• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stygian Abyss : this is REALLY disappointing

E

Eyes of Origin

I've only been playing UO for 22mons. The 1st year of that in a Tram guild who rarely went to Fel, but I changed that for myself and now play mainly in Fel, whats stopping anyone else from being able to do it?
Origin, Pac and a couple other shards were once over ran by the Empire of the Fallen Lords before them there was BTH.. even with them around, Harrowers and spawns were done. Its not impossible.
You just seem to have excuses for something anyone suggests to you.

I say keep the scroll binders... oh hmmm I was checking this on test and fragrant seeds stack, but peculiar seeds dont? Will they stack once we know the plant type? or just not stack at all?

N

NewThunder

Players alone have been unable for YEARS on MANY shards to break these Monopolies.
This is a fact, like it or not.

And when players are unable to find a way out but yet suffer from the circumstances, I think it DOES BECOME a developer team's responsibility to find that way out for those players who have been not able to find a solution themselves for YEARS and on many shards.
What you mean to say here is that "I as a solo player am not able to get all that I want"

Do you even play the game? Power scrolls are not that expensive. I hate to break it to you but the is a massively multi-player game, there will be interaction with other players. I used to think power scrolls in tram was a good idea, now reading you whine about it like a little school girl, I realize why they need to stay in FEL. I seem to remember reading something a developer wrote about risk/reward; if you want teh reward take the risk and go to FEL.

C

Connor_Graham

No, organizing seems NOT possible. If it ever was, it would HAVE happened over the years but it has not.
Really? Then where did the past and current guilds come from? The guild fairy?:coco:

SevenFaith

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps you are very sad. All you do is complain about ANYTHING that does not benefit/AFFECT your gameplay.

Congrats.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said before. Very good work on searching for that messy code. Sakkarah probably want to retire early after a search like that. MY head spins just looking at old coding for more than 10min. Remmember to get Sakkarah a little bonus :)
What he said!! :D

On a serious note, it was painful but well worth the time and Stephen (Engineer) did a lot of the background work to make this possible!!

I say keep the scroll binders... oh hmmm I was checking this on test and fragrant seeds stack, but peculiar seeds dont? Will they stack once we know the plant type? or just not stack at all?
Peculiar seeds do stack, they just need to be of the same type. If they don't stack, ID them and you'll see they are different plants.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually this is my opinion..... it won't help anyone but the guilds who already monopolize the champ spawns.

Why you may ask do I say this?

Well... because... EVERYONE will have the ability to "bind" powerscrolls... so now... do you think these guilds who already control everything are going to continue to sell smaller scrolls cheaper? Hell NO they aren't... they will bind them themselves and charge the same ridiculously inflated prices and now exclusively offer only 120 scrolls normal players can never hope to afford.

At least not without BUYING gold... thereby continuing the market for scripters, hackers and everyone else including the guilds who monopolize the spawns to sell the powerscrolls to make money off of selling gold... and they intern the precious few who control these guilds cheat their players by selling the gold they are "hording" and keeping the RL money made from such sales to themselves... or their precious few. (you don't honestly believe that this isn't exactly what's been happening for many years do you?)

So THAT is what will be happening with the scrolls. So buy now while you can and hope that you may be able to piece together something from IDOC's or something because seriously you WON'T be doing it yourself otherwise.
Even if that was the case the 120 market would get saturated so fast prices would soon bottom out. too many low populated shards for farming scrolls and x-sharders moving inventory to more populated shards in a year I will bet a 120 mage would be around 5-10 mill. so if anything it helps put scrolls in reach of those who do not wish to step foot in a pvp champ area.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wut chu talkin bout poops? In the last two years I can think of a dozen or so guilds on my shard alone that have either gone from the bottom to the top or from teh top to the bottom.
And is that a change if I may ask ?

Rather than having monopolist Guild X now the shard has monopolist Guild Y....

Wow, what a change for all of the other players........
Before they were barred to hunt for scrolls by Guild X, now they are barred to hunt by Guild Y.

Yeah, what a change indeed.......

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow, what a change for all of the other players........
Before they were barred to hunt for scrolls by Guild X, now they are barred to hunt by Guild Y.

Yes, that is change...

No one is ever told what they can or cannot do. and complaining about personal failure vs. a guild of 20 people does not make you right. It makes you a solo player who is mad because you got beat by 20 people. Not our fault if you do not wish to join in on the reindeer games, that is all you.

M

MorganaLeFey

When I first heard about the scrolls of binding, I immediately reacted much as popps and Malagaste did. But after a day or so of considering it, I decided it might not be such a bad idea. I'd overlooked the fix for ghost cams. I decided I need to give that change and maybe some others (e.g., more spawns to distract/divide people going for PS) a chance AND also make myself go do more champ spawns in Fel. The folks I play with do them / raid them regularly and I'm usually just too chicken to jump in and join them.

I do want to learn to PvP. But as with many other things in UO, I haven't really applied myself yet to learning how to do it. Why? Because I might fail. I might die. Someone might call me names. I might lose some gear.

So what?! Is it the end of the world? Nope, not at all. At worst, it's an inconvenience. I just haven't completely wrapped my head around it yet. Maybe this change will give me the incentive to get there. If not, it sure will give me the incentive to get out and make more gold because I kind of like the idea of having all my characters scrolled to 120s in everything. Who knows when that might come in handy. I've never ever had a problem with paying someone else to do something in UO that I don't enjoy doing. Collecting power scrolls is one of those things. I'm just usually too distracted by all my characters to do a lot of gold collecting.

And besides....get this change working well and who knows what else will come next. Yes, perhaps it is a blatant way to cater to the PvPers. But they need to keep playing UO and paying those subscription fees. Much as some people wish they would go away (and I'm not one of them), they are important to this game continuing to exist and I truly believe their existence provides much-needed tension that helps keep the UO world spinning.
I'm the same and I happen to agree too. :thumbup:

C

Connor_Graham

And there's nothing stopping any player from starting Guild Y and taking control from Guild X. Even you could do it, if you actually did anything in game...

Glad you agree. :thumbsup:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, you don't necessarily have to get involved in the pvp. I don't. I remember that if we all break off to fight the raiders, the spawn will revert, so I leave the fighting to them and diligently work harder to kill the spawn, so that when they've fought them off we don't have to start over.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, you don't necessarily have to get involved in the pvp. I don't. I remember that if we all break off to fight the raiders, the spawn will revert, so I leave the fighting to them and diligently work harder to kill the spawn, so that when they've fought them off we don't have to start over.

You dont have to be a great pvper to contribute to a pvp guild for spawns, you just have to do other things like putting down fields, x-heal, lookout, getting the dead up quickly, PvM and let the PvPer's do the PvP. in doing spawns every one has a role the ones who fail are the ones that cant work together and dont know their roles. Once that is settled tactics start to come naturally be it defending or raiding.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even if that was the case the 120 market would get saturated so fast prices would soon bottom out. too many low populated shards for farming scrolls and x-sharders moving inventory to more populated shards in a year I will bet a 120 mage would be around 5-10 mill. so if anything it helps put scrolls in reach of those who do not wish to step foot in a pvp champ area.
XSharders on some shards are the ONLY scrolls that come in affordably. Some shards have had the same guilds monopolizing the spawn since the beginning of champ spawns. Don't you suppose if there was a way to stop them it would have happened by now?

Truth is it's not going to happen... Why? Because the ones at the top are making RL money from this...

As far as the market saturating... this is likely true... but how many more years will that take? 5? 10? Who knows...

I didn't have the 12 million to purchase a Lucky Mempo I'm not going to have the gold to spend 12 million on a single PS.

The average player does not power play, they don't sit and farm hours on end ... they don't script... and they don't run massive vendors...

They just try to play. They might get an arty from doom once a month... once a season... Not 3 in a day...

That's what folk are talking about. And that isn't going to change. I'd rather not see PS in Tram... But I'm also not going to fool myself and say that this will be a great thing for people needing 120 scrolls... because in my opinion it won't change anything at all.... and it'll just make it harder for people to afford scrolls. And just getting buy buying a 110 or 115 will be a thing of the past.

Oh and while we are on the subject the Xsharders will also be making more money ..... not having to waste room transfering all those 110's and 105's...

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got to go with popps and MalagAste on this one.

This is but one more attempt by the Dev(il) team to lure folks into Felucca.

My counter proposal is this:

Include 5 of every 120 powerscroll with each copy of SA ordered.

You wouldnt need to waste all that Dev time coding.

Elladan of Baja

p.s. and 5 +20 stat scrolls

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah but occasionally I'm on a faction character that I should be able to PvP with if I don't panic. LOL

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got to go with popps and MalagAste on this one.

This is but one more attempt by the Dev(il) team to lure folks into Felucca.

My counter proposal is this:

Include 5 of every 120 powerscroll with each copy of SA ordered.

You wouldnt need to waste all that Dev time coding.

Elladan of Baja

p.s. and 5 +20 stat scrolls
Whats wrong with giving people an excuse to go to fel? And how would this lure people to fel in the first place?

If players don't want to go to fel they wont go! Simple as that.
Edit: And of course, if they want to go to fel, they will. If they want to go after powerscrolls, more power to them! No point in letting an entire facet go to waste just because some players don't want to go to fel!

Instead it seems to simply be an attempt to make the useless powerscrolls useful. In turn those who don't want to go to fel to get their scrolls will see a pricedrop overtime to the current market of powerscrolls.

And if powerscrolls do get introduced in tram zones, they will have the option to turn their useless powerscrolls into something more useful.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find this interesting though:

They make new changes and additions to fel and players whine and accuse the devs of luring people to fel like it's such a horrible thing!

But when they makes new changes and additions to tram no one whines and accuse the devs of luring people to tram.

C

Connor_Graham

I find this interesting though:

They make new changes and additions to fel and players whine and accuse the devs of luring people to fel like it's such a horrible thing!

But when they makes new changes and additions to tram no one whines and accuse the devs of luring people to tram.
What's even more interesting is that it's always the same people.....:coco:

C

Connor_Graham

And if powerscrolls do get introduced in tram zones, they will have the option to turn their useless powerscrolls into something more useful.
I'll be standing right beside the PvP'rs to go on strike and picket EA/Mythic if they ever consider this. PS's are part of Fel and belong there. There is no good reason for them to be in Tram.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that is change...

No one is ever told what they can or cannot do. and complaining about personal failure vs. a guild of 20 people does not make you right. It makes you a solo player who is mad because you got beat by 20 people. Not our fault if you do not wish to join in on the reindeer games, that is all you.

I thought people played games for a challenge but I could be wrong......

I mean, what exactly is the challenge for a Zerg Guild that kills on sight 20 or 30 people versus 4 or 5 that show up at the Champ Spawn ?

I mean, 4 or 5 against 1 does not much sound a challenge does it ?

Yet, when I ask people they use all these big words like challenge and big fights but in the end the bottom line is getting the upper hand with better gear, weapons, jewellery so as to make an easier fight for better mods.......

Yeah, what a challenge indeed........

T

TheGrayGhost

I thought people played games for a challenge but I could be wrong......

I mean, what exactly is the challenge for a Zerg Guild that kills on sight 20 or 30 people versus 4 or 5 that show up at the Champ Spawn ?

I mean, 4 or 5 against 1 does not much sound a challenge does it ?

Yet, when I ask people they use all these big words like challenge and big fights but in the end the bottom line is getting the upper hand with better gear, weapons, jewellery so as to make an easier fight for better mods.......

Yeah, what a challenge indeed........
Sounds like a challenge for the 1!

lol anyways, you can't really be upset about people being in a guild or having friends. If you solo, it's either your choice or because you lack the social skills to do otherwise. I will refrain from stating which I believe to be your case.

Secondly, popps you no longer have a valid reason to continue the crusade against + skill items considering you use them yourself. Thats just my opinion though.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
XSharders on some shards are the ONLY scrolls that come in affordably. Some shards have had the same guilds monopolizing the spawn since the beginning of champ spawns. Don't you suppose if there was a way to stop them it would have happened by now?

Truth is it's not going to happen... Why? Because the ones at the top are making RL money from this...

For some reasons beyond my understanding this is an argument that some just do not listen to.

I mean, to me it is pretty much clear cut, it has not happened in YEARS, it will not happen in YEARS to come just as well.

So what is the point to keep telling people to organize and break the Monopolies ?

It has now been enough a long time to show this ain't gonna happen, period.

Continuing to say that it will happen when so long has passed without it happening will not have it happen.

So, since the game cannot live with such monopolies, and since players are unable to fix the issue, it appears clear to me that something needs be done from the outside.

That is, if players have and will be unable to solve this issue than only the Developers can do something to break these Monopolies.

I really do not see any other possible way out.

I didn't have the 12 million to purchase a Lucky Mempo I'm not going to have the gold to spend 12 million on a single PS.
Speaking about multi-million items to people who have hundreds of millions hardly can get them understand the problem.

For them lack of money cannot be a problem since they have so many that 15 millions are peanuts.......

Yet, there is a WHOLE LOT of players out there for which to spend 1 million on a powerscroll is a whole lot.

That is why the issue needs a fix, for all those who cannot consider 10-15 millions for a powerscroll an ordinary thing.

The average player does not power play, they don't sit and farm hours on end ... they don't script... and they don't run massive vendors...

They just try to play. They might get an arty from doom once a month... once a season... Not 3 in a day...
And that is why I insist that the issue needs Developers' intervention, because these players without Developers' help are totally out of luck and eventually, they leave the game thus losing subscriptions.

That's what folk are talking about. And that isn't going to change. I'd rather not see PS in Tram... But I'm also not going to fool myself and say that this will be a great thing for people needing 120 scrolls... because in my opinion it won't change anything at all.... and it'll just make it harder for people to afford scrolls. And just getting buy buying a 110 or 115 will be a thing of the past.
I think likewise.

Those who used to hoarde the 120s now will ALSO hoarde the 105s, 110, 115s and hardly anything will change.

It will only be players transferring scrolls from lowly populated shards or if developers bringing 110s and 115s (as well as +5, +10, +15 and +20) on Trammel which can help the situation but if this is not gonna happen, Scroll binders will not change a tiny bit the life of the average players, they will only help the Zerg Guild monopolists to make even more money putting to good use the lower scrolls which had been trashed until now.

Quite sad scenario indeed, IMHO.

I do hope that the Developers will truly ponder well this issue and indeed, bring 110s and 115s as well as +5, +10, +15 and +20 to Trammel Champ Spawns.

Only in this way the Scroll Binders change will truly be usefull to most players.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is the only one true addition that is needed to go along with Scroll Binders.

I do say leave 120 Powerscrolls and +25 Stat Scrolls as an exclusive spawn for Felucca.

I am fine with that. It makes sense for that risk vs. reward logic and blah blah.

But all the other minor scrolls like 110s, 115s and +5, +10, +15 and +20 Stat scrolls they should be brought to Trammel to give the average player a chance.

This way Felucca will still have its perks and average players in Trammel get their chance.

Problem solved.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be standing right beside the PvP'rs to go on strike and picket EA/Mythic if they ever consider this. PS's are part of Fel and belong there. There is no good reason for them to be in Tram.
There is a HELL of a good reason to bring them, saved the 120s and +25s which I agree to leave in Felucca only.

It is called giving the average and casual players who ALSO support the game and keep it going with their monthly fees, to still get a chance at their powerscrolls.

It will be more time consuming since a number of minor scrolls will be needed, while in Felucca is it instant gratification, but it will at least be a chance versus now which is no chance.

I hear talks of risk vs. reward but in the end, the Zerg Guilds have hardly any challenge in felucca for their spawns most of the time.

They simply go there and harvest their Powerscrolls as a cash cow and rack in tons of money easy.

MUCH easier than going at a Peerless and to Doom.

The Felucca risk vs. reward is all empty talking since for those who monopolize the Champ Spawns getting Powerscrolls is as easy as walking through Britain on a sunny day.....

It is time the Developers realize this and bring some love ALSO to those casual and average players who STILL help pay the bills of the game with their subscriptions.

V

Vyal

Don't cry about 20's anyway first of all the lack of new players is no good most shards people won't buy half the 20's that are for sale since most people already have players made and have all the items they need.

Honestly whats wrong with turning 10 15's in for a 20? That in itself is a hard thing to do and well worth the effort for a 20 so that someone can finish a template off.

New items that drop from champs go for 20 mil a pop for some of them so go sell them and be happy. BTW the classic version of SA is so kick ass I just wish there was more things to tame, kill, more new named items, quests.

I found the quest to get the farmers pitchfork really stupid who came up with that a ten year old?

Other then that it's still kick ass ;)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Secondly, popps you no longer have a valid reason to continue the crusade against + skill items considering you use them yourself. Thats just my opinion though.

Think I answered this already......

If it was up to me, I would change the game in a blink of an eye reducing items' influence and bringing back more power to real skill.

Unfortunately, I cannot and I got to leave with what I have. If others make large and extensive use of these items if I do not I am at a heavy loss.

Therefore, against my will, I have no other choice because it is the game that forces me to.

It is like I hate living in a polluted city but I can't change any of that since my job is there, my family is there, my children's school is there and all that.

I hate it, but I must live with it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't cry about 20's anyway first of all the lack of new players is no good most shards people won't buy half the 20's that are for sale since most people already have players made and have all the items they need.

Then why is that a 120 Magery still goes upwards of 15 millions ??

And an Evaluate Intelligence upwards of 10 millions ?

These are NOT reasonable prices, IMHO.

Powerscrolls have been out for what now, 6 years ? 7 years ?

To STILL see 2 digits million prices on 120s is OUTRAGEOUS, IMHO.

So outrageous that the Developers should do something to contain this inflation which, as I see it, KILLS THE GAME for many........

N

NewThunder

I hate it, but I must live with it.
You could always quit. Or join a PvP guild. You look at the game like it a zero sum game and your fun will not be complete if another player has something you do not have; you do not need the items to play, you don't PvP so you really do not need the scrolls, you can play in tram with GM skills fairly well. To be interesting the game should have different facets to it, and FEL should have it's own rewards for the risks of playing there. really have you thought about a different game with no PvP aspect, like candyland or checkers?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*snickers at New Thunder's post*

If you hate the city you live in:

Get a different job in a different place (get a different game)
Move to the 'Burbs and commute (get in a PvP guild)

You can *always* change you profession (playstyle)
You can *always* change your home (game)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be interesting the game should have different facets to it, and FEL should have it's own rewards for the risks of playing there.

Really, but REALLY, for those who monopolize the Champ Spawns in Felucca is there much risk involved at all, really ?

Most of the time they harvest powerscrolls as a cash cow and even with all of the talk about felucca and the risk vs. reward b********* I hardly see them as risking anything.

It "may" be that one out of 10 times there is someone trying to fight them but most of the time they just go and get a bunch of scrolls, protect each other for more scrolls, and then proceed to sell them in Luna for tens, hundreds of milllions........

Yeah, what a risk vs reward....

Please..................

This is just funny talking, that of the risk vs reward.
In reality, it is just talking because what goes on is way, way not much risky for them who monopolize the spawns.

U

uoBuoY

I think ScrollBinders indicate that 105, 110 & 115 scrolls will be available in non-Fel.

I am "assuming" 10-105s will bind into 1-110, 10-110s into 1-115 then 10-115s into 1-120. It would take 1,000-105s or 100-110s or 10-115s to make 1-120 (or some combination of all).

I am also "assuming" the scrolls must be all the same (ie Magery) in order to bind.

That's one heck of a lot of scrolls!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*snickers at New Thunder's post*

If you hate the city you live in:

Get a different job in a different place (get a different game)
Move to the 'Burbs and commute (get in a PvP guild)

You can *always* change you profession (playstyle)
You can *always* change your home (game)

Perhaps is nostalgia of the good old times, perhaps the memories of a game I liked a lot, whatever it is, it keeps me here even though I truly hate the heavy dependancy on items and wished some sort of a miracle happened to UO to bring it back to being more skill based again as it once was...........

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think ScrollBinders indicate that 105, 110 & 115 scrolls will be available in non-Fel.

105s already are available to Trammel Champ spawns but hardly feasible to be binded into 120s.

Too many would be needed at the current exchange ratios.

I also hope that the Developers show generosity to casual and average players and, considering that now Zerg Guild monopolists of the Felucca spawns have been able to milk the powerscrolls cash cow for like 6 or 7 years now, it is ABOUT TIME that they finally help also the casual and average players by bringing to Trammel the 110s and 115s Powerscroll drops as well as the +5, +10, +15 and +20 Stat Scroll drops.

Only doing this, along with the Scroll binders, will truly make it feasible for many casual and average players to get their 120s at a reasonable effort and not the outrageous one they now have to submit to.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps, if you are going to argue something, make sure your facts are correct (they are definitely NOT). 105's are still only available in Fel. Not say that is good or bad, but it is a fact none the less.

UOBuoy - I am really sorry, but the Dev's have said many times that they have zero intention of making scrolls available in Tram. The simple fact that scrolls are still so desireable this many years after they were introduced (publish 16, PRE AoS) is a testament to the fact that the system is still working, unlike so many others that are long since past total saturation.

M

MoneyMaker

This is just another case of "I want".
Popps, you need to re-evaluate your claims. If there is one thing I can't stand, its a pessimist. Popps, you sir, are pessimist (I do not believe that this could be construed as a troll, its just a stated fact). I do not believe I have seen a single post by you (or jirel of joy) that has a single good thing to say about Ultima Online. Just complaints and more complaints.
So what, its a beta. It does not mean that this will be implemented in the final version.
A couple of reasons I can think of for why they used powerscrolls instead of T-maps and seeds.
1. T-maps have 6 different levels and a few hundred locations (fel and tram) now that would require a good bit of code to keep them seperated.
2. Seeds have a very wide variety of species and colors not to mention the "rare seeds", the bosai seeds, and the "peculiar seeds". Identified and unidentified seeds..... get the idea?

now think of how many people would be trying this.

If I was in the developers position I think I would try the same thing. You always want to make sure a system works before you release it on a large scale (we call that a BETA!).

Being a casual player myself, I do not see where and how you get off thinking your opinions represent us as a majority.
Ulitma Online was created with the freedom to become just about anything you want. Catering too alot of play styles. I don't think I have ever seen anything about catering to pessimistic comments.

H

Heartseeker

I am "assuming" 10-105s will bind into 1-110, 10-110s into 1-115 then 10-115s into 1-120. It would take 1,000-105s or 100-110s or 10-115s to make 1-120 (or some combination of all).

I am also "assuming" the scrolls must be all the same (ie Magery) in order to bind.

That's one heck of a lot of scrolls!
Agreed.

It seems almost impossible.

A system that you need 1000 magery scrolls to make one 120 magery is nuts.

Pop does complain a lot but he HAS a point here.

Unless one can throw in different scrolls, and then pick a skill; this will go the way of the Dodo.

H

Heartseeker

Popps, if you are going to argue something, make sure your facts are correct (they are definitely NOT). 105's are still only available in Fel. Not say that is good or bad, but it is a fact none the less.

UOBuoy - I am really sorry, but the Dev's have said many times that they have zero intention of making scrolls available in Tram. The simple fact that scrolls are still so desireable this many years after they were introduced (publish 16, PRE AoS) is a testament to the fact that the system is still working, unlike so many others that are long since past total saturation.
I disagree with the system still working.

Greed runs our real world also; so IMO the system is seriously messed up.

L

Lord_Deimos

Do people ever bother to read the information??

* 105 scrolls needed to create a 110 powerscroll = 4
* 110 scrolls needed to create a 115 powerscroll = 6
* 115 scrolls needed to create a 120 powerscroll = 8

You need the same type of scroll in order to bind them...

And some of the posts regarding all the 105s you would need? Of course itll be a high number...they are 105s... But this adds value to all of the 110's and the 115's that drop off a champ which are usually discarded.

1 Spawn can yield a maximum of 12 scrolls....You can definitely build up the number of 110s/115s needed to make a 120 easily.

Z

Zero Day

If 105's are already in trammel.

And now there's a way to upgrade scrolls.

They have effectively brought 120's to trammel.

It'll take a bit of time to get a 120 out of 105's, but guess what its now possible.

So all you're actually complaining about is that they didn't make it easy enough.

It's not a risk vs reward argument anymore, if you invest the time you never have to leave trammel.

And You have responded to every post with the same thing you spouted in the first post changing your wording. You're trolling your own thread and that is just pathetic.

H

Heartseeker

If 105's are already in trammel.

And now there's a way to upgrade scrolls.

They have effectively brought 120's to trammel.

It'll take a bit of time to get a 120 out of 105's, but guess what its now possible.

So all you're actually complaining about is that they didn't make it easy enough.

It's not a risk vs reward argument anymore, if you invest the time you never have to leave trammel.

And You have responded to every post with the same thing you spouted in the first post changing your wording. You're trolling your own thread and that is just pathetic.
I haven't seen 105's in Trammel.

As far as I know there are only in fel.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm getting really confused by the comments that imply you will have to bind a thousand 105 scrolls to obtain a 120 scroll.

The Playguide on UO.com provides the following conversion rates:

Four 105 scrolls = One 110 scroll
Six 110 scrolls = One 115 scroll
Eight 115 scrolls = One 120 scroll

Applying some simple substitution, I believe you could get a 120 scroll with just 192 105 scrolls--a far cry from a thousand 105 scrolls.

You'd bind the 192 105 scrolls in groups of four to get 48 110 scrolls. Then you'd turn around and bind those 48 110 scrolls in groups of six to get eight 115 scrolls. Bind those eight 115 scrolls together in one binder, and voila! A 120 power scroll.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the only one true addition that is needed to go along with Scroll Binders.

I do say leave 120 Powerscrolls and +25 Stat Scrolls as an exclusive spawn for Felucca.

I am fine with that. It makes sense for that risk vs. reward logic and blah blah.

But all the other minor scrolls like 110s, 115s and +5, +10, +15 and +20 Stat scrolls they should be brought to Trammel to give the average player a chance.

This way Felucca will still have its perks and average players in Trammel get their chance.

Problem solved.
So then you shouldn't be complaining about this idea because IF tram does get powerscrolls in on way or another you will be able to create 120's...

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was checking the new Features and I saw "Scroll Binders".

Now, are these what I think they are ?

Binders that bind powerscrolls together reducing the item count ?

If so, I am really disappointed to see that the Developers took time to help those few who hoarded powerscrolls at Champ spawns which are a minority (it is known how Powerscroll Champ spawns are a Monopoly of few guilds on all Shards), and did NOTHING to make binders for Treasure Maps, or seed cases, or jewellery cases and a number of other items which are of a MORE WIDER interest to a vaster majority of players ???

Excuse me ?

Cater the few and disregard the more ?

Unbelievable.
1. learn what the thing does exactly before you complain

2. join a better guild

3. work on your grammar

D

Deathy56

I may have missed it because I was laughing too hard at all the weird theories and misinformation, but if someone could post a link to where the binders are talked about on either UO.com, Stratics, or some other reputable site I would appreciate it.

Once this is done, then everyone can look at this before ranting how binders favor only the powerful, Obama is looking for ways to use Ultima Online to kill your grandmother, or whatever people have decided to become really pissed about based on information that just doesn't exist.

Since I do not know how these binders actually work, I will not say anymore other than ask for that link to be posted so I can start complaining and whining in a logical way.

Thanks