• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new anncouncement concering the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the annoucnement Here!

Tamer Templates

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to try the template above with a rune beetle trained in Discord + RC.
Wouldn't be as effective. The Rune Beetle wouldn't have as high of RC uptime due to using Bleed Attack as well (same problem Cu has, one of the reasons Triton is better). Plus it wouldn't be as tanky, Rune Beetles don't have Healing like Tritons or Cus do.
RC and CB do stack though, so if a Triton hits a 80 Energy Resist boss with CB, it'll drop to 40 Energy Resist, and if a Beetle then hits the boss with RC as well, it'll drop even further to 20 Energy Resist.

Cork

Seasoned Veteran
Professional
My main build is magery/spellweave. I have two variations. One with vet and one without. I run the second build if I'm hunting solo and don't have anyone else around with vet skill. Both are dependent on fairly easy gear to get.

Main build (suit with high 151 sdi without buffs):
120 taming
120 animal lore
120 meditation
120 spellweaving
110 eval int (120 with wizard's curio talisman)
100 magery (120 with crystalline ring)
30 focus (50 with crystalline ring)

Secondary build suit with high sdi 153 without buffs):
120 taming
120 animal lore
120 spellweaving
110 meditation (120 with spell woven britches)
40 veterinary (80 with +20 vet ring/bracelet)

The second build I carry a ring and bracelet that I only swap on my char to rez my pet on the battlefield. I don't actively use vet for healing during fights. If you don't have spell woven britches you can run 110 med still and do fine.

Xris

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
My main build is magery/spellweave. I have two variations. One with vet and one without. I run the second build if I'm hunting solo and don't have anyone else around with vet skill. Both are dependent on fairly easy gear to get.

Main build (suit with high 151 sdi without buffs):
120 taming
120 animal lore
120 meditation
120 spellweaving
30 focus (50 with crystalline ring)

Secondary build suit with high sdi 153 without buffs):
120 taming
120 animal lore
120 spellweaving
110 meditation (120 with spell woven britches)
40 veterinary (80 with +20 vet ring/bracelet)

The second build I carry a ring and bracelet that I only swap on my char to rez my pet on the battlefield. I don't actively use vet for healing during fights. If you don't have spell woven britches you can run 110 med still and do fine.
I run almost same builds too, lots of ways to keep you and your pet alive. Dps is great with high sdi. Low SDI works too just takes longer. Archer tamer also great on certain encounters.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Ang7

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd like to try the template above with a rune beetle trained in Discord + RC.
did you ever build a rune beetle. I’ve got a good 3 slot one, but not sure if I should build it.

It came near max poisoning, but I don’t know if overcap poisoning skill even matters on pets.

Leaning toward making it a disco RC 5 slot to support other tamers. I bet the normal crew at Navrey would love to see a disco/RC pet hang around

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I the thread, I see tamers use SW without focus or not much focus skill at all. That would allow some buff SW spells, but would take SW damage way down even with Circle? Or it works well anyway? Would WOD work ok with no focus or Imbuing skill (both boost SW spells, and act like eval for magery)?

Grace of Minoc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I the thread, I see tamers use SW without focus or not much focus skill at all. That would allow some buff SW spells, but would take SW damage way down even with Circle? Or it works well anyway? Would WOD work ok with no focus or Imbuing skill (both boost SW spells, and act like eval for magery)?
You are confusing Mysticism and Spellweaving. Spellweaving is stand alone skill buffed by Arcane Focus spell. Mysticism is buffed by Focus/Imbuing skills.

Quickjohn

Adventurer
I am going to add a link to this thread from the A-Z sticky. If people could post some taming templates they have found successful with a brief description it would be appreciated.

120 Animal Lore
120 Animal Taming
120 Discordance
100 Magery (70 real)
50 Meditation
120 Musicianship
120 Provoking
100 Veterinary on Soulstone
  • This template I use mostly as a second to my treasure hunter. Provoke and discord allow this tamer to control treasure chest spawn with relative ease. I also have 100 Veterinary on Soul Stone in case I decide to use this character on significantly harder monsters.
110 Animal Lore (105 real)
120 Animal Taming (105 real)
100 Evaluating Intelligence
100 Magery (70 real)
100 Meditation
60 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak
100 Veterinary (80 real)
  • My first tamer build, I use evil omen in necromancy to boost damage on bosses/event monsters. Spirit speak is a nice heal when I get poisoned/mortal strike. And eval gives my magery some oomph.
85 Anatomy
120 Animal Lore (105 real)
120 Animal Taming (105 real)
120 Archery (115 real)
120 Chivalry
100 Spellweaving
105 Tactics (90 real)
  • My event character, Enemy of One, Armor Ignore, Pet damage and debuffs plus Word of Death means a lot of damage on a event boss.
#3 is interesting

Fantexi

Visitor
I'm a new one in UO and my template is
110 Animal Lore
110 Animal Taming
100 Archery
100 Anatomy/Resisting Spells/Tactics by Soulstone
100 Magery
100 Musicianship
100 Provocation

I have a dog with lighting discordance so I no need discordance.Don't know my template is good or not but I play in game happily :)