• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Sonoma EM Chimaera?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Event Moderators – Ultima Online Seems we are to have another EM? Or is this a mistake at the EM News link of UO.com? So far I have not seen anything else of confirming this name. If we are to get a new EM, I have three requests, a meet and greet on Sonoma so all can say hello, that the current story line continues, (If all possible) and the ranks that were assign on our lanterns be changed to something more in keeping with the history of Ultima Online. Here a sample of PAS ranks.

PAS ranks
[bcolor=#faebd7]Guildsman [/bcolor]
[bcolor=#faebd7]Squire [/bcolor]
[bcolor=#faebd7]Knight [/bcolor]
[bcolor=#faebd7]ArchKnight [/bcolor]
[bcolor=#faebd7]Crusader [/bcolor]
[bcolor=#faebd7]Cavalier [/bcolor]
[bcolor=#faebd7]Templar [/bcolor]
[bcolor=#faebd7]Elder [/bcolor]

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I happen to like my lantern the way it is thank you. I have zero involvement with PAS and I see no need to use their ranking system.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I happen to like my lantern the way it is thank you. I have zero involvement with PAS and I see no need to use their ranking system.
It was just a suggestion, the rank can be adjusted to any system, I am just not to keen on being called a cadet, the current rank Drakelord has on his lantern, sounds so Navy. There was a thread here of the ranking systems Willow had that I replied to putting ranks across from her ranks. But that thread is no longer a sticky and I assume was removed or is lost somewhere in the vast seas of threads here.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
ok I found that old thread here was her ranking system

Recruit
Private
Corporal
Sergeant
Sergeant Major
Cadet
Ensign
Lieutenant
Knight

And here is my suggestion

Guildsman = Recruit
Squire = Private
Knight = Corporal
ArchKnight = Sergeant
Crusader = Sergeant Major
Cavalier = Cadet
Templar = Ensign
Elder = Lieutenant
King's Royal Guard = Knight

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was wondering what was going on the EM Willow thing.. Seems we go through EM's like paper towels. I agree with S_S my lantern is fine also no need to change them.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Image2.jpg
Oh don't get me wrong I like the idea of a blessed lantern, I wish it was spell channel as well. I just do not like the Cadet. I think I will ask for a demotion in rank back to Sergeant Major, and no promotions after that as I do not like any of the Officer ranks. Who knows maybe EM CHIMAERA will toss the lantern idea out and have us start all over once more as Recruits. I like the blessed timepieces on another shard. I like the old boots I have as well that say Sergeant

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wouldnt expect a ranking system anymore, yes, its up to the EMs if they want to do it, but as a whole the system seems to be being phased out. These items were meant to to be a way for players who never got drops under top damager system to at least get something eventually. We no longer really need that under the current system.

Ive actively participated in the ranking systems on Napa, Chesapeake, Catskills, Atalantic, Great Lakes, Sonoma, and Origin, but most of those shards have now abandoned the systems almost entirely. The only one that keeps up with it with any reliability is Great Lakes now. I would say the worst is chesapeake and catskills. had been actively participating for a few years, was promised rank items. twice. never actually got anything. then the new EMs just started over and thru all points out the door. Also now that items are shard bound, most collectors of rank items have simply stopped doing it.

Theres also been repeated issues with these items disappearing off mannequins, another problem that would have to be adressed before any name-specific items are given out again.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just a friendly reminder before this gets out of hand: let's keep this on topic and not devolve to accusation or insinuation. Thanks.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a friendly reminder before this gets out of hand: let's keep this on topic and not devolve to accusation or insinuation. Thanks.
This stuff in the Counselar Hall that went missing is NOT a rumor, Willow told me and at least 2 people in the same conversation that she took it out of the hall to "clean up" the hall but she didn't know for sure where she put the stuff.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Humorous....People spouting conspiracy when they have no idea how things work.

blend

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm not know Sonoma is this case
Izumo and origin have lost items of reward Hall by the Publish 94 bug of the preceding shard

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Drakelord I'm not a fan of my lantern saying cadet either... sounds like a lower rank to me despite being the highest possible at the time. oh well

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Humorous....People spouting conspiracy when they have no idea how things work.
Since you know more than everyone else, why don't you stop the speculation and contribute something useful instead of adding to it?

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I hope the story line is continued so we can get the other half of this at the finish of it.

Image6.jpg

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
BUMP

ok I found that old thread here was her ranking system

Recruit
Private
Corporal