• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Sticky]Its Not Over Till The Pics are posted!! (preferably links please) (Meet update)

B

Barbed Wire

Right a new meet is being arranged.

The city: London UK
The date: 26th July
Venue : The Audley
41 Mount Street
Telephone: 0207 4991843
Time: 1pm till closing
Suggested Hotel: Travel Inn Euston
Price per room per night: £74.95 (just under £37.50 per person with 2 sharing)
Useful links: Tube planner http://www.thetube.com/cgi-bin/tpquery3.exe?
Journey planner http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en
Travel Inns www.travelinn.co.uk
Website with other links: http://www.wizardgroup.net/uo/

This is a great venue as not only do we get our own bar and entrance but under 18s are welcome if "supervised" meaning no messing around and we should be fine! Best of all its free if we drink £300 worth (a hard job but someone has to do it!)

This isnt only open to UO players but to all that play any MMORPG, so all of you that have moved on to Daoc, E&B etc please pass the news along ( though I think that the UO contingent should be the largest!! *winks*)

B

Barbed Wire

Argh i forgot to mention that it is being organised by the people that organised the last 2 meets in London and Nottingham!

H

hopfull

Wonderfull news.I will deff come(barring any family probs)

I would of come to the one in Nottingham,but never realised it was a proper UO meet,and only now i am seeing it was run by the same guys as London(Carrot and his bro yes?to name but a few)

B

Barbed Wire

Well its organised by people from the guildhall, the last one (nottingham) alot was done by Lady Camylobacter (sorry about the spelling!). Carrot is doing alot this time i think (which as he is getting married soon is a big deal!!).

I am trying to help out and do my bit by keeping this thread as up to date as possible!!

H

Halo 14

I might be able to attend although it will depend upon the venue to be honest. If the venue has a bar...I'm there!

If I get drunk (highly likely) then you may get to see my scar...*grins*

seriously though, I have been playing this game for bloody years and have yet to attend any function or get together associated with it. Thats kinda criminal really.

It would be nice to see who's who...I will get myself a big "Halo 14" T-shirt printed up and a matching gum shield.

B

Barbed Wire

As far as i understand it having a bar is a pre-requisite!!

Both the of the meets i have attended (London last year and Nottingham in November) were held in pubs so i think that we can safely say that there will be alcohol for those that want it.

*grins*

Not sure i want to see your scar though Halo.....*tries not peek*

S

shaunboy

Well i will definatly be there/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Hmm glad we are having another hopefully ill get off my arse and go chat to people this time/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Halo fella you better pop along i fancy my chances in meeting you/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

H

hopfull

My dear halo
If you insist on showing your Scar,i will be forced itno playing my trump card,and show me Vasectomy Scar(haveing it done a few weeks before the meet,well having it done agian first time it did not work)*smiles*

So you keep your bum under Raps and i will keep my Scrotum under Raps!!!!

S

shaunboy

Haha you get him told Hop fella!!!
Just dont show yours bud whatever the circumstances/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Id have a scar for life myself then!!!
Id be scared for life!!!!!!/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

S

shaunboy

Hmm zole you live in london of course your coming/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

S

shaunboy

Think ill shack at yours bud/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
If thats ok with your mum of course/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Yes the meet will be held in a pub or bar of some sort...

We are endeavouring to make sure that those under 18 will be able to gain access to the meeting area as well.

A web site will be going up soon, and that will contain all relevent details of how to get there and where to stay.

It will have links to the relevent public transport services, and hotels.

And we will make our own recomendations on accomodation based on price and location. We may be able to book a group discount, but remember, sharing a room halves the cost.

While we are ownly officially allowed 2 adults to a room, at the last london meet, a few extras crashed over, and as there were quite a few (about 30 at least) who travelled back in a group together, there was no real way for them to check (plus we all looked weird to them /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif)

As mentioned, I am getting married on the 21st of June, Kragen Ironfist will be my best man as he is (for those that don't know) my real life twin brother. So yes, organising this, along with my wedding and a very hectic work schedule is difficult. But I can assure you, with the team we have working on it, things will happen.

Watch This Space

S

shaunboy

Sweet on the marrage parrot fella/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Aye i remmeber smuggling zole into my room at the last meet!!!
shame he wasnt gm stealth/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

I'll leave all the struggle of finding the place to zole he lives there!!
I'm sure he will be better than the local police at nottingham who didnt know where the meet was/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Sure they get paid jsut to wear that uniform/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

G

weha i think i can be there (living in london and all, dont really have an excuse not to /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

T

themightyweez

Really looking forward to meeting some of you peeps at last. I shall be there with bells on.

S

shaunboy

Heh i wonder if ive got any fans/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
So shaun i loved the babble you produced on thursday night it was top quality/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Hey it could happen/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

G

yeah but what if you woke up?
not so much a smuggle if i pay my share /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

S

shaunboy

Hmm true i think you did but it was two per room and i had to sleep on the floor...

S

shaunboy

Well i have to be kind to the guest/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif
Hmm so im crashing at yours can we get tube home at 1am?
you cna have the sofa bed at yours im having the bed/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

G

hmm well if people will go out later or something, might be more fun to hang aroun longer,so mabye try grab a night bus.
its easy in the west end.

G

Whats a "Vasectomy"? Im not very good at english medical terms /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

G

It's an operation to ensure that you don't have any more kiddies. They either sever or clip the tubes going from your testicles to your tackle.

G

I'll be up for that, come an have a few beers and then get a cab home /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

G

Having missed the last one by inches due to lousy timing, I will do my best to get to this one.

S

shaunboy

w00t a few bevvies eh badger!!!!
im looking forward to drinknig a nice cold pint with ya!!!

G

Okay, given that I live within spitting distance of London, I feel I may have to come along. What's involved? Is it an all day thing or just an evening do?

G

more than likely an all day type thing. mid day onwards. tho nothings confirmed.

S

shaunboy

Hmm last one we met from around 2pm but i think me zole and killerspoon got there early then more and more peeps gather and we drink and meet peeps/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Then the pubs kick us out!!!

R

Rizem

If zole was there early half the people probably looked in the window and carried on walking /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

D

Diabarra

I'll do my best to be there as long as the time/place is firmed up!!

Shame I moved to Cardiff from London at the end of last year!! Still, I've many friends around the area who can put me up...

S

shaunboy

Haha and i wondered why we had such a low turnout/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif
Nah the last meet was great hope to see more stratics boardies though the last one was pretty empty with our boardies

H

Halo 14

Ref: Hopefull's vasectomy scar...I know, I'm a bit late on this one but I aint read this thread in a few days.

Anyhoo, sorry to burst your bubble matey but...

1) I have already had a vasectomy (The process where the vas differens are cut and clamped to prevent "issue") so I can also show my "scar"...

2) The procedure is classed as "keyhole surgery" and as such leaves little to no scar tissue of notable size/visibility.

Aaaah, I remember it well! A nice German doctor and his luvverly female assistant. It was a warm summery afternoon and the birds were twittering in the trees, the screams of pain, the anguish, the sounds of German cursing as I almost ripped a radiator from his surgery wall. Lashings of cold sweat as the internal anaesthetic (sp?) failed miserably leaving yours truly with almost full sensation as he sliced through my supernoodles! Aye, that radiator had it coming!

Then two weeks of absolute hell as my undercarriage filled with blood and got infected. Aye, its a nice wee op to have matey. The most common description I have heard about it is "its like the sensation of being hoofed in the gonads by a horse...for two weeks" although I must admit that I disagree.

Its like having your pods slammed in the fridge door...for two weeks!

But hey, listen to me gabbing away about an OT subject! Cant wait to meet all you fellow boardies and have a jar or two with you. Who knows, we might not all be 12 year old boys wearing gangsta rap t-shirts afterall...*cringes*

S

shaunboy

Heh you just love filling up threads with your pain and suffering dont you halo matey?/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif
Hmm ill be enjoying a few jars with people as well/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Cant go to a pub and not drink god thats nearly as bad as treachery to your country for gods sake/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

G

Sounds good!
I'm only down the road (Basildon, Essex).

BTW - theres a nice pub in Pimlico - bout 5 mins walk from the Tube that another group I frequent (FlashKit) have been know to use from time to time!
Not the cheapest beert in the world, but they do a damn fine pint of Fullers.
Run by Aussies, and there was this right fit lass behind the bar /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

G

We'll have to see whether it's possible to get the time off etc. since we're in the South-East of the Netherlands which isn't exactly next door.

On the other hand, The two countries are right next to each other, with only a drop of water in between.

D

Diabarra

mmmmm, fit lass, fullers...

This pub sounds like a dead cert!!

I

I the Mage

I guess i will come as well.. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif see if i can drag a few friends with me /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trammel i hope - otherwise i would be scared to come - to much PvPers and PKs there /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

G

I know what ya mean!
Me being a Brummie, this Essex place is sheer hell! Make Iraq look damn accomdating.

But hey ho - should be moving an a few months - hopefully.

I'll try and find the name of the pub too!
And its got 2 nice pool tables - although last time was there the one near the window got attacked by your truly and an over zelous pint of Guiness /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

B

Barbed Wire

Right peeps we really need to start listing names so that we know roughly how many people are coming so i will start the ball rolling:

Barbed Wire
Gandacalla