• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] some rare will be dismiss in this idoc on great lake

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sadly LOTR hasn't been active since last year and even there it was only on a few times... hope he's ok. I'm pretty sure all his other homes dropped last year, at least from what I heard

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly LOTR hasn't been active since last year and even there it was only on a few times... hope he's ok. I'm pretty sure all his other homes dropped last year, at least from what I heard

just clarify this
other house not fall
he sold house other side

Qikdraw

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Wonder how much scripters got? It was at least a year ago that Mesanna said she'd look into it when a house in Zento fell full of rares. When is that gonna happen?

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here are some pictures of what the Museum looked like before it fell courtesy of @jrede23 taken 5 months ago

FIRST FLOOR
upload_2018-2-16_22-48-44.png

SECOND FLOOR
upload_2018-2-16_22-49-2.png

THIRD FLOOR
upload_2018-2-16_22-49-16.png

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So are pheinox items more expensive now/less expensive now?
Judging by what @panoramix2009 said that means theres 15 less suits now (6 less boots) except those few pieces that were on the ground

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So are pheinox items more expensive now/less expensive now?
Judging by what @panoramix2009 said that means theres 15 less suits now (6 less boots) except those few pieces that were on the ground
Considering this guy never sold his items, and pretty much always paid the most for the boots, usually more than anyone else, I'd say that the boots are worth the same if not less. The suits worth the same.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. Pretty sure some of those blood tiles use to be mine. I sold them long ago.

I froze up hard once the house fell and wasn't able to get anything.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
He's missing 18 tiles, need 36 to make complete pentagram, I bet someone else got the other half.

Snark

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Considering this guy never sold his items, and pretty much always paid the most for the boots, usually more than anyone else, I'd say that the boots are worth the same if not less. The suits worth the same.
That's not how it works though. UO lost a guy who spent a lot of money to buy stuff, you don't replace that.

How much will every item in game be worth to the last guy playing? Nothing, no buyers, turn the lights out.

meanwan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Also locked up up for 1-2 mins when it fell when i could move all gone. Are the scripters stopping real players information from getting to server. I mean that all the info the program checks through client is more than an average persons actions/moves. Always checking status etc.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would have been much better if it fell at the five hour mark, stupid mesanna with her 5/10/15 non sense. there was maybe 20 ppl at the five hour, there was 500 accts at the 15 hour, life of an idocer I guess. I had the connecting house teleporter cuz I looted one of his houses in October so I had been watching it for 5 months waiting and someone put out the bat call, that was far worse than the LS museum two years ago. We did decent but in 15 years of idocing ive never locked up for 1.5mins, I thought the whole damn server was crashing. I didn't get the damn sandstone bench which is all I really wanted :(.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I pulled a secret chest-it had a bag inside-when the lag spike stopped-the secret chest was still in my pack but the bag inside was gone- the whole time I was there my screen would lock up-how can the devs not know this?

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
in the midst of all the lag I got 2 books written by Nails about some awesome rares I didn't get.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
House fell around 9:30 PM EST

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok, so one thing I noticed.

People who were logged in got locked up.
I logged on another account at the mark of when it dropped and had no issues moving around while I saw alot of other people stuck in place. Sadly I was still at the bank so no chance to run there in time as the gear got swooped up by scripters in seconds..

Anyway, I've got some theories that it's certainly possible to force UO shard to deprioritize events ingame.
For fresh logins they wont get deprioritized. So what scripters do is that they sit on login-screen and login at the moment it happens (+ also get a fresh full load of items sent by server to client).

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I logged on another account at the mark of when it dropped and had no issues moving around while I saw alot of other people stuck in place. Sadly I was still at the bank so no chance to run there in time as the gear got swooped up by scripters in seconds..

Anyway, I've got some theories that it's certainly possible to force UO shard to deprioritize events ingame.
For fresh logins they wont get deprioritized. So what scripters do is that they sit on login-screen and login at the moment it happens (+ also get a fresh full load of items sent by server to client).
Interesting theory. I'll try it out next IDOC with my two accounts with one logged in there and the other hidden, logged out at the same spot.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that was a WOW idoc.....but like already said i hope the owner is ok...and well...as its na loota stuff just to let go because u got bored with UO

Abyss-

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

The reason you were able to login on your other account was because your char was at luna bank where there was no lag. I tried to login on other account as it fell and was stuck in login screen for 40+ seconds

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it was because of all the scrips lol. no lag for me until just before it drops, then most get turned on. did u see all the bags getting picked up by the script looter while we were waiting for it to drop lol. someone went around dropping bags, some over weight and empty bags, the overweight bags were getting picked up over and over again, too heavy. of coarse no gms, no devs. u think the gms/devs could figure out how to catch the script looters but u have to look. so sad because 2 more people left the game. im sorry if you were one of people that froze and lockup. i thought the shard was going to crash afew times. was fun watching the dimentrisaur kill all the newbie, hidden script looters but not the poor packies. yes someone released them afew times. the pictures above did not show all the hidden chars, probably twice as many chars if not more. when does free to cheat comes out, march?

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So who got the sandstone bench? Or table? Or what was in the gift boxes? Everyone is so silent on those items lol im curioussss

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was able to run up to the house with no problem on that char. I bet had I teleported in I could've made it there in time to loot.
The other character was still lag-locked.

Zaiko

Visitor
Yeah this guy used to be a good friend of mine too. Hope he is okay IRL -- can't see him ever letting this house fall.

I was there to try to grab some of his stuff for him in case he ever returned... completely locked up when the house fell and didn't get anything. Crazy lag.

Here's to hoping he is okay. Nice guy and loved this game.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of makes you wonder how they got all of those while so many were locked up
Yea it is a wonder. We watched for five months, were the only ones who knew what was inside, had an 8 man crew there and 95% could be grabbed from outside the walls without moving while being locked up. Hate more buddy . We would have had much more if pan didnt put this post before it fell or it fell at first tick when there was only like 10 ppl there.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So who had the scripts running to pick up bags for 15 hours straight? It got kind funny to watch bags get yoinked up non-stop for hours.

My guess is those had a liiiiiiiitle something to do with the lag, especially when everyone elses scripts kicked on as it fell. (tiny idoc size-wise, the house itself didn't cause that lag)

Is that the state of IDOCs now? I bet Mesanna converts them to auctions or makes the items show up as loot for killing mobs elsewhere at this rate.

I'm not complaining, it is what it is but what it has become is sad and not fun for 95% who stand little chance. Greed is going to kill IDOCs for everyone, wait for it... (no accusations but no sugarcoating either).

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already emailed @Mesanna after that idoc, showing for one the ridiculousness of it all and two the trolls who were breaking tos by killing ppl with harbys and blocking off the ent to luna with efields. I have a great idea but no one wants to listen. storage wars time! a house goes idoc a voting stone so to speak pops up in the front. You have 3 days to bid on said house, u can see whats inside but not whats in the boxes obviously. After three days the person who wins takes control of the house and all the gold he spent goes poof into the system, good gold sink as well. Personally I only still do idocs when i have time, basically to make sure that scamming crew alliance gets nothing. You know the crew with the guy that has a website and charges a percentage for each idoc you go to and duped a ton of gold crystals to do those fel events, and partnered up with the biggest scammer of all time who makes auction safe houses then when u win bans you from the house so you cant collect your item and he still gets paid. Yea I'd love to see them no longer break TOS and make money off this game. Scammers are filthy animals and should be put down. Thats just my idea, I'm fine with idocs completely no longer existing as well, but i think that would be a cool way to make it more interesting and get rid of some of this gold.

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea it is a wonder. We watched for five months, were the only ones who knew what was inside, had an 8 man crew there and 95% could be grabbed from outside the walls without moving while being locked up. Hate more buddy . We would have had much more if pan didnt put this post before it fell or it fell at first tick when there was only like 10 ppl there.

hummm when im arrived and take picture was already loaded ppl
cause ppl called it on atl said idoc on great lake with armor phoenix
when im arrived had already over 200 ppl there and i was there only in the last 4 hours time left
so is not the post called more ppl but only the guy called on atl

(wanted try save the house same for jason on atl when house passed idoc)

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
W
hummm when im arrived and take picture was already loaded ppl
cause ppl called it on atl said idoc on great lake with armor phoenix
when im arrived had already over 200 ppl there and i was there only in the last 4 hours time left
so is not the post called more ppl but only the guy called on atl

(wanted try save the house same for jason on atl when house passed idoc)
wasnt blaming u bud, it was 10-15 five hr 100 10 hr and likr 500 at the 15 hr. Ive never seen that many ppl at an idoc everrrrrr, been doing it for 15 years lol. Is what it is. We also sent over 30 emails to him in five months none were responded to so we fear the worst. We wanted it to not fall or buy it from him not give it to the scripters, but such is the state of idocs these days.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't address my statement. But cool story. Congrats on the loot.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So who had the scripts running to pick up bags for 15 hours straight? It got kind funny to watch bags get yoinked up non-stop for hours.

My guess is those had a liiiiiiiitle something to do with the lag, especially when everyone elses scripts kicked on as it fell. (tiny idoc size-wise, the house itself didn't cause that lag)

Is that the state of IDOCs now? I bet Mesanna converts them to auctions or makes the items show up as loot for killing mobs elsewhere at this rate.

I'm not complaining, it is what it is but what it has become is sad and not fun for 95% who stand little chance. Greed is going to kill IDOCs for everyone, wait for it... (no accusations but no sugarcoating either).
But you can't even compare this IDOC with others, this was a once in a few years drop AND within luna walls... it's contents estimated at 150plat+ with those vendors. So yeah I can see the interest of most for this IDOC after seeing all those phoenix suits and why it lagged so much after being advertised with all those programs running in the background, like I even lag a bit when running alone in luna across all those houses that are loaded with rares lol

You ever notice more people like playing the lotto when the jackpot reaches near a billion? That's this IDOC compared to the other weekly millions lotto ;)