• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Story Time...

Old Timer

Adventurer
I've been kicking this around a while in my head, and figure I'll go ahead a launch this. The idea is simple, create a running story line by the players on Siege using our characters. The rules are simple... I'll start the story line, and when I end my part, the line will be " and meanwhile..." which hands off to the next person to add their bit, and so on, and so on... the last contributor always ending with "and meanwhile..." This way the story part can be inclusive of previous parts, or can stand on it's own. So anyone who has a char on the shard can add. Doesn't matter how long or short, just try and have an RP spin to it. Let's see how large a story (The story of Siege) we can get

Here we go...

The brothers Agrivar were all sitting around a table at the UWSP ale house. Phaedrin had just related the story of the latest treasure hunting expedition led by Magic himself. Argus laughed heartily when Phae told of the part where he accidentally sic'd Fal Dog after Clintler! Of course Piram scoffed at his brother, saying " real warriors use steel, and not pets to slay evil creatures". Phae responded, "Let's put that to the test, your steel against Fal Dog's teeth, eh brother?" Piram just grumbled and picked up his tankard. The door burst open and in pops more townsfolk, adding to the festive atmosphere.

And meanwhile...

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mumm ra sat quietly at the back of the tavern, his vampiric embrace made others feel.... uneasy. He watched the others drink and laugh while nursing his ale bottle. he smiled as Piram made a remark about slaying with steel... his hand floated to the hilt of his sword and the feeder tendrils under his skin burrowed into the sword. He blade was thirsty. He was thirsty, no ale could quench that. Slowly and silently he left the tavern. Mounting his horse he went to the town market and began to whisper the encantation. With a sudden jolt of relocation he was outside a dark, menacing cave mouth. There was a scent in the air... it was death. A cold smile spread across his features as he drew his blade and headed into the darkness.

He thought briefly that he should have asked his friends to join him... they wouldn't mind... such petty concerns are not for the likes of us. Our bond is forged in steel.

And meanwhile........

Last edited:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The man was laughing hard sitting in his chair...
" Ang Ogger a bit of behavior !! Wasn't so funny ! " said Magichands to his friend sitting in the chair in front of him.
" Sorry my Lord, but the image of your crazy cousin Whitehands running away from a bird is too funny !" answered him.
" Bird? Bird?? That bird is bigger than a bull and has also wings !! Yes it's true that Nightwind wanted just protect him from monsters around the treasure, but isn't so nice watching that thing running to you ! And after that, also Phaedrin tried to scare to death Clinter with his big dog !.. If you could see his face... Was was.... " Magichands started laughing him too " Yes you are right my friend... Was funny his face ! But if i remeber well also your face was funny, each time you and Lupacchiotto met in the forest "
The two man started laughing still more hard and after some second Magichands said:
" Maybe next time you can join us and teach them how control better their pet?"
" I'll do for sure but before, my lord, i have to end my training in that new art that i think will help us in our hunt !"
" I hope that will not ask too much time... When you start to learn a new art, you don't stop the training till you know everything !!! "
Ang Ogger smiled saying: " You know i hate lose my lord ! "
" Ehehe my friend i know well !... Anyway maybe one of these days we can go in the forest to make a visit to our friend Lupacchiotto to see how is going his new life " saying that Magichands turned to the window of Governor's House and watching to Market square said:
" Mmmm someone actived a teleport spell at our market square... And to a dangerous place !... Want bet was Mumm-Ra that was looking for a new challenge? "
Smiling he turned to Ang Ogger and said:
" Better be ready to answer to his call my friend, if he will need ours help ! "

And meanwhile........

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The air was cold....the walls were cold..."Hell everything on this cursed island is cold !!" Garth paced back and forth across the stone floor, "They're out there, you know it, I know, the Captain knows it, and here we sit doing nothing, I can't stand it !". "Patience my friend, said Valar, patience. In due time repairs to the fleet will be complete and we will take to the waters and rid them of the scourge". Garth continued to pace but the scowl was gone from his face. In the far corner of the castle Ghost Captain sat quietly going over his notes, checking them again while muttering to himself, "we will find them".

And meanwhile.......

Last edited:

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Otto threw the useless rock hammer across the snow-bound valley, and was rewarded with a loud "thud", followed by the sound of an orc swearing loudly.
"Sorry!" he yelled in the general direction of the swearing "Didn't see you there!"
It was true enough, and the orcs had long since become used to the blind man attacking the rocks nearby with his hammer, pick and shovel. They didn't understand why he thought the rocks were his enemies, but then, all humans were insane in their opinion.
Their village healer wandered over to the cursing orc, and rubbed some slimy looking herbs on the large lump that was developing on his head. When he'd finished, he picked up the rock hammer, and inspected it.
"Hurgh! Bad mojo!" he spluttered, poking the runes that read "Made in Trinsic".
"Bad bad mojo! Dumhed oomie!"

He wandered back over to Otto and tried to explain why the rock hammer was, in fact, useless against the rocks.
This got him nowhere, since Otto had already reached the same conclusion several minutes earlier.
So, the two simply sat and discussed the state of the valley - things like the young orcs who were taking on human ways, such as cleaning their teeth, riding polar bears, and wearing cod pieces. Primarily on their ears and noses, but still - it was the principle of the thing. Orcs did not follow human ways!
Otto sympathised, and handed the old healer a small carved rock, that vaguely resembled an orcish warrior celebrating a victory.
The healer smiled, clapped Otto on the back, and went back to his hut.

Otto picked up his pickaxe, and swung it at the mountainside again. A large elemental stuck its head out of the hole, just in time to get a pickaxe in the eye.
The orcs looked on while it chased Otto all over the valley, leaving wide trails through the snowdrifts.
At least humans were good for entertainment now and then, if not much else.

And meanwhile...

Sara D

Adventurer
Sara Dale went fishing. Mr E. M. Kincaid holds a fishing contest each month. So far Sara has done pretty darn good at catching the fish he wants. Last month it was the Rainbow fish from the Twisted Weld. Getting in and out could be risky. Near the last days of fishing Sara was getting ready to give up when one popped onto the ground at her feet.

It was the only one turned in.

This month it is the Golden Tuna in the waters around the waters of the Tokuno Islands. Sara got on her fishing outfit put on her lucky tokens, grabbed her fish finder and off she went sailing.

Koi, dang Koi was what she was pulling up along with the other usual fish. Barracuda, Bass, Red Grouper. Granted they were large fish but Sara didn’t want those.

They might make some tasty fish pies for all she knew so she chopped them up into really nice steaks. It didn’t dawn on her that she could turn them over to the fish monger for prizes. Oh well if she catches more she will.

It was getting late in the day and almost time for her to sail back to the dock when another heavy fish landed on deck. Lo and behold it was the very rare Golden Tuna.

“That’s it for me” Sara said and off she went back to the docks of Zento.

And Meanwhile...

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 4586:

Razz awoke in a clamor and knew he was late without looking at his time piece.
He jumped from his bed and grabbed his massive key chain.
Knowing he had already wasted to much time from over sleeping, he dashed around the castle frantically making sure all the doors, windows and gates were locked and secure.
After ensuring everything was as just as it was yesterday, and the day before, he made his way back to his room where he locked himself back in and continued crafting various items until he fell soundly asleep again.

Day 4587:

Razz awoke in a clamor.....

And meanwhile....

Last edited:

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I opened a magical portal to the area around Safe Haven, I often visit seeking my dearest friend Lady Freyja whom has been away for some time on extended holiday.. as I was traveling around the mountainous region of Covetous I ran into a fellow whom was a new resident of the region. He quickly offered me all the shadow iron he'd harvested, I explained no thank you, I'm not a crafter. I guess I appeared intimidating riding my fiery steed, for he then explained whew, you're the first fellow I've run into in these parts not trying to kill me. I explained to him it's not likely any member of the UWSP would ever be out to kill anyone. He agreed he'd heard of our lot and knew them to be good folks. .. I then bid him farewell and continued on my journey. ..

And meanwhile...

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Tanager gripped her fishing pole tighter as a shiver ran down her spine. Despite the noon heat, a cold chill had just settled in her belly. She cast her eyes over the ocean around her little boat, but saw only gentle waves lapping at the flanks of her battered ship. A dolphin's cheerful call drifted over the calm waters. Still... she had learned to trust her instincts and these waters were filled with pirates of late. And anyway, she stank of fish and needed to get herself cleaned up for the Auction later today. Tanager waved a hand, and at her whispered command the ship changed direction towards the barely visible outline of the Tokuno shore.

There was a posse being rounded up to hunt down some woman claiming to be the bride of Lord Blackthorn. Tanager privately admired the lady's boldness, but felt bad for the citizens who'd been scammed. She had little to offer in the way of skills, but her four legged companion was far more useful. Her thoughts were brought back to the moment as the deck under her feet gave a sudden heave. Wood creaked and groaned as she hastily shouted a command for the ship to stop, but it was too late. The land had already done so.

She leaned over the rail and sighed at the jagged boulders digging into her ship, but then smiled at the mismatched wooden patch on the hull, seeing that it had held. There were several such patches dotted all along the Flower Power from stem to stern as a result of her absent mindedness, and they seemed to be stronger than the wood beneath them. Fine UWSP craftmanship!

The sound of rock grinding against wood wiped the silly smile off her face and she decided it would be best not to push her luck. She teleported to the shore, not bothering with the mooring lines, and snapped her fingers. The waters churned, rushing in to fill the sudden gap as the ship rose into the air and began shrinking. The ancient magic never ceased to amaze her, and she grinned at the tiny ship as it settled onto the palm of her outstretched hand.

And meanwhile...

Old Timer

Adventurer
Once again we find the Agrivar brothers at the UWSP town tavern. Tonight, Piram was wanting to tell the tale of a mishap which occurred earlier at one of the Ilsh moongates. Of course he was having some difficulty in relating the tale, as the many flagons of ale have befuddled his tongue... abruptly he hopped up, and to the wonderment of the other patrons, started dancing about and singing the tale...

I was coming through the gate, not to be late
Then paralyzed, I was more like slate
I saw a green haze, and I tried to relate
And I knew this was born of mischief not hate.

It was the slash...
It was a PK bash...
I got bushwhacked
Cut down in a flash...
The PK Slash
Zora grabbed loot in a flash
It happened fast
I died in a PK smash...

And meanwhile...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Seeking the so-called Queen
Image2.jpg

King Blackthorn: *steps forward, looking as black as thunder* Greetings, citizens. May the virtues bless and protect you! I would normally have sent the commander of the guard but this is a rather personal matter for me I wish that I was calling upon you with happier news.

Some of you may have heard rumors that I have taken a wife.

*scowls*

I have to inform you that I have not. These rumors are lies. I know that will sadden some of you,
But the needs of the kingdom must come before my own desires. You might say that I am already wed - wed to Britannia!

*smiles*

In any event, some shameless wench has been traveling about the land, claiming to be my consort, and preying on the goodwill of the citizens! To date, she has stolen in excess of half a million platinum pieces. As if that was not bad enough, Commander Bhaltair has just returned from a mission.

He followed some of her hirelings to their lair. Sadly, none of the stolen goods were there,
but he found something far worse. The stolen riches are funding a war chest.

This woman is manipulating several of the tribes of the land and goading them towards war. She has already re-kindled the hostilities between the ophidians and the Terathans.

The Commander found evidence that she is moving the black and red Solens to greater aggression. Bhaltair also found proof that she has been stirring up several orc tribes, convincing them that the humans, elves, and gargoyles of Britannia seek their destruction.

Left unchecked, she will goad these tribes into warring across our lands and nothing will be left standing! Not even Lady Steve's house

*shakes head sadly*

She is due to meet with an ophidian matriarch later this night. We know the time and location. I must ask of you that you protect your liege's honor. I must ask that you slay her, and bring an end to this warmongering! It is the time that this "Queen" was put in checkmate!

The gate that I will open for you leads to an area most foul, and most dangerous. You may find a few ophidians there who are kinder towards humans, but only a few.

Pray, save your aggression for the true enemy. Be careful, my friends, and may the virtues protect you!

*summons a gate*

go! strike! For Britannia!

*royal wave*

pray, do not die

And meanwhile...

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mumm ra awoke with a start. There was a noise coming from the living chamber. He slid out of bed drawing the knife from under his pillow. He edged out in to the main room to see a figure hunched over one of the chests near the forge. Slowly he crept towards the figure. He raised the knife ready to strike when the figure turned. He gasped! He was face to face with himself. "Greetings... Brother"
His twin! How had he found him.

(Rp version of making an alt lol)

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The moss that swayed from bent branches brushed Sir Holden Caulfield as he rode through the swamps. His hand was fire as he clenched a rolled parchment titled 'Heed the Call'. His horse, Valiant, whickered as he drew closer to the great blaze he had spotted from the now distant path between Yew and Britain.

"When we are returned, I will see you given new shoes". He patted his stallion on its large muscled neck to reassure him. His new cloak, golden and made of fine cloth, was dirtied at its hem by the rather large trek through the brambles.

"Kooka", came her inviting voice amongst the otherwise in-decipherable chant he struggled to hear. The damp air of the swamp slipping past his armor and causing his skin to feel ill. A large fire elemental now dancing beneath the crimson moon overhead.

"Only the vile need fear the wrath of the righteous, my lady" he announced, shifting his cloak to reveal the polished sword it had concealed. He felt regret immediately at how cruel a jape that title seemed - my lady, for she clearly was not his, nor a lady. And the frightened look she gave was surely feigned.

In the meanwhile...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
((Valentine magazine!

There is this contest at Stratics, well I have to share this part and give a BIG thank you to EM Kincaid for answering my questions))

Interview with the Cheerleader for Siege Perilous
EM Cheering us on.jpg

1. When did you realize that you needed to be the Cheerleader for Siege Perilous?
To tell the truth, it wasn't all that long ago. I was wandering the roads of Siege, doing all sorts of tough, manly things, like throwing vorpal bunnies at people, and spawning neon pink ogres when fishermen least expected them. I mean, after all - nobody expects the neon pink ogre, do they?

Then, I heard that some friends of ours from across the void had gone and outdone themselves again. And they'd outdone us. They'd beaten Siege Perilous’ Void Pool record!
I was mad. I was madder than a box full of mad pixies. And let me tell you, if you put those little blighters in a box, and shake it all day, they get really mad. When they regain consciousness, anyway. And I do like to shake it all day.
So, I said to myself, "self, what can you do about this?" So, I spent an hour down in the Void Pool, speeded up the spawner with my godly powers, got to wave 50,000, and was starting to wonder if there was more to life than this.
Then I heard from the other EM, who was hanging around in HIS Void Pool, thinking about things. He'd also got to wave 50,000. We soon - well, ok, three weeks later - realized that no matter what we did, it would be a tie.

So, we decided never to speak of our personal contest again and wondered what the players thought about this contest. That was illuminating.
Turns out that the players of Siege had no need whatsoever for my godly powers. Wow. That was a kick in the pom-poms, I can tell you. I could do amazing things. I could make the spawner only spawn rabbits. I could put it up in the air, so all the spawn just FELL to their deaths. I could put a portal right in front of the spawner so that the monsters found themselves pouring into a guard zone and getting whacked the instant they appeared. But no. Siege's players didn't need ANY of that. I was gobsmacked.

But I felt this swelling in my chest. My doctor confirmed that it wasn't a heart condition or some strange curse put on me by that other EM. What a relief! What I was feeling was PRIDE! I was so proud of Siege's players, I could burst!
Thankfully, the doctor had given me some pills for that, so I didn't.

So, I watched them through my super-duper EM spy scope. You really should close your curtains when you're writing these articles, you know. And stop doing that THING with your pen! Anyway, I watched them planning, and training, and doing push-ups, and making their dragons jog round Castle British while carrying heavy boulders. They were committed. They were dedicated. They were SIEGE!

And so, I wondered and wondered how I could help them, without taking away anything from their efforts - and soon, I believed - their victory. Eventually, it struck me - I could encourage them when they grew tired. I could cheer them on when they started to see double. I could clear their minds when all they could see before them were troupes of tap-dancing war alligators! I would become....

their cheerleader! THE Cheerleader! I would be magnificent! I would lift their tired spirits up from the depths, and make their hearts sing!

So, I prayed to the Great Lady Mesanna and asked what a well-dressed cheerleader was wearing nowadays.
She laughed and killed me on the spot.

Two hours later, after I'd retrieved my last toe from the bottom of the Abyss and glued it back on, I sat down with needle and thread, and, still seeing spots and whirling colors, I began to work...

2. Did you make the costume yourself?

Well, no. I tried to, but I kept jabbing my finger with the needle. And do you know how hard it is to thread those things?!?
What lunatic ever designed a needle? They're mad! Completely insane! I should know - when Mesanna zapped me, my brain flew out my ear. I think I found the right one - it's hard to identify a brain when you haven't got one.

So, I grabbed a bunch of clothes that Bennu had left behind, threw them into a mystical EM dye tub, and stirred.
And, looking at my watch, I realized that the attempt on the Void Pool was already underway, so I pulled the clothes on, dripping with dye, and legged it to Covetous!

I got there just in time, too. I'm glad it all turned out the way it did!

Fearless Cheerleader Siege Void Pool Jan. 28, 2018.jpg
3. How long have you had ????
Oh. That. I thought we weren't going to talk about that?
Very well. That happened when I was learning how to be the best EM I possibly could.
I put a test event together, to show what I could do.
You'd have thought someone would have told the trainee NOT to go into certain areas - like the master shard control room!!!
There was an explosion. A big one. Don't worry - only Atlantic was affected, and they don't have many players. Two or three, I think. But the explosion left me with a mortal fear of three-headed puppies. I just can't face them anymore. I used to love them and scratch them behind the ears, ears, ears, ears, ears, ears. Now - I just can't face their cute little triple faces. So now you know my sordid secret. I'm so ashamed.

So, that's the sad, sordid tale of Siege's Cheerleader.

I put aside my dignity, and pulled on the brightest of clothes, I danced for my people, entertained them I hope, and lifted their spirits.
I did all this for one simple reason - and I want to shout this from the rooftops: SIEGE, I LOVE YOU!!!

Happy Valentine's!

EM Kincaid 2rings_23899.gif

In the meanwhile...

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The morning light slowly drifted across the floor reaching the sleeping widow’s bed. Gently sleep leaves to be replaced by awaking consciousness. Yes, it’s time to get up and start the morning rituals. The Widow rolls over, pulls the covers up and thoughts drift here and there, she knows not where. *snore*

She dreams….

Walking through the shops of Zento she wanders through the Provisioners. In front of a crate filled with ice she stops, overcome with great sadness she starts talking...

Here,
among the market vegetables,
this torpedo
from the ocean
depths,
a missile
that swam,
now
lying in front of me
dead.

Surrounded
by the earth’s green froth
—these lettuces,
bunches of carrots—
only you
lived through
the sea’s truth, survived
the unknown, the
unfathomable
darkness, the depths
of the sea,
the great
abyss,
le grand abîme,
only you:
varnished
golden-pitched
witness
to that deepest night.

Only you:
golden bullet
barreled
from the depths,
carrying
only
your
one wound,
but resurgent,
always renewed,
locked into the current,
fins fletched
like wings
in the torrent,
in the coursing
of
the
underwater
dark,
like a grieving arrow,
sea-javelin, a nerveless
oiled harpoon.

Dead
in front of me,
catafalqued king
of my own ocean;
once
sappy as a sprung fir
in the green turmoil,
once seed
to sea-quake,
tidal wave, now
simply
dead remains;
in the whole market
yours
was the only shape left
with purpose or direction
in this
jumbled ruin
of nature;
you are
a solitary man of war
among these frail vegetables,
your flanks and prow
golden
and slippery
as if you were still
a well-oiled ship of the wind,
the only
true
machine
of the sea: unflawed,
undefiled,
navigating now
the waters of death.

The Widow awakened again thinking to herself ‘what the hell kind of fool dream was that! Maybe I’m not meant to catch the damned tuna. Piffle sticks’! Slowly she sits up, trying to figure which of her aching bones hurts most. The icy cold floor boards creak as she stands up and looking over at her cat who’s watching her, says ‘Good morning Love, time to start another day fishing for that dratted Golden Tuna. If only I could win that competition. All our troubles would be over'.

The Widow hobbles down to the kitchen and starts the fixings for coffee, picking up a plate off the floor she chops a piece of koi and tosses it onto the plate while saying to the cat ‘ I hope you like koi, we’re going to be eating it for a long time’.

In the meanwhile...

(Poem: “Ode to Large Tuna in the Market” by Pablo Neruda)

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Returning home to my tower from doing some routine tasks and as I'm approaching my steps I notice someone has left ballbags by me door. As I approached a few more steps and as it was dawning on me that it's an old school blocking trap to prevent me from running inside, a most terrifying fellow materializes from the shadows riding a hideous spider, as I start to scramble for my invisibility spell he having element of surprise lands a poisoned arrow, my valiant steed charges to the attack and I finally get a few invisibility spells going but I make it only a few steps, poisoned and mortally wounded! I do get the words off my lips to cure the poison but unfortunately before I can heal the wounds already done another arrow sends me to my grave . I appeared to this most ruthless killer in my spiritual form praying maybe a return to life once he's obtained from me corpse what he desires, after he walked away i utilized the benefits of the sacrifices I've made during my quests and pulled myself back from the spiritual world , upon inspecting my body, I found nothing remaining, not even the cheap tools o' me trade, nor a scrap o' food, then he returned and seeing me once more amongst the living sent me back again to the spirit world. After collecting his clever ballbags that had been blocking my door he made a final departure, upon which I was able again to avail myself upon my many sacrifices and live once again... so be warned fellow friends, if you should return to your home and see something out of place about your steps you should probably be prepared to flee or fight, for "yourmom" is a most ruthless and cunning killer on the loose. ...

... in the meanwhile ...

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Magichands was entering in the Governor's House of UWSP Town. Was an hard day but he was happy because a new brother joined guild rank. Closing the door, he saw Ang Ogger sitting in the chair in front of his desk.
* Ang Ogger ! It's nice to see you ! I have a good news: the kind traveler you found yesterday, Lord Thaner, accepted to join us ! *
Watching Ang Ogger's face, Magichands saw that the good news wasn't making his friend happy and so he said:
* What happened Ang Ogger?*
* Sorry my lord. Your news is a very good news but we have a problem* and saying that, he took one of many reports on the desk of the governor and he trow that to Lord Magichands.
Was the first time in many years, that Magichands saw Ang Ogger acting in that way without worring of his good manners. But trying to make his friend smile he said:
* What happened this time? Another deliver of resources missing? A pet that escaped from his owner? Some big impossible orders from customers?*
* Please read the report my lord*
Magichands began to read the report and after some seconds he understood the problem.
* So we have a new bandit in town... And from what i read, he likes attack people when they are coming back in their home. Only this report is about the problem?*
* No my lord... All these reports speak about of that... Lord Ol'rac, Lord Nightwind and probably some other people met that bandit... We have to act my lord !*
* No Ang Ogger... I told you many times... We don't kill people at sight and we don't start fight. If anyone want defend himself it's free to do that but no start the fight as first !*
* But My Lord...*
* Not a one more word... We are neutral and we don't kill people just for revenge ! Citezens and guildmates know about this rule in town ! So no more discussion !*
Lord Magichands sitting on his chair started to write something on a paper. After some seconds he gave the paper to Ang Ogger and said him:
* My friend place this announce to our market so all people can read it*
Ang Ogger while taking the paper began to read a bit and after some seconds he said to Lord Magichands:
* But you said we weren't taking actions....*
Smiling to his friend Magichands answered:
* I said no start fight as first or act of revenge, but i didn't say we can't warn people and take some counter action in the meanwhile. Now please go to place this announce to the market*
* I'll go now ! See you later my lord* and saying that he run outside the house.

Once the door was closed a voice started to speak :
* I see you'll never change my friend*
A bit surprise Lord Magichands jumped from the his chair and then recognizing finally the voice he started to laugh saying:
* Well if it's for that, also you will never change ! Always spying people in the shadow *
* I don't spy !... Just my ears can listen everything !* and saying that a big wolf come out from the corner of the room.
* Ah Lupacchiotto ! My old friend... It's so nice see you again ! *
* Same for me Magichands* and said that he jumped on the man*
* Wow Lupacchiotto ! I see you put on weight ! Your new life is going well !*
The wolf watching a bit himself answered:
* Well yes... I like my new life ! Xena is a perfect partner and probably soon our family will be bigger !*
* What a wonderful news !!! I'm happy for you !*
" Thank you my friend but i'm not here for that... PIxies sent me here to warn you about a new danger in town.. They can feel bad karma of people and lately they felt a very bad bad karma in a person.. But i think you already know about that "
* Yes... As you heard i got already some reports about that person. But we'll see in next days how will ....*
Lupacchiotto jumped fast on Magichands sending him on the floor just in time to avoid an arrow.
*What the hell??? How you saw that arrow???*
* I didn't see it but i can smell better than you and there was a smell of poison coming near here fast and so i understood was an arrow !... And as usually i saved your life !*
Smiling Lord Magichands said:
* Thank you my friend !* But turning on the wall his face become angry.
* This is too much ! We have to speak with our general militia !*
* You are worried for you life my friend?*
* No ! But that arrow ruined my precious tapestry !!! It costed me milions and now i'll have to repair it !!! Come with me... It's time you'll meet our General !*
Saying that Lord Magichands went outside the house with his friend...

In the meanwhile...

Old Timer

Adventurer
Phaedrin rode astride Fal Dog, heading to the UWSP marketplace. Fal Dog was a good size, even for a CU Sidhe. Her coppery coat gleamed in the brilliant sunshine. Fal Dog loved outings, especially when there was more play than work. Arriving at the marketplace, Phae began looking for some translocation powders. He knew the vendor well that carried them, and always chatted cheerfully. Mostly getting the latest gossip going around the town. Abruptly Fal Dog stiffened and became cautious. Her sleek ears perking up, and her gaze steady... slightly to one side of the shopkeeper. At once she sprang backwards, almost toppling Phae to the boards below. Holding on tightly, Phae felt the sting of the rogue's blade as it was slashed across his side. It burned like fire, and he knew at once there was poison that would need tending to quickly. The attacker kept pace for a short distance, but Fal Dog was fast, very fast. She bolted quick, instinctively heading to the Ranger Outpost where Phae's brother Argus would be about. Her speed was all that allowed Phae to survive the assault. Getting to the door well ahead of the would be assassin, Phae got in and bolted the door. This locked the would be killer out, and allowed him to attend to his wound. Watching out the window, he saw the attacked fade back into the shadows, no doubt waiting for another unsuspecting visitor. Phae shivered a bit, but turned smiling broadly at his faithful Cu... "Good dog" he praised, as he stroked her fur. "Very good dog!" Fal Dog wagged her large furry tail, and even more so when Phae placed a large bowl of apples and pears down for her to munch up. Sitting down in a chair, he absentmindedly rubbed the wound, already beginning to mend from the elf magics. Thinking to himself, "This was deliberate... not only an attack on meself, but an attack on our marketplace, and the town itself. People need to feel safe shopping here, or there will be no shoppers. I must get word to the master quickly!" Fal Dog looked up, almost as if she knew her master's thoughts.. it was time to travel again. But Phae did not want to hazzard another incident, so he opened a gate and rode Fal Dog through. Popping out to a surprised Master Magic Hands, Phae quickly replayed the attack for the town's Master, relating a name that was told to him by the vendor... "yourmom". Master Hands frowned sharply, "This is not good news, not good at all. We need to spread the word about this, and everyone coming into town needs to be on their guard for the time being. We need to look into this... 'yourmom', and see if he or she is the culprit here".

And meanwhile...

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Magichands was doing his daily trade quest to help treasure of cities when going through britain moongate he felt something strange... There was a too quiet air around and no sounds of works...
*What is happening here? Workers weren't working on a new road?*
After some second walking to the hub he saw some blood on the ground... Checking better he saw wasn't only a little stain... There was blood everywhere and just some steps in front of him there was a corpse of a worker.
* Whatttttt??? Who did this thing???*
The answer come too fast... Some Orcs just appeared from the forest and started to attack him. Magichands had enough time to teleport himself a bit far from them and then cast a Rising Colossus to help in the fight.
A bit far from him he heard sounds of many more orcs...
* It's time to call reinfocemtents i think... Something really bad is happening here !!!*

And meanwhile.....

Old Timer

Adventurer
Phaedrin was out running his new nightmare through its paces. Running errands for various towns folk. Hoofs beating hard on the road from Minoc towards Britain. Then, a small shimmer began to appear before him. Pulling up on the reigns, he brought Shadow to a quick stop. With his movement ceased, he concentrated on the shimmer. Soon it materialized into the blurry form of Master Magic's head and shoulders. But what was that in the background? Straining his eyes, he could just make out the form of an Orc Mage. Magic's words came in fits, as it was clear he was deep in battle... " Brit.... gate... all dead... many orcs... assist...." and it ended abruptly. Speaking elvish to the nightmare, it took off in a shot. Phae urged his mount on to run as fast as it possibly could.

The sight was horrendous! The dead strewn as far as you could see... orc bodies everywhere and the Royal Survey Crew lay slaughtered in deep red pools. Master Magic came up, panting hard... "They came from nowhere. Many, many orcs. It was a blur.. blood, screams, the crackle of magic in the air." Phaedrin asked, " Have they gone Master?" Almost, as if on cue... areas about them lit up. Orcs - legions it seems, began materializing from out of thin air. Lady Tanager was already there, and began casting powerful magics. Phaedrin hopped off the 'mare' and whispered the words to release it to vanquish any of the orcs that came near. Soon, other defenders appeared. The word had spread and the citizens of the realm were rising up to protect the land and it's people. United against the evil spawning before them. Mister Sinister, Hugibear, Sincade were just some that answered the call. Tharen, of UWSP also arrived to aid his mates in the fray.

Arcane magic pulsed, animals growled - clawed - and bit, men at arms slashed and bashed... so the battle raged on. A seemingly endless brigade of orcs appearing when their ranks diminished. Then slowly, the tide turned to the defenders, and the orc reinforcements ceased... calm returned...

And Meanwhile....

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
As I was on the road from Britain to Skara Brea, delivering a shipment of much needed supplies to the city, I saw a mongbat wandering away from the road headed towards a nearby farmhouse. As always in my travels I make it a point to take the time and clean any vermin I meet from the kings road. I charged my steed right away and started to say the words of magic that would hurl a fireball at my wee foe. Just as I was closing in he disappeared into the corner of the wall, I thought him hiding just around the corner but as I approached I heard fighting inside the farmhouse and the mongbat was no longer outside the house. I rushed inside and sure enough the mongbat was chasing the poor farmers wife all around the room, her barely keeping it at bay with the swings of her frying pan, I immediately let loose the fireball I'd prepared for the little fiend and in an instant he was naught more than a smoking remains. The farmers wife was most grateful of me timely intervention saying, "thank you me'lord, I was just preparing to cook on my hearth wenst that little beast didst spring from my chimney at me", I relied it was my honor and privilege to defend her home and life ... she was so overjoyed she didst cook me up a fine meal to fill me up before I once again hit the road to get them supplies delivered. ..

.... and meanwhile ...

Old Timer

Adventurer
Phaedrin and Argus rarely saw anger well up in their older brother, but this night it was quite apparent.
All they could do was listen. And maybe offer the occasional sheepish smile. They would not risk his wrath turning to them should they speak out of turn...

"What has happened to this land? The vile rule, and the righteous cower... this is a travesty. The land is but a shadow of what it once was. When the Knights rode, there was balance... lawlessness was held in check. It seems there is naught now that stands in its way. Not a soul answered the call when it was put forth, how is that possible?! Entire houses live in solitude, seeming to forsake the cries of the innocent. *shakes head* This is NOT the land I left so many years ago, and I don't know that it can ever be again.

While there is some honor out there amongst those of evil deed that is deserving of respect, many are no better than rabble and thugs. These men are without honor, and are nothing more than common murderers and robbers. Without balance, there will be no order, there will be no justice, there will be only fear... That is a hard way to live and to prosper. I know not what the answer is. I would fight, but alone I can do little in the face of these odds. And the world... the silence says more than words could...

I could use the council of my old master and brother knights in this time of uncertainty. Master Magic is a good man, his heart is true. I do not know if I can be the good man that he is. But I do not want my deeds or words to cast shadow or bring strife upon the Master, or the good folk of UWSP. It may have been foolish of me to think I could change to a quieter life. I may have to leave UWSP to keep them safe.", and with that, Piram shuffled off to try and sleep...

Phaedrin and Argus merely looked at each other. Neither knowing what to say or how console the eldest Agrivar... but they knew that they would follow where he would lead.

And Meanwhile...

Last edited:

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I awoke today, business as usual... not feeling so great, moving sluggish.. must be a illness going about. Best thing is to get straight to business so I head down to the market, I can sense the thoughts o' some of me fine pals, seems a bit of that orc fuss going on. Maybe after business I'll take a journey and see if I can't be of assistance. As I'm pondering my thoughts and straightening my shop, yet again I'm struck by some projectile and quickly I can feel the strong poison coursing through me vains. Always the words of the magic that will send me to the shadows is not far from my lips as these are dangerous times in a perilous land. My powerful steed charges to me defense chasing the would be assailant a few steps away... the poison and staggering of my illness has me again stumbling in pain outta the safety o' the shadows, I realize I must neutralize the poison and speak the words to cleanse me'self, I feel the magic try to purge this venom but the venom is very potent I can see my assailant freeing himself up from my valiant steed, I say the words again and feel the poison leave me body, I take a few steps away, staggering, darn this bloody illness slowing me down today (lag).. just as I try to heal me wounds the assailant Jeff riding a spider much like the other recent murder plaguing our peaceful city moves in for the kill. I await for him to finish his deed and depart, and then I call upon my many sacrifices to the realm to once again rise...

Understanding there is nothing more me faithful steed can do, I summon him quickly back to me'self and step through the nearest teleportal away, I quickly find me'self at a hub, not using the network I get rather lost fast but recognize the markings for Umbra and quickly head for there.. now on more familiar grounds I make me way to Britain to resupply from my losses and no sooner then I arrive I sense a battle is brewing and accept the magical pathway pushing me towards Britain's moongate, no sooner then appearing I'm overrun by orc and their ilk sending me again to my grave... I decide to rest for a spell as this hasn't been me finest day. In my spiritual form I make my way through the masses assembled at the Britain gate and step through to the awaiting healers in Luna. After resupplying I decide to head home, upon my arrival, my good friend and Master Lord MagicHands sensing I've had a really bad day sends a magical message, "look in your mailbox" and to me surprise my suit was most graciously returned to me. .. my parting thoughts as I return to bed to end this awful day is that in trying times I hope others have as wonderful friends as me'self to pull 'em back up when they're down.. for this is Siege and we will all have days like this, but we must remember all the great days and people around us and remember tomorrow will likely be another great day too, shouldst the lag God's look down with favor upon us :)

.... and meanwhile...

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Orces were out for BLOOD​

So Kenzie sneaks out to go to this grand party at the Hall, only to be sucked into taking a little side trip to some island with promises of free drinks and grass skirts from the Orc Travel Service Ing.

Turns out they want more then her gold, ney these Orcs were out for BLOOD! Well, banter and bruised Kenzie returns home, her pack full of death robes, and she says “I was one of the lucky one, other there died twice as much. Talk about a death trap, that was all it was, a trap to get the adventures away from the safety of the city guard zone to the jungles of that island”.
Orces were out for BLOOD.jpg
It all started with this;
Commander Bhaltair: Hail, citizens!

Now, I know this may come as a shock to some of ye, but we are currently besieged by Orcs.
I know, I know, tis shocking. Truly shocking. They had been so peaceful for many a moon, and now this! It seems they were upset when a survey team unearthed an orcish artifact

This was apparently a relic of one of their great warriors. Due to that unfortunate misunderstanding, we are now at war. Orcs can be very touchy Orc tribes from across the land have banded together, under the leadership of the flame clan orcs, and are assailing our cities.

It seems that two of their chieftains are coordinating this attack from somewhere on Fire Isle

We are to try to sue for peace, but if that does not work I find a good blow to the head is just as effective. These two chieftains are guarded by a great many orcs some are untrained, and rather pathetic-others, who our guards have named "saboteurs" are not so easy to kill they also seem to have packs of trained hellhounds at their beck and call then, there are the chieftains.

While not the peak of their troops, they are deadly and have been trained in dark orcish arts

I fear this is but the opening volley in our war so please, keep your doors and windows locked at night and a sword by your bed but for now - let us go forth and see if we can find these chieftains
perhaps they will be reasonable well, shall we go forth, and see what we can find?

be on your guard

Such a gifted speech, needless to say, they all left, only to be met with a force far larger then what they had been to led to believe.
Orces were out for BLOOD1.jpg Orces were out for BLOOD2.jpg Orces were out for BLOOD3.jpg

Reasons why they lost?

1. Far to few adventures there!
2. Far to many Monsters there!
3. Boss healing itself!
Orces were out for BLOOD4.jpg
((Did they ever get enough to take that boss down? Or did they have to nerf it? Answers I do not have, maybe others can enlighten us to that? We fought there for over an hour bringing home death robes only.))

And meanwhile...

vlorg

Visitor
This morning began like any other Sunday morning. I woke up, had a healthy and satisfying breakfast of roasted dragon ribs, washed down with an frosty ale. Carmel Cakes my faithful Cu, ate his usual breakfast as well, a simple meal of grapes and a single peach. Carmel Cakes was happier this morning than most days because today was his birthday. He pushed his muzzle up under my arm, and looked at me with his deep brown eyes, as if to say, 'I love you, and thank you for liberating me from those nasty pixies.' We had such high hopes for our adventures today. If I would have known what was to come, I would have never left the warmth of my bed.

Immediately after leaving the house, I jumped up onto Carmel Cakes' back, and headed for the grassy field nearby. The sun was shining and we were both filled with optimism. We quickly found the tracks of a Great Hart, and pursued it so that I could practice my taming skills a bit more. After a few moments of talking softly to the Great Hart, he accepted us as equals. I reached into my pocket for a handful of grain which he happily ate it from my open and outstretched hand as if to say, thank you friend.

Then without warning, the beast lifted and turned its head to look to its rear. All I heard was a thud and a grunt. Then I felt the warm spray of blood on my face. An enormous arrow had entered the poor animal from behind, and had exploded out its chest. It instantly dropped dead right before us. I only had time to look up for a moment. In the distance I saw what appeared to be an Orc, but it was tall and gangly, with distorted features. In its hand it held a large black bow, with an arrow already knocked. His other hand had pulled back and fully extended the weapon. With a snarl it released the arrow. Before I could utter a word, the arrow plunged into my chest, ripping through my cloak and barbed leather armor, piercing one of my lungs. With a cough and a gurgle, my throat filled with blood, and I slumped forward and off of Carmel Cakes' back. My faithful Cu angrily howled in horror and immediately lunged for the Orc. As I hit the ground, I could see the Orc fire another arrow directly at Carmel Cakes, and I watched helplessly as it hit him square in the chest. My amazing and loyal beast that was capable of shredding dragons was stopped cold with one shot. I couldn't believe my eyes. As he hit the ground and rolled to his side, he looked right at me, and our gazes locked. His large brown eyes were filled with shock, and with a look he seemed to say to me, "I'm sorry." The Orc walked up behind my faithful and mortally wounded friend. It pulled a blade from its waist, and with a swift motion, sliced off Carmel Cakes' face. As my life-force faded, the last thing I saw was this evil creature standing over my dead friend, wearing his face, and feverishly laughing at what it had just done.

Why?...

And meanwhile...

Last edited:

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Tanager was in her kitchen, grinding a handful of tribal berries into pulp with firm determination. She looked over to where her beautiful Keisha lay on the stone pavers, resting her head on her huge paws in exhaustion. Seeing the glance, the cu sidhe's tail lifted in a feeble wag of reassurance before closing her eyes to sleep. Today had not been a good day.

Tanager sighed, and tilted the bowl to see if the berries were ready. With a satisfied nod, she began mixing flour into the slurry to make a thin paste and then set the bowl aside. She stripped out of her clothing, folding them neatly on the counter. She dipped her fingers into the bowl, and began painting her skin in the swirled patterns of the Savages.

The bodies of the Britain survey crew still lay in pieces near the orcish relic that had been unearthed, because no one had been able to get close enough to attend to them. An army of furious orcs and their allies still guarded the thing with fanatical obsession. An offer to return the relic to the orcs had been met with more bloodshed, for the orcs claimed it had been defiled. Tanager sighed as she worked, remembering the battle that waged on Fire Island. Many would claim that they had won, defeating the Leaders and sending the combined orc clans into retreat. But to her, it was a failure of peace. It had come as no surprise then to find powerful orcs wielding dark arcane magic invading all the lands of Sosaria, seeking vengeance. It was not impossible to defeat them, but these orcs carried very little in the way of earthly goods while on their mission of destruction. The strongest hunters of the land preferred to avoid the invaders rather than engage them, and let the healers and veterinarians tend to the citizenry and their animal companions.

Still... perhaps there was a way. Tanager reached up to adjust the mask as it slipped on her face, resettling it into place. She glanced out her kitchen window, where several orcs were pacing. It had been a thin hope, when she had rummaged through her chest of clothing to find an old Mask of Orcish Kin. She had not really expected it to work, as she had walked deliberately and calmly into the midst of assassins in the the Town of UWSP, and waited to be slain on the spot. But they had just stared at her for a long moment... and then walked away. Orcs were not the brightest creatures in the land, but surely they did not think she was an orc.

She wore the mask as a show of friendship and did not attack, and this seemed to be enough to calm some of the rage. Perhaps if enough people showed this kinship, then there could be talk of peace once again with the orcs. And so she had imbued her old mask with magic and set a special blessing on it to keep it with her always, and devised a plan.

Tanager finished painting her body and clad herself in the bone and furs of the Savages. She did not know if they would be willing to help her with this by giving her more of these masks. But surely this war was not good for anyone.

Keisha raised her head as Tanager passed, but the woman knelt to rest a hand on the beast's muzzle. "Not today, my friend. Today I go alone."

And meanwhile...

Last edited:

Old Timer

Adventurer
Phaedrin, being the youngest Agrivar, has always had an inquisitive nature. So much so that Piram, the eldest, had many times reminded him of the old saying that 'curiosity killed the cat'.

Phae couldn't help himself... he just had to get a better look at that orc artifact. So he hid, then crept, always watching for the largest of the brutes to be otherwise occupied. In this manner he was able to come right up to the object. Looking it over, he noticed near the center was a faint glow. Peering ever closer his vision blurred, then cleared - and he was able to look within the artifact.

His senses were assailed by a kaleidoscope of colors and shapes. Blinking, and blinking his eyes more as he watched... then he muttered in a incredulous tone... "My god, it's full of orcs!"

And meanwhile...

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having recently evaded an orcish intruder in his home, Otto loaded up his backpack with potions and bandages, and paid a visit to the small room that held his soulstones.
Deftly running his fingers over the runes that read "healing", "anatomy" and "alchemy", with a brief stop at "hiding" and "stealth", he wondered why he had never invested in one for "running like a lunatic with all the hordes of the abyss on your tail".

Regardless, he mounted his faithful seeing-eye beetle, and set forth in search of the orcs. Perhaps he could reason with them? After all, he'd been ...well, not quite friends. Tolerated, perhaps, by the orcs of old. Even the younger ones who hung around Mo'gluk had shown enough respect to not bash his brains in on sight. Perhaps he could find out what irked these orcs, and maybe even negotiate with them.

The first orc he found sounded as if it was relieving itself in the bushes. It was most decidedly not pleased to be interrupted by a human, even one who could not see what it was doing. It attacked. There was an almighty howl as Otto's beetle's pincers reminded the orc why it is a good idea to always return your studded loincloth to the right position after a visit to the bushes, and Otto took that as an opportunity to wheel the beetle around, and attempt to flee.

The orc followed, at an amazing pace. Over hills, through towns - the guards were useless - across bridges, through moongates, in and out of buildings, through teleporter tiles - this orc was relentless!

Finally, as his beetle was frothing at the mandibles from the effort, Otto came to the magical gateway to the hidden lands, where Papua and Delucca nestle.
Screaming the words of passage, he arrived, in a mage's hut, expecting to have to keep going - but the orc did not follow. Perhaps it did not know the words? Perhaps the magic keeping the town hidden had also hidden Otto?

In any case, Otto was not looking a gift kraken in the tentacles, so he took his severely winded beetle to the stables, to recover, and flopped down in a chair at the nearest tavern.

"Orcish ale, sir? Best in the land!"

Otto would not be leaving a tip.

And meanwhile....

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mumm-ra looked at the misshapen kasa and threw it into the corner, he looked to the stack of half finished bows and pile of battered looking plate gloves and decided a trip out was in order... Who would have thought learning craft skills would be so tough... He gathered up some pickaxes and mounted his firebeetle and headed for the distant mountains to mine... I'm going to need a lot of metal.

And meanwhile........

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Master Dalamar approaches me, " Lord Ol'Rac, The Tower of High Sorcery at UWSP has been assaulted far to many times in these last months. It took much of my remaining magic to transport the Tower out of Krynn to the safety of your realm as so we could protect its secrets from falling into the wrong hands. You assured me that the best location was the town of Safe Haven. ", "Master Dalamar, I understand your concern, seeking to bring it there was a mistake, I had been in your realm to long and wasn't aware of how much the city had changed over the century I'd been away". Dalamar than speaks, "and now once more you've promised me this village of UWSP, a peaceful city of humble crafters would be a safe refuge for the only remaining tower of magical secrets and artifacts and now we've been under assault repeatedly, once a cunning intruder even chased you around the inside of the Tower slaying you at the doorway of your own bedroom, your oh so lucky that all the rooms filled with secrets and power have strong wards on them, hence all the bones of would be intruders strewn around the Tower ". Ol'Rac replies, "yes, Master Dalamar, I'm quite aware of that particular occurrence, but once again there is no way we could have known that our wonderful town would grow so quickly into a large city and center of attention of both noble and foul alike. Fear not though for I have a solution and it is once more time for the Tower to disappear, safely somewhere that only those we invite may enter. I have learned much from you, and am now confident I've learned the proper magic to transport the Tower away me'self". Dalamar walking away, "you better be right this time Lord Ol'Rac, we can not afford for the power with in these walls to fall into the wrong hands!".

And meanwhile...

Last edited:

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Continued....

How delicate a creature she seemed, living in these foul times where the fragile are called upon to sacrifice as they do. If her chant had the power to harm him, he felt no such sting. There was a part of Holden that wanted to suppress her unfamiliar words. He wanted to grab her by her soft, rounded shoulders and shake her until she confessed her wrongdoings; until she begged him to stop and beseeched him to save her from the perfidious evils that crept along her heart.

He heard the rustle of steps behind him, one of this lady's clansmen no doubt, and a rather brute one by the sound of it. But, Holden had not come fearing the wrath of any man, and was prepared to rid the world of one less cretin than the time it would take for this lady to beg mercy for the foolish lout.

She lifted her eyes, and he looked into them, as improper as it seemed, to assess just how corrupted and broken she was. But, he sensed no great shadow, only fear, sorrow and perhaps betrayal. He wished that in some way, she might take him as her friend, and understand the words he would share are not come of vainglorious ignorance. Would that he had the ability to do so, he would have gladly taken her away from where they were and placed her where they OUGHT to have been: in a time when the land was simple and seemingly delicate creatures such as she did not linger in these dark and shadowy wastelands.

Holden humbled himself before her on knee, though not so much as to place him in range of whatever cretin was in the shadows behind him. Her witchly beauty was not unnoticed by him. He thought to go closer and brush aside a strand of bramble that had fallen before her face, but he dared not make so intimate an action, not here while she was most likely another man's to protect and hold. What could he possibly do to her that she had not already done to herself in this desolate place, with the abandonment of honor and virtue for the sake of whatever thrills one sought from others? His mind wondered how well the guard behind him knew her. His sword suddenly thirsting for him all the more.

Interrupting her chant, she gave a slight smile and glided over to accept his hand. A strong gust of wind fanned the flames, scorching the parchment within Holden's grasp, a blue mask dropping beside him. Was it superstition, did the mask carry the same shade of familiarity with descendants of the KSS knights of old? The lands, bearing witness to the degeneration of their legacy, something Holden found more difficult to stomach each passing day.

Foolishly taking it as some prophetic omen, Holden grabbed the mask and placed it upon his face. Immediately she returned to her chant, while Holden's eyes stared into the blaze. His head began to throb, and as he tried to remove the mask, his limbs lay flat. He tried to scream as the Light itself was sucked away and into the mask, but his lips were frozen.

(I didn't want to just disappear from the game so take this as my story of transitioning my main character into the Savages guild, in hopes, perhaps futile, that we may return again. To read more, the blue mask has significance to our history here: Shaman Niha)

And meanwhile...

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 4600:

Razz awoke in a clamor and knew he was late without looking at his time piece.
He jumped from his bed and grabbed his massive key chain.
Knowing he had already wasted to much time from over sleeping, he dashed around the castle frantically making sure all the doors, windows and gates were locked and secure.
After ensuring everything was as just as it was yesterday, and the day before, he made his way back to his room where he locked himself back in and continued crafting various items until he fell soundly asleep again.

Day 4601:

Razz awoke in a clamor.....

And meanwhile....

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Otto had been invited to the Skara Brae tailors, to try out some new styles that they had introduced.
One garment in particular, an all-in-one, form fitting garment, piqued his curiosity.
Unfortunately, it was made for a man of smaller build than Otto, who, while old, had spent his life swinging a pick axe, and was fairly large of frame.

Luckily, he had his harp with him, and began to compose a song as he struggled to get out of the ghastly garment...

[With apologies to Fred Quicksilver]

Is this unreal cloth?
Is this false quality?
Caught in this "onesie"
Cannot go to the lavatory
Cut open the side
Free me from this hide I plea
I'm just a blind man, I cannot see
Where are the fastenings, I do not know
Are they high? Are they low?
Any way to remove it, doesn't really matter, to me.

Tailor, was this your plan?
You put this thing over my head
Undo it or you're dead
Tailor, this is no fun
Please make your garment go away
Tailor, Nooooo!
If you try to force me to pay,
you'll refund me this time tomorrow
Cut it off, cut it off, leave it in tatters

Too late, the stitching's run
Cold draughts down my spine
This garment's not so fine
A good buy this way not so..
I'll leave the rags behind - face the truth!
Tailor, OoOooOO
I don't want to pay
Wish I'd never worn this at all

I hear a little ripping from behind
My modesty goes, these clothes, pray undo
Thunderbolts, Lightning, I am now casting -
Ricardo! Ricardo!
Ricardo! Ricardo!
Ricardo steal my clothes - I beg of you!

But I'm just a blind man, this tailor would rob me
(He's just a blind man, from Wintermoor's monastery)
(Spare him from wearing this monstrosity)
Easy weave easy sew, Should we let him go
Tailor: No I will not let him go (let him go)
Tailor: No i will sew and sew (let him go)
Tailor: I'm a real so and so (let him go!)
Will not let you go! Sew! Sew! (never!)
Never let you go! (Let me go!)
Never! Let me go OooOooo
Oh Tailor, Tailor, Tailor let me go
I have a daemon slayer that should work on thee
For thee
For thee

So you think you can clothe me for I have no eye
So you think you can con me and sew me up tight
Oh ladies, can't do this to me ladies
Just got to get out - got to get out - of this gear

[insert harp solo here]

Oh I'm free! So free!
Nothing left to wear
Everyone can see
I have no clothing left on me

Brrr... how the wind blows...!

And meanwhile...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Orcish Diplomacy​

How is that even the best made plans for peace can unravel in mere seconds of the launching of an mission to do just that? Make Peace!

Lord Dupre: Greetings, friends! I am glad to see so many of you answered the call!
Orc part two.jpg Orc part two1.jpg
*friendly wave*

The King has asked me to try to sue for peace with the orcs as you may have noticed, there are a lot of them, and they are beyond angry. It seems that while the surveyors were planning the road near here they dug up the tomb of an ancient orc leader nobody seems to know his name but the orcs did feel that he was important, nobody understands the mind of an orc but still, we wish to try to convince them that we did not declare war

Vanity: orcs are friends too. :)

Lord Dupre: Orcs CAN be friendly and they can share a common cause unfortunately, right now their cause is to seperate our heads from our bodies

Malloc: we could give them the brit hub as an offering

Lord Dupre: A fine idea, but we'll call that Plan B. The King has arranged to have two of his prize bulls shipped to the Umbra stables they are to be an offering to the Fireclan orcs. I would have simply gated us there but unfortunately, the orcish shamans have saturated the area with curses and the bulls would not survive the trip so, we are to escort the bulls from the Umbra stables, to the orcish encampment if they get there alive, we have a chance for peace if not - well - we continue to beat the orcs more senseless

Tanager: heh
Lord Dupre: So, shall we head for Umbra, or are there any questions?
CharGar: gate away sir!
Lord Dupre: very well then!
Magichands: there is a plan for the escort?

((Now this was a very important question, was there a plan??))

Lord Dupre: We will meet resistance but you are more than equal to the task! We aim for the far side of the lake.

((Resistance was met, Bulls were lost))

Waruk: Furukk. Jakrimnar glugulg eagthukug narbuiljjahat urgfub. Gug.

Lord Dupre: oh no! prize bull: *prize bull looks ill.* Sadly, that was just gold paint that the king applied to please orcs we will have to try to negotiate with the orcs without the bulls it will take weeks for the king to ship in more let us see if they can be reasonsed with onwards to their camp!
((We were to learn that there would be no reasoning with the Orcs.))

Lord Dupre: I believe they are simply mad. Who knows the mind of an orc? Their camp is on the far side of this lake. Onwards then! To the far side of the lake!

((The group was hard pressed to reach that side of the lake.))

Lord Dupre: beware - there are more!
Sabub: Cukquilclogrugag ag dufstucur! Gub maep bag.
Fudhagh: Oogfoz dud gruttuggruntflu gulg lub. Stuirodurgle rusagthu.
Lord Dupre: Their camp is at the small orc town round the lake! I shall try to reason with them.

a Lord of the Fireorc Tribe: Hoowah! So, dumhed oomies come here wit no tribuut?
Lord Dupre: er, yes sorry about that
a Lord of the Fireorc Tribe: Dumhed oomies insult Fire-uruks?
Lord Dupre: your people killed the tribute though!!!
a Lord of the Fireorc Tribe: Stinkin' pushdug oomies nub worth talkin' to! Geddem, boys!
Lord Dupre: no!
a Lord of the Fireorc Tribe: *gestures to members of his council to exact revenge*
Lord Dupre: to arms, men! and ladies!
a Lord of the Fireorc Tribe: *folds arms and sulks, refusing to have anything else to do with you*
Orc part two2.jpg
Now if we had only to face the hoard of Orcs and Ettins it would have been a lot quicker battle, but alas we had another problem within the ranks of those there, bandits hidden within the ranks, and who attacked others there, so we were not only facing the orces but the bandits as well.
Orc part two3.jpg
It was like a mad house of action all around, Orcs here and there, warriors/mages/tamers here and there, bandits here and there, till finally the Bosses fell and we were able to retreat to the Guard Zone of the Hall once more. Several there let it be know they had received a tunic (Armor) drop. Something I will be selling at the next GIL Auction.

And meanwhile...

Old Timer

Adventurer
This is the start of a multi part story. Game characters may be named during its course. If you are that character and wish to contribute to the story line, please do. It is improv. I know the beginning and I know what the end will be, but how we get there is completely open to our imaginations.

Part 1 - Changes

Phaedrin hugged the wall of the small stone room. Brother Piram was deep in combat with a being known as 'The Dark One'. Some abnormal Lich Lord. Very powerful, and sadistic. They had heard the stories while in a pub in Yew, and ventured out to its cave lair to cleanse the evil.

The sinister being laughed while it fought. More 'cackle' than laugh though. It seemed to savor the combat and taunted Piram throughout the fight. Speaking in a voice straight out of a nightmare, the Dark One hissed, "Soon I will have another soul for the Master. You will know torment, and I will feast on your bones" Piram said nothing. Deftly blocking each swing of the staff the Lich brought forth. Spinning quickly around from the right, he knocked the staff from the grasp of the Dark One. Quickly raising his sword, he thrust it hard into the chest of the Lich.

A bright purple flash filled the room at the moment of the Lichs demise. Phaedrin, still in the corner, blinked and rubbed his eyes. It was several minutes before his sight returned. Looking to the point of the combat, he saw the crumpled form of the Dark One. Moving to the body of the Lich, Phaedrin could see Pirams sword protruding from it's chest. Ink black blood bubbling from the wound. But Piram was not standing. He lay over and away from the Lich, face down on the rough stone floor. Phaedrin quickly moved to his stricken brother. Removing his glove, Phaedrin checked, and heaved a sigh of relief. There was life, Piram was still with the living. Rolling him over, Phaedrin began to look for a wound, or reason his brother was unconscious. He noticed a fist sized burn in Pirams breastplate, just over his heart. It was blackened and burned through, but no blood was flowing. Phaedrin decided it would be wiser to leave this place and get his brother back to UWSP town.

Phaedrin stood, closed his eyes, and whispered a few words of magic... the floor rumbled, and rising up, a giant of stone formed. Phaedrin commanded telepathically, and the stone form scooped up Pirams inert body. Slinging him over its shoulder, it turned and faced Phaedrin. Phaedrin turned and motioned the way out. Both he and the stone manifestation started the ascent up and out of the deep cave lair.

Reaching the surface and the welcoming sun, Phaedrin turned again to the great stone giant sending a telepathic command.Speaking the words, "Vas Rel Por", a shimmer appeared and formed into an oval pathway. Stepping into the gate, with his stone companion in tow, Phaedrin stepped out the other side right onto the steps of the UWSP Defense Hall. This was Pirams home. Making their way inside and to Pirams chambers, Phaedrin sent a command to the stone man to put Piram down. Meaning Pirams bed, but the large stone figure unceremoniously dropped Piram down onto the floor of the room. Phaedrin frowned, and with a few quick hand movements, sent his summoned helper back to whatever realm it was pulled from.

Phaedrin struggled, but finally got Piram on the bed and laid out. He then stripped the armor from his brother. In doing so, the area of the burn became easier to discern but still unable to see detail. Removing his under shirt, the burn was then seen clear. A charred center, the size of a copper. Blackened flesh surrounding that with spidery 'fingers' spreading from the site out across his chest. Piram was also hot. Very hot. But the odd thing was, there was no sweat upon his body. This was no normal wound or malady. It was unlike anything Phaedrin had ever seen. Dark Magics he thought, it must be...

Getting up, he moved to the teletile which went directly to the roof of the building. In an instant he was on the roof and moving quickly to the Raven cages. He needed help and he needed to inform his other brother Argus.

At the message table he wrote four identical messages - " Need aid. Come quickly. Defense HQ. Piram." Rolling each paper tightly and slipping them into a holder to strap to a leg of each Raven, he pulled a messenger from it's proper pen and sent them on their way. One to Argus, one to Master Magic, one to the adventuress Tanager, and the last to the town's guardian Lady Taylor. Argus needed to be here at his brothers side and among the other three, one should surely know how to stem whatever evil was gripping the elder Agrivar.

Returning to his brothers bedside, there was nothing left to do now but wait...

And Meanwhile...

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The man walked in the room... "Poof"... The sound behind him of the gate closing was clear...
"I'm becoming too old to walk in this plan" said the man after some seconds.
He moved fast through the room hoping to find faster what he was looking for, but after a moment a strong voice come from a corner:
"Password"
The big creature come out from the shadow with his mechanical face. After a second it repeated:
"Password"
The man was a bit surprise but, after a moment,he rembered about the guardian of the library and to calm him before it could attack, he said:
"Marshmallow ".
The guardian come back in his corner.
"What crazy person can choice that thing as password????"
The man jumped a bit far scared, then he started to laugh strong:
"Why each time we come here, i have to risk an heart attack because you scare me always???? You can also stay near and don't come out from shadow in the wrong moment, Lupacchiotto !! And anyway it's a nice sweet !!!"
The big wolf turn his face to Magichands and answered:
"If you say so Magichands" and with his big eyes he started to look around the room.
"Oh come on ! We aren't here to discuss about this ! We are here to look for an old book about undead lord curses !!"
Magichands was really worried about Piram and what he read on Phaedrim message. Those lich lord, expecially master as the one he fought, could be very dangerous without the right protection. And as usually, valiant and brave knights like Lord Piram, never worried about that.
"They think Holy spells and a sword can protect from everything ! .... We must find that book fast,Lupacchiotto".
The man and the wolf were looking around the library for many hours when suddendly Magichands said:
"Found !!! Records of all Undead Lords Curses and their cures !!! "
"Are you sure this book can help him Magic?"
"Sure no, my friends.. This book is old and probably also undead lords studied new curses... But it can help us to understand what kind of curse we have to fac..."
From the middle of the room was coming a sound of glass breaking. Magichands,throwing in a corner the book, run to that sound and without waiting a second he started to whisper strong spells of magic protection around the glass and the book inside it.
"Lupacchiotto !!!! I need your help ! An intruder is trying to localize the Book from your plan !!!"
After some seconds the man felt his energy increase and slowly he could send back the intruder. After a moment the room was quiet.
"What happened Magic???"
"I think someone is still trying to find the book we are hiding here, and probably when we come here, they tracked us... But now is gone... Thank you for the help... Enemies from you plan are always so strong ! But now better come back in our plan with the book for piram... We already risked too much ! "
Saying that Magichands took from the floor the book of curses
" I hope isn't too late !!" and then he started to open a gate for UWSP Town.
The man and the wolf walked in the gate and a voice come out from it before disappear :
"I'm becoming too old for these things !"

And in the meanwhile....

Old Timer

Adventurer
Master Magic stepped through the gate. Phaedrin and Argus waiting on the steps. "Master, he has not regained his senses", Phaedrin spoke as Magic approached. " I have something I hope will aid us. A tome. Ancient, and malevolent in its own right. There may be an answer held within", Magic responded as he mounted the stairs.

Phaedrin looked at the cover of the book as Magic approached. It looked ages old. Blood red, with black borders containing runes and symbols that were beyond him. The spine, withered and creased from many uses. As Magic got closer, you could almost feel the energies it had been created with. Surely no one lived now that could read and decipher the writings contained in its pages?

Piram still lay on the bed. The 'spider fingers' growing more pronounced, and numerous. Whatever darkness gripped Piram, he was surely losing himself to it.
Magic frowned deeply, something that seldom crossed his friendly face. "Ah, I did not think it this bad. You say it was from fighting a Lich Lord?", Magic asked without taking his eyes from his friend. "Aye, master. But according to the stories from the townsfolk we encountered, this Lich had been twisted further by dark forces, long departed from the world we now know. The 'Dark One', they called it.", Phaedrin responded.

"Dark One", Magic mused... "I remember a story from my days of study at the Mystics Citadel. The Grand Masters spoke of a powerful Mystic from days long ago. Seems he became intoxicated with the power the arcane provided, and it corrupted him. In his quest for power and control over the magics, he was killed in an ill fated quest to a long forgotten tomb. A tomb that held one of the Dark Masters remains." "Dark Masters..." Argus muttered. Magic continued, "It was thought that the tomb was forever lost to time, but the Mystic found his way there. And something within that tomb possessed him, twisted his already skewed sense of right and wrong. He became what you refer to as 'The Dark One'. The Citadel Mystics mounted a push, one destined to shape the teachings and admittance of those seeking to wield the arcane. A great battle ensued. The mystics on one side, the 'Dark One' on the other. Many perished, some survived. But it was always thought that the 'Dark One' was defeated. It would seem that part of the story was in error."

"No offense to my friend, your brother, but Piram could not have defeated the 'Dark One' without the aid of our realms most powerful mystics and mages. It happened, because the 'Dark One' wanted it to.", Magic considered. "There is a purpose we do not yet see. And, I'll wager it will not be good. But, let us see what secrets this book may hold..." Magic tried to say with confidence as he opened the book. Confidence that was more bravado than felt.

And Meanwhile...

Old Timer

Adventurer
Master Magic poured over the ancient tome, desperate to find something that would allow him to 'cleanse' his friend of the darkness that held him. Rubbing his tired eyes and sitting back in his chair he said wearily to himself "This is turning into a goose chase. So far there is nothing in this book that resembles Pirams affliction. I do not know where to turn."

About then Phaedrin rushed in, almost falling down as he did. He looked both excited and terrified. "He has risen! But that is not my brother." "What do you mean Phae?", Magic asked concerned about Phaedrin's words. "I mean, he got up and is moving about now. But when he speaks, it is not Piram. Also, you should know... he is showing signs that he can now wield the arcane.. the powers of light, but also the dark magics.", Phaedrin responded.

"Piram and magic? Surely you jest. Piram has always balked at magic. Preferring as he has said many times, steel to words", Magic said slightly amused. But the next words Phaedrin spoke, "He changed his body to that of a wraith...", stopped Magic cold. "You are certain of this Phaedrin?" he asked. With an ashen look, Phaedrin merely nodded his head 'yes'.

"I need to see him... NOW!", Magic blurted out while heading for the stairs.

Piram's squire stood near the door, ready to bolt like the scared rabbit he appeared to be. In all his time with Piram, never once had he seen Piram study or even read a book concerning magic. Yet here was his Lord and Master conjuring beasts, some terrifying. Making them appear, making them go who knows where. All the while with a strange look, and chuckling to himself. He barely said two words to his brothers. And those were curt and disrespectful. This was not Piram Agrivar at all.

Magic popped into the room. Without a sign of fear, went straight over to Piram. "My friend, you are feeling better?", Magic asked jovially, laying his hand on Piram's shoulder. Piram turned and looked blankly at Magic, "Yes, better now." Piram seemed to 'hiss' words more than speak them. Magic quickly jerked his hand from Piram's shoulder. It did not have the warmth of the living. More like something long dead. Piram's eyes mimicking that touch... cold and lifeless.

Magic was deeply concerned now. This was no longer the old Knight he called friend. "Well, I have town business to attend. I will visit with you later my friend.", Magic made an excuse to depart. If Piram was aware, he showed no sign of acknowledgement. Magic gave him one last look and left Pirams chamber.

Phaedrin was just outside, and Magic motioned him to walk with him as Magic was leaving. "His condition is dire. I believe the life force of that 'Dark One' has entered and taken control of your brother. This does not bode well." Magic said to Phaedrin. "What can we do Master? Is there naught?", Phae pleaded in return. Magic spoke, just before entering the gate, "Do not let him leave. I do not know what he may do. We need answers. I am going to find Tanager, Taylor, and some others. We will return to where this started and see if we can find a meaning to all this." Waving to Phae, he stepped through the gate.

Phaedrin turned and headed up the steps to the Defense Hall. Pausing at the door he heaved a huge sigh. Then pushing the door open, he steeled himself as he entered.

And Meanwhile...

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Magichands was in his room... He was still thinking about the "meeting" with his friend. The book didn't help much but when he touched Piram's shoulder he felt something very strange and dangerous.... In Piram's body there was a big energy though he was cold like dead... But that energy was something really evil... And when he looked blankly after his greeting, Magichands saw a little light in those eyes... Like something that was still fighting agaist the curse... With these thoughts in his mind, he was still walking around the room when suddendly everything was clear.
" Lupacchiotto !!! I know you are here ! Show yourself !*
From the shadow, in the corner of the room, the big wolf come out with his big eyes opened.
" I'm here Magic. If you are thinking what i believe, i tell you no !"
" But you know i'm right !"
" Yes i can still read your mind and i think your conclusions are right. Must be that ! But you know it's crazy try that !"
" Mmm crazy? Yes maybe it's crazy, but it's only our hope to help him ! If we don't act fast we'll lose him forever. Probably he will be not again the same Piram we know, but at least he will have again the control ! And mostly, we can't leave free a so dangerous entity in our world ! "
" Why i'm so sure that you'll try anyway,also if i say no?"
Magichands laughings answered:
" Because you know i don't let my friends die without try everything !"
" Oh i know i know... I still remember your treat to save me when we fought that enemy from my plan !... Oh well i'll help you !"
Smiling Magichands stroked the wolf and then he said:
" Perfect ! Now we have to call back another time all our friends.. I'm sure they will be happy to fight against a so dangerous enemy with us ! ... But in the meanwhile it's better call Tanager and Piram's Brothers to show them our plan ! And we have also to find a way to contact the powerful mage from that mythical order !"
Without waiting a second, the man and the wolf left the room....

And Meanwhile....

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Far across the lands, in the Temple of Mithras, Otto was deep in meditation.
He saw it as part of his duties as caretaker for the guildstone of KSS to spend time every month reminding Mithras of those who had served him, past and present.
As his mind flicked down the familiar list of names, he uttered words of thanks and supplication for each of them, even those who had passed on, or not been heard from in a dragon's age.

He rather fancied he could hear Mithras's golden sandal'd foot tapping in impatience as he sat and discussed everyone to ever wear the Blue with the unseen deity.
But the old man continued, regardless. He finished praying for the departed priestess, dear Mj, and moved on to the "P"s. "Ah, and Lord Piram, freshly returned to the cause of virtue and order! I pray, keep your hand over him, and protect..."

There was an almighty explosion, and it felt to Otto as if a Titan's fist had struck him out of nowhere, while at the same time a tidal wave of ice flooded over him, drowning him.
Cold, dark hands clawed at him, grabbed, him mercilessly, and flung him from the rooftop where he'd been praying.
Crashing like a young wyvern nestling on its first flight, he plummeted through a window of the building next door, and sent several of the Loot House's chests spewing their contents across the room as he crashed and rolled across the floor.

Otto lay in a broken heap, only aware of all his broken, twisted bones and his punctured lungs, as the sound of running feet coming towards him grew fainter and fainter.

"Quick! Get a healer!" someone shouted - and then Otto passed out, which came as a welcome respite from the sea of indescribable pain.

Nearby, a burst of golden fire could be seen atop the Temple of Mithras, as a black shape was forcibly ejected, and tore a gash in the air, as it clawed its way back to Malas.

And Meanwhile...

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Tanager landed on her back with a startled cry, her life rushing out of her body with the breath. Her spirit rose from the corpse, and she could already feel the powerful magic weaving around her to create a new vessel of flesh and blood. She held it off for the time being, however, and stood there in ghostly form to wait.

Keisha, her beautiful cu sidhe, finished off the ninja with a final swipe of her massive claws. The great beast looked over at Tanager's corpse with a loud snort of amusement, then calmly sat on her haunches and began licking her blood-stained paws clean. Tanager watched as the spirit of the ninja fled to find a healer of his own, and then she allowed the arcane magic to finish its spell. She took a deep breath with her brand new lungs and let out a long sigh.

"What would I do without you, hm?" Tanager asked her defender as she rummaged through the belongings of her own corpse and began dressing. Keisha gave her another snort, and stood to make a long, languid stretch almost like a cat. The wolfish grin was merry though, because they both knew the beast enjoyed being the hero of this partnership.

Tanager shook a little box happily. "Lot of seeds today though, very nice. Tomorrow we can --" she broke off suddenly as a raven appeared out of nowhere and swooped down at her.

Keisha leaped at it, jaws stretched wide, and the raven shrieked with indignation as it shot back up towards the sky. As the raven tried again to approach, Tanager saw that a tiny scroll was bound to the bird's leg. "Keisha, stop!" she called, but the cu sidhe snarled at the raven again, and made another leap.

The large black bird squawked loudly and shook its leg in midair until the scroll came loose and fell to the grass. Keisha yipped with surprise when the raven darted in to deliver a stern peck on her nose, and then disappeared in a little shower of feathers.

"Haven't you ever seen a messenger raven before?" Tanager asked as she picked up the scroll and began to unroll it. "You'll get us banned from the network!" Keisha's expression changed to one of apology, so Tanager smiled to reassure her. "That was very funny though," she teased. "Great big beast such as you taking on that little bird! Such bravery!"

Keisha growled a playful little growl, but Tanager was no longer listening. Instead her fingers were tight on the scroll, crumpling it as she read. The Cu went very still with concern as she tucked the paper into her pack with the seeds. "Quickly, my friend. We must hurry!" she said as she climbed onto the dog's strong back and began speaking the magic words. They were through the moongate the moment it was open, and gone from the grassy fields of Tokuno.

And meanwhile...

Old Timer

Adventurer
Phaedrin closed the great door behind him. Recent events still weighing heavily on his mind. Piram's recovery... what ever it may be. Master Hands unable to deduce the affliction... then as his thoughts started to deepen, the sound of the bell signalling a message had arrived. As he turned to head to the aviary on the rooftop, a second signal sounded. "Interesting", Phaedrin thought as he quickened his pace. Hopefully this is good news, and not more bad.

Reaching the pens for incoming birds, he plucked the first bird from its stage, rolled it in his hands and pulled the small message scroll from it's leg holder. Not bothering to read it, he moved to the second stage. He stood, looking at the pen, fairly shocked. He expected to see a standard Raven. Instead it was a Red Hawk. A Red Hawk! Amazing as it was, it was not unheard of. The Savages used hawks. Faster, stronger, and able to defend themselves, these birds could only be used by those familiar with the wild ways. Even the most accomplished birders of the realm were unsuccessful at using these birds with success.

But why was it here? Phaedrin carefully reached in to the pen. The hawk remained as docile as any messenger bird he had ever handled. "This just gets stranger", he thought while removing the small scroll of parchment. As soon as he removed the scroll though, the hawks demeanor changed quickly. Kicking, and biting, Phaedrin fast released his grasp and the bird sailed quickly from sight.

Phaedrin watched it head up and away, "magnificent bird" he thought as it powered quickly away. Looking down at the two scrolls, he noticed the one from the Raven carried a seal he knew all to well. The mark of Mithras. Mithras is the deity that the Knights of the Silver Serpents revere. The Hawk scroll bore no seal. It was simply tied with what looked to be a reed or vine. This was indeed from, or intended for, the Savages.

Phaedrin's curiosity was piqued. He removed the reed from the Savage scroll, and began reading. It was very clear the message was FROM the Savages and intended for the Agrivars. It spoke of the Savage witch priestess, her vision, a great evil, and an offer of aid. Surprising that was. The Savages long shunned relations with the realm. Their distrust for civilized peoples was well documented. Many that cross their path perish, sometimes horribly. A few get 'adopted' into their culture... but that is rare, and those individuals must be a special breed.

The sealed scroll was opened. Phaedrin quickly recognized the handwriting... Lord Otto, current Knight Commander of KSS. Keeper of the Temple of Mithras. The story it told was troubling. Otto attacked, the temple purged, evil entities... this all has to be connected to Pirams predicament. The end of Lord Otto's message offered some hope. Otto had found something held in the great library. He was eager to discuss, but was presently recovering from injuries sustained in the attack.

Phaedrin felt a bit relieved. Unexpected offers of help. Perhaps Piram could yet be saved. Thinking to himself, "I must get these messages to Master Magic. I am sure he will be happy at the offers of aid. I"ll just go check on Piram before heading to Town Hall."

Phaedrin slowly opened the door to Pirams chambers, not quite knowing the 'mood' his brother might be in. "Piram, I need to go to town and just wanted to chec...." his voice trailing off as he entered the room. Piram was not in the room. The window was swung open, could he have gotten out?

Phaedrin checked every room in the Defense Hall and Piram was no where in the place. He IS missing. Phaedrin thought back to Magics last words as he had left for town, "Do not let him leave."...

And Meanwhile...

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holden had ridden hard for nigh on the six days since his encounter with the savage clan.

How wrong he had been in his judgement during the meeting with the shaman. The set curse had removed the light from him. A man forged from virtue and piety now outcast from the towns he had once protected. Upon waking from the ritual, he had found himself alone in the desolate swamps, the mask yet fused to his face and his fine armor and sword replaced with bone scraps. His body branded and bearing the tribal markings. Upon his chest, a strange book of magery, though not of standard issue, with several pages left blank. A ridge-back grazing where his strong stallion was last seen.

He felt his temper swell. All of the fire and anger quickly building within his chest was like a siege meant to bring down a fortress of deception and malice, but as he released it, there was little more than a muted sound that came from him. "Grahhhhh" he was able to muster in anguish. Though this thoughts were complex, he appeared able only to speak in unrecognizable grammar.

A friendly wren chirped rapidly on the bramble overhead, seeming to acknowledge a sense of urgency. Remembering the parchment he had once held and his original destination, Holden frantically opened to a blank page in the spell-book. Using the soot and ash remnants, he composed a letter, unconsciously writing in the Savage tongue.

After hastily removing the page, he rolled it into a scroll and gestured to the wren as it landed atop his shoulder, accepting the scroll between its small claws. With hopes it may reach the intended destination in time, he turned about, but the brief calm was fiercely interrupted when a red hawk swooped from the sky, piercing the wren between its talons and dismembering it with its sharp and strong beak.

On the sixth moon, Holden passed through the arched gateway that signified UWSP town proper. There were some townsfolk to be seen, though they peered at him with neither adoration or much understanding. There was always the option to retreat then, to say nothing more and stalk away in shame at his unrecognizable state. He rolled his shoulders, not only to alleviate the tension within them, but remind himself they were still there and he was yet the man he had previously been. "PIRAM", he shouted at the top of his lungs, before collapsing from exhaustion, unaware of the affliction that had occurred,.

In the meanwhile....

Last edited:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Magichands !"
The man entered the door quickly and turned to Magichands with on his face a scared expression.
"Phaedrin ! Be quiet my friend ! ... I already know why you are here"
"Piram is.... Wait what? How do you know???"
Magichands walked near his friend and tried to calm him a bit with a little smile.
"My friend don't worry isn't your fault. I knew we had to face magic powers stronger than ours, and so i was ready to this eventuality. Around the house of your brother i put some seals to control the area, and so when he broke it, i was warned. And probably i can also track him. But before it's better we have a perfect plan. I don't want lose only our chance to free your brother !"
Phaedrin sat down on the chair with a long breath and after a moment he started again to speak:
"I'm sorry Magichands... You told me to don't let him go out from the house but i failed ! "
"Don't worry Phaedrin... As said isn't your fault... Probably he could avoid also me if i was here. There are powers that we can't control in stake so trust me... isn't your fault" And saying that Magichands smiled to his friend-
"Oh you are right on that Magichands... There are powers in stake that we can't control.. As these !" And saying that the man gave to Magichands the 2 message he got from Mithras Temple and from Savages.
Magichands read the messages and after some seconds he said:
"That is very interesting... Before your brother that wake up in that "strange" way... Now problems at sacred temple of Mithras.... And also Savages that try to contact us ! We need more information to get a complete picture of the situation !... Maybe it's better....."
The door suddendly opened and a citizen of UWSP Town entered in the room.
"Sorry Governor for my intrusion but we have a problem in town! "
" A problem?"
" Yes my lord... A savage just collapsed near market and before do that he said Piram !"
" A savage in town? Looking for Piram???!!!"
Without waiting a second Magichands started toward the door and turning to Phaedrin he said:
" Well my friend... I think we'll have our answer soon !"
And they all run outside....

In the meanwhile....

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drifting in and out of consciousness, the shaman priestess appeared again, only this time her audience was not him alone, but a vast assembly of Savages.

Though she spoke in broken Savage tongue, he understood every word.

We see an hour of reclamation approaching, she announced as she gestured towards Holden. These lands we have known since our very existence and the places which were born of our own ancestral blood are forced to endure the presences of the vile enemies we failed to defeat centuries ago. With broken spirits our once vast empire has diminished for generations to the far corners and swamps of these very lands we had commanded.

Remember the enemy is deceitful and disturbed our peace for their own glory. They have slaughtered us and desecrated our homelands, again and again. Do not see these creatures as they appear to be, but only as history shows they are: monsters and villains.

Thrust your spear, strike with fire unto them what they have done unto us. Show that our strength has been imbued with a power far greater than any advanced armor and weaponry. Erase all memory of defeat, and be inspired to reclaim our original homelands. Together we will avenge all those that have been made to suffer.

She gestured towards Holden again, commanding, Nanahuatzin protects you!

And with that a great fireball burst through the sky, as if the sun and come to greet the land directly, tossing Holden wide awake.

As his eyes adjusted to the visions of townsfolk around him, he felt a sudden terror within. It was the loneliest he had felt, with the absence of the virtues he had always relied upon so dearly to comfort him. Unsure whether he was here yet of his own accord and the notice written by Piram Agrivar he had found discarded and crumpled in the street many moons ago, or was it now merely a cruel aberration of memory, a facade set forth by the shaman for an event to come.

To his own startlement, Holden beat his chest, to greet the congregation gathering.

In the meanwhile...

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Otto lay back in his bed, listening to the footsteps of the latest healer to visit, and ply her trade.
Being bed ridden wasn't that bad. Many friends had come to visit, and brought gifts. Most of the gifts were edible.
He reached for another chocolate-dipped grape, winced slightly as a bolt of pain ran up his arm, and wondered what had caused his prayers to be answered so violently.
He'd need to have words with Mithras, once he could walk again. Harsh words.
But for now, there were chocolate-dipped grapes. And - was that Minocan ale he smelled?
No, being bed-ridden wasn't bad at all.

Old Timer

Adventurer
Phaedrin and Magic walked the short distance from the Town Hall to the marketplace. As they went along, they talked about the events which had occurred and what it all might mean. Especially the note from the Savages and now a savage in the town. Are they connected, or just coincidence?

As they rounded the market square, they saw the savage. Standing and beating upon his chest. Townsfolk gawking at the display and the odd visitor before them. Magic quickened his pace a bit, and Phaedrin followed. This could turn ugly, and Magic did not like like prospect.

"Hail and greetings", Magic shouted as he came up. The savage stopped his display and turned to regard Magic. Magic met his gaze straight on, never wavering. The visitor just stood there, silent and brooding. Magic tried once more. Slow and purposeful in his speech, "Do you understand me?" The savage only tilted his head in response. Like an dog listening intently to his master and trying to fathom what was being said.

Phaedrin chimed in, "Doesn't look like he knows our language." Magic responded, "Well, this will not do. If we can't talk to each other it will all be a waste." Phae asked, "Is there no one in town? Is there a scholar you can call on that knows the speak the savages use?"
Magic mused a moment. "Possibly... possibly" he said thoughtfully. "I will ask Tanager first. She has adventured enough in the lands and has spent time with some of the savage tribes. If she cannot, there may be some others I can ask."

So, with an ever growing crowd of townsfolk watching, the savage, Magic, and Phaedrin stood there. Each wanting to talk and ask questions, but frustrated by the lack of language skills...

Still, looking closely at the visitor... there was something not quite right about him. It was a savage, but at the same time there was something 'off' about him. He carried himself differently, more like a gentile or a seasoned guardsman. Puzzling it was. But so far everything that has happened in the last week has been - puzzling...

In the meantime....

Old Timer

Adventurer
Piram's unconscious mind knew something was amiss. He could 'see' what was happening, but had no control over his body. Then a voice. Was some one speaking, or was it just perceived in his head?

"Fool! You have no idea of who I am, and the power I command. All your valor and virtue mean nothing now. I command your body, and your soul will soon be mine." the voice said to Piram. Piram thought, "I am not so easily bested. I have faced many an evil and have been victorious. You underestimate me, and my friends. They will come for me, and your day will be at an end." The voice replied,"Then you will perish with me, as there is no way we can be separated except by death." "If my death ends you, that is a sacrifice I make easily.", Piram thought.

"Bah! I have no more time to waste on weak minions. You will see. I must start on my plans, and YOU are powerless to do naught but watch." the voice spat in Piram's mind. Cackling laughter following...

Through his eyes, Piram could see that they had left the Defense Hall, and were now in a desolate ruin. It looked very old, weathered from ages of storm. He could tell the 'voice' was conjuring. Unknown as to what that might bring. It was all like a dream to Piram, but he knew this was real. He also knew it did not bode well for the realm if this 'voice' succeeded in whatever malevolence it was planning. Surely his brothers, Master Magic, and his friends would be searching. They had to find a way to intervene, even if it meant his death.

Piram tried to contemplate and dwell on the teachings of Mithras. It was difficult with the 'voice' ranting, laughing, and conjuring. "Mithras, your blessing I beseech..." he though as he found a small bit of peace.

And Meanwhile...