Test Shard should be backup of Prodo Shard

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
A

Adder_Atl

From now on they should use backups of Regular shards to test the publishes.

Speaking for myself, I do not use Test Center to test anything except various templates and God Suits.

I missed Draconi's massive test the one night, and tried several times to see if any towns were invaded, either they were cleaned up really quick, which I dought, or no one plays factions on the Test Shard.

What do you all think?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2002
Hell
I think they should really use Test Center for everyone, Origin for the "prodo test" for a week like it should be so we can really get bugs out...and then live....then again, i'm a sucker for punishment

A

Adder_Atl

The problem with Origin being the Prodo Test Shard is, there's no one there to test ( no offence).

During the Spring Cleaning event, with the 25 k tickets. On other shards you could run through, almost any time of day and get someone to res you.

Origin, you almost always had to make the run back to the shrine before ressing.

A friend packed up and moved to Origin back when it started, but has lost interest, as it is no fun being the Bully on the block when your the only one around to beat up.

The few times that they have made copies of Prodo shards were the best.

This way you can test your own stuff, (can my house be bigger, can I solo that beastie, if I tweak this on my template would it be better or worse, etc.)

Also, the things they are possibly breaking, are already had by the users, and do not need to be hunted for or gathered.
Just my 2 gp