• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SWTOR Pre-orders go live

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(OT) Star Wars TOR available for pre-order

Got an email this morning offering Star Wars TOR for pre-order. All kinds of pixel candy for pre-order customers as well as early game start.

W

Woodsman

Re: (OT) Star Wars TOR available for pre-order

I hope you ordered 10 copies because if TOR fails, the impact on UO will be catastrophic :(

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I'm not buying it anyway.

T

Tinsil

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

Game is awesome all around.

W

Woodsman

There are some things I really liked about it, but then I saw things that made me laugh, like the space combat. Seriously, a $200 - $300 million budget, LucasArts, EA, BioWare, and they couldn't find some money for Larry Holland or Chris Roberts or somebody to put together a real space combat section instead of the roller coaster/tunnel shooter thing they cobbled together?

Spend $20 million on space combat and you've instantly increased your potential playerbase drastically.

I think/hope it will succeed, but it's an awful lot of money and they are making this their flagship title of the year, although they are probably spending more on advertising theri Battlefield series, and any under-performance is not going to help UO.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It appears to me to just be WoW in space with lightsabers. Oh, and some BioWare single-player dialogue elements tacked on.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm still up in the air about this one..

80 bucks seems like a little much for me to spend just on the chance I might like it.

But maybe..

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This is why it is going to sell.
I wouldn't be so sure. I'm a fan of most of BioWare's games, including KotOR and Mass Effect, and obviously I play MMOs, but I'm not interested at all, and I know of quite a few others that feel the same way.

And they'll need a damn large playerbase to make up that $300 mil budget.

D

dracokyaku

I'm still up in the air about this one..

80 bucks seems like a little much for me to spend just on the chance I might like it.

But maybe..
If you're not sure just put in a Pre-order, the Pre-order code itself will give you (at least) Three days to play prior to launch and Five days after launch before you'll be required to add a DVD key.

Merged this thread with the existing Pre-order thread by the way, may as well keep it all in one topic. :)

D

dracokyaku

Got my pre-order in the UK (Game) for the Collectors Edition. **** load of money though for it lol but what the heck lol
I bagged a copy of the CE myself from Game earlier - The Malgus statue and the many bonus items (ingame and out) were pretty tempting!

G

Gunga_Din

Ok, I'm in !! I preordered the CE as well. My old guild from LOTRO will be starting up there. If anyone is interested in joining us, send me a PM. This guild is uber, plus i'm in it !!! lol

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay got my pre-order code (for the early game access). Now just need a release date lol

N

NachtStieg

I'm curious and haven't seen anything as to when the early access is going to be available since they've set the release date. I hope it's soon.

D

dracokyaku

I'm curious and haven't seen anything as to when the early access is going to be available since they've set the release date. I hope it's soon.
Early access has been mentioned a couple of times by the Dev team in the past, from what has been inferred we can safely assume it'll be around a week before launch.

Hopefully we should see plenty more opportunities to gain entry into the Beta in the coming weeks though. ;)

P

Penti

Early access has been mentioned a couple of times by the Dev team in the past, from what has been inferred we can safely assume it'll be around a week before launch.

Hopefully we should see plenty more opportunities to gain entry into the Beta in the coming weeks though. ;)
Yeah.......... plenty MORE opportunities eh? Come on, use your influence/contacts and get me in bro !!!

M

Monkeybear

Just pre-ordered the collectors edition today can't wait to start playing.