TC3 & EA-Land going offline immediately...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

On that issue, what I have found to work is...

find a spot on the lot large enough to place the object leaving a square on every side. If it is in pieces play with them until they link. Whether in the right way or not. Then pick the item up and set it back down on another empty spot on your lot. I think this is happening because the lots are too small for all the items. Do not try to turn a computer to set on the desk right. Move the chair or move it away from whatever is obstructing that side of the desk. I have lost custom computers and telemarketing systems trying to turn them. Place the chairs after you place the computers or before you set another desk in front of it in a store.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Quick reminder:

EA-Land Town Hall
Friday, February 8th
4-5 pm, Vishwa: He is working on upgrading EA-Land to DirectX 9 client!
5-6 pm, Laurent: He is working on bringing in Cash Out and other cool stuff!
6-7 pm, Parizad

20 more minutes and Vishwa and Laurent are off the hook.

Too bad Parizad got last shift. Ya think Lee can stretch out the down time?

I

imported_princess45001

i have huge lot and huge house but have yet to afford lots of items lmao so not so sure this is why is happenng but will keep in mind the computer tip thx:)

D

DGLita

i just tried to login and got an update. The login in screen is slightly different, but when i try to login i get error 1016

anyone else tried?

G

<blockquote><hr>

i just tried to login and got an update. The login in screen is slightly different, but when i try to login i get error 1016

anyone else tried?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We're having issues. EA-Land is not up yet.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Be careful not to twirl things near the property boundaries. I managed to get half a code machine stuck out of bounds in TC3. Other half can't be moved at all now.

G

Error 1016's are being reported en masse in the Tech Advice forum. My guess is that the game servers aren't up yet?

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

anyone else tried?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read Up ^

G

<blockquote><hr>

Quick reminder:

EA-Land Town Hall
Friday, February 8th
6-7 pm, Parizad

[/ QUOTE ]

*pouts* So does that mean I'm gonna have to wait until 10pm (est) before it's up and running and oh.. something about cash? Does that mean they're bringing payouts at jobs and objects back to what they were?

G

I'm getting error 1016 even tho the EA Land status shows its up.

G

I could be wrong, but I believe cash out is cashing in your simoleans at an ATM for real life bucks.

G

Cash Out is where we can sell simoleans back to EA. We already have Cash In with the ATM.

J

jessewhitelaw

simple to rid of error just login as old city then try update it

P

princessofsh

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Quick reminder:

EA-Land Town Hall
Friday, February 8th
6-7 pm, Parizad

[/ QUOTE ]

v.v Not being rude but that doesn't sound like anything for me. I do not pay for simoleans I did one time and I got it the hard way. Never doing it again. I sorta find it pointless. Can't you make you own money?

But anyway, from what I see nothing really "special" for me. Ah well *keeps waiting*

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

how long is the downtime on ea-land ?

thx Max

P

princessofsh

Well it started like 6:30ish est time and now it's 9 PM it's been a while

N

Noddy Bond

Who changed the order of the citys on the log in?

3 times i just logged into TC3 without realising the list had changed order and EA-Land is now at the top.

i would like to recieve the award for being a donut and not looking properly now thank you.

S

Sean Kendrick

hopefully they'll fix all the bugs! or atleast the roof for now!

V

ValarieNicoleBF

lmao, I didn't reinstall because the game was down.
It's cause I didn't have an upload folder so I couldn't do custom content.
I wasn't sure if it was the reinstall or the game being down that I was getting an error.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

lmao, I didn't reinstall because the game was down.
It's cause I didn't have an upload folder so I couldn't do custom content.
I wasn't sure if it was the reinstall or the game being down that I was getting an error.

[/ QUOTE ]

no reinstall is needed for this, just create the folder yourself

V

ValarieNicoleBF

I was thinking that, but then I was like nahhh, EA would've done that for me...
Apparently not though, lol.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

3 times i just logged into TC3 without realising the list had changed order and EA-Land is now at the top.

i would like to recieve the award for being a donut and not looking properly now thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ack! Not only did they change the order but EA-Land looks like it is available to all now. It is no longer listed as subscriber only!

Run!!!!! Lock your doors! Hide! The noobs are coming, the noobs are coming!

I

imported_MooMooLand

I just tried to log in and got another update, after that the order was back to normal, Ealand is still only for subscibers...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

how long is the downtime on ea-land ?

thx Max

[/ QUOTE ]

We're trying to bring it up, but EA-Land is like "Na-uh... try again later. Kthx!"

...and we're like, "Mofo! Come up! Come up now!"

...and EA-Landis like, "Pffft! You ain't the boss of me."

So we're trying to convince her that yes, we are indeed the boss of her.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ack! Not only did they change the order but EA-Land looks like it is available to all now. It is no longer listed as subscriber only!

[/ QUOTE ]
Wooo! Yay N00bs!

D

Dita'

tell that ealand! hands you some ameretto, did i spell that right?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome detective work, Racie McRacerton! We might have to roll it back. It is giving us issues.

N

Noddy Bond

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

TSK TSK you should know i am already here MUAHAHAHA i am a noob forever, but you knew that already lol

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

We're trying to bring it up, but EA-Land is like "Na-uh... try again later. Kthx!"

...and we're like, "Mofo! Come up! Come up now!"

...and EA-Landis like, "Pffft! You ain't the boss of me."

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO your just to funny at times !!!

NO Buggies and all the hugies

S

simfounder

Maybe it would be wise to actually allow user testing of each released version in Test Center 3 for longer than 12 hours before deciding to release it to EA-Land? How about a week? Seems like it used to be like that in the old TC1. Then you guys could go home at quiting time, instead of having to do panic code patches.

J

jennnnny

Kinda seems like maybe updates shouldn't happen on Friday afternoons. Let's face it... Friday night is busy playing time. I would think updates would best be done on Monday mornings??

G

<blockquote><hr>

Kinda seems like maybe updates shouldn't happen on Friday afternoons. Let's face it... Friday night is busy playing time. I would think updates would best be done on Monday mornings??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was originally the plan. With this one, we figured, "Heyyyy, what could go wrong?" As everyone can see, we got our asses handed to us publicly.

It burns.

So, no more Fridays. We're all agreed from this end.

G

Well, for as much as we've all been crabbing, we're all chomping at the bit to get back in, so I guess that says something! lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Quick reminder:

EA-Land Town Hall
Friday, February 8th
6-7 pm, Parizad

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't make sense for me to open Town Hall just to close it 20 mins later. This weekend, I'll be bouncing around EA-Land. Drop me an offline message or IM me when I'm in-game.

Make sure to check out the blog tonight about the player event we're running this weekend. Have a fantastic weekend, guys!

S

StarreTee

*warning cheerleader post coming*

Thanks for staying and getting the place back up and running. Have a great weekend!

/cheerleader post

M

mysticlisa516

Offline message? Are you kidding me? Left one a few days ago with no reply, and it was about something you were checking into a couple weeks ago. I have no trust in any of you devs any longer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Offline message? Are you kidding me? Left one a few days ago with no reply, and it was about something you were checking into a couple weeks ago. I have no trust in any of you devs any longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, let me rephrase. Please leave me an offline message. I will respond to the 100 or so a day that I get as time permits. Also, please keep in mind that as soon as I am online, I am bombarded with IMs. That's not to say that is a bad thing because it is usually from sims that are having issues that need help.

I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. I believe I responded to you earlier today before EA-Land went offline. If I did not, then even more apologies!

I

imported_LFancey

I need to read through this but after I take a breather...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]<font face="courier new">root@root:fdisk /dev/hda0</font type=fixed> always works for me at removing pesky little control problems!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I need to read through this but after I take a breather...

[/ QUOTE ]

...and a few shots.

Lee, you rock! Thanks for bringing EA-Land back up. We all love you.

Edited to add: ...and by "we", I mean me and Randy. Everyone else is like "Lee who?" I'M KIDDING!! ::hugs;;

N

NightFlyer

Any ETA on version notes as to the update we just experienced?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
EAzy Land is female, eh???

Suddenly everything becomes clear.

R

ryotgrrl13

yay i'm so happy now that i'm back from the airport...and only 20 minutes late cuz i ate my taco hell...EA Land is back!!! wooohooooo

G

I have read alot of the post the last couple days... and im like wow step back guys take a breather... these people are working hard day and night... why for one reason us... Their gonna make mistakes .... its trial and error as with anykind of computer programming... No I dont like whats going on but dang people give them a break they are at least trying to do something.... just because its like this now doesnt mean it will be this way forever... Try some patients... its a virtue .... and forgod sakes give the devs a break their working hard and as fast as they can... ever stop to think their rushing because they know we want things fixed and new so their trying everything they can. All i have seen as of late is some very ungrateful sims... stop looking at the small picture and look forward to the big picture at the end of the tunnel.