• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) The *Absent Friends* Babble Thread

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dedicated to those no longer with us.

In my case my friend, babble & hunting partner and guildmate

Laton

Or as he was known to a few................."Dirtnap"

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Laton and Sally Buttons - both legends. Both died way too young. And both deserve to be remembered as pioneers in UO role playing. Sally Buttons played a serf with a penchant for getting kidnapped and rescued and cried a lot. The source of much drama and fun. Laton played a cold-hard killer very well. The Darkcloaks and The Serfs were two of Europa's finest ever guilds with true imagination and true flair. Guilds and players sadly missed.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Much love to Laton and Buttons, both absolute legends who I will/have missed.

Quick question: What is happening with dungeons...? My grilfriend chose to make a character on UO (God love her) and we went to Despise to help her get trained up. We promptly left after finding it full of all manner of nutcase monsters. Britain sewer was even worse, some area effect slimes laying the smack down. S'the plan?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the dungeons have been re-vamped.There are guides on the site - just put 'revamp' into the search box on http://uo2.stratics.com
I recommend starting with the new player quests in Haven if you haven't already. From there it really depends on what skills the character has.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next question !

Who or what is the UO Historical Society as seen in the following sketch...

Is there a central location where the addresses of their protected buildings can be viewed?

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only Kas would start a discussion on UO in the Babble Thread

Good to see you again Kas

:pint:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scrumpy is still missing Typhoid Mary a lot. He believes that the Gargoyles kidnapped her, but I fear something much more sad has happened.

:oops:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I just realised that THIS is the new Babble Thread ... good bye old, dusty Babble Thread *waves*

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next question !

Who or what is the UO Historical Society as seen in the following sketch...

Is there a central location where the addresses of their protected buildings can be viewed?
Looks to me like the historical building has fallen in this photo, and other houses placed. Can anyone verify this?

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wondered about that

*awaits Petra with explanation*

:D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The board shows the next thread above and the next below as links at the top of the one you're reading. When the thread you're reading is at the top the function apparently loops around and shows the very bottom thread, ie the oldest one on the board. Not really sure why it does that. :(

thymy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh Laton, i remember him so well can picture him drinking at the meet up even now, rip my friend
and Sally buttons, also a lovely lovely person removed from us far too early, rip to you

and ello to all you old buggers still babbling, even that cheeky scamp of the north east is around mr valentine!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how can I get the biscuit coloured background back? This white on black I have is annoying!

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Click the "Style Chooser" on the left of the bar at the bottom of the page
The biscuit background is "Default - UOclassic"

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am more than happy to hand the Babble over to Laton and Sally.

Do them proud.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am more than happy to hand the Babble over to Laton and Sally.

Do them proud.
... and on a personal note, this thread will always be for the flame-haired bard extraordinairre "Sister Seagull"

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A whole month without Babble ..... won't do chaps

*shakes head*

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*peers round door*

It's awfully quiet in here!

Hello everyone, just thought I'd pop in and say hi, let you know I'm still in the land of the living! All is well in Cail land, business isn't bad and the shop is doing ok :) Got a quiet bit in the season just now, just waiting for the next jump in numbers. The car park, small though it is, can fit three coaches, a couple of RV's and a dozen cars - it's a bit like a big tetris puzzle!

I'll pop back again in a wee while, take care all x

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss [KOC] Rak and Pyros, and also XlordX and Joshua Do Roe those were the days. And also myself, Mr Pink, rest in peace Pinky until I resurect ya !

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am not dead yet - I rely on you guys to do the same with the babble.

*mutters things about babble not being what it used to be*

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*peeks round door again*

Shop is closed now, but still, lots of work to do. Hopefully, I'll get it again next year, and there's commission pieces to make too. Was lovely to see Aurelius and Muffin in game the other day. I will pop in when I can, but, it's almost Mod time now!

Hubby took this pic this morning. The cat that thinks he's a parrot - he'd also quite like to be allowed to 'help' me spin! Which is a lot easier in game than in rl. Same goes for chainmail, processing fleece, dyeing fleece ... And please excuse the stuff everywhere; I'm in urgent need of a workshop and somewhere to store my materials - there'll be soon no space for us in the house!

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail to all,

i am just having a few days off and using them to do silly things, like rearanging items and skills in Sosaria *grins*

My thoughts also went to mentioned and missed players and besides sadness theres also some nice memories involved!
Maybe its time to add a new masonry craftable item, a gravestone with one bookslot in it, and the possibility to engrave
it with a Title, what do you think?

Greetings to all Europa players, past, present and future ;-)

Crest

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can`t believe I missed the anniversary gifts! First time since I started playing. What were they ?