• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*SPOILER* client 7.0.18

• Thread starter UODevTracker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet dyes.... I have a feeling that since the art department can't handle dying most items without the 100% amateur paint swap that looks TERRIBLE... dying a pet (as from the pictures provided last time this concept came up) is going to be totally hideously UGLY. Dying pets without contrast is disgusting and until they can do it right I hope the heck that it's NEVER implemented.

Now... if by some miracle the art team is actually able to have decent dye that doesn't look like my 3 yr old Granddaughter did it... then by all means lets do it... I'm all for it... but for the love of the game PLEASE Not until it is done right.

Interesting side note, the art team doesn't do the dye colors. Don't ask me why, we just haven't. Dying is handled by Design. It has since I joined the team many moons ago. As a point of trivia (i.e. useless information), I'm against dying in general, but I'm against making 12 different "one-off" versions of assets more, so dying wins. In addition, I think the dye colors that design has been putting out lately have been WAY better than the ones I've seen in the past. I know for certain a lot more work has been put into it.

-Grimm

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but.. come on, really? Art Team, Design Team? we already know there is no one on the supposedly "QA Team".. so, how many *unique* people is working on each team? (by unique I mean people that isnt part of another team).

Again... Art Team, Design Team, Dev Team, QA Team... seems to me there are more "Teams" that actual people working on them.
Please, grimm, explain some to us since there is no boss (producer) right now :lick:
Well, that presupposes you know how many people are on the team. ;-)
Obviously, we don't discuss team member counts, but each of our teams are staffed. I've worked on 100+ person teams as well as a team of 3. So while the UO team isn't by any stretch the largest team I've worked on, I've worked on much smaller as well. I believe most of the others on the team can say the same.

-Grimm