• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some thoughts about how to keep our new young players

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IT seems To me alot fo this thread has gone away from what we can do to problems with the game we cant fix, Just my two cents. IVe talked with freja and will work towards helping new player with what we discussed, I would think that would be better way to hit out goal, is to see what people say on here that can be done. then ask what can we do? cuz we cant change the game
The people mainly contributing to this thread (sans Corwin who hasn't played in a decade) have done exactly what you have described for years, upon years, some more than a decade even. If they speak, people should listen.

There's no harm in rallying around a loot fix. In fact, it's probably a smarter move than most are giving any thought. Weeks/months ago the Dev team reiterated their game development focus would be on the shards with insurance. They have been frustrated by how divergent Siege is with the other shards and the amount of time they've needed to step to the side to address Siege. If they were to address the loot on Siege, this would be a huge step towards bringing Siege in line and help the Developers with what they're focusing their energy on.

The only reason I opened my mouth was because of things the developers have said and done. This suggestion should be viewed as a win-win for both them and us. The idea is saturated with incentive to make it happen.

:)

Last edited:

Chrysallis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skunk, my recommendation is come back to Siege, and find a good guild to join, that will help you acclimate and get on your feet. There are a lot of wonderful guilds on the shard, and the community is very generous. Ask for help and you will find out what I say is accurate. Peace be with you.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
IT seems To me alot fo this thread has gone away from what we can do to problems with the game we cant fix, Just my two cents. IVe talked with freja and will work towards helping new player with what we discussed, I would think that would be better way to hit out goal, is to see what people say on here that can be done. then ask what can we do? cuz we cant change the game
Yes that was what my thread was about, we can all do something to help the shard, that be running good vendors or helping our new Citizens in the wilderness, when they try to survive in this land, that is very different from what they came from.
I believe all know what they can do to help and most do try to help even when they sometimes forget :)

Last edited:

CorwinWE2

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey CorwinWe2, Was your name Corwin of Amber on LS? back around year 2000
Yep, that was me. My guilds were WE and SBR. I've played 3 shards: Atlantic, then LS, then Siege. So, yeah, the rangers ran in to you guys all the time at the X-Roads. We had some guild arguments about whether we as a guild should be fighting at the Xroads, but personally I figured it was all good. Players should learn how to deal with all sorts of situations.

Oh, and thanks for the offer, but I'm not currently playing any forms of UO. I just check in on the boards from time to time to see what's up.

Last edited: