Stygian Abyss : this is REALLY disappointing

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
I was checking the new Features and I saw "Scroll Binders".

Now, are these what I think they are ?

Binders that bind powerscrolls together reducing the item count ?

If so, I am really disappointed to see that the Developers took time to help those few who hoarded powerscrolls at Champ spawns which are a minority (it is known how Powerscroll Champ spawns are a Monopoly of few guilds on all Shards), and did NOTHING to make binders for Treasure Maps, or seed cases, or jewellery cases and a number of other items which are of a MORE WIDER interest to a vaster majority of players ???

Excuse me ?

Cater the few and disregard the more ?

Unbelievable.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.

If so, I am really disappointed to see that the Developers took time to help those few who hoarded powerscrolls at Champ spawns which are a minority (it is known how Powerscroll Champ spawns are a Monopoly of few guilds on all Shards), and did NOTHING to make binders for Treasure Maps, or seed cases, or jewellery cases and a number of other items which are of a MORE WIDER interest to a vaster majority of players ???

Excuse me ?

Unbelievable.
Wow, really?
So much disappointment over a simple thing of scroll binding?

This is simply an introduction of a new idea in beta. It's quite possible that if it is successful at working bug-free that they may start introducing the same concept to other items including t-maps, seeds, etc.

Sooo, calm down, lmao.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Nope, they're not that at all.

They're a way to give lower powerscrolls some kind of value rather than leave them scattered all over the floor at champ spots.

With the recent changes to ghost behaviour at champ spawn locations many shards are now finding it much easier to successfully complete a champ, though they might have to employ tactics like slipping all the scrolls to a stealther who goes out the long way round rather than using the gate to star room.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
This is simply an introduction of a new idea in beta. It's quite possible that if it is successful at working bug-free that they may start introducing the same concept to other items including t-maps, seeds, etc.
You took the words out of my mouth, Viper.

Patience, grasshopper!! Sak's been one very busy developer and I think she's got about a billion ideas floating around in her head of things she wants to implement. Stick around and maybe you'll get some nice surprises.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 11, 2003
Scotland

Excuse me ?

Unbelievable.
Popps, after all these years, you are just coming to this conclusion now, it has always been this way, the Elite always come first, nothing is going to change this way of doing things, so just suck it up and move on.

E

Eyes of Origin

You guys amaze me sometimes. You assumed what a scroll binder is and its not what you assumed to be, but instead of finding out what it was, you came here ranting about it first. :coco: Plus, as the other posters said, this is beta still, it might not even make it to the final release. Not that it matters, but personally, I think its a great idea. I have a bunch of 110's and 115's that I've been holding in case they ever do a spring cleaning again, but now I might just use the scroll binder idea instead, if it makes it to the final release.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Wow, really?
So much disappointment over a simple thing of scroll binding?

Sooo, calm down, lmao.

It is the idea that the first thought goes to whom ?
To help the powerscroll hoarders who are always the same few players.

Why did not they do this test, instead of powerscrolls, with treasure Maps which are needed by a far wider majority of players ??

What is disappointing is the fact that the first thought of doing such a test (if it is a test) goes to cater the needs of those few top players and NOT to cater the needs of the masses of players playing out there.

This is what, at least for me, is VERY disappointing.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
It is the idea that the first thought goes to whom ?
To help the powerscroll hoarders who are always the same few players.

Why did not they do this test, instead of powerscrolls, with treasure Maps which are needed by a far wider majority of players ??

What is disappointing is the fact that the first thought of doing such a test (if it is a test) goes to cater the needs of those few top players and NOT to cater the needs of the masses of players playing out there.

This is what, at least for me, is VERY disappointing.
:violin:

Well guess what...that's how it is going to work right now in the beta.
So guess you'll just have to learn to manage your great disappointment over this while your playing the beta.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Nope, they're not that at all.

They're a way to give lower powerscrolls some kind of value rather than leave them scattered all over the floor at champ spots.

So what are they if I may ask if not simply a container to reduce their item count ?

With the recent changes to ghost behaviour at champ spawn locations many shards are now finding it much easier to successfully complete a champ, though they might have to employ tactics like slipping all the scrolls to a stealther who goes out the long way round rather than using the gate to star room.

I am not sure what you mean here.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Popps, after all these years, you are just coming to this conclusion now, it has always been this way, the Elite always come first, nothing is going to change this way of doing things, so just suck it up and move on.

But it does is disappointing, doesn't it ?

Besides, hard to understand at least for me.

I mean, who pays MOST of the bills ?

The subscriptions of the vaster majority of players, NOT of the elite few top players.

It is incredible to me that then those few are catered way before those many and yet, those who keep the game alive are the many, NOT the few.........

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 23, 2008
From what I understand, scrollbinders allow lower end power scrolls to be combined into a higher end one. It's something like take 10 105 scrolls and you get a 110. In the long run, this will create more 120 scrolls out there on vendors for players who never do champ spawns. So how is this not helping the majority of players out there?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
You guys amaze me sometimes. You assumed what a scroll binder is and its not what you assumed to be, but instead of finding out what it was, you came here ranting about it first. :coco: Plus, as the other posters said, this is beta still, it might not even make it to the final release. Not that it matters, but personally, I think its a great idea. I have a bunch of 110's and 115's that I've been holding in case they ever do a spring cleaning again, but now I might just use the scroll binder idea instead, if it makes it to the final release.

So what are scroll binders then ??

What do they do and how do they make more usefull 105s, 110s and 115s ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
From what I understand, scrollbinders allow lower end power scrolls to be combined into a higher end one. It's something like take 10 105 scrolls and you get a 110. In the long run, this will create more 120 scrolls out there on vendors for players who never do champ spawns. So how is this not helping the majority of players out there?

And this is not a change that favours Powerscroll hoarders ??????

Excuse me ?

These few players who HOLD HOSTAGE of Champion Spawns and prevent other players from freely hunting them have a BUNCH of lower scrolls which are useless and, thanking to Developers' generosity they will be able to make them into 120s and make even more money than what they may already have (powerscroll hoarders are among the wealthiest in the game, already) out of items that were worthless and this is not a special interest towards few players ?

Hallo ???

What the Developers should have done is finally BREAK, END, FINISH, KAPUT the monopoly of Champion Spawns by only a few Guilds.

All players should be able to freely hunt for their powerscrolls and instead, regardless of what one may say, FOR YEARS a whole lot of players have been significantly CUT OUT from powerscroll hunts.

And, they are a majority of subscribers.

How many players out of that closed circle have been able to get a 120 magery or 120 Evaluate Intelligence scroll, for example ?
Instead, some of those few players have most of their characters already capped at Legendary magery and Evaluate Intelligence.

If the Developers wanted to really help anyone it should have been THESE majority of players who needed the most help, not those who keep powerscroll hunts as their private hunting place..........

I can't imagine what will be with 120 Imbuing and who will get them becoming even more powerfull at the expense of the vaster majority of players and PAYING SUBSCRIBERS whose money is "THE" money which, being the most, is what pays for most of the bills....

These vaster majority of players' needs should come, to the eyes of Developers, waaaaaaaaay before any fewer elite players' needs since it is the most subscribers who pay most of the bills for the game, not the other way around.

That is at least how I see it.

T

Torin Galka

Funny how some people will spin something to suit there own opinion or agenda.

I for one love this. I have a bag full of scrolls I have collected over the years that were worthless to me because I had no use for the less than 120's on my own charaters. (don't have vendors to sell and I am a hoarder) Now instead of handing over gold I can't afford to these "evil" people I can create my own from cheaper lesser scrolls.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Funny how some people will spin something to suit there own opinion or agenda.

I for one love this. I have a bag full of scrolls I have collected over the years that were worthless to me because I had no use for the less than 120's on my own charaters. (don't have vendors to sell and I am a hoarder) Now instead of handing over gold I can't afford to these "evil" people I can create my own from cheaper lesser scrolls.

I simply think that letting a minority of players keep a majority of players out of parts of the game they pay subscription for, for YEARS, is something that should get Developers' attention.

I have heard comments for years that blues should organize and blah, blah, blah and yet, year after year after year I saw nothing changing.

A few Guilds simply keep out many many other players from powerscroll hunts and use it as a cash cow to become even more powerfull and improve their templates.

And, even though a vast majority of paying subscribers were suffering this for years upon years, nothing was done to break this monopoly.

Rather than helping those who already have large wealth to make more wealth (they are the hoarders of powerscrolls...), the developers should think of ways to help the average player to be able to catch up, not the gap to widen.....

At least, that is my opinion.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Just LOL.

This thread made me laugh,glad I stumbled upon it before I leave for work.

Me thinks someone needs to step awaaaaaay from the computer.......

:coco:

D

Der Rock

So what are scroll binders then ??

What do they do and how do they make more usefull 105s, 110s and 115s ??
can it be that you dont understand it at all?

at 1st you complain in almost all treads about the "rich" the "dominater" the "uber menschen"

and then you complain if the 120 scrolls will be much cheaper.

i love the scroll binders idia

( question to all: is it possible to bind at first 105 to 110 then the bindet 110 to 115 till at least 120 scrolls?)

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 29, 2007
popps, stop whining. Just because you pay your monthly subscription fee doesn't mean that everything should be handed to you on a silver platter. If you're so pissed about some guilds having power scroll monopoly why don't you start a blue zerg guild which can fight the reds back?

Guess you're too dumb for that..

C

Connor_Graham

And this is not a change that favours Powerscroll hoarders ??????

Excuse me ?

These few players who HOLD HOSTAGE of Champion Spawns and prevent other players from freely hunting them have a BUNCH of lower scrolls which are useless and, thanking to Developers' generosity they will be able to make them into 120s and make even more money than what they may already have (powerscroll hoarders are among the wealthiest in the game, already) out of items that were worthless and this is not a special interest towards few players ?

Hallo ???

What the Developers should have done is finally BREAK, END, FINISH, KAPUT the monopoly of Champion Spawns by only a few Guilds.

All players should be able to freely hunt for their powerscrolls and instead, regardless of what one may say, FOR YEARS a whole lot of players have been significantly CUT OUT from powerscroll hunts.

And, they are a majority of subscribers.

How many players out of that closed circle have been able to get a 120 magery or 120 Evaluate Intelligence scroll, for example ?
Instead, some of those few players have most of their characters already capped at Legendary magery and Evaluate Intelligence.

If the Developers wanted to really help anyone it should have been THESE majority of players who needed the most help, not those who keep powerscroll hunts as their private hunting place..........

I can't imagine what will be with 120 Imbuing and who will get them becoming even more powerfull at the expense of the vaster majority of players and PAYING SUBSCRIBERS whose money is "THE" money which, being the most, is what pays for most of the bills....

These vaster majority of players' needs should come, to the eyes of Developers, waaaaaaaaay before any fewer elite players' needs since it is the most subscribers who pay most of the bills for the game, not the other way around.

That is at least how I see it.
Translated:

"Whaaaaaaa Whaaaaaaaa Whaaaaaaa!!!!! He's got shinies and I don't!!! Whaaaaaaa!!! I want shinies just for logging on once a week!!! It's not fair that guy that's put years of effort into building up and maintaining a guild has more than me, even though I've only played for an hour a day, once a week!!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Yeah...

popps, intead of continuously whining about crap that you look at for 2 seconds, why don't you close out Stratics, and actually READ ABOUT THEN TEST everything you're pancakes and moaning about? This is 2 of 2 threads so far that you've been pissing and throwing a fit about something, and have ALL of your facts wrong.

I think you should probably lay off the coffee as well, and if you continue to be so unhappy about UO and what's going on, then quit and never look back.

Please. Quit and never look back.

:next:

N

NewThunder

Excuse me ?

Unbelievable.
So rather then researching what the Scroll Binders actually are, you chose to come post an inacurate post to express your displeasure. Scroll binders will provide a use for the lower level power scrolls and offer a way to combine SOTS, at least that is my take on it. These binders will lower the value of 120 scrolls very quickly, while providing some value to the lower value scrolls. This change has very little to do with Item count. But I am sure you will find another new feature to whine about.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
can it be that you dont understand it at all?

at 1st you complain in almost all treads about the "rich" the "dominater" the "uber menschen"
and then you complain if the 120 scrolls will be much cheaper.
i love the scroll binders idia
( question to all: is it possible to bind at first 105 to 110 then the bindet 110 to 115 till at least 120 scrolls?)

Changes like this, as I see it, should be done entirely "inhouse" with no leak and released all of a sudden.

That is, no player should be given info before hand to have the chance to hoarde the items for their self benefit.

Or, all players should get to know about them at the same one time.

It should be about time that changes were thought having in mind the masses, and not few elite players.......

At least that is my view.

C

Connor_Graham

Changes like this, as I see it, should be done entirely "inhouse" with no leak and released all of a sudden.

That is, no player should be given info before hand to have the chance to hoarde the items for their self benefit.

Or, all players should get to know about them at the same one time.

It should be about time that changes were thought having in mind the masses, and not few elite players.......

At least that is my view.
Who are these so called "elite" players that were in beta? You seem to think that only the richest of the rich among players were allowed in.

Guess what.

You're wrong.

It wouldn't be the first time, and it won't be the last. Now get over your butthurt that you didn't get invited to closed beta, and be glad those who were spent as much time as they did testing everything to have SA as close as it is.

I'd suggest some KY or Preparation H for that butthurt btw....:thumbsup:

T

TheGrayGhost

First you argue that scroll binders are bad because they allow people to horde more by reducing there item counts. You go on to say this ins't fair and only helps the elite!

When it's explained that is incorrect and that spellbinders allow you to combine lower scrolls into higher scrolls, whcih will help out the majority of the player base considering the "Elite" as you put it are the only ones that have an abundance of 120 scrolls. So now instead of paying 14mil for a 120 mage scroll you can piece one together.

So then you turn around and complain about that as well and go off about how it's helping the Elite horders still.

I really don't know why I keep checking out threads you make because they never make any sense.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
popps, stop whining. Just because you pay your monthly subscription fee doesn't mean that everything should be handed to you on a silver platter. If you're so pissed about some guilds having power scroll monopoly why don't you start a blue zerg guild which can fight the reds back?

Guess you're too dumb for that..

Over the years it has been tried a whole lot of times but never worked saved a few exceptions.

Casual, occasional players can never be as organized as players who just hang around most often.

The end result is that powerscrolls are unreachable to way too many players unless they buy them and this should never be.

All players should be able to hunt their own.

Perhaps, if up to 115 PS where made to drop in Trammel this could help other players now cut out.

As it is, way too many 105s would be needed to put together a 120.

A player trying to use Trammel 105 drops to put together a 120 would need forever....

If all players want to be helped out we need to have 110s and 115s drop in Trammel, also.

As of now, these Scroll Binders will only help those who needed the help the less.....

That is how I see it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
Actually this is my opinion..... it won't help anyone but the guilds who already monopolize the champ spawns.

Why you may ask do I say this?

Well... because... EVERYONE will have the ability to "bind" powerscrolls... so now... do you think these guilds who already control everything are going to continue to sell smaller scrolls cheaper? Hell NO they aren't... they will bind them themselves and charge the same ridiculously inflated prices and now exclusively offer only 120 scrolls normal players can never hope to afford.

At least not without BUYING gold... thereby continuing the market for scripters, hackers and everyone else including the guilds who monopolize the spawns to sell the powerscrolls to make money off of selling gold... and they intern the precious few who control these guilds cheat their players by selling the gold they are "hording" and keeping the RL money made from such sales to themselves... or their precious few. (you don't honestly believe that this isn't exactly what's been happening for many years do you?)

So THAT is what will be happening with the scrolls. So buy now while you can and hope that you may be able to piece together something from IDOC's or something because seriously you WON'T be doing it yourself otherwise.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
So rather then researching what the Scroll Binders actually are, you chose to come post an inacurate post to express your displeasure. Scroll binders will provide a use for the lower level power scrolls and offer a way to combine SOTS, at least that is my take on it. These binders will lower the value of 120 scrolls very quickly, while providing some value to the lower value scrolls. This change has very little to do with Item count. But I am sure you will find another new feature to whine about.

My point was that the change was a change to cater the few rather than the most.

That scroll binders help put together lower PSs into larger one does not change the fact that those who have the most or have access to the highest number of them is those who hold the Monopoly of Felucca Champ spawns.

Want this change to really help ALL players ?

Fine.

Then add 110 and 115 spawns to Trammel Champ Spawns and THEN, this change will actually help most players, not merely just a few.....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Just out of idle curiosity, have you actually tried to do a spawn since the ghost changes came in? I know of several champs that have been completed on Europa without being raided since that change.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Who are these so called "elite" players that were in beta? You seem to think that only the richest of the rich among players were allowed in.

Guess what.

You're wrong.

Anytime that someone gets important information that can help progress and a lot of others do not, that is PRIVILEGE.

The way I see it, there should never be such privileges, at least not in games where all participants pay the same subscription fees to access it.......

It wouldn't be the first time, and it won't be the last. Now get over your butthurt that you didn't get invited to closed beta, and be glad those who were spent as much time as they did testing everything to have SA as close as it is.

So why not have the beta testers help with the testing but still inform ALL players whether those testing or not of the upcoming changes so that they can ALL have equal chances to prepare for the upcoming changes ?

Why let some be more prepared than others when all are subscribers to the service just the same ?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
I am certainly no pvp'er, and seldom do Fel at all.
But I am glad to see this coming, in the long run it *will* lower 120 prices, I believe.
And I'll be glad to see the day that happens :)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl
Just out of idle curiosity, have you actually tried to do a spawn since the ghost changes came in? I know of several champs that have been completed on Europa without being raided since that change.
he hath not left ye olde Luna bank.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
First you argue that scroll binders are bad because they allow people to horde more by reducing there item counts. You go on to say this ins't fair and only helps the elite!

When it's explained that is incorrect and that spellbinders allow you to combine lower scrolls into higher scrolls, whcih will help out the majority of the player base considering the "Elite" as you put it are the only ones that have an abundance of 120 scrolls. So now instead of paying 14mil for a 120 mage scroll you can piece one together.

So then you turn around and complain about that as well and go off about how it's helping the Elite horders still.

Do we REALLY want this Scroll Binders change help ALL players and not mostly the Felucca PSs hoarders ?

Then make 110 and 115 Powerscrolls spawn in Trammel.

Only at that point I will agree that yes, this is a GREAT change for the game as it will help ALL players, not the same old fews.........

Scroll Binders do have a great potential to help the vast majority of players, now cut out, but to see this happen first 110 and 115 PSs need to spawn in Trammel.

C

Connor_Graham

Anytime that someone gets important information that can help progress and a lot of others do not, that is PRIVILEGE.

The way I see it, there should never be such privileges, at least not in games where all participants pay the same subscription fees to access it.......
You sure do put a whole lot of claim on that subscription fee. I suppose you'd want to be able to stand behind the Devs while they're programming too, just so you'd be able to see the source code as it's written. After all, the Devs play UO too, so they know before anyone what's going to happen.

So why not have the beta testers help with the testing but still inform ALL players whether those testing or not of the upcoming changes so that they can ALL have equal chances to prepare for the upcoming changes ?

Why let some be more prepared than others when all are subscribers to the service just the same ?
Because things can, do, and will change from day to day. Just because something is added in beta does not mean it will be part of the finished product. Just like imbuing that originally had peerless ingredients as part of the process that you jumped all over and threw a hissy fit about, even though it's not part of the finished product. There's a reason for the NDA, and your hissy fit is a perfect example of it.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl

You are joking right? We are in an open beta now silly, you are welcome to see all the things those in beta were only privvy to seeing before. I think giving the public a week long preview is more than fair, don't you?

In addition if you have any questions I am sure there are those here who would have no issue with filling you in.

If you would just please stop with the unending negativity, for goodness sakes man...you are complaining about something that is not only trivial in a game sense...but also about something (several things) that is beneficial to everyone.

C

Connor_Graham

those who hold the Monopoly of Felucca Champ spawns.
Monopolies only exist because the players on any given shard allow them to. Any monopoly can be broken. With the changes to champ spawns regarding ghost cams champs are much easier for anyone to run, and have a good chance at being completed without being raided.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Actually this is my opinion..... it won't help anyone but the guilds who already monopolize the champ spawns.

Why you may ask do I say this?

Well... because... EVERYONE will have the ability to "bind" powerscrolls... so now... do you think these guilds who already control everything are going to continue to sell smaller scrolls cheaper? Hell NO they aren't... they will bind them themselves and charge the same ridiculously inflated prices and now exclusively offer only 120 scrolls normal players can never hope to afford.

At least not without BUYING gold... thereby continuing the market for scripters, hackers and everyone else including the guilds who monopolize the spawns to sell the powerscrolls to make money off of selling gold... and they intern the precious few who control these guilds cheat their players by selling the gold they are "hording" and keeping the RL money made from such sales to themselves... or their precious few. (you don't honestly believe that this isn't exactly what's been happening for many years do you?)

So THAT is what will be happening with the scrolls. So buy now while you can and hope that you may be able to piece together something from IDOC's or something because seriously you WON'T be doing it yourself otherwise.

Exactly.

I am glad to see that there is someone else besides me who sees all this.

Unfortunately, the lower scrolls are quickly disappearing from vendors so, it is already too late for many.

Only those "privileged" well informed ones were able to stock them up......

We need changes for the many, not for the few.

Want to make Scroll binders be of use to ALL players and not just a few ?

Make 110s and 115s spawn in Trammel. THEN this change will have been a good one.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004

I think it is only a matter of time that the Guilds monopolizing the spawns will reorganize and find new ways.

The only real fix is letting 110s and 115s spawn in Trammel as well as lower stat scrolls up to +20.

Only in this way I could see Scroll Binders as a really great addition to the game as a change to cater the vaster majority of players and not only a few.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
I am certainly no pvp'er, and seldom do Fel at all.
But I am glad to see this coming, in the long run it *will* lower 120 prices, I believe.
And I'll be glad to see the day that happens :)

Wouldn't it be even nicer if ALL players could finally hunt their own without having to subject themselves to those Guilds monopolizing the Felucca Champ spawns ??

C

Connor_Graham

I think it is only a matter of time that the Guilds monopolizing the spawns will reorganize and find new ways.
Translation:

OMG!!! I can't try it now because sometime next year someone might figure something out, and it's easier for me to pancake and complain about it now than to actually go out and try.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 1, 2008
Luna Atl
Wouldn't it be even nicer if ALL players could finally hunt their own without having to subject themselves to those Guilds monopolizing the Felucca Champ spawns ??
Dont you really mean groups of people who hang out doing stuff together? I am sorry some of us are not up on doing things on our own. (this is an MMORPG no?)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Monopolies only exist because the players on any given shard allow them to. Any monopoly can be broken. With the changes to champ spawns regarding ghost cams champs are much easier for anyone to run, and have a good chance at being completed without being raided.

Really ?

If I see a whole lot of shards that for YEARS upon YEARS have been subject most if not all of them to these Monopolies what are we talking about ?

Breaking them ?

If it was possible it would happen systematically and all of the time instead, the rule is the other one, Felucca Champ spawns are privilege of a few Guilds only.

When something does not change on so many shards for so many years, to me this shows there DOES IS a problem.

If there was no problem then Monopolies would not exist or not be so wide spread and be able to continue for so long.

Yet, they do.

This continuing state of things over so many shards shows it all well that unless the Developers step in and DO SOMETHING, players will NOT be able to change things.

Otherwise, they would have had over the years.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
*says in best Mr. Rogers imitation*

Can you say contradictory statements?

I knew you could.

How so ?

A potential can lay unused "unless" the correct change steps in.......

This change further needed is adding 110 and 115 PSs spawn to Trammel.

Only THEN the Scroll binder change will finalize its potential to become truly a great change for the game.

Using 105s all the way to make a 120 just takes too many 105s to make it really feasible.

C

Connor_Graham

When something does not change on so many shards for so many years, to me this shows there DOES IS a problem.
When something does not change it's because the other players on the shard allow it to stagnate. Anyone can start a guild, put the effort in to recruit and train, and take on the monoplies. The problem is that people like you would rather give up and come here and complain about it instead of actually working for your reward. Every zerg guild started out with one person deciding to put that effort in. If you're unwilling to even try, then that's on you, not the Devs. Devs don't control the players, no matter how much you want them to.