• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Story Time...

Old Timer

Adventurer
Magic sat across the table. The Savage sitting opposite, and Phaedrin at the end. They finally managed to convey to the savage to come to the pub and have some food. They also supplied the savage with parchment and carbons. The Savage promptly scribbled out a fairly good map. A map that they guessed showed the path to the Savage village. It would be a long trip. Covering much of the land.

The Savage sat and ate. Meat and fruits, all without utensils. It eyed the patrons as it did, making everyone feel a bit uncomfortable in the process.

Magic looked at Phae, "We really need a way to communicate. Hopefully when Tanager arrives, that problem will be ended. Still, it is troubling that your brother is now missing as well." Phae replied, "Aye. Trouble seems to come in packs. And always when there is no slayer to smite it."

About then, the door opened abruptly and in strode several 'men at arms'. Mercenaries really. Hard men that knew their way around the battlefield. Magic and Phaedrin recognized a few of them. Patrons were now trying to make themselves small and unnoticeable. Some getting up and leaving. There were many stories circulating about the men that Magic knew. Not all of them good.

The ranger clad man, set his bow within reach. His quiver still on his back, and quite full. He was a bit grizzled, but his eyes shown a keen awareness and sharp intelligence. He sat with his companions carefully scanning the room. Most likely taking stock of possible threats, ways of exit, and points for defense. The barmaid came over and quickly took their order for food and drink. Unlike most tables, she did not linger, flirt, or make small talk.

Finally the man's gaze came to rest upon the table of unlikely companions. The Savage took little notice, or appeared not to. Phaedrin and Magic each waved and offered a friendly greeting.

Magic saying friendly, "Greeting good travelers. Welcome to our town. You are Max Blackoak, are you not?"

Max smiled big. "I see I am not unknown here. That can be a good thing, or a bad thing. It depends of course on how hospitably me and my friends are treated." Magic smiled equally big, "We welcome all to UWSP town. The good, the bad. The famous, and the... infamous."

Max raised his mug in salute, and turned back to his friends.

Phaedrin drew up close to Magic and in a hushed voice offered, "These men could be of help with what we may face. Stories are many of their exploits. What do you think, Master?"

Magic watched the far table with a new interest now. "Perhaps, perhaps..."

In the meantime...

Old Timer

Adventurer
Magic pondered a bit before getting up and walking to the table with the rough looking group of men. Upon arriving, he raised a welcoming hand and said, "The notorious Max Blackoak. Here in our little town. What could be of interest here for you Mr Blackoak?" Max looked up and grinned at Magics greeting, " Notorious? Someone been telling on me... And you are Magic Hands, the master of this quaint village." Magic replied, "You are well informed for someone not seen much in these parts." "Oh, I have my little whispers... they tell me much of what's happening in these lands." Max says in reply.

Magic slid a stool over and sat down near Max. Lowering his voice a bit Magic said," Precisely what I'd like to discuss with you sir. I have need of information. Information which you can most likely acquire for me." Max rubbed the scrag of beard developing on his face, " Information. That can sometimes be a pricey item to get. Are you willing to pay?" "Aye" Magic responded, "And we may have need of your unique - shall we say - talents, as well. If you are willing of course."

The two men sat and conversed a while. Then Max and his party stood up, preparing to leave. "So we are in agreement then Max?" Magic asked. Max responded, "Aye, we have a contract. I will gather the information you need presently. Then, should things progress as you think they may, my men and I may lend our 'talents' to your cause. This is all based on your ability to pay our fees of course." "Of course." Magic echoed bowing as the men passed on their way out of the tavern.

Coming back to the table with Phaedrin, Tanager, and the Savage, Magic sat down happy with the conversation he just had.

Phaedrin prodded, "Those men are scoundrels and mercenaries. What could have driven you to go and talk with them Master Hands?" Magic looked serious, "They have talents we can use to discover where Piram might be, and what may be happening in areas we fear to tread. I believe that we will need the information and their help before this is finished. Those fellows are battle hardened, and know how to handle themselves in a fight. And I truly believe there WILL be a fight before this is put to rest."

Magic regarded the Savage sitting with them, "Now, what can we do about our situation with our guest here?" Magic asked no one in particular...

And Meanwhile...

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The flickering of the table candle held the Savage's gaze as the events unfolded around him in the darkness of the pub. His mumbling, at first appearing from sheer exhaustion, began to string together an ancient chant as his mind remained trapped with darkness.

The smoke of the candle grew thick, evolving into small forms of floating armies. As his companions began to take notice, the firelight of the hearth roared with black smoke, evolving into a massive abomination that quickly devoured the apparitions. Had the hare the ability to see the hawk as it came down upon it, no doubt, it would surely have shared a similar expression to that of his companions in the moment. Whether it was eating its own armies or those of its opponent was unclear.

"Stop.", whispered a tiny and familiar voice in the back of his head. It was only a single word, but one that carried a wealth of meaning. And with that the smoke quickly evaporated, leaving a pile of ash.

The Savage leaned forward, smudging with ash, "Relik", in the middle of table.

And Meanwhile...

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The crash of a goblet in the far corner stirred the Savage's attention. Her eyes were wide, wide and frightened. At a distance, the woman appeared a fair maiden with long hair of brilliant amber. She was dressed simply at the moment, with her revealing dress tied loosely about her waist by a large ribbon.

"Relic, " she managed after a moment to collect herself. With delicate and careful steps, Tanager made her way to the table and pulled the hawk's scroll from Magic's hands (excuse the pun). Though lines may exist between the languages, she seemed to transcend them and decipher the message portrayed through the apparitions and strange calligraphy from the parchment. "Oriki" (Orcs), she declared, as she finished.

"Jii (Yes)", the savage replied, surprised by her understanding. With much of his mind and actions controlled by the curse and blue mask set upon him, Holden, stood slowly upright and turned about to face the lady.

His shame of betrayal by the Shaman priestess burdened what virtuous fury remained in him. He knew these townsfolk needed his help, and in his current condition, his previous consciousness was treading water.

He offered her his hand, a gesture he had oftentimes used before, between knight and lady and one he hoped she might accept at this late hour. He wished to protect her along the harrowing path they would set upon by dawn's break, and before he might turn cold again and distant. And as she took his hand, in the darkness of their surroundings, a bright smile was seen across her face.

And meanwhile...

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The man was entering in the house spelling some magical words. He had to left his friends at tavern that were discussing with the savage because a magical alarm warned him.There was something new inside... At first look everything seemed in his place but in the darkness he saw a shadow near the table in the middle of the room. After some seconds a candle turned on and he could see who was the guest.

" Mr Blackoak. I tought you had already left our town with all your friends ! "
" I'll meet them later. Before i had to discuss with you about our agreement " The man sat down on the chair and with a gesture of the hand, he indicated the other chair.
" Aren't you scared to be in this room alone with me, Magichands? " There was a grin on the face of the man.
Laughing, Magichands sat down on the chair and answered " Scared? Me? If you wanted me dead, i'd already been for while. And to be honest we aren't alone "
From the corner of the room two eyes come out and the big wolf went to sleep near the fireplace. Max Blackoak stared a bit the big wolf and going near to Magichands said:
"Interesting creature ! How you control it?"
The laugh was so hard that the wolf turned his face to the 2 men. And Magichands after a second said:
" I don't control him and i'll never tought to do that... Probably who will try to do that, will become his dinner. He goes where he wanst and when he want sand i can't do anything for that. Probably he liked me so much that he still didn't eat me " and still laughing a bit, he gave a goblet of his best wine to Max. " I'm sure you'll like it !" and then the two man drank their goblets.

" Ok. I think now we can discuss about our agreement. To be honest i hoped to see you in our town because for this work i need the best one ! "
" Ah so i was right... Voices that come to me weren't a case... You spread those voices ! "
" Well you know... A word here, a word there and probably the person you are looking for will hear them" And with a little grin Magichands looked to Max.
" But you know that your voices attracted half of the bounty hunter of our lands here???"
" I tought that could happen, but i was sure you know also a way to prevent them reaching our town. Or i'm wrong?"

Max Blackoak watched the man in front of him with a big grin and after a second he said:
" It seems you know well me"
" Well i heard many stories about you... Not all good and not all bad,but all confirmed my idea: you follow a your honor code that is hard to find in kind of people like you, and that was enough for what i needed"
" And this is the problem: you told me you need informations and our skills but before leaving the town i tought was better speak with you directly because seems so hard to me that you can't do that alone "
Smiling Magichands answered " You are right. This time my magical power aren't enough... I need more "the old way" of tracking a person. And you, and your men, are the best in this art. As i said before at tavern we need information to find our friend Lord Piram. I tought i could follow him with my spells but in some way he disappeared at all "
" Disappeared? And let me guess... You didn't say anything to your friends to don't worry them? "
" Perfect ! I knew you are the best one ! Yes i didn't say anything hoping to get your help. My last track of him is very far east from town... But except for that i can't help you much more."
" Will be enough for us... We'll find him... For the right price " and saying that Max grins.
" Oh don't worry for that... you can ask everything even because we need your talents also for another little thing ! "
" Mmmm interesting... And for what? "
" Well i don't know if you saw the savage in our tavern... Well he come in our town to warn us about a big danger that is near to hit our lands ! But he brought with himself also an hope... There is a relic we need to recover and here we'll need your help again. As you know orcs are invading our lands and .. well they put the hands on this relic... We'll try to discuss with them but i'm sure it will end up like all other times: they understand only an axe in the middle of their face ! .... So while we'll keep them busy we need you, or one of your men, will get this relic. " Then Magichands pointed his finger on the map on the table showed to Max Blackoak the location of the relic.
" That will cost you much... It's a very dangerous place ! "
" I know but you are the best one so i'm sure you'll find a way... And for the pay as i said before you can ask everything... I'm also a merchant and i know that to get the best resources you have to pay the right value " And saying that he held out his hand to the other man. Shaking the hand Max Blackoak answered:
" Perfect.. That was all i needed to know... It's a pleasure make a deal with your Magichands !"
Smiling Magichands said " Same for me Max, though i'm sure my finances will cry at the end of this story"

And in the meanwhile....

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Looks at the Calender, notes it is Friday the 13th. Looks outside, sees that it a beautiful day outside, looks at the Calender’s date once more, looks outside, looks at the Calender’s date, looks outside, decides to stay indoors today.

And in the meanwhile....

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Otto hauled himself from the bed, fed up with the time recuperation took.
"Mithras take this! I'm fit as a horse!" he declared, as he pulled his traditional blue robe about him.
He stepped out the front door of the temple, feeling the morning sun on his skin.
As his foot reached the second step, he heard a whistling noise, getting closer....

"Truly, people, you must keep a closer eye on your patients!" scolded the healer guildmaster, as he checked Otto's pulse.
"Why, you cannot leave an old, blind man like this, still recovering from a major trauma, to wander outside unattended while the annual dragon tossing competition takes place nearby! Now he'll need another month or so in that bed! I hope you feel ashamed of yourselves!"

and meanwhile...

Old Timer

Adventurer
Piram, or should we say 'possessed Piram', stood upon the raised stone slab. Ancient runes marked the circumference with a large bench of reagents, flasks and alchemy tools in the center. Possessed Piram stood before the bench, cackling happily whilst mixing reagents and speaking an occasional enchantment. The real Piram, watching through eyes he no longer controlled, was helpless to do anything to prevent the actions before him. And it tore at his soul to think his body would be the tool of such evil.

Possessed Piram said aloud, "These wretches that think they control this land will come to see, and soon! When I have finished my preparations they will all know. Once unleashed, this land will be plunged into pestilence... darkness... pain! Theses fools will come to bow before me or they will suffer and die!" Anticipating the mayhem to come the possessed Piram cackled even more manically.

Piram's mind raced with thoughts... "My friends will surely seek me out. With the grace of Mithras, they should find this place and free me from this evil. But if not, I will gladly perish if it protects the land from this 'creature' that inhabits me. I pray to the god Mithras that Magic, Phaedrin, or another virtuous crusader can find a way to free me or stop this evil. One that should never allowed to be released upon the land."

And meanwhile...

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There was silence in the big room... Most of people left the tavern some hours ago and now everything was quite... Magichands gave to his friends at the table a cup of a special liquor.
"My friends, it's very late now and we need all to rest. This liquor will help you to rest and recover a bit of energy"
They all start to drunk from their cup and at the end Phaedrim said:
"Recover energy if it doesn't kill you before ! What is?"
Lady Tanager instead had an happy face.
"Don't know what is, but i like it !!! And i think also our new friend Holden like it !"
On the savage's face there was a big smile and he said a word in common language:
"Friends !!!"
Magichands answered smiling:
" Probably because he understood what is... But for respect of their traditions i will not say what is this liquor"
"Anyway my friends, i think now we know what we have to do... I think our is a good plan, we found also who will help us to find Piram and the relic and so it's time to call all our friends. I sent already Ang Ogger to spread voice around towns and i hope all brave defenders of our lands will have enough time to get ready for the fight !"
And filling again all cups he said:
"For our friend Piram ! We'll save him!!!"

And in the meanwhile....

Old Timer

Adventurer
Possessed Piram walked around the circle of runes, placing a flask containing agents mixed and chanted over. Six in all. Evenly spaced and placed directly on specific runes. It was time to call in his minions to aid in his grand plan of dominance.

Returning to the center of the stone slab, now cleared of everything but the newly placed flasks, possessed Piram began to chant. Intricate hand movements accompanying the words spoken. In a long dead tongue the creature repeated the same words, "Praecepta Domini... Mortus Est... Daemonium... Anima Mea... Vivet!" His voice rising with each repetition of the verse. Over and over until it was booming through the chamber. Abruptly he stops, and claps his hands once.

The six flasks surrounding him instantly burst in plumes of back mist, swirling and coalescing. Finally taking the form of six dark figures. The minions that would protect and aid the Dark One as it put it's plan of dominance into play.

Walking to the edge of the slab, possessed Piram turned and faced his new acolytes. Grinning a sinister grin, he slowly raised his outstretched arms above his head. As it did, the freshly minted soldiers of his will knelt and bowed their heads in unison.

A great cackle rose from the throat of the possessed knight, "Good. GOOD! All is going to plan. Soon my 'pets' I will unleash you and you will feast. The souls of innocents make such a good meal!" Even more cackling, as the Dark One turned and exited into an antechamber. Leaving the minions, still kneeling in obedience.

And meanwhile...

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In his dreams, the blind man saw. Cracks of white light spread across his field of vision like a great spider's web. Through the cracks, he saw a dark being, shadow-like tendrils reaching out from its bony fingers, towards the floating form of Sir Piram. As each tendril touched a limb, that limb moved in response. As one touched Piram's head, his eyes moved, and his mouth formed words.

Aghast, unsure if he was truly dreaming, or awake, Otto reached through one of the cracks, and grabbed a tendril, pulling at it with all his smith-forged strength. A prayer to Mithras on his lips, he hauled on the tendril for all he was worth.

The creature turned, eyes blazing with hate, and then with pain. It screamed in agony as Otto severed the tendril. Piram's eyes opened, just for a moment. He spoke "Otto! Run! There is no hope for me! Save thyself!"
Then another unearthly tendril sun outwards, wrapping itself around Piram's head, and he fell silent again. The creature turned towards Otto, and waves a claw-infested hand towards him - just as the white cracks spun out in all directions, narrowed, and were gone.

Otto awoke, his wounds healed, but two cries ringing in his ears. One, the howl of a beast who has just lost its prey. The other, the cry of a friend who may be lost.
But somehow, he knew he had given Piram a fighting chance. Now, how to find him, and how to bring him aid?
Pushing a flappy healer aside, he headed for his pigeon coop. The Knights were few and scattered, but the folks of UWSP had shown similar valor, if not similar fighting prowess. Perhaps there was aid to be found there?

Before long, the powerful wings of a Wintermoor pigeon cleaved the air, heading across Malas...

and meanwhile...

Old Timer

Adventurer
Epilog:

Piram sat in the large familiar chair at the head of the table in the main room of the Defense Hall of UWSP Town. Sitting on the sides, sat brothers Phaedrin and Argus Agrivar. This was their first meal, and quiet time, since the combined effort to free him and return him to a normal state of being.

His head still throbbed. An after effect from the possession and subsequent exorcism. Physicians from the Mithras Temple had thoroughly checked him over at the direction of Lord Otto. They had proclaimed him remarkably fit for someone who had just been inhabited by an evil entity, so there should be no health issues from the ordeal. But those close to him feared not for his health, but more for his spirit.

Piram spoke, "I can never repay the kindness, nor the valor displayed by many people of the land. This day, they all have reaffirmed my faith that good men, good women, will band together for a just cause. Valor, honor, and compassion still live in the hearts of those that brave life in Siege. I must walk the path each day they have lit to honor them and this deed."

The brothers smiled at this. It sounded like their older brother, and it was pleasing to hear it.

"Magic Hands, Tanager, Lord Otto, many others from our town. Strangers, Savages, even some of questionable repute... all banded together to act as a single force. It shows that all can come together for a common cause and prevail. Had this not happened, I would be lost. This exemplifies the spirit of those that make their way in these lands. Strength, was multiplied by the many, where one... or few, would fail. I hope all remember this day. Not that I was saved, but the day a great evil was put down by the combined actions of the many. United, there is little that cannot be done." Piram finished.

Smiling at his siblings, he simply said, "Let's eat, drink, and celebrate the victorious!"

This ends Piram's Story. Hopefully it will entice others to write about their characters and experiences in this world we escape to. Possibly even trigger more player made game content. I must one last time thank Magic, Tanager (my guildies), Blind Otto (who I have known a good long time), new friends - Holden Caulfield, and Max Blackoak (both of whom were involved in planning but could not make the event sadly), our excellent EM Kincaid (best in UO... but I might be biased), and lastly but not least the many fine players of Siege that came and participated in a possibly "hair brained" player conceived fiction.
I enjoyed it greatly, and I hope each that participated did as well. Now to start planning another adventure....

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Tanager looked at the rocky wall of the cave, following it upwards to give the stalactites above her a lingering frown of concern. It felt like one good earthquake spell could bring the whole place down on her! Narrow, winding tunnels had never really been her thing. She liked open areas, full of sun, water, and growing things.

She would have sighed, but that would have alerted the various creatures of earth and stone that lived here. Instead, she waited a minute longer and then slid from behind the cover of a stalagmite to a pile of rubble not far away. Her elven eyes needed no magic to see in this dismal place, the luminescent fungi being enough. But a stray sound would be all it would take to have every living thing in the place upon her. She continued to make her way stealthily deeper into the cave system, until she came upon an underground river.

There were only a couple creatures here, so she led them on a short chase away from her chosen spot. Simple minded things, they went back to mindlessly sifting through the clay soil for whatever it was that gave them life as soon as they lost her trail. She returned to the water's edge and, with a satisfied smile, pulled a fishing pole out of her wondrously magical little pouch. This was her third day attempting to catch the elusive Fire Fish that could only be found in these waters. She supposed the only advantage to fishing in such dreary surroundings was that there was far less places the fish could be hiding. She knew it was only a matter of time.

In fact, it turned out to be just an hour later that her pole bent to the weight of a huge fish! The struggle to land it was immense, nearly pulling her into the waters where who-knew-WHAT horrible things lived. As she struggled to reel it in, its great ugly head kept surfacing to breath angry fire at her, with horns and enormous teeth that promised to tear her to shreds if she did manage to get it out of the river.

Finally though, she was victorious! Exhausted, she cast a preservation spell on it and then lay on the ground panting with the effort. Eventually, she heard the rustling of stone on stone, and knew some creature or another was shuffling blindly closer to her - no doubt drawn to the beastly roaring of the fish and her excited shouts. Tanager sipped from a potion flask to give her the strength to carry such a massive catch as this out of the dungeon. Surely, this would make a fine trophy!

fire fish.jpg

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Siege Governor Meeting 7-14-18
I am not even going to post this as shard news at Stratics as I know that they ask that I delete the first snap. Kenzie did remove one tossing it on the Royal Council’s Table in front of the King stated “there are more out there”. There was no need to put a blockage on the Council’s meeting place, I am not upset with the death and did expect to be looted, all I lost were the apples, so.. Thank you Astynax and Or’Grum for not taking everything.

King Blackthorn: Welcome to our new governors, and congratulations to those who were re-elected. You have been given a key to these chambers. Do not abuse it. However, you are welcome to deposit any who are found breaking the rules of the chamber into the moat. Let us now hear from our governors, how their towns and cities are faring! First, how fares Jhelom in this new season? The floor is yours, Lady Tanager.

Tanager: Jhelom is doing well! The trade deal with the Merchants of the land is going strong and we are saving up funds to pave our dirt roads perhaps someday! Otherwise, little to report.
King Blackthorn: *smiles, makes notes* *nods* thank you, Lady Tanager I would like to take this opportunity to remind the governors that they are permitted to make two requests of the crown per term should a request be declined, they do not forfeit that request Was no governor appointed for New Magincia? I thought Lord Ironsides was re-elected? well then, it seems Minoc has bold new leadership! How are your first days in office, Lady Perilous?
Siege Perilous: Thanks *nods* sir, good evening sir. nothing new or unusual to report at this time the treasury sits at 19million and I have negotiated a deal with the League of Rangers sir.
King Blackthorn: *notes the lack of singing with relief* *smiles* Well done! A good start indeed! Keep it up! And now, Britain - congratulations on re-election, Lord Starcon *smiles*
Starcon: Thank you I would like to report that all is quiet in Britain The treasury is at 40 million and we continue to run the Bardic Collegium trade deal. Help from the citizens of Britain is the main reason the treasury is so high That is all I have to report thank you.
King Blackthorn: *smiles again* an excellent start to your new term in office *smiles, makes note to lower Britain's taxes slightly* thank you! It would seem Trinsic has been abandoned as well how sad Sir, please do not ride your spider indoors thank you Well then, over to Moonglow. How is that fair city?
Talia: Moonglow is doing well Trade putters along slowly, but as always we have our heads in our research Especially when the noise around the realm gets a little too loud... *looks around* Well, they do seem slightly lessened I imagine though, that the more wily specimens will persevere Survival of the fittest and whatnot...
King Blackthorn: *nods appreciatively* what of the mongbat infestation? We did dispatch exterminators. good! I have also sent word to a legendary mongbat slayer from Cove. He should be arriving by llama soon.
Talia: Llama you say/ is it a Papuan aquatic llama? Good good, he may have a chance then...
King Blackthorn: I believe it may be *smiles* I believe that is due to the mongbats. *nods* a good idea indeed *nods* a good report
Talia: One item of note, I have not seen any orcs in Moonglow and I am thinking of playing that up in our next series of travel brochures That is all the news for this month's thanks!
King Blackthorn: Since Skara, Vesper and Yew seem to be without leaders - most disappointingly - I will turn my attention to the outlying towns and cities is there anything to report?
Magichands: I'm here for UWSP Town your majesty! Your Majesty, governors life in UWSP Town is going well... Our citizens and merchants are happy, business is going well, our warriors are continuing to training their skills and new people are still joining our town. well also killing a mongbat need skills :p In last month nothing special happened in town so I haven't much more to report. but one news our section for NEW player is closed now that NEW Guild is again active so from now we'll support them for everything yep a wonderful news ! anyway, this is all thank you all! *salutes Your Majesty and Governors*
King Blackthorn: *nods* peace is nothing to frown about. Well done sir *nods* I did hear that NEW has re-opened its doors. That is indeed good news for the land. Thank you for your report yes, sir? How may we help you?
Cherokee: I volunteer to govern Yew for the King I will continue to make it a valuable asset for the King
King Blackthorn: *nods* well, we will see if the stone stands empty. If it is - are there any objections to Cherokee being appointed? *looks around the room* No? So be it. After this meeting, if the stone is vacant, I will appoint Cherokee. Meet me at the Yew Town Stone after this meeting has concluded. Now, I note the Liege of Luna is with us. How fares Luna, Bo?
Bo: Someone disgraced luna with plants today some ugly yellow flowers
King Blackthorn: How disrespectful!
Bo: Don’t worry Bo will dispatch justice on that person later. What bout this 2nd blessing coming to Siege?
King Blackthorn: I am glad to hear it Keep up the good work. Every time I visit Luna, it seems to be in fine shape! I have no insight into the mysterious plans of the gods, I fear I only know what they choose to convey to me If I hear of a second blessing, I will let you know.
Bo: or the passive detect too many hiding waffles in these here parts
King Blackthorn: But you are right - Luna's warriors are cut from a different cloth indeed! Thank you for your report! Are there any other matters for the council this evening?
Tanager *looks innocent* I believe our Dark Lady said to watch for the Newsletter for answers.
King Blackthorn: *nods to Tanager* we will watch the skies! well, if that is all, then I declare this meeting adjourned, and the orcs fair game. Cherokee, if you would accompany me to Yew's town stone?

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
go back and read the rules! it is your ignorance that allows you to believe everyone is doing something wrong.
It is obvious by your picture that there are several clear paths, hence no blockage. You die easy and fast, that has nothing to do with the 3-4 candelabras on the ground.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Siege Governor’s Meeting 8-11-18​

Greetings all. Is Max in Love ♥? Naw, never mind, can’t be, you were wearing to much perfume Kenzie and it went straight to your head. That can be the only answer for the standing near you, following you through your moongate, making sure to stand as close as possible to you, naw can’t be. (please note Max was only in RP and Kenzie loves the attention)

Tonight’s meeting Kenzie made sure to use the new portal at the Brit Hub for this meeting. The meeting started (twice) when Morgan Ironfist arrived and left;

Morgan Ironfist: Meeting is too late for me. Magincia is doing fine. Money for the Assassins Trade Deal will suffice for the term, so have a good meeting.

The King arrived, looks around at the mild chaos that had occurred and jokes with all there.

King Blackthorn: *looks suspiciously at blood-stains*
SpyderBite: How is the zombie.. err his majesty this day?
King Blackthorn: Ah, you heard of the zombie fever outbreak! I am glad to report it has been contained and the Royal Healer is working on a cure for the citizens of Cove
SpyderBite: *chuckles*
Phaedrin Agrivar: *I heard it was Disco Fever*
King Blackthorn: No, no - that was in the small village of D'ance, in the Ocllo isles but they are on top of that as well
Kenzie Mori: they should test it on Spiderbite , this cure to be sure it works as it should
King Blackthorn: it is sad that they could not send a representative, but they tell me that they're all shook up, and could not come due to great balls of fire
SpyderBite: Its true that I'll drink anything though
Phaedrin Agrivar: Blind Otto is probably teaching them lymerics
King Blackthorn: Well, shall we begin this meeting? Aye? Well then, I call this meeting to order!
*bangs table*

And with that the meeting was no longer the social club of the evening but a meeting of the Council of Siege’s Governors and HRM.
Kings Meeting on Siege.jpg
King Blackthorn: Let us hear from the governor of Jhelom!
Tanager: Jhelom is doing well, all things considered
Siege Perilous: *nods*
King Blackthorn: good, good
Tanager: Trade deal is active, granting mana regen for those who wish. The orcs do not seem inclined to invade the city, so all is well
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Zugt'Hagz: *grins toothely*
Tanager: Not much else to report, I fear
King Blackthorn: I shall bring word on the orcs soon. I also hear that your city coffers have... *rummages through notes* 8,951,500 gold! well done!
Tanager: pssst don’t tell the Jhelom citizens i jinx ed us!
King Blackthorn: That trade deal seems profitable!
SpyderBite: Holy crap.. I may have to relocate my "operation"
Tanager: Ah, the citizens work hard for the coffers!

King Blackthorn: I note that the governor of New Magincia is not present. I hope no harm has befallen Lord Ironfish? *checks notes* Lord Ironsides?
Starcon: gave a report and left
King Blackthorn: *makes note to have scribe flogged*
Siege Perilous: unforgivable
Tanager: *looks at empty seats*
King Blackthorn: good to know
Tanager: At least there was an effort...
King Blackthorn: Let us hear then, from Minoc's governor. I hear the coffers are growing, now that the governor can actually SEE them!
Siege Perilous: Sir, good evening sir.
King Blackthorn: *nods regally*
SpyderBite: All those fat purses.. I really need to consider relocating
Siege Perilous: there is nothing new or unusual to report at this time, sir. Minoc coffers are at 26+ million
King Blackthorn: Good. Business as usual, then?
Siege Perilous: i do have a request sir.
King Blackthorn: certainly!
King Blackthorn: *readys royal pen*
Siege Perilous: several of my citizens have pointed out to me that the casino north of the rewards hall has fallen into disrepair the slot machines are not working the dart game is not working the beach has dried up i request this be remedied sir
King Blackthorn: What! That is terrible! I shall send word to the royal tinkers and repairmen at once!
Siege Perilous: sir, thank you sir.
Tanager: And girls. Servings girls!
SpyderBite: *looks up interested*
King Blackthorn: *makes copious notes*
Siege Perilous: *nods in respect*
King Blackthorn: well, thank you, governor. I am glad you brought that to my notice
Siege Perilous: aye sir
King Blackthorn: Now, where is Lord Starcon? I am sure I heard his horse earlier. aha How fares Britain, sir?
Starcon: Greetings All is well in Britain
King Blackthorn: So I hear! 42 million, according to the last report to reach me!
Starcon: The treasury is at 42 million and we continue to with the Bardic Collegium Trade Deal
(I am sure Spiderbite head was swimming with all the purses in Brit)

King Blackthorn: You are to be commended.
Saint: *applause*
Starcon: The only other thing to report
Magichands: *claps*
Starcon: is that it appears we had a pig trailer overturn in Britain this morning
Saint: lol
King Blackthorn: A - pig trailer?
Starcon: and there are a bunch of Boars running about town
King Blackthorn: Surely the local butcher can attend to it?
SpyderBite: We call that "All you can eat BBQ"
Starcon: we may be having bacon and pork ribs for dinner
Magichands: lol
King Blackthorn: Indeed!
Starcon: Thank You
King Blackthorn: Well, that may affect the pork market for a while, but I doubt the citizens will complain. Thank you for all the good work you do!

Calavera: *clears throat*
Bo: yo
King Blackthorn: Greetings, Lord Calavera.
Calavera: I speak for Moonglow this day
King Blackthorn: Not more pigs, I hope?
Calavera: While the treasury does have 8 million The governor has become...ill

Tanager: oh no
Siege Perilous: *Gasps*
Calavera: She ask that I encourage all to avoid the Lyceum this week as its scholars and the governor are confined to quarters

King Blackthorn: Sad news, indeed. I trust she is drawing on the Governor's health allowance?
SpyderBite: Zombie Flu?
Calavera: A most aggressive case of syphilis has taken hold
King Blackthorn: Hmm. I see.
Calavera: And we wish it not to spread to your majesty
SpyderBite: Oh snap!
Calavera: No other news to report
King Blackthorn: There is little fear of that happening. *checks cast iron leggings* Thank you for your report! We seem to have accidentally bypassed Trinsic. Is there a representative here? Well, my spies *cough* auditors report that they have fifteen million in the coffers so, even if absent, Governor Sarah is doing her job. Is Governor Carrick McGee of Skara Brae present? No? Well, we will dock his pay then. Skara Brae's coffers are in a severe state of neglect, I am sorry to report. They have a mere 319 974 gold pieces in them. If any good citizens feel inclined to help that town, I am sure that would be welcome. In the meantime, if Governor McGee does not improve his tactics soon, I shall be forced to place a bounty on his head
*prepares work order for wanted poster*
Kenzie Mori: *looks up at that word*

King Blackthorn: Now, an even more concerning matter Vesper is currently ungoverned. Yes, citizen?
Magichands: sorry your majesty
King Blackthorn: Do you have something to contribute?
Magichands: but he is a bit shy :)
Ol'Rac Nnod: I was Baron o Vesper, and recently left Earl o Britain once seein Vesper ungoverned
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Ol'Rac Nnod: I have spent the last weeks raisin the coffers from 5 mil to 7 mil there
Max Blackoak: *stares*
King Blackthorn: *checks notes*
Magichands: lol
King Blackthorn: so you have! well done!
Ol'Rac Nnod: was hopin' to request if it pleases ye to take the seat o' Gov o Vesper

Magichands: *claps*
Siege Perilous: sir, i support Ol'rac's claim and further more support him
SpyderBite: *nods approval*
King Blackthorn: Well, I will put that to the standing governors, but it seems there is another applicant behind you. Let us hear from him first, and then we will vote on the matter. Sir Max, what say you?
Max Blackoak: *stares
King Blackthorn: *stares at note of commendation for Max Blackoak that has mysteriously appeared on the table*
Nightwind: is there love in the air?
Tanager: *feels a little bit creeped out*
Magichands: Can you feel the love tonight !
SpyderBite: These are not the droids you're looking for?
Half-Life: adorable
Zugt'Hagz: Dis sum kindu hummie maytin dance?
King Blackthorn: Do you have something to say, Maxwell Blackoak?
Max Blackoak: *shakes head slowly* *stares*
King Blackthorn: Very well. Let us hear the vote on Lord Nnod's application. All in favor, say "AYE"
There were loud shouts of AYEs across the chamber and a single nay
King Blackthorn: All opposed, say "NAY" The ayes have it. If you would meet me at the town stone after this meeting, we will see to the necessary ceremony and congratulations.

That brings us to the newly appointed governor of Yew. How has your first month gone, Lord Cherokee?
Cherokee: Good King Thx The State of Yew is Strong King The Treasury is in Good Shape and We Have Secured an Alliance With Warriors Guild

King Blackthorn: *checks notes, nods* *smiles at report of 29 million*
Max Blackoak: Cherokee is the governor of Yew - and that means You!
King Blackthorn: well done!
Cherokee: Thx King, I hope to increase that as well
King Blackthorn: Excellent. You've had no troubles so far? *notes recent increase in gravedigger profitability in Yew, smiles* Well then, before I report on other matters in the kingdom, let us hear from our outlying cities and towns

Magichands: Your Majesty Governors
King Blackthorn: Yes, Lord Magichands! How goes your town?

Magichands: Life in our town is going well your majesty
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
Magichands: our vendors are always ready for all customers request we have many visitors in town
King Blackthorn: Good! *checks that taxes are being paid*
Tanager: heh
SpyderBite: I appreciate the business your visitors provide as well.. ;)
Magichands: *ermm*
Magichands: sure sure
King Blackthorn: No difficulties?
Magichands: your majesty our taxes will reach your treasury soon
Magichands: *cough*
Magichands: anyway nothing special to report
Zugt'Hagz: *waits on star citizen release too*

Magichands: except for some rumors about some very bad smell creatures that are around our town but we can take care of them without big problem I
Magichands: i think
King Blackthorn: Hmm. Yes. I will get to that in a few minutes.

Magichands: well this is all for our town your majesty thank you all ! *salutes*
King Blackthorn: Good. Thank you for your report, and your taxes! Ah, greetings, greetings.
Zugt'Hagz: *smiles toothely*
King Blackthorn: *signals to guards to watch the orc*

SpyderBite: An Orc. This is fantastic.
King Blackthorn: What can I do for you, citizen assuming you ARE a citizen?
Zugt'Hagz: Ug, me heer to talk fer Shakh Shalimar
Siege Perilous: *listens intently*
Zugt'Hagz: She teechin me Humie... so Yub..
King Blackthorn: *takes out orcish phrasebook*
King Blackthorn: gud, gud.
Zugt'Hagz: NEW habbin 13 new Gruntees dis munth
SpyderBite: New marks.. err... wonderful!
King Blackthorn: *breaks open the royal keg of ale* *passes round flaggons*
King Blackthorn: Very good. Please send word to Lady Shalimar that we all say "Hoowah" to her efforts.
Zugt'Hagz: Hoowah!
Tanager: Hoowah!
Siege Perilous: *agrees*
Saint: Hoowah!
Zugt'Hagz: Shalimar has one qwestion for da Lord
Magichands: hoowah !
King Blackthorn: Ask! *readies royal quill*
Zugt'Hagz: She puts sum buuks in da mailbocks to be put where da new NEW gruntees can fiynd em
King Blackthorn: Ah, yes. I mean, yub. Gud, Gud. Meeb will send gruntee to pud dem in place
Zugt'Hagz: *smiles toothely*
Saint: yay!
Zugt'Hagz: Rulg lat honors
Zugt'Hagz: *sweats at trying to speak human*
King Blackthorn: There! You see? We CAN co-exist with orcs, if they agree to obey all our laws. Thank you, Mr 'Hagz
Zugt'Hagz: *hic*
SpyderBite: Nice job.. *sprays Zugt with some ginger spray*
Bo: good day from the land of luna
King Blackthorn: What a nice surprise! Here we have the Liege of Luna
Siege Perilous: *CHEERS WILDLY*
King Blackthorn: What have you to report, Bo: good day from the land of luna
King Blackthorn: What a nice surprise! Here we have the Liege of Luna
Siege Perilous: *CHEERS WILDLY*
King Blackthorn: What have you to report, Ma'am?
Bo: it seems we have the same empty seats at this meeting every week
King Blackthorn: Indeed. Some will be fined, other will be pursued to death.
Bo: and alot of the same people here in the audience the casino what a great place and we have been enjoying alot lately

Bo: could we get more games and such? and a more important question is where does that money go?
King Blackthorn: I already have a works order, which will be looked into regarding the casino. Max Blackoak: roulettes!!!
King Blackthorn: The funds are recycled into the casino, for wages, equipment repair, and the like
Bo: couldn’t we put the money lost into towns?
King Blackthorn: any profits are invested wisely in the kingdom
Bo: oh your pocket?
Kenzie Mori: *gasp*
Bo: or at least bo has heard from Gil
King Blackthorn: No, no. I live a humble lifestyle, with only one or two legions of guards
SpyderBite: heh.. I used that strategy in Vesper too.. lucrative.. *snickers*
Siege Perilous: *gasp*
Max Blackoak: *stares*
Bo: one last thing and bo will be gone
King Blackthorn: The good of the citizens is my foremost goal

(Bo last thing was of the Gods of our World and a question asked of them when they last visited Siege)

King Blackthorn: now, Did I see a representative of Safe haven earlier? *looks around hopefully* no? Well, if there are no more reports, let me read to you from these notes... The recent attacks by orcs have been almost completely routed their leaders have been slain, and their power sources have been taken from them. Apparently, this entire invasion was caused by an ambitious orc who spread lies and half-truths in their camp he used dark magic to manipulate, lie, and connive his way to power. As soon as we have his location, we will strike. Look for word later this month. We will show no mercy
Bo: no mercy!
King Blackthorn: For all the woes he has inflicted on our land, and on the meer... he will pay But, before that, there will be a practice hunt, should anyone wish to attend, next week
Tanager: *nods*

King Blackthorn: I have a memo here asking that anyone who wishes to gather keys for attacking the various monsters who feel they are "peerless"
Magichands: :p
King Blackthorn: Beyond that, there is little to report. Apparently, a swarm on mongbats is approaching from the south
Tanager: heh
King Blackthorn: so please remember to lock all your windows and bring your washing in tonight well, if there are no other matters for this council....? : I declare this meeting adjourned. Lord Nnod, please meet me in Vesper, at the town stone shortly. *bangs table*

{Meeting over, as we all moved to witness a new Governor take office for the city of Vesper.}
Kings Meeting on Siege1.jpg

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lord Magichands was in front of the UWSP Town Tavern waiting that all citizens and workers were ready for his instruction. Looking over the people he recognized many knows faces and some new, and that made him smiles because that meant the voice about the new Town Festival was spreading around the world !

After a second he started to speak:
" My friends thank you to be here !!! Probably many of you heard about the Town Festival that will be held in our town in next week. There are many things we have to get ready for the festival but i'm sure that with your help everything will be perfect ! So it's time to start with all preparations !!*
He turned his face to the group of baker, pastry chef,cooks and brewers that were waiting in a corner in front of the tavern.
" From you i expect your best food, cakes and sweet for the Festival. I'm sure that Lady Tanager will help you with her wonderful recipe so please keep her updates about the preparation and follow her orders ! " and then he winked to Lady Tanager that was next to him getting as answer her smile.

Then he turned his face to a group of guards around the tavern.
" From you i expect you'll keep order in town during the festival... Probably many people will drink a bit much or will want have fun. But i'm sure you can keep everything in order, expecially if you'll follow the order of our Town Militia General Lord Piram !" and then he nods to Lord Piram that was waiting near him in his fancy uniform.

Turning his face to a group of jester he said:
" From you my friends, i expect that you'll keep all kids and visitors happy during the festival ! And i'm sure that our friend Lord Nightwind will be happy to help in that ! " and turning to Lord Nightwind he start to laugh saying" and please my friend... you don't need to entertain all Ladies always in your room !!! " The smiles as answer he got from Lord Nightwind announced already his plans.

Turning to Lord Ol'rac, Lord Magichands said:
" My friend from you i expect that you can make confortable all town governors that will join our festival... Now you are in the world of politics so it's time you start to improve your diplomatic arts !" ... Lord Ol'rac smiled nodding.

After that Lord Magichands started to give order to all other workers that were in front of him, giving instruction about where move things and where build new structure for the festival.

At the end he was a bit tired but happy because preparations were started. Then he turned to his friends around him and said to all:
"Now we have only to wait for the great day and enjoy it !!"

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He was looking the man sit in front of him and after some second he said:
"So the decision is taken my friend?"
Magichands knew already the answer but he wanted be sure to try at least a last time.
"Yes Magichands. Me and my brothers we took the decision. Our time in these lands was wonderful and plenty of adventures but we need something new. You know well how we are and how we like new challenge" and after saying that, Piram smiled to the man in front of him.
Magichands smiled back and then got up from his chair.
"Well in this case i have a present for you and your brothers from me and all your friends."
Saying that he took from a corner of the room a big bag closed and gave to Piram.
"I'm sure these will help all of you in your new journey! But be always careful my friend and remember that here you'll find always us waiting for you !"
Piram gave his hand to Magichands and after a strong handshake he said:
"Thank for the help in these months Magicands. It was an honor stay with all of you! And thank you also all our friends that helped to save me from that Lich !"
"It was an honor for us my friend ! It's rare in these days find a knight like you !! I wish you and your brothers best luck in your adventures !"
After saluted his friend and took the bag, the knight walk outside the door saying:
"I'll miss you for sure !"
"We'll miss you all my friend ! But i'm sure we'll meet again ! So farewell Piram and stay far from any lich !"

While he was watching the knight step away, a voice woke up suddendly Magichands.
"That bag was interesting ! What did you drop inside it?" The voice of the wolf was strong as usually in the mind of Magichands.
"Lupacchiotto ! Nothing escapes you! Well anyway was just a present from all UWSP for all the 3 brothers with a little personal touch from me. Something that will help them to find the way back for this town, when they will miss us much !" and saying that he smiled.
"Ahhh now i understand... Anyway i'll miss him a bit me too... Was interesting met that kind of knight, expecially in these days !"
"True my friend... True ! It seems yesterday that we saw him enter in our town, with the colours and sign of KSS, that old knight order. And now we are watching him leave as friend and also member of our guild ! He taught us the old way of knight, how to stand in front of enemy without fear to protect friends ! But him and his brothers are always in looking for new adventures. So we can only wish them the best !! "
"Yes we'll do that for sure !" and after those words the wolf howl strong, an howl that in all lands around the town all could hear.
"I'm sure after this warning, noone will give problems to our friends outside there, Lupacchiotto !!"...
And after that they bow both their head to the knight that was at the limit of the town on his horse and was saluting all from there.
"Now run my friend ! My brothers are waiting for me !!" and after whispered those words to the horse, Piram disappeared in a cloud of dust.
"Goodbye My friend ! Goodbye ! I'll wait your return !" Yelled to the wind Magichands.

Blargety

Journeyman
Out of the shadows a lone scout moves with purpose. It has been decades since his people stalked and roamed these lands, but the scout is determined in his search. Never faltering in his stealth, he moves through the ether like a ghost while looking for a suitable location for his tribe to setup their new encampment, where they will rise out of the ashes and once again demand that the humans either give them tribute in material items or else pay tribute to the God of Blood with their own life.

Much has changed since the last clan left this world. They were known as the Shadowclan, a ruthless tribe of Orcs who waged a war of total domination on the land known as Siege Perilous. Remnants of their society remain in many places south of Yew and as the scout moves he deems the lands both too sacred, and too consumed for his people to return. Before leaving, he places a hand on the door of the Shadowclan’s cursed keep, which still stands strong over a decade after their clan left Siege Perilous forever.

“Lat Kihagh agh Ogba narkuu magru Shadowclan.” He whispered under his breath before turning to continue down the path towards the magic gate that would take him to new lands where he could scout for a plot of land large enough for this new tribe. (“Your bloodlust and brutality will never die Shadowclan.”)

After traversing through the magic gateway still unseen by human eyes, the scout unsteadily steps through the portal. “Dis bubhosh mojo” he said while re-entering a state of concealment in a dead city known to the humans who rule the land as Umbra.

Being careful to continue avoiding watchful eyes, the lone orc follows the road at a steady pace. He moves past an abandoned fort. Thinking that it may be a suitable location, he slinks inside only to find that humans who do not even live in Siege Perilous have consumed the land inside with concrete and stone foundations that hold no actual homes.

“Deez hummies consooms uuk dems see. Dems will lurn…” he said on his way out of the gate towards the road.

Through tunnels and caves, he travels passing a group of soulless Orcs who stand eternal guard at a small outpost before the cave entrance. On the other side, a small building with several humans was in his way. Sneaking by with relative ease, he continues north west through the woods until he comes across a series of bridges. Peering over the edge, there is nothing but darkness.

Across the final bridge, a vast empty island sits. A small patch of trees is present, but the land is completely untainted by humans and their consumption. “Dis be duh uzg… Dis be duh Ub fer us Orcs.” Blug’Tar said while slicing his hand open with an arrowhead produced from the quiver on his waist, offering a tribute of blood for the Blood God. “Blug’Tar bringin duh Nightmare Clan hummies… lat jus wayt.”

Bring them the Orc did. In small numbers at first, they began arriving at the fort in ones and twos. Ancient Mojokos with an acute understanding of the natural order of magical arts. Great Lusk-R Orcs, wielding two-handed double-edged axes large enough to split a man in two. More Scouts, swift moving and ever-silent. The fort grew and grew. Small hovels, and large forts sprouting out of the ground erected by the hands of the Nightmare Clan. "Duh Bluud God beun pleesed wit dis Ash." The Scout said, now standing as the chief of his own tribe of Scouts as he looked over admiring his peer Chieftains from the Mojokos, the Sneek-Rs, and the Masters of the Blade.

"Is uh maddur uv Duhkta agh Clog Blug'Tar" Sadug said, her face covered by the shroud of an ancient cloak that appeared to conceal her every movement. "Deez hoomies nub grukkin duh weys uv duh land. We mak dem pey undil dem nub able duh pey. Den we tayk dem bluud if dem nub keeb payun."

"Yub. We taykin dem bluud sumtimes jusd fer duh fun uv id." Kub'dub said watching another of the Gruntees carrying a large stack of logs. "Dem nub geddin enything fer free todey."

"Har har?" laughed Nub'Gruk, half in question to his fellow orcs, and half as a statement.

"Yub. Sewn, me sendun dem Mak'rs duh viset duh 'oomie Makr guild dat livun clows by. We makuh trayd contrakt wit dem. Dem honer id, agh dem steyin humbull, dem nub havun prawblums. If dem nub grukkin duh noo weys, den we burnin dem citee to duh grownd. We squish dem liykuh duh ruglug bugs dem beun." Blug'Tar said inhaling deeply. "ZUUUUUUUUGT'HAAAAGZ, Lat ged over heer, me sendun lat on a mishun."

Meanwhile in the nearby village of the United Workers of Siege Perilous...

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
" HELPPPPPPPPPPP HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!! Orcs orcs orcs !!!! !
People in UWSP town were running around scared and all that noise woke up Magichands.
"What's all this noise???????"....Still a bit slept he moved outside the bed and went to check outside the window of the governor's house. Was a pure chaos ! And all people were screaming about orcs.
"All this chaos for some orcs??? This isn't the first time they appear in our town !!" More curious than scared, Magichands went outside the house after dressing with his suit.
The panic was total and after a bit an old woman, the cook of the town, stopped in front of the man saying: "My lord ! Save us !! There is an orc !! "
"And what is the problem???? We faced many of them !! "
"My lord this orc speak our language !!!! He is polite and don't smell bad !!! Must be a sorcery !!!! " and then the woman run away.
Magichands with his mounth still opened for the shock said:
"This is very interesting ! I have to meet him !"
So he started to walk faster to the market and once there, he saw in front of the town's monument an orc. Was dressed in a strange way for an orc but in his eyes all could see a strong will.
Walking slowly near the orc, Magichands said: "Welcome in our town stranger ! How can i help you?"...
In a fluently human language the orc answered:
"You must be Lord Magichands, or how we call you Mojocohaans ! I'm ZUGT'HAGZ and i'm here because our chief has a proposal for you !"
A bit surprised but more curious Magichands answered:
"Wonderful ! Please come with me ! We'll discuss in a more comfortable place!"
And said that he started to walk to the governor's house.
"An orc that doesn't smell bad ! I saw everything now !!!

And in the meanwhile.....

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lord Magichands was closing the door of the UWSP governor's house... The emyssary of the orc clan was coming back in his town after a long discussion about tributes and some trade deal that orcs wanted from hommies of UWSP Town.
A voice as usually started to speak in his mind:
" Well i think you got a good deal with them... They are a bit strange but i think they will respect the deal."
"You are right my friend... They have honor, a their own special kind, but it's anyway honor... And your presence here helped a bit in the discussion... But if i was you, i'll be careful... The orc was really attracted by your fangs, Lupacchiotto" and saying that he started to laugh.
" They have only to try !!! And anyway i think the one in troubles is you my friend... The part of blood tribute for their god is a big problem."
"Yep you are right, but i have an idea... There are some creatures on these lands that many centuries ago were humans, or hommies as they call us. Maybe if we help them to kill these creatures, their god will be happy anyway, they will be happy to clomp someone or something, and who know... Maybe we'll get some shinies ... And most important part: we'll save life of hommies... If orcs are busy in other fights they can't clomp us !"
"Mmm it's a good plan... There is only a problem".
"Yes my friend... I hope their Elder Chief will accept our proposal.... " and saying that Lord Magichands turned to check outside the window.
"Only time will give us an answer...."

And in the meanwhile....

Old Timer

Adventurer
The brothers Agrivar stood at the stern of the great Brit Galleon. All had the look of sadness as they watched the port of Jhelom shrink from their sight. Piram glanced at his brothers, recalling the last conversation he had with Magic. About a year had passed since the three returned to Sosaria... Not better friends they could have asked for, and UWSP welcomed them from the start. Now they were returning to the land of their family to aid with the war which had sprung up while they were away.

A big black clipper passed within yards of the big Brit ship... the wakes from each boat upsetting the calm ride of the other. Some of the deckhands and officers shouted some 'choice words' towards the dark ship. Nothing was heard in response...

Piram noticed the three huddled at the bow of the great black clipper as it passed. He nodded at his brothers, then towards the three men on that black ship..." What do you make of them " he spoke.

Argus responded first, " Aye, that ship, and those three ... I fear trouble will result ". Piram nodded in agreement, " Aye, I feel this is a bad time for our departure, but duty calls us home. " Phaedrin, always the optimist said, " I dunno, sure they look rough, but many in these lands look rough. Looks mean little... " Piram, as he is the more seasoned of the brothers, responded, " I've seen their like before, and mark my words they mean mischief. Of that I have no doubt. "

Turning away from the ships rail, the three headed below decks. The journey home would be long and tiring. The land of Sosaria was no longer their concern, it would have to make do without them.

The big black ship berthed at the Port of Jhelom. The three men that had stood at its bow now made their way down the gangway onto the bustling docks. The hardest looking of the three grabbed a slight of build dock worker and slammed him hard against a big crate. In a voice more growl than human he asked, " Blackoak... I seek the Blackoaks... " Choking and sputtering the dock worker responded, barely audible.. " Blackoaks? Why the Blackoaks...? "

Angered by the response given, the burly man then tossed the dockworker aside. He started off through the crowded docks speaking without looking back, " Come my brothers, we will find the ones we seek, and the riches that await us." The two hurriedly moved to catch up, knocking several persons to the deck of the docks in their haste.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A bit of time passed since last post in this thread so let's see if people want continue :p

Lord Magichands was in front of the gate of UWSP Town. In front of him there was a strange fellow with on both of his side 2 goblins that were carrying some heavy backpack. Behind them there was a very long caravan of carts full of many materials for buliding.
Lord Magichands went more near the man and giving his hands said:
" Welcome in UWSP Town, Master Hammerwood. Your fame precedes you. I hope you had a good journey through these lands."
Master Hammerwood answered with his strong voice:
" Thank you very much my lord ! The journey was very nice and without big problems. And for the little problems..." he turned smiling to a big goblin that was sitting down on a cart by himself, wearing a full plate armor. " But speaking about us: i heard
about your request for a new project for the town. It sounds very interesting and it will be a challenge for my skills and for my assistants. So if our terms of agreements are good for you, i think you can show me from where we have to start our job !"
Lord Magichands smiled to the man in front of him saying:
" I like people that don't lose time ! And for the agreement, everything sound good for me ! I can show you the way" and saying that Lord Magichands started to walk through the town. After just a few moments, around the new visitors there was a big number of people. Some were enthusiastic, some were hesitant for all the mess in town and some were a bit confused seeing so many goblins around the town.
"Don't worry citizens ! This isn't an invasion. This is Master Hammerwood and his crew. They will stay in our town for a while helping us for some building work in our town. So show them what is the hospitality of UWSP Town !" Magichands was smiling, while repeating that to all people around. But turning around a corner he had to stop.
In front of him there was a big wolf that was looking up and down all the new visitors of the town. Suddendly it made a fierce howl and along all the forest there were more howls. The big goblin on the carts, suddendly jumped down with his big axe in the hands.
"All calms down now !" The voice of Lord Magichands was clear and strong. " This wolf and his family aren't enemies and these goblins, Lupacchiotto, aren't enemy. They are here to help us with our new project !" and saying that he started caress the big head of the wolf. The wolf for a few second still continued to check the new goblins than he turned to Magichands and started to enjoy the caress.
"I don't like them my friend " said the wolf in the mind of Lord Magichands.
"I know well my friend, but we need them for our projects and i think that you showed them who is that command here. So please don't scare them and just patrols the border of town as usually. I promise that everything will finish soon !"
"If you say so..." and the wolf turned and started to walk to the forest. Just before disappearing, he turned to goblins and showed them his fangs.
Lord Magichands started to laugh and going near Master Hammerwood said:
"Sorry for the little show of my friend... He just like impress new visitors of the town"
Master Hammerwood was a bit nervous but after a while, he took a breath and answered:
"You have very strange friends Lord Magichands, but if you are sure there will be not problems, we'll work without any waits" and saying that he turned to a big plot in front of him. "And i assume this is the first project you spoke, right?"
Lord Magichands smiled watching the plot in front of him:
"Yes Lord Hammerwood... I want something that will leave people without any words !"
"We'll see Lord Magichands... But you can be sure that will make our best to satisfy your request !"
"It's for that i wanted the best builder of these lands for this project !" and saying that he shaked the hand of the man in front of him.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lord Magichands was watching the caravan of goblin leaving the town. The last person leaving the town was master Hammerwood and Magicands was in front of him.
" Lord Hammerwood ! I have no words to thank you and your crew for the wonderful job you did in our town ! Now the 2 new building are ready for being used ! I think your fame is well deserved ! "
" Was a pleasure Lord Magichands ! It was a big challenge for me and my goblins but i think we realized two of our best works ! I hope that they will help you and your town ! "
" For sure my lord ! We'll try to make a good use of them ! " Saying that Lord Magichands took from his backpack a bag full of gold and gems and giving to the man in front of him he said:
" This is the payment for your service ! With a little bonus for the wonderful work ! When we'll need again an help in our town, you can be sure we'll call you ! "
" Thank you very much my lord ! Will be a pleasure working with you again ! Now it's time i leave this town... A new project wait for me ! " and saying that, he gave the hand to Lord Magichands and start to follow his goblin's crew.

After a while they disappeared along the road and Lord Magichands walk back to the town and stop in front of the first of the new building.
Watching the building, a smile appeared on his face and he said to himself:
" I hope this building will help our town and community to grew together ! "
" Well for being goblins, they made a good work here and they didn't left a bad smell behind them! "
Magichands jumped hearing the voice, but turning back he saw his friend Lupacchiotto near him.
" You scared me ! And anyway yes, they made a wonderful work here ! Maybe if they could stay here for more time, you could become friends ! " and saying that Magichands smiled in front of the face of the wolf !
" Me friend of goblins??? Bleahhhhhhhhh... How you can have a so horrible idea??? ! "
Then after a while they started to laughed together and Magichands caressing the head of the wolf said:
" Well i think it's time to announce the project and see how it will go ! "
They started to walk to the Pigeons' Master House that probably in next hours would be very busy sending around messages.