• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer Templates

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am going to add a link to this thread from the A-Z sticky. If people could post some taming templates they have found successful with a brief description it would be appreciated.

120 Animal Lore
120 Animal Taming
120 Discordance
100 Magery (70 real)
50 Meditation
120 Musicianship
120 Provoking
100 Veterinary on Soulstone
  • This template I use mostly as a second to my treasure hunter. Provoke and discord allow this tamer to control treasure chest spawn with relative ease. I also have 100 Veterinary on Soul Stone in case I decide to use this character on significantly harder monsters.
110 Animal Lore (105 real)
120 Animal Taming (105 real)
100 Evaluating Intelligence
100 Magery (70 real)
100 Meditation
60 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak
100 Veterinary (80 real)
  • My first tamer build, I use evil omen in necromancy to boost damage on bosses/event monsters. Spirit speak is a nice heal when I get poisoned/mortal strike. And eval gives my magery some oomph.
85 Anatomy
120 Animal Lore (105 real)
120 Animal Taming (105 real)
120 Archery (115 real)
120 Chivalry
100 Spellweaving
105 Tactics (90 real)
  • My event character, Enemy of One, Armor Ignore, Pet damage and debuffs plus Word of Death means a lot of damage on a event boss.

Last edited:

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage tamer:
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
The classic template and still my go to. With a suit built on high MR, SDI, MI and DCI, this character is a tough out for any mob.

Weaver/tamer:
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Magery
120 Med
120 Spellweaving
High damage template. High MR, MI and SDI, I forego DCI on these builds and try to make them maximum damage output. On a couple built like this, I only go 100 Vet and add 20 Focus for a little SR and an extra MR.

Obviously max LMC and FC/FCR go with both templates above. All my tamers have eaten Level 3 primers and their suits can maintain Consume Damage while still firing offensive spells.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weaver/tamer:
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Magery
120 Med
120 Spellweaving
I also run this but only 90 vet and 30 points in something else but I can't remember. I carry jewels to bump to 120 when I need to res pet. I should bump to 120 real thinking about it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My bard/tamer template

Male Elf.
Scrolled to 250
STR 114, DEX 13, INT 150
HP 107, Stam 13, Mana 177

Skills
Animal Taming 120 (real)
Animal Lore 120 (105+15 ring)
Vet 120 (105+15 ring)
Music 120 (110+10 on song woven mantle)
Provo 120 (real)
Disco 120 (105 +15 Bracelet)
Magery 100 (55 real, +15 ring, +15 bracelet, +15 book)

Suit is 69/70/70/70/73, 1150 luck. 100+ LRC, only about 35 LMC, and typically no FC because I have protection cast (physical is after protection). About 20 MR.
Sometimes, I will swap out disco for peace - especially if running my 120 disco cu sidhe.

Currently, shopping for a better talisman, after lowering magery from 106 to 100, and training up lore and taming to not need my Birds of Britannia talisman.

Gardo

Journeyman
I’m slightly tamer crazy but these are the three main tamers I play.

Bard Tamer
Male Elf with primer3
This is my main tamer. He has the majority of my trained pets and I can take him most anywhere and he’s quite effective.
40lmc-30mr-100lrc-4/6fc/fcr
70/70/70/70/75
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Magery
120 Music
120 Disco or Peace or Provo

Bard/SW Tamer
Female Elf with primer2
Still optimizing her armor for lmc and mr. It’s a pretty tight build but is a lot of fun as long as I can find an arcane circle...
70/70/70/70/75
90 Taming (120 with items)
90 Lore (120 with items)
105 Vet (120 with items)
85 Magery (120 with items)
120 Spell Weaving
110 Music (120 with items)
120 Disco or Peace or Provo

Necro Tamer
Male Elf with primer2
I don’t recall the specifics on this armor but know it’s pretty tight with the MoT and Bracers. A lot of fun though...melts through the first 2-3 levels of many champ spawns.
70/70/70/70/75
105 Taming (120 with items)
95 Lore (120 with items)
95 Vet (120 with items)
105 Magery (120 with items)
120 Eval
90 Necro (120 with items)
110 SS (120 with items)

Lightfoot

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With jewelry

Taming 120
Lore 120
Vet 120
Hiding 100
Stealth 100
Herding 100
Spellweaving 120

This template makes it easy to tame for sale anything, anywhere. Herding is the most under rated skill. With this template I have wiped out entire guilds in Destard. No one can withstand the Dragon Parade.

Falcon

Visitor
Taming 120
Lore 120
Magery 105 (+15 Anon's spellbook = 120)
Eval 80 (+40 jewelry= 120)
Med 120
Spellweaving 120
Vet 55 (Carry jewelry to get to 95 for pet res)
This template is very versatile. With Gift of Renewal and Magery healing along with consume damage, vet is rarely needed in the field, but you are able to switch to vet mode if needed or for an emergency pet res. Only real problem is sometimes you'd rather have a slayer or SDI spellbook. I'm looking for good jewelry with eval AND magery on it in order to solve this, but for now, it's the book unless I want to settle for 105 magery.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My actual Mage/Tamer

Taming 120
Lore 120
Vet 90
Magery 120 (100+20 cristalline ring)
SpellW 120
Med 70
Eval 100
Focus 20 (0+20 ring)

Can do most of the situation in game, but pet must trained very well or you can die fast

P.s. never make skill with 5 final like 95/85/etc. Most skill increase effective with jump pf 10-20.

DeBruce

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hi, anyone got experience with Garg Thrower Tamer ? For high Damage Output ? Any sugestions for a Template ?

thx

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My gargoyle "hybrid" mage / warrior on Drachenfels:
110 (+10) animal lore
100 (+15) animal taming
100 (+20) veterinary
90 focus
100 magery (or 100 chivalry)
100 tactics
120 throwing

My gargoyle paladin tamer on GL
117.4 animal lore (still increasing)
93.3 animal taming (still increasing) (+20 on jewels)
110 veterinary
90 chivalry
80 focus
24.3 magery (set to decrease)
90 tactics
115 throwing

Last edited:

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Parry Tamer (Mainly used when champing during dead times or for taming new creatures)
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 parry
120 Magery
120 Resist Spells
120 meditation

110 STR
90 DEX
60 INT (+35 on items)

With 45 DCI allows me to cast and avoid most damage while assist my pets running champs and makes lead-Taming a breeze.

Archer/Thrower Tamer

115 Archery/throwing (+5 from Despise item)
120 tactics
120 Taming
120 lore
80 anatomy (+10 talisman)
85 Chivalry
80 Healing (+20 from suit and +10 from bandages)

Managed to pretty much duplicate the suit (archer pieces took forever to get enough Stam+10 legendaries) with 215ish stam and about 20-25 SSI on suit.

Usually run with a CuSidhe (GD sometimes when just need the meatshield) but if I’m running in a group and it doesn’t need to tank ill usually bring a Rune Corruption pet to increase my damage output.

Have started contemplating a mystic tamer build but not sure what it would look like yet.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Taming 120
Lore 120
Vet 120
Hiding 100
Stealth 100
Herding 100
Spellweaving 120
that's a lot like the temp i decided on, but with ninjitsu and some magery, instead of spellweave.

Tame 110
Lore 110
Vet 100
Hide 100
Stealth 60
Ninja 100
Magery 100
Herding 100

Mostly because I didn't really have time to dedicate to training game again, I rolled this guy on an EJ account to start with 50 tame. I've tried tamer mage and loved tamer archer, but I really wanted to go a different route.

Like lightfoot said, tame for sale or tame for friends was the idea. Animal form for regens while vetting, as well as mounted speed with a 5 slot per out. Smoke bombs are pretty fantastic in a pinch.

This template makes it easy to tame for sale anything, anywhere. Herding is the most under rated skill. With this template I have wiped out entire guilds in Destard. No one can withstand the Dragon Parade.
Herding also really, really rocked for training tame. Worth playing with just for this reason, imo.

My only dps comes from pet, and I'd need a mage wep (and more mage skill) for melee defense... But it's fun so far!

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Howdy. I was searching around the forums on Archer-Tamer templates and found this thread here, so I wanted to ask about a template I'm running to get some feedback.

I like to call it a Ranger template. Ranger and archer jobs are some of my favorites in RPGs.

120 Animal Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Archery (95+25)
120 Tactics
120 Chivalry
55 Anatomy
100 Stealth (75+25)
30 Hiding (*Invisible jewelry, potions)

Pet: Chiv-Ai Cu 20HPR 30MPR w/Consume Damage
Weapon: 57-71 Composite Bow, 1.25/sec, 211Stamina, 55%SSI, 38%ML (@100 damage, 15ML)

I do a lot of heavy lifting with this temp via DPS. I have an excellent way to re-direct hate. I have FC3/FCR6 for 1 second heals and cures. Solo'ing bosses can be tricky and require attention to detail in order to heal pet/mount-escape-heal, but I've not found myself alone often enough to worry about world or champ bosses. Without a dedicated healer, they take some. Anyway, my only draw-back is mana leech as I continue to tweak this style of play.

Running consume and trying to spam AI as much as possible, means that I have to stagger out firing my AI hits with a 1-2 second delay between strikes, sometimes much more. It's really a lot of fun as is, but I am trying to tweak this temp so I can find a way to continuously spam the AI on a non-slayer world boss.

If any mob has a slayer, it's really not a problem, though because my deeps are high enough I can chain reasonably well. I still need a few moments of pause between shots.

Thus, I was interested in hearing feedback about adding Wraith Form, while being under a Chivalry template. I've never done it. Anyone have any opinions?

Is it really annoying to micro-manage the karma loss and gain? Or does anyone have a tip for keeping your karma above 18,000? (18k appears to be the break-point for DF & ConWep, though I'm not entirely sure.) I checked last night to see how much the karma loss is and it's roughly 300 points or so, eyeballing. The only place I know to gain karma relatively quickly is from Balrons.

Anyway, anyone run anything similar to this and have some tips?

Thanks a million from a fellow ranger to fellow rangers and tamers everywhere!

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Using various items (+20 from Mark of Travesty, +78 from jewelry, and +10 from totem), I've boosted my skill number up to around 825. For a while I tried boosting it up even higher, to like 885, but I found it is better to run with 120s with a flexible suit rather than trying to cram everything in. I've settled into two primary templates.

Tamer/Bard
115 Taming
110 Lore
120 Music/Disco/Prov/Peace
120 Magery

With 25+ MR and JOAT, I am able to keep both peace and provo mastery songs up without meditation. This is a very versatile template.

Tamer/Mage
115 Taming
110 Lore
120 Vet
120 SS/Necro
120 Magery
120 Eval or Weaving

I primarily use this template for spawns, but it really can be used for anything. Corpse skin + flamestrike + a fire beetle with RC is a deadly combo. Also, the Necro mastery is very underrated -- conduit creates chaos at spawns.

What's good about this 825 setup is that I can mix and match easily. For example, with my Tamer/Mage template, I can swap out SS/Necro for Music/Disco depending on what I am fighting.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Using various items (+20 from Mark of Travesty, +78 from jewelry, and +10 from totem), I've boosted my skill number up to around 825. For a while I tried boosting it up even higher, to like 885, but I found it is better to run with 120s with a flexible suit rather than trying to cram everything in. I've settled into two primary templates.

Tamer/Bard
115 Taming
110 Lore
120 Music/Disco/Prov/Peace
120 Magery

With 25+ MR and JOAT, I am able to keep both peace and provo mastery songs up without meditation. This is a very versatile template.

Tamer/Mage
115 Taming
110 Lore
120 Vet
120 SS/Necro
120 Magery
120 Eval or Weaving

I primarily use this template for spawns, but it really can be used for anything. Corpse skin + flamestrike + a fire beetle with RC is a deadly combo. Also, the Necro mastery is very underrated -- conduit creates chaos at spawns.

What's good about this 825 setup is that I can mix and match easily. For example, with my Tamer/Mage template, I can swap out SS/Necro for Music/Disco depending on what I am fighting.
My tamers necro template is similar to yours. Currently I have (with items):
120 Taming/Lore/Vet
106 Magery
110 Necro
120 Spirit Speak
115 Eval Int (I can get 120 but need the scroll)

I love this template at spawns and like you said, it works great with a fire beetle, also works great with a fire or poison drake or a fire steed.

I have not used Conduit much. It doesn't last very long. What spells do you use with it?

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My tamers necro template is similar to yours. Currently I have (with items):
120 Taming/Lore/Vet
106 Magery
110 Necro
120 Spirit Speak
115 Eval Int (I can get 120 but need the scroll)

I love this template at spawns and like you said, it works great with a fire beetle, also works great with a fire or poison drake or a fire steed.

I have not used Conduit much. It doesn't last very long. What spells do you use with it?
Well, technically, I try to do conduit -> corpse skin -> poison strike. But, you are right, it doesn't last too long, so I generally go conduit -> poison strike for massive splash damage.

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What does everyone think about rolling a melee tamer?

This would be what I would have in mind.

1) Taming 110 + skill jewelry
2) Lore 110 + skill jewelry
3) Vet 100
4) Weapon Skill 100+ skill jewelry
5) Anatomy 100
6) Tactics 100
7) Healing 100

My pet would have to be tank-ish as it would be sent to attack first with me following behind. Would this be a viable template against high-end mobs and champ spawns?

SouthPaw

Lore Master

3) Vet 100
5) Anatomy 100
6) Tactics 100
7) Healing 100

My pet would have to be tank-ish as it would be sent to attack first with me following behind. Would this be a viable template against high-end mobs and champ spawns?
I would drop healing and pick up magery. You'll need gate to get newly tamed pets to the stable, otherwise you'll have to walk them out of some scary places where they'll likely die. You can also heal/cure yourself and pet with magery. Or instead of magery take Chivarly which you still can't gate with, but you can at least recall after pet bonds with you, and it has nice buffs for melee and heal/cure.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7) Healing 100
For a melee tamer, healing brings its own strategy, imho. Enables staying engaged with enemies which target switch frequently and not being forced to invis or back off to a distance immediately. Master the Tamer Tap-dance®.
In this case, tactics got the cut. Melee weapon mainly for hit effects first, damage second. Chivalry primarily for remove curse, dispel evil, and sacred journey. Favor band-aids over spells where possible.

Base Template (Add bonuses to suit, I prefer stats to skills:
120 Fencing/Macing/Swords
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
70 Chivalry
110 Lore
120 Taming
100 Veterinary

Elf
120 STR
125 DEX
10 INT

Cu sidhe or giant beetle.
Discord or rune corruption.

Ran the above template with basic cu sidhe during the Crimson Dragon town invasions.
Standing at the feet of a Crimson Dragon with two bake kitsunes and onlookers wondering why I wasn't casting heals, or generally being dead, was fun.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

3) Vet 100
5) Anatomy 100
6) Tactics 100
7) Healing 100

These days with items being what they are you can squeeze out an 820 skill point char easily. Add in Chiv. My temp like this I use Archery to be able to stay away from the fray some... and of course due to the Hunters Headress and all that archery bump it gives.

Also, I do not worry with Magery on the char. I just buy pets or have friends tame, let them bond and SJ all over the place.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
These days with items being what they are you can squeeze out an 820 skill point char easily. Add in Chiv. My temp like this I use Archery to be able to stay away from the fray some... and of course due to the Hunters Headress and all that archery bump it gives.

Also, I do not worry with Magery on the char. I just buy pets or have friends tame, let them bond and SJ all over the place.
SJ?

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sacred Journey

I made a melee tamer just a couple of hours ago and went and tamed a couple of Highland Boura. it's almost unfair how strong they are with them only needing 47.2 taming to get. I'm having a blast with them as I race the Boura to the target to see if I can get a hit in before they kill the target.

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
For a melee tamer, healing brings its own strategy, imho. Enables staying engaged with enemies which target switch frequently and not being forced to invis or back off to a distance immediately. Master the Tamer Tap-dance®.
In this case, tactics got the cut. Melee weapon mainly for hit effects first, damage second. Chivalry primarily for remove curse, dispel evil, and sacred journey. Favor band-aids over spells where possible.

Base Template (Add bonuses to suit, I prefer stats to skills:
120 Fencing/Macing/Swords
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
70 Chivalry
110 Lore
120 Taming
100 Veterinary

Elf
120 STR
125 DEX
10 INT

Cu sidhe or giant beetle.
Discord or rune corruption.

Ran the above template with basic cu sidhe during the Crimson Dragon town invasions.
Standing at the feet of a Crimson Dragon with two bake kitsunes and onlookers wondering why I wasn't casting heals, or generally being dead, was fun.
Need at least 60 tactics real skill for both special moves. Take anat down to 80, wep skill back down to 100 + jewels, 110 taming + jewels, And either drop chiv or healing down 10 points. But you have to have 60 tactics :p

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamer/Mage/Spellweaving
120 Tame
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Magery
120 Med
120 Spellweaving

ABC/Tamer
95 (120) Archery(Hunters Headress & Quiver)
1oo Tac
100 Ana
100 (120) Chiv
100 (120) Bushido
120 Tame
100 Lore

Mero1789

Visitor
My Template in Process Real Stats:
Lore 110 Taming 110 Vet 100
Music 120 Disco 120
Med 100
Mage 50

My Idea: Use Disco and Spell Songs to support my Pet. Need Med for use both Spellsongs. Add Skill Points in Magery with Equipment. I like Soloplay and i like to play in Groups.

Question: Many Templates have no Meditation. I m not sure to cancel Med and add Provocation. How many MR i need to cast both Spell Songs?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To give you a rough ideal it 120 Mediation and 150 Intelligents you get 1.42 Passive Mana Regeneration. With 30 Mana Regeneration and 150 Intelligent you have 1.72 Passive Mana Regeneration. This is in leather armor. So at best you would have 17 Mana Regeneration over 10 seconds. Without Meditation you wont be able to keep both Spell Songs up.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
My Template in Process Real Stats:
Lore 110 Taming 110 Vet 100
Music 120 Disco 120
Med 100
Mage 50

My Idea: Use Disco and Spell Songs to support my Pet. Need Med for use both Spellsongs. Add Skill Points in Magery with Equipment. I like Soloplay and i like to play in Groups.

Question: Many Templates have no Meditation. I m not sure to cancel Med and add Provocation. How many MR i need to cast both Spell Songs?
My new tamer I'm working on is going to have a final template very similar to that, except instead of Vet I'm taking Spellweaving and 120 taming.

Mero1789

Visitor
@ Zalan: thx, the answer helps a lot. I test the discord Spellsongs. with meditation 100. It works fine for short battles, the kills go faster - but not perfect in longer battles.

I m not sure to cancel Meditation and add Provocation. With Provocation i have more Crowd Control, Discorded Enemies are easier to kill. But i can t run spellsongs. At the moment i hunt the most time alone or with a friend.
Is there anyone of the more experience Players to give me advice. What is more practicable? Or what about I use a Soulstone and change Skills for special situations? At the moment i hunt the "bigger" Monsters and in the future i try my first champs spawns. It isn t easy to find the template / to find my play style ...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 Animal Taming
110 Animal Lore
100 Veterinary
110 Magery
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
80 Meditation OR Herding OR Stealing

Mero1789

Visitor
OK - Inspiration by the template Laura. THX Laura.

If i wish to play Bard Spell Songs I build a full Bard.

I set following Template Real Stats
110 Animal Taming
110 Animal Lore
100 Veterinary
100 Hiding
60 Stealth
90 Stealing
100 Lockpicking
50 Magery

Roger and Over and best Regards

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
OK - Inspiration by the template Laura. THX Laura.

If i wish to play Bard Spell Songs I build a full Bard.

I set following Template Real Stats
110 Animal Taming
110 Animal Lore
100 Veterinary
100 Hiding
60 Stealth
90 Stealing
100 Lockpicking
50 Magery

Roger and Over and best Regards
Just curious, what would you fight with this kind of template?

Mero1789

Visitor
I think this Template have more aspects.

At the Moment my Modified Skills are:

115 Animal Taming ----
115 Animal Lore -----
96,7 Veterinary ---- 100
90.1 Hiding ---- 100
120 Stealth
120 Stealing --- 100 real Points. Mistake in the Post before.I need 100 Real Skill for Dungeon Articacts. So i set Stealth to real 50

100 Lockpicking
88,3 Magery

I aim this Template: 115/115/100/100/110/120/100/100

I think:

For Income he is able to train Pets and sell them, Steal Rare Item in Dungeons, Open vanished Chest in Dungeons and open Paragon Chest. He s able to scout dungeons and cross dangerous areas wherever.

Also he s able to kill some Opponents with strong Pets. Hunt Paragons Monsters, maybe not the strongest Monsters.

And with Magery he handle this and those.

I m a returning Player and need some time to think about the template. I forgot a lot.

I like to play a character with more than one aspect and i like to play mostly one Character. I think he enjoys me and he s able to generate some money and i discover some aspects of the game.

I enjoy for advice if i have a mistake in my thoughts.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think this Template have more aspects.

At the Moment my Modified Skills are:

115 Animal Taming ----
115 Animal Lore -----
96,7 Veterinary ---- 100
90.1 Hiding ---- 100
120 Stealth
120 Stealing --- 100 real Points. Mistake in the Post before.I need 100 Real Skill for Dungeon Articacts. So i set Stealth to real 50

100 Lockpicking
88,3 Magery

I aim this Template: 115/115/100/100/110/120/100/100
Just my opinion for what it's worth. Stealth Tamer is not really needed these days. For hiding to break aggro just popping an invis is enough for most situations. Even using a pet ball to summon your pet reveals you these days.

I would drop the Hiding and Stealth for Eval and Spellweaving. Lockpicking I would keep on a stone and snag Med instead. Stone the LP back on when you need it.

But I am biased. I find the Mage/SW/Tamer to be among the best Tamer temps out there.

There is also a pretty big flaw in your income ability is the "steal rares" area... the ones that still have high value are typically camped by scripters sadly. The ones that are usually available to steal are only really worth "turn in points".

Mero1789

Visitor
I think stealth enjoy me and make me lot of fun. It helps me a lot to handle aggro. I stealh in a group of monster and i get no aggro. If my pet killed, it is very easy to stealth away and the pet follow you. I resurrect it in a save area.

I agree it makes sense to store skills like lock picking, cartography, stealing or snooping and take them in the Template if it necessary. So the player is able to switch his role for a thief or a treasure hunter.

I fear it is very difficult to steal high rares by your description with the camper. But i like to try. And i try with snoop and stealing to get some power scrolls.

What is the advantage for SW? I have no experience and never try SW.

Some player use very effective templates. I try to find a balance for me between fun and a little bit role-play elements.

Stealth Tamer is a question of love :). The rest of the template is worthy of discussion for me.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Just finished skilling my 2nd tamer. Real skill values are:

120 Animal Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Music
120 Discord (120 Provocation on stone)
120 Spellweaving
65 Magery (106 with items)
55 Meditation (85 with items)

Typically I put the pet on the mob, discord mob, put discord mastery despair on mob, WoD when low HP. Makes for very fast killing. Discord and Spellweaving both compliment taming very well. I can use animal lore on most mobs to see what their lowest resist is and then use the Discord Mastery Spell: Despair set to the lowest resist for maximum damage. Discord is also great for skilling new pets up. Also if I want, I can stone off Discord or Spealweaving and use Provocation instead which has awesome bard buffs-great for group hunting. I'm having a lot of fun with this build, highly recommend it.

Last edited:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess it depends on what the tamer's purpose is...

My Tamer Treasure hunter has:
120 tame
120 lore
100 vet ( plus use enhance bandages)
100 mining
100 magery (80+20)
100 cartography
100 lockpicking

I also have a tamer/necro/spellweaver that just rocks out at a spawn on my trained up fire beetle

120 tame
120 lore
100 vet ( plus enhanced bandages)
120 spellweaving
90 magery (55+35)
100 necro
120 Spirit Speak (105+15)

I float along in wraith form I have 120 sdi and my withers do around 100 damage.
my WoD does 600+ when I remember to: 1) get a focus, and 2) cast the spell.
Fire beetles RC and lethal poison really tears down a champ fast

Both of these are a lot of fun

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I guess it depends on what the tamer's purpose is...

My Tamer Treasure hunter has:
120 tame
120 lore
100 vet ( plus use enhance bandages)
100 mining
100 magery (80+20)
100 cartography
100 lockpicking

I also have a tamer/necro/spellweaver that just rocks out at a spawn on my trained up fire beetle

120 tame
120 lore
100 vet ( plus enhanced bandages)
120 spellweaving
90 magery (55+35)
100 necro
120 Spirit Speak (105+15)

I float along in wraith form I have 120 sdi and my withers do around 100 damage.
my WoD does 600+ when I remember to: 1) get a focus, and 2) cast the spell.
Fire beetles RC and lethal poison really tears down a champ fast

Both of these are a lot of fun
On the Fire Beetle you have RC, poisoning and any other abilities like Goo?
Adding FzWW to the Fire Beetle is an option for spawning pets?
Ty in advance..
Also : Your Spellweaving AoE's don't do much damage with Focus?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Trying to come up with a good tamer template that includes discord and necro so I could run with a fire beetle that has RC and the tamer uses discord and corpse skin on the mob. Basically drop the mobs fire resist to near zero or maybe even negative when the beetle uses RC. Then use the bard song, also set to fire damage, to aid the pet in killing. Run in shade form for mana leech.

Not sure if this template would be possible:
Taming 120
Lore 120
Magery ~106 w/items
Music 120
Discord 120
Necro ~100+ w/items (maybe lower, just need high enough to use corpse skin 100%)
SS 120 w/items

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Trying to come up with a good tamer template that includes discord and necro so I could run with a fire beetle that has RC and the tamer uses discord and corpse skin on the mob. Basically drop the mobs fire resist to near zero or maybe even negative when the beetle uses RC. Then use the bard song, also set to fire damage, to aid the pet in killing. Run in shade form for mana leech.

Not sure if this template would be possible:
Taming 120
Lore 120
Magery ~106 w/items
Music 120
Discord 120
Necro ~100+ w/items (maybe lower, just need high enough to use corpse skin 100%)
SS 120 w/items
That's funny I was just contemplating trying something like this last week. Haven't had the time to try it, lmk if you do.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
That's funny I was just contemplating trying something like this last week. Haven't had the time to try it, lmk if you do.
I may take my discord/spellweaver tamer posted above and stone spellweaving/meditation and pick up necro/ss to try it out.
-15 fire/poison resist from corpse skin
-28 all resists with 120 discord
-50% all resists by RC

Then run despair with fire damage selected. This would also work well with a 100% fire or poison crimson drake with Chivalry, even without RC you have -43 fire/poison resist to whatever you're fighting, that's got to hurt.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
You can leech mana in wraith form running despair?
Not, sure Grace, but I'll find out soon. Works with all other spells, don't see why it wouldn't work with despair too.

I'm not sure if taking necro/ss is worth just the extra -15 resist or not. I mean the alternative is casting WoD, which may be a faster kill over all. Now I'm wondering what would happen if I kept my 120 spellweaving and switched out my real skill of 55 meditation for necro. I could still run in wraith form and cast corpse skin, just not sure how much I would get resisted with only 20 SS from gear.

Last edited:

Lord Hunter76

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have a question I am reading all of the templates and with real skill mix with modified by jewels or whatever. What about a tamer that has to worry about pk'ers and you can't run artifacts for gear because there is no insurance and it's all fel rule set? Suggestions please.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Behold! The Death Ray Tamer/Mage ©!
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
Race: Human works best, for getting into Wraith Form with JoAT+Wraith Form scroll. The 8% Mana Drain in Wraith Form allows you to sustain Death Ray for longer, or indefinitely against some high Mana/MR foes.

This is an extremely high single target damage build that can melt face if used correctly. You use a 120 Disco+Conductive Blast Triton (Cu works too, but not as well as Triton) to tank the enemy and debuff their Energy Resist, as you run Death Ray (ticks every 3 secs) on the enemy to melt them. Death Ray damage is dependent upon real Magery, Eval, Primer Lvl, Slayer Spellbook and victim's Energy Resist (hence the Energy Resist debuffage), and is not affected by SDI (so doesn't require an expensive SDI suit).

Between 120 Disco (-28 Resists, -14 against 160 Barding Difficulty)+Conductive Blast (Halves Energy Resist for 4 secs)+Death Ray (-10 Energy Resist during channel), you could reduce even a 90 Energy Resist mob down to 28-33 Energy Resist. This would increase not just your own damage output with Death Ray, but also your Triton/Cu's melee damage, as well as the damage of anyone else dealing Energy Damage. You also have access to 120 Eval Blesses/Paralyze Fields, and guaranteed rezzes with 120 Magery/Vet. Quite the group utility.
I oftentimes pair this with my Disco/Tamer's 120 Chiv+AI 100% Energy Platinum Drake for a nasty damage pet pair. The Energy Drake's normal attacks almost deal as much damage as it's AIs then. A Sampire using a 100% Energy Wep along with Onslaught would further debuff the victim's Energy Resist as well.

I personally have seen Death Ray ticks of up to 350 damage against high resists Blackthorn's Captains. Up to 604 damage on Navrey Night-Eyes with a Spider Slayer Spellbook. Up to 705 damage ticks against Stygian Dragon with Dragon Slayer spellbook. Up to 940 damage ticks against 0 resists Sampire Captains with Undead Slayer Spellbook. Up to 1,010 damage ticks against a 0 resists Bone Daemon with Demon Slayer Spellbook. This isn't even including the damage my Triton itself was doing.

Death Ray has some limitations upon it though. Basically, anything that'll interrupt an active Meditation, will interrupt Death Ray. This includes moving, talking out loud (guild/party chat is fine), getting hit with damage/spells (although some things don't interrupt it, such as getting Paralyzed/Stunned by Rogue Captains or Navrey's Web, or taking Mana Corruption damage from Mystic Captains), or opponent moving out of range. Some fights lend extremely well to Death Ray, others not so much (such as Scalis, due to all the AoE damage he throws out). Against foes that just interrupt Death Ray too often, then having some SDI for E-Bolts/Chain Lightning certainly helps. Only one Death Ray can be active on a victim at a time (so no running multiple Death Ray chars to nuke down a single target).

Here's some footage of a Death Ray Tamer/Mage © in action! Don't forget to attach "Yell: Kamehameha!" to your Death Ray macro!

0:24 Vegeta the Triton hits Boss Cell with 120 Discord
0:32 Vegeta the Triton hits Boss Cell with Conductive Blast
0:39 Gohan the Death Ray Tamer/Mage © begins channelling Death Ray
1:09 Gohan equips Lesser Slayer Spellbook
2:03 Gohan runs out of Mana

Here's some more Death Ray Tamer/Mage © action!

Seriously though, i need to get a program that can video record UO well, lol.

Last edited: