• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Speedhacks and You.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speed hacks make no difference if your computer and ping doesn't suck. :( Don't complain about something you can fix.

L

Limlight

The only speedhacking that is ridiculous are the people who are skipping tiles.

Other then that...the only thing ridiculous are these people running right through bagballs, candlabras and gravestones.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, since this thread is still going I got a comment about speedhacks...
I am starting to think that less people use speedhacks than we think. I think that all the claims we see by people are just pissed off players who got owned and just don't want to admit that they got beat fairly.

That and people who just don't know or want to believe that there are players who really have a great connection better than theirs.

C

Cloak&Dagger

You know, since this thread is still going I got a comment about speedhacks...
I am starting to think that less people use speedhacks than we think. I think that all the claims we see by people are just pissed off players who got owned and just don't want to admit that they got beat fairly.

That and people who just don't know or want to believe that there are players who really have a great connection better than theirs.
This is probably true, but it is also true that there are people who use them. If your connection really cant be beat (because there is a limit to how fast the servers will let you ping to them) and assuming you have a half way decent computer, it is likely people who skip around screen are speed hacking. I wont accuse anyone of it, but does not mean no one does it (also does not mean I wont complain about it to friends when I see it happening lol) To me, the only thing a speed hack allows other people is the ability to get away when they are being beat, I have never blamed losing a fight on someone speed hacking, I have blamed not winning on it tho. :p

H

house4saleUO

Well lets just take a vote now. Who thinks EA would loose a crap load of money if they banned all the speeders??? Wow I felt the wind from the hands raising!!! Thats why they don't do anything about it!!. Its all about the green baby. Instead they like to hand out bands for some poor sap standing in his house working a skill on a macro while he goes and makes a sandwich, tisk, tisk, shame on you for not sitting there bug-eyed and hungry!

i dont understand!! EA hasnt done anything to correct this for 10+ yrs, so you can drop your hopes, you have 3 options, a) get speedhack yourself, b) dont get speedhack and die more, c) quit the game

:next:

QUOTE=Alezi;1236870]Can you please start handing out friggin' bans for speedhacking?

Can you make them legal so that everyone can use speedhacks? Maybe even post a link to a speedhack or make a speedhack of your own so that no one has the advantage of going 3x the normal running speed?
[/QUOTE]