• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[SPHS] Shard Fishing Tournament! 1/29-2/4 2017

Map

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Jarvis would like to know if he is accomplishing anything in this tourny, or if he is just wasting his time because he doesn't have High Seas.

Thanks much.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jarvis would like to know if he is accomplishing anything in this tourny, or if he is just wasting his time because he doesn't have High Seas.

Thanks much.
Is Jarvis in NOOB? They've got their own category of prize

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Thanks much.
Jarvis, you are already winning one of the categories. If you want to be salty about a free tournament, you are welcome to drop out and let your prize go to the next person in line.

Map

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
No, not salty at all, just didn't know how the tourny works, we're sorry, we are noobs on SP afterall. Sorry. :(

He just saw all the others names getting posted everywhere for fish he can't catch and was getting worried he wasn't accomplishing anything, lol. He will keep fishing away! Thanks Singer :)

Map

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
January 31st, 2017.
Journal Entry #13145.09,
Ocllo seems to be a dead-zone for Big Fish, only caught Five today (34, 70, 107, 142, and 160 stones). Maybe the rumors of all the pollution from the townspeople were actually true, and now the waters are fish-less except for a few mutant hybrids? We shall never truly know since no one but shopkeepers live there now. Jarvis was getting quite bored today fishing up next to nothing, so he got a little bit distracted and decided to work on his Cartography in the town of Luna. People walking by kept looking at him and his Dung Beetle with strange puzzled looks, (why is this mans beetle pooping out Sea Charts?) they were pondering to themselves, and a few even made comments directly at him "Son, you must be bored outta your mind." It was true, but who isn't while working up their skills? *laugh* We also sailed the seas looking for the elusive brothers Darth Sparrow and Garth Greybeard, but had no luck what-so-ever, we are starting to think these two are just a myth made up to scare newcomer fishermen... a high possibility, just like all the rumors about GIL members... how vicious and backstabbing they are, all stories that keep getting passed around day after day, and every single one of them have turned out to be lies. I have yet to meet any GIL that has done me any ill harm.

2017.01.31-At the sea.gif

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Tina Tink did some fishing too, not sure she did catch anything good and I do not want why she did bring that bag of smelling boots with her home. I offered to go with her to guard her, but looked at me as I was crazy and went to stable to get her pets.

I will let her tell herself.

Hello fellow fishermen and women

I had a great day on the sea. I choose to bring my loyal guardians Freka and Gere, and they did a good job. Freja would just had falled a sleep, and I would had been dead before I successed getting her to wake up and help me.
I got a lot of nice fish, I'm sure Rosalia can make some great fish pies and fisk steaks of them. I got a few "Big" fish too, non of them really big so they ended up as fish steak too. Not sure, what is wrong with Freke and Gere, they shaked their head everytime I tried to feed them with them, they only wanted meat so I had to kill some sheeps before we left New Magincia.

Sadly non of this really count as big fish.
Great Barracuda: 25, 26, 52, 72, 61, 20, 20, 65, 148, 122, 117, 65, 75
Big Fish: 40, 109, 19

Hopeful I will have better luck tomorrow

Tina Tink

upload_2017-2-1_16-45-14.png

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jarvis should win for at least telling tales instead of just posting what he caught at some absurd hour of the night. I wish the fish caught would tag the time of day it was caught.

The absurdity that someone would break the fishing rule of no fishing at night. Surely it must be considered cruel and inhumane to the poor creatures of the deep, to be awakened at an absurd hour of the night. A rule that states the actual time of day of the catch would go far in punishing those damn evildoing fishermen's who disrespect the fishing rules. GarthGrey let's be buds for this one common goal, and take your idea to Messanna. Maybe we could make a difference together and fish every where could sleep soundly during the absurd hours of the night.

178 stones Dungeon Pike 01/31/2017 :cool:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks like a busy day! My FIL is in town, I just logged to post some things I wrote earlier today, I'll update the leaderboard later tonight. Keep 'em coming folks, well done!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Updated leaderboard to correct an error (thanks Baby Doll for catching that!), Ellie I'm using the divisions of fish outlined on UO Guide.

Map

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Caught a record 14 total Big Fish yesterday, weeeeee! Will update this post later with photo and story, but as for now, dead tired and ready for bed :x Goodnight Siege.

Edit:
Sorry this took so long to get updated, it was a crazy busy day in my real world adventures... I just made the .gif real quick, don't have a great story to go along with the catches though :( ultra tired at this point.

Sizes: 6, 6, 16, 38, 43, 45, 56, 60, 73, 83, 123, 145, 175, and...... 192 stones :D
These were caught off the shores of good 'ol Trinsic.

G'night Siege.

14BigFish-2017.02.01.gif

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok, I added ii's records to the all-time board. Everything should be up to date on the leaderboard, please let me know if I have made a mistake. Little over 24 hours left folks, get out there and land that whopper!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Leaderboards updated! Ii still has a commanding lead on biggest fish, but Talia is crushing the all-time record categories!

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully I'll have more updates before the midnight end bell =)

The largest I have caught:

This is the smallest I caught but, as others have said, No sig or date =(

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was a crisp day for fishing in the Tokuno Islands. The lookouts were active trying to keep track of the Lord of the Seas.
and then ...............and this is no fish story!
By far the biggest I have ever caught!
Nice job catching a 225 stone Big Fish!
I think that might be the heaviest we'll find.
On uoguide they mention someone on the Origin shard caught one that was also 225 stones.

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Great Barracuda 168 stones, A Big Fish 10 stones (didn't date for some reason?? I don't know what's up with that, but I caught it during the tournament.), Stone Crab 125 stones, and Summer Dragonfish 152 stones.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Contest is over, everyone has until noon today, CST, to post final catches from yesterday. I'll update the leaders and announce winners then.

Creeger, 20 stone may be the lower limit for a date, but I'm only counting fish with dates. Some other folks had the same think happen to them. I have not update the board based on your last post, I'll get those with the stragglers at noon.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And the winners are......

Doc Martin award = (TIED) A Giant Koi, 20 stones, caught by ii, 2/2/2017 AND A Great Barracuda, 20 stones, caught by Skylark, 1/31/2017

PRIZE: A row boat plus a ship model of the H.M.S. Cape, Figurehead of the BMV Ararat (delivered)

So this is interesting, 20 stones seems to be the bottom limit for dates. The prize isn't setup for splitting, so I'm granting the prize to Skylark as the first to submit.

Biggest Regular fish = A Big Fish, 225 stones, caught by ii, 1/29/2017

PRIZE: Gargoyle Ship (dyed with fancy boat dye) plus a full set of BMV Ararat Stealables (Anchor, Bell, and Figurehead)

Biggest Rare fish = A Giant Koi, 188 stones, caught by Razzian, 2/3/2017

PRIZE: Orc Ship (With fancy boat dye) plus a full set of BMV Ararat Stealables (Anchor, Bell, and Figurehead) (delivered)

Biggest Legendary fish = Dungeon Pike, 178 stones, caught by Baby Doll, 1/31/2017

PRIZE: A Brittanian Ship (also with fancy dye) plus a full set of BMV Ararat Stealables (Anchor, Bell, and Figurehead) (delivered)

Biggest Crustacean = a Stone Crab, 125 stones, caught by Creeger, 2/3/2017

PRIZE: Ship model of the H.M.S. Cape, Figurehead of the BMV Ararat (delivered)

King of the Sea Bounty = UNCLAIMED

Biggest Fish overall (including Mud Puppies and Red Herrings) = A Big Fish, 225 stones, caught by ii, 1/29/2017

PRIZE: Emerald of the Rondorin Empire event drop (Makes seashore sound when clicked), Teal Green Special Hair Dye from Lady Melisandre, 300,000 gold for mounting the winning fish (We can provide the skill for this as well).

Winner of the [NOOB] prize was Jarvis!

[NOOB] guilded award, must have [NOOB] tag at close of tourney and have submitted the MOST ENTRIES for a new player, totaled from all categories.

PRIZE: 120 Stealth Powerscroll, 120 Resist Spells Powerscroll, Scroll of Alacrity Book, and 50,000 gold pieces. (delivered)

Best fishing tale (yarn?) write up posted in contest thread during tourney week, describes your fishing adventure (can be a "The One That Got Away Story", actual caught fish optional).

Winner = Jarvis (Map) (delivered)

PRIZE: Ship's Bell of the BMV Ararat, Scrapper's Compendium w/ Resisting Spells +10, SDI 25%, FC 1, FCR 1, LMC 10%.

Thank you all for a week of fine fishing! Winners ( @Baby Doll @Map @Creeger @Razz @ii ii @MissEcho ) please grab me in game or msg me a PM here to arrange prize pickup. Extra big thanks to Talia ( @Spiffykeen ) for the additional prizes, and a special applause to ii for landing a mega fish, a record not likely to be broken or tied for a very long time!

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was a nice little event, wish it could have ran longer. I was only able to locate 1 fisherman and he turned bow and ran , understandably as his hold was quite filled at the time. We need more seasonable events like this that can run monthly or longer; fishing season dates...hunting..crafting...etc. Regular things like this is what's been missing for this shard.

Map

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Tourny was fun fun fun :D thanks much! Towards the end we lacked on posting, RL caught up on us :\

Jarvis and Mapario are both in [NOOB] but only Jarvis participated in fishing, I don't fish, he does lol.
~NOOBtag-crop.jpg

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Congrats to the Winners, it's amazing resultats. Great job with the event Silent Singer.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Reminder folks, PM me here to coordinate prize pickup, otherwise I'll continue querying General Chat for you when I'm online.