Strangers - any thought given to .....

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
it being a golden invitation to script looters? im sure any player with over a week in the game can predict this but seems ea/mythic cant?
anyway its still a good event at the moment

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Essentially, this event is a real-shard test of the new IDOC anti-script-loot code in a more controlled environment. I'm willing to bet that some of the fights have devs watching (with some GMs for assistance, taking scripter names), trying to see what is causing their new code to not work properly, or how the scripters are getting around it. I'd not want to be associated with any of the scripters at the end of this, as there may be another round of bans based on the event observers standing unseen at the scenes of the crime.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Im by no means an expert in this field but one thing i have noticed at good idocs and from a while back in doom gauntlet is that sometimes you see items flying around as if its picking stuff up and dumping it in a pack just before the drop and subsequent lightning fast looting. is that a script running?
if you visit luna now you can see what i mean