[Lumberjacking] Special Wood :(

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
B

Benabhi

Hello everyone first of all I apologize for my English. I wanted to ask whether it is possible that with 84% of skill in woodcutter has not even cut a single oak or some other type of special timber

Thanks!

translation by google xD :sad3:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
the answer is two-part.

1. If your account isn't enabled for Mondain's Legacy (or 9th edition), your chance of getting anything other than normal wood, is ZERO.

2. If your account is enabled for one of those expansions, it is possible, just not all that likely.

I suggest going into the ultima-registration.com and making sure that you have an account that has access to Mondain's Legacy or 9th Anniversary content.

B

Benabhi

it may be that not even completed 14 days of trial?

I paid 12.99 for an account might be able to get past the wood special testing time?

Thaks

again forgiveness for my English

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
What kind of trial account? The trial accounts offered online, as far as I know, AREN'T ML or 9th Anniversary enabled. They are effectively Samurai Empire or Age of Shadows enabled, depending on where you got them online.

M

MercyMixed

If you have Mondain you will get colored woods at about 94 and I couldn't work them in cabnetry until I could chop frostwood. If your not seeing color wood and you think your high enough then click on your tool and look at the interface of the tools options. Down on the lower part of that interface you can see a pick button that gives you the option of color or no color. I hit that by accident and was making furniture out of blood wood and it looked like regular wood.

S

shipwrek

I have 100 LJ, Mondains Legacy, and only see oak, yew, ash, and ordinary. I have not seen the frost, bloodwood, or any others if there are. I am also seeing tree bark, fungi, and switches.

All trees can yield all woods, right, or do I need to visit different areas of trees to see those other woods?

I'm not sure if I am missing an expansion or if my account is bugged.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
All trees can EVENTUALLY produce all woods - it does't mean that it will actually happen any time soon. There's a combined 6% chance that one of the top three woods (frostwood, bloodwood, heartwood, all of which require 100 skill) will result from a resource square changing type. And, the chance of a resource square changing is fairly low, despite what it seems sometimes.

So, if you chop the same tree over and over, it might take 100-200 trips (ans several thousand chops) for it to switch to one of those high-end woods.

S

shipwrek

So is it a better strategy to visit a lot of different trees, rather than a few of the same trees if one hopes to get the more rare woods?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
I'd probably go something in between.

hit the same 50-100 trees every time. Enough to where you'll see when a change occurs, while not being totally random.