• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Sticky]Its Not Over Till The Pics are posted!! (preferably links please) (Meet update)

S

shaunboy

Im comnig/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Think kas's brother acid is comnig me and zole are in the process of putting pressure on him/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

G

Im 99% There!
Should all be OK, may be moving to Southend before then but hey - its on the same train line!
So Long as I can be in Liverpool Street by Midnight Im OK! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

If you want I'll find out the name of said booze hole in Pimlico, and I may give em a ring to see if we can get a discount on the bevvies /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Just tip me the word:

[email protected]?subject=UOMeet

T

themightyweez

If it's still 26th July and I can get there from darkest Essex, then yes absolutely, try to stop me. The last time someone in my family missed a piss-up was sometime back before the Boer War. Where is this going off, has it been decided yet?

G

darkest essex? London isnt exactley hard to get too from here mate /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif
Where in Essex are you anywho?

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope i will make it.

Will do my best to come - but my business is kinda 'unforcastable' /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

G

Can anyone tell meh if there's a webbie containing cheap hotel info? Me and me gf might wanna come, but we'll have to check if we can afford it /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif (travelling from the Netherlands, getting hotel, etc)

B

Barbed Wire

As yet the venue hasnt been confirmed which means that the website containing all the relevent information hasnt been set up *sighs*

As soon as i have any details at all i will post them here.

B

Big_Geoff

Rightho you can count me in. I seem to remember the last London one being fun and Im only down the road in Dartford so it would be rude not to.

Oh and just to jog your memories, heres a picture of the back of my head from the last london meet. Oh theres some people in the foreground too but they probably arent important

Player of Big Geoff(FFL) and Mina(SBX)

G

i know thats busty wench heh i dont think i got any photos taken in the last one i was too shy/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif
(shaunboy)

B

Barbed Wire

Just to keep you all informed, there was some problem finding a venue. I am now working on it, have a shortlist and am going to check em out on Monday. I will let you all know what happens!

B

Barbed Wire

We have a venue, i have put all the details in my first post on page 1. It was a long hard trek to find the perfect venue but i think that with a little help from my friend (namely Zole, thanks for tagging along) we found it!

Under 18 ARE allowed provided that they dont mess around (us oldies have to supervise ya!) so roll on the 26th!!

D

Dusk910

'Lo Barb, it's Dusk from aeons past in UO.

It'd be great to meet you lot face-to-face, but sadly I live miles away from London and I'm kind of skint anyway at the moment, so I'm going to have to pass this one up.

I hope the rest of you have a great time though, even those of you who have no idea who I am or what I'm blithering on about!

I

imported_Blade Swinger

Mmm a few I-C might make the trip down to london, Im not sure about coming yet since I'll need to fly down.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Mmm a few I-C might make the trip down to london, Im not sure about coming yet since I'll need to fly down.

<hr></blockquote>
translation : i shouted at them until they said yeah ,ok, ill try!

I

imported_Blade Swinger

Okay Im coming hopefully just gotta arrange flights down from here. Anyone else planning on flying down from Aberdeen? Could always meet up ^^

Staying at zoles for a few nights with a few of the others mofos.

C

CassuisOfEuropa

Im there if i can
a) blag the goss into lettin me have the day off and
b) blag the bank manager to gimme some cash :p

T

themightyweez

I wouldn't miss this. After all, you'll need help drinking all that beer.

T

themightyweez

Had a couple of lovely pints this very afternoon. Could just use another...

S

Sonez1

I'll try and make it /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

K

Kadger

I should be coming, gimmie a chance to bug the hell out of EEV guys in person to lemme join =)

G

Damn.

i'll probably be in Monaco on vaction that time...
I would've loved to come...

Don't forget the wear name tags all...
Unless you really look a lot like your char.

i defentaly don't.
I wish...

Anyways !
Have a great meeting !
Be sure to take some pictures all..
And post or publish them soemwhere...
So we can al see... who was there /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

Greetings
-Mina-

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd come but the general reaction is often;

"You're Kas Valentine....? I pictured you a lot differently."

Should I change my signature or what...? What is it about me that makes people think I'm going to be an inch high pixel bloke with red hair..? Heh heh heh, just jestin'. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/bigglasses.gif

If I have the cash, then I'd love to go to a meet in situated somewhere in the Mayfair, wahey, bling bling!

S

shaunboy

Heh kas if you go to the meet you cant stay in one place for more than 5 mins due to your fame/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
"oh kas come over here"
"kas come meet my friend"
"KAS!!!!!!"
"omg its kas"

Heh i even joined in in the calling of "Kas"/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
You better come fella heh i can guarantee i wont be one of those people that says "your kas valentine"/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif(well i probably will but jsut to take the piss)
And bring acid too!!!
Dont let him hide in his room having fun bring him along!!

B

Barbed Wire

Kas you have to come (and everyone else too!). I picture everyone differently to their actual characters, that is all part of the fun! No doubt people think of me differently too.

I would be sorely disappointed if someone didnt turn up purely because of how someone may or may not view them. This supposed to be a meet for people not pixels, leave your in character prejudices behind and bring the person behind the computer, then everyone will be happy.

B

Barbed Wire

Ok moving swiftly on to the next order of business - the hotel. Its nice if everyone can stay in the same place (we did in Nottingham and it was great). Its been generally discussed and the consensus of opinion is to stay at the travel inn at Euston. We suggest that people share rooms to halve the cost (and although they only like two adults to a room if we go in together then they wont know how many is where so we could get three to a room if necessary).

*winks at Shaunboy* same as Nottingham eh? *smiles*

Travel inn site: www.travelinn.co.uk

S

shaunboy

Haha Zole was the third one who shared the room not me!!/php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Im staying at chataeu Zole this time round though so its not a problem...well besides nix slamer joe and i think sonez are stopping too...
*gulps*

B

Barbed Wire

True, true *grins*

Anyhows anyone that is going to need someone to share with please put your name below asap so we can sort something out. We cant have anyone kipping in the streets!

The travel inn costs £74.95 per room per night Friday-Sunday, so for two sharing its just under £37.50 per person per night.

There are some links to the travel inn website and journey planners for London on the first post of this thread.

If anyone can think of anything else that we need to know drop me a line here and i will do my best to find it!

G

Trev's going!!

Hello everyone I haven't posted on her for a while (again) but I'm still around.
Not that anyone cares.

Nm.. *sobs*

Trev's Mum is going too so look out for some woman with Trev's Mum sticky label on (or whatever will be used)

B

Barbed Wire

I am trying to get a list of people who will be going (purely so i can get all your autographs *grins*)
So if you are heading our way add your name please!

<font color=blue>Definates</font color=blue>
Barbed Wire
Gandacalla
Shaunboy
Zole
Joe
Trevelyan
Trevs Mum
Blade Swinger
themightyweez
Kadger
I the Mage
hopfull
Big Geoff
BadgerSmaker
Halo14
Nuts
meru of europa
Trystos

<font color=blue>Possibles</font color=blue>
CassiusofEuropa
sonez
Rizem
Kas Valentine
Draklon
Crest Lavender
TheEnigma
Lord Sagan
Petra
Terry
Barian
Peelyposter
Garlen+5
TheEnigma
Jarred

*rushes off to check for more names*

L

Lord_Sagan

One more Dutchie on the list. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

B

Barbed Wire

*Grins*
ahh another convert!!
Is that a definate or a possible?

And of course these are only the names of people that have said they are going on Stratics, there are a lot more going from the Guildhall!

L

Lord_Sagan

Ill check the cost for ticket and hotel and ill let you know.

Which airport is best to fly to?

B

Barbed Wire

Right i will put you on the possible list then
and either Gatwick or Heathrow have easy links to central London.

I have a link to the travel inn website on the front page of the thread. Are you going to want someone to share with?

L

Lord_Sagan

Is there a Waldorf Astoria in London /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

I really dont mind sharing but alone aint problem either so just see how it works out

G

psh me joe slamer nixon and shaunboy
not sure if theres room for sonez to lol

S

Sonez1

Lol I will probably be getting train back to Poole that night for work the next day /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif If I decide to stop, one of eth's m8s has offered to put me up so I'm ok either way /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

G

Hmm, I'm toying with the idea of coming along. I do only live 35 minutes away from central London, so I haven't really got an excuse. Bit nervous though.
Aren't all UO players weird?

B

Barbed Wire

I was nervous for my first one but everyone was really friendly. Met some really cool people and generally had a great time.

Sure there was the initial "i dont know anyone" bit but we soon got over it. Just walk in and say hi to as many people as possible!

S

shaunboy

Hmm i didnt really know anyone at the last meet fella and i was truely bricknig myself but i went anyhow met loads of ingame friends it was tops/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Pop along and bring Kylie with you too eh?/php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

G

Well, providing I haven't got anything pressing to do on the day, I'll do my best to come along. Kylie may be on tour then, but if not, I'm sure she'd love to come along

G

ahem think he got banned tho i dunno :p
first meet for me was elite
only knew shaunboy, and even that was just for a few weeks.
he made me go, and met quite a few sound people
and barbed wire also :p

G

Garlen

Right, I hardly know you peeps so here's a perfect chance - I'll most probably be coming barbed, it depends if my mate's birthday (on the 25th also has anything planned for the daytime.... it's his 18th so chances are he'll be unconscious on saturday so chance are high i be there) -_-

Oh and with me there's about 5 possible's from my guild 'The Crimson Rogues' :]

BTW - know if they serve guiness in this place ? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

G

Don't know about everyone else, but I think I'll feel pretty weird walking into a pub and introducing myself to everyone as Peelyposter. It's bound to get confusing, trying to remember which real life name matches up with which user name. Are we going to have name tags?

Alternatively we could just print out our sigs and stick them to our foreheads