• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[SPHS] Shard Fishing Tournament! 1/29-2/4 2017

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Attention Siege Perilous fisherfolk and liars!

Siege Perilous is so named because of the seat at Arthur's round table reserved for the knight who quested for the Grail. Quests give direction and inspiration. And in this case, competition!

I propose a quest, of sorts, for the largest big fish. The Siege Perilous Historical Society [SPHS] is sponsoring a fishing tournament for the shard. The tournament rules are detailed below:

What: Catch the largest fish in the allotted time. Each entry (you can have any number within the timeframe) must be recorded HERE in this thread with the following info:

Type (any type acceptable, including Red Herrings)
Weight in stones
Date caught as it appears on fish
Location caught

Optional info includes both a screenshot and story about the catch.

When: Server up Sunday, January 29th through Saturday, February 4, 2017
Entries MUST be posted here by NOON CST, Sunday, February 5th, 2017.
Fish caught outside the contest week are disqualified.

Who: Anyone can enter!
Why: Why not? Also, prizes. Prizes will be determined by beginning of contest and listed here. Prizes will be based on the following categories:

[NOOB] guilded award, must have [NOOB] tag at close of tourney and have submitted the MOST ENTRIES for a new player, totaled from all categories.

PRIZE: 120 Stealth Powerscroll, 120 Resist Spells Powerscroll, Scroll of Alacrity Book, and 50,000 gold pieces.

Best fishing tale (yarn?) write up posted in contest thread during tourney week, describes your fishing adventure (can be a "The One That Got Away Story", actual caught fish optional).

PRIZE: Ship's Bell of the BMV Ararat, Scrapper's Compendium w/ Resisting Spells +10, SDI 25%, FC 1, FCR 1, LMC 10%.

The Doc Martens award, smallest weighted fish caught during the tourney (actual fish required).

PRIZE: A row boat plus a ship model of the H.M.S. Cape, Figurehead of the BMV Ararat

Biggest Regular fish (This category represents A Big Fish [catchable at 80 fishing skill], Mudpuppies, and Red Herrings. Those last two are accessible TO ANYONE as they are part of an Underworld quest).

PRIZE: Gargoyle Ship (dyed with fancy boat dye) plus a full set of BMV Ararat Stealables (Anchor, Bell, and Figurehead)

Biggest Rare fish.

PRIZE: Orc Ship (With fancy boat dye) plus a full set of BMV Ararat Stealables (Anchor, Bell, and Figurehead)

Biggest Legendary fish.

PRIZE: A Brittanian Ship (also with fancy dye) plus a full set of BMV Ararat Stealables (Anchor, Bell, and Figurehead)

Biggest Crustacean.

PRIZE: Ship model of the H.M.S. Cape, Figurehead of the BMV Ararat

Biggest Fish overall (including Mud Puppies and Red Herrings).

PRIZE: Emerald of the Rondorin Empire event drop (Makes seashore sound when clicked), Teal Green Special Hair Dye from Lady Melisandre, 300,000 gold for mounting the winning fish (We can provide the skill for this as well).

King of the Sea Award = The first player (or players) to damage the ship, board it, and kill GarthGrey (or Valar Morghulis) and provide a screenshot of Garth's body, themselves, and the damaged ship will win the Pirate's Bounty.

PRIZE: 1,000,000 gold pieces, and the right to call themselves King of the Sea, deposing the current King, GarthGrey.

These are the initial prizes. If possible I will add to them as the week continues. Any individual or guild that wishes to sponsor additional prizes can post here or PM me.

To refresh your memory, here are the different categories and breeds of fish listed:

Fish - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Finally, in a following post after this one I will have an area for the daily leaderboard and shard records. The daily leaderboard will be updated each day of the tourney based on the posts you submit in this thread. The shard records I will update based on posts from you all showing previously caught fish. A screenshot of the breed and weight MUST be included for the historical record entry.

Please note, Mud Puppies, Red Herrings, and Tall Tales (fishing stories) are all possible without being a fisherman. You could even knock out the goblin quest in the underworld while doing this and kill two birds with one stone.

Now hit the water, and keep a sharp eye out for Garth or Talia. (And I would strongly recommend you not leave a boat sitting unattended, because Lord British help you if you're unattended boat gets in the way of one of them cruising!)

Edit: Added a category for all you pirates!
Edit 2: Added initial prizes
Edit 3: Fixed Regular Fish entry to now refer to A Big Fish, Mudpuppies, and Red Herrings only.
Edit 4: Added Talia's ships to the prize pool

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
2017 Fishing Tournament Leaderboard as of 1/29/2017

Doc Martin award = A Giant Koi, 20 stones, caught by ii, 2/2/2017 AND A Great Barracuda, 20 stones, caught by Skylark, 1/31/2017

Biggest Regular fish = A Big Fish, 225 stones, caught by ii, 1/29/2017

Biggest Rare fish = A Giant Koi, 188 stones, caught by Razzian, 2/3/2017 Fairy Salmon, 187 stone, caught by Talia, 1/30/2017 Great Barracuda, 173 stones, caught by Sara Dale, 1/29/2017, , Unicorn Fish, 170 stone, caught by Baby Doll 01/30/2017, Summer Dragonfish, 121 stones, caught by Sara Dale, 1/29/2017

Biggest Legendary fish = Dungeon Pike, 178 stones, caught by Baby Doll, 1/31/2017

Biggest Crustacean = a Stone Crab, 125 stones, caught by Creeger, 2/3/2017

King of the Sea Bounty =

Biggest Fish overall (including Mud Puppies and Red Herrings) = A Big Fish, 225 stones, caught by ii, 1/29/2017

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ALL TIME SIEGE PERILOUS FISHING RECORDS:

Biggest Regular fish = A Big Fish, 225 stones, caught by ii, 1/29/2017

Mud Puppy
Red Herring
A Big Fish = 225 stones, caught by ii, 1/29/2017

Biggest Rare fish =

Autumn Dragonfish = 119 stones, caught by Talia, 2/3/2017
Bull Fish
Crystal Fish
Fairy Salmon =187 stones, caught by Talia, 1/30/2017
Fire Fish = 142 stones, caught by Talia, 12/2/2014
Giant Koi = 188 stones, caught by ii, 3/1/2016 AND 188 stones, caught by Razzian, 2/3/2017
Great Barracuda = 203 stones, caught by IQ, 3/8/2016
Holy Mackerel = 165 stones, caught by Talia, 2/3/2017
Lava Fish = 29 stones, caught by Talia, 10/18/2014
Reaper Fish = 118 stones, caught by Talia, 2/2/2017
Summer Dragonfish = 191 stone caught by Sara Dale 3/7/2014
Unicorn Fish = 170 stone caught by Baby Doll, 1/30/2017
Yellowtail Barracuda

Biggest Legendary fish =

Abyssal Dragonfish
Black Marlin = 155 stones, caught by ii, 3/17/2015
Blue Marlin
Dungeon Pike = 178 stones, caught by Baby Doll, 1/31/2017
Giant Samurai Fish = 178 stones, caught by ii, 3/21/2015
Golden Tuna = 139 stones, caught by Razzian, 2/4/2017
Kingfish = 197 stones, caught by ii, 3/15/2015
Lantern Fish
Rainbow Fish
Seeker Fish
Spring Dragonfish = 83 stones, caught by Talia, 3/20/2016
Stone Fish = 93 stones, caught by Talia, 3/17/2016
Winter Dragonfish = 120 stones, caught by Leprechaun, 3/11/2016
Zombie Fish

Biggest Crustacean = Stone Crab = 139 stone, caught by Talia, 3/15/2016

Blue Lobster = 107 stone, caught by Talia, 12/25/2014
Stone Crab = 139 stone, caught by Talia, 3/15/2016

Biggest Fish overall (including Regular Fish) = A Big Fish, 225 stones, caught by ii, 1/29/2017

Edit: Fixed the Regular Fish snafu, thanks all!

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great! Unfortunately, I dont have much time for fishing. But good lock for everyone!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great idea, I'm going to rain on it by saying the same people who always seem to fish all hours of the day, will more than likely win this again. But that's ok, because I'll be out there, and I WILL FIND YOU and I"ll be posting screenies myself. :pirate:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With the start date quickly approaching (THIS SUNDAY!) I've added each fish species to the Siege All-Time Record board above. If you see a fish on public display that beats the current leader, please post a screenshot OR the details and where to find it. I'll try to verify and add it to the board. Those of you who have record breakers in a private home, you MUST post a screenshot for proof (I mean, this is fishing, we're all liars at heart).

PS I'll add the crustaceans later, I'm done for the day here....

Map

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Darnit, we thought this event started Saturday morning.. already started catching and keeping Big Fish. Welp, continuing to wait, glad we rechecked, lol

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I have never done fishing. Is it a hard skill to do? Do you have to do anything special to catch stuff? I want to try this I like doing events like this more than em events

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Planters, you just get a fishing pole and use it. However, there are a few ways to participate in this event without fishing. See above.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok folks, I've added the initial prizes, get out there and fish / pirate / spin a tall tale, starting at midnight tonight! I'll update the leaderboard through the weeks, contact me if you want to sweeten the pot or sponsor additional prizes!!!

Cpt Piddlewash

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Biggest Regular fish =

Mud Puppy
Red Herring

Amberjack
Black seabass
Blue Grouper
Bluefish
Bluegill Sunfish
Bonefish
Bonito
Brook Trout
Cape Cod
Captain Snook
Cobia
Crag Snapper
Cutthroat Trout
Darkfish
Demon Trout
Drake Fish
Dungeon Chub
Gray snapper
Green Catfish
Grim Cisco
Haddock
Infernal Tuna
Kokanee Salmon
Lurker Fish
Mahi-Mahi
Orc Bass
Pike
Pumpkinseed Sunfish
Rainbow Trout
Red Drum
Red Grouper
Red snook
Redbelly bream
Shad
Smallmouth bass
Snaggletooth bass
Tarpon
Tormented Pike
Uncommon Shiner
Walleye
Yellow Perch
Yellowfin Tuna
The "regular" fish listed do not vary in weight except the mud puppy and red herring. They are always 10 stones.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Really? I thought I remembered being able to land a lare regular fish? It has been several years since I fished or hosted one of these, I'll go back and edit when I can......my bad.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My vendor at Gil Vendors has fishing poles stocked. If I run out let me know and Ill add more. Esa is there at the Makoto moongate. Sara Dale

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am pretty sure that Big Fish can be caught with out High Seas. I am asking around...

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok all, I've fixed the Regular Fish snafu, so everything should be set for tomorrow. I'd like to point out that Garth's addition of a full Orc Ship as loot bumps up the King of the Sea bounty to several million gold value. So break out yer best pirating talk, ye bilge rats!

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
do you want the fish turned in anywhere or do you want just screen shots? I saw 2 listed caught but no pictures of them.

There is a Summer Dragonfish trophy at the Governers Hall, 2nd floor top of stairs from the last fishing contest. 191 stone caught by Sara Dale 3.7.2014

In Blackthorns dining room and kitchen there is a Blue lobster (dining room) 20 stone, caught by Garfield and Great Barracuda (kitchen) 203 stone caught by IQ.

Heading out to catch more.

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For All Time records, I just need the info and location where I can verify, but a screenshot would be best. I added 2 listings to the Siege Record for the two fish upstairs at the EM Hall by Brit moongate.

No one has entered a fish for the tourney thus far, but I just need a screenshot or a location where it is publicly available to verify. I do not need the fish to be droppedoff anywhere. Thanks for bringing those to my attention, I'll get them listed today!

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seem to remember that fish are locked down or mounted from past fishing contest at: safehaven hub, Blackthorns castle and Gil museum.

Map

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Going to try this again, I am new to Stratics, lol...

My buddy Jarvis wanted me to share these with you guys... All of these BIG FISH jumped into his boat all at the same time!! All in a huge pile like this!!! ;) Caught around the shores of Trinsic :D

Weights: 5 stones, 8 stones, 9 stones, 49 stones, 54 stones, 86 stones, 91, 99, and 125 stones!

Will keep posting like this if this is acceptable :D

[NOOB].jpg 01, 9 Stones.jpg 02, 5 Stones.jpg 03, 49 Stones.jpg 04, 91 Stones.jpg 05, 8 Stones.jpg 06, 54 Stones.jpg 07, 99 Stones.jpg 08, 86 Stones.jpg 09, 125 Stones.jpg

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Wish I had time for fishing, maybe I will get a little time at my day off Wednesday.
Good catch all. ;)

Map

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Today's grueling Big Fish catches... 12, 23, 28, 34, 48, 79, 86, 93, 96, 124, 127, 156, 164, 172, and 193 stones: for a grand total of 1435 stones of Big Fish!

It was a rough day on the High Seas of Jhelom, the winds were non-stop blowing our vessel and we didn't have an anchor heavy enough to keep us in place. But we pushed on and kept fishing, searching for the best trophy fish we can pull up. An entire day spent at sea, and 15 Big Fish later we still have yet to claim the biggest of all Big Fish! He is still out there though... lurking in those deep blue waters of Sosaria... We will catch you, mark our words!!!

15BigFish-Jarvis.gif

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Talia has added some additional prizes!

Row boat for the Doc Marten's Award
Gargoyle Ship (dyed with fancy boat dye) for biggest reg fish
Orc Ship (With fancy boat dye) for biggest rare fish
Brit Ship (Also with fancy dye) for biggest legendary

I will update the post above to include these new prizes with the existing ones, Tourney runs through Saturday, still plenty of time to fish!