - sure to be some you know - i usually get there around 6.30. Hope to see you there.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Medea Blackwood by any chance?

If so, I have a rose with your name on it, and one with Johns name too - if you'd like them, leave me a message and we'll sort out meeting up :)

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Cailleach..I'll be at the bank at 6.30 ish ...thanks Bobar..but there's no rush for the roses..lovely to think you still have them :)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hmmmm, saw the date on the Europa "Zoo Filled" Party Cake, and it is already exactly 9 years ago today! Glad the cake, pizza and pan of cookies do not go green and smelly, as we still have all 3! :) Too bad the Moonglow Zoo is so deserted nowadays...

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Babblers! I realised today I've not been in UO for... um... a little while. Just a short blink-and-miss it time period of maybe 3 years. Got a little distracted with writing, and now with making a game myself, and sort of... slipped a bit. Didn't let my sub lapse, though. I will hold on to my house in Malas for grim death.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmm, saw the date on the Europa "Zoo Filled" Party Cake, and it is already exactly 9 years ago today! Glad the cake, pizza and pan of cookies do not go green and smelly, as we still have all 3! :) Too bad the Moonglow Zoo is so deserted nowadays...
Was it really that long ago?. Talk about 'time flies'. Still have my items too somewhere among all the junk, I know where the cookies are the other 2 are hmmm somewhere lol.